- The Surya Kiran series of military exercises are being conducted annually, alternatively in India and Nepal. Surya Kiran series of military exercises with Nepal is largest in terms of troop’s participation in series of military training exercises undertaken by India with various countries.
- It is an ideal platform for the contingent of both nations to share their experience and gain mutually. The Exercise will be yet another step towards taking traditional friendship between the two nations to greater heights.
- The Joint Battalion Level Exercise will enhance defence co-operation and relations between the two nations.
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct battalion level joint training with emphasis on Counter Terrorism in mountainous terrain. Aspects of Disaster Management have also been included in the exercise.
- Indian Army is represented by the elite Kumaon Regt, while Jabar Jung Battalion of Nepal Army is participating in this edition of the joint exercise on behalf of Nepal Army.
- The Indo-Nepal Joint Military Exercise Surya Kiran-X commenced at Army Battle School, Saljhandi in Nepal.
- India and Nepal commenced their 10th joint military exercise which will be held over two weeks with emphasis on counter-terrorism in mountainous terrain.
- Several different armed forces of the same nation training together are described as having a joint exercise, while those involving forces of multiple nations are described as having a combined exercise.
- Said forces may be different branches of the armed forces from one country or may be armed forces from different countries.
- These latter events incorporating multiple nations have often been referred to as NATO exercises, Coalition exercises, Bilateral exercises (based on security arrangements/agreements solely between two nations), Multilateral exercises (based on security arrangements/agreements between multiple nations), or other similarly named events.
What is Joint exercise
National Judicial Reference System (NJRS) is an electronic repository of cases under the direct taxes category or income tax pending in legal forums like the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT), ...READ MORE
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) is leading the National Mental Health Survey (NMHS) with support from the Union Health Ministry A team of nearly 60 experts from ...READ MORE
A permanent museum dedicated to the Partition of India in 1947 – to be called Yadgar-e-Taqseem or Memories of Partition – will be opened in Amritsar in early 2017, to ...READ MORE
National framework for malaria elimination launched in Karnataka The Health Department launched the National Framework for Malaria Elimination in India programme in Karnataka The World Health Organisation is committed to eradicating malaria ...READ MORE
Criminalise marital rape: UNDP chief Recently Minister for Women and Child Welfare Maneka Gandhi submitted in Parliament that the government wouldn’t criminalise “marital rape,”. She said that the “concept of marital rape, as ...READ MORE
Legislative Council elections in the state Polling in the elections to the 25 seats of the Legislative Council from the Local Authorities constituencies , to be held on Sunday, will decide the fate ...READ MORE
For import of an aircraft following steps were necessary till now For remittance of funds for import of aircraft, the approval of the ministry was mandatory. Scheduled Operators (airlines) and Regional Scheduled ...READ MORE
The Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change has notified the revised standards for coal-based Thermal Power Plants in the country, with the primary aim of minimising pollution. These standards are ...READ MORE
Water Resources Minister M B Patil on Wednesday informed the Legislative Council that it would be unscientific to desilt the Tungabhadra dam, which has about 33 tmcft of silt deposition. Replying ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government is planning to introduce 100% reservation to Kannadigas in blue-collar jobs in private sector industries across the state. The state labour department has released the draft amendments to ...READ MORE
National Judicial Reference System
Mental health survey by NIMHANS
Amritsar’s Partition museum
National framework for malaria elimination launched in Karnataka
Marital rape – Need to be criminalised?
Karnataka Legislative Council- A brief history
Relaxed norms for aircraft import
Stricter Standards for Coal Based Thermal Power Plants
To offset silt in Tungabhadra dam: State plans to
Karnataka plans 100% quota for locals in private