- The Surya Kiran series of military exercises are being conducted annually, alternatively in India and Nepal. Surya Kiran series of military exercises with Nepal is largest in terms of troop’s participation in series of military training exercises undertaken by India with various countries.
- It is an ideal platform for the contingent of both nations to share their experience and gain mutually. The Exercise will be yet another step towards taking traditional friendship between the two nations to greater heights.
- The Joint Battalion Level Exercise will enhance defence co-operation and relations between the two nations.
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct battalion level joint training with emphasis on Counter Terrorism in mountainous terrain. Aspects of Disaster Management have also been included in the exercise.
- Indian Army is represented by the elite Kumaon Regt, while Jabar Jung Battalion of Nepal Army is participating in this edition of the joint exercise on behalf of Nepal Army.
- The Indo-Nepal Joint Military Exercise Surya Kiran-X commenced at Army Battle School, Saljhandi in Nepal.
- India and Nepal commenced their 10th joint military exercise which will be held over two weeks with emphasis on counter-terrorism in mountainous terrain.
- Several different armed forces of the same nation training together are described as having a joint exercise, while those involving forces of multiple nations are described as having a combined exercise.
- Said forces may be different branches of the armed forces from one country or may be armed forces from different countries.
- These latter events incorporating multiple nations have often been referred to as NATO exercises, Coalition exercises, Bilateral exercises (based on security arrangements/agreements solely between two nations), Multilateral exercises (based on security arrangements/agreements between multiple nations), or other similarly named events.
What is Joint exercise
ಕೆಮ್ಮಣ್ಣುಗುಂಡಿ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಕರ್ನಾಟಕದ ಊಟಿ ಎಂದೇ ಹೆಸರಾದ ಪ್ರವಾಸಿತಾಣ ಕೆಮ್ಮಣ್ಣುಗುಂಡಿ(ಶ್ರೀ ಕೃಷ್ಣರಾಜೇಂದ್ರ ಗಿರಿಧಾಮ)ಯಲ್ಲಿ ಕಾಡುಪ್ರಾಣಿಗಳ ಕಾಟ ಹಾಗೂ ಪ್ರವಾಸಿಗರ ಸುರಕ್ಷತೆಗಾಗಿ ಚೈನ್ ಲಿಂಕ್ ಮೆಷ್ ಫೆನ್ಸಿಂಗ್ ಅಳವಡಿಸಲು ರಾಜ್ಯ ತೋಟಗಾರಿಕೆ ಇಲಾಖೆ ಮುಂದಾಗಿದೆ. ಕಡವೆಗಳು, ಕಾಡು ಕುರಿಗಳಿಂದ ಗಿರಿಧಾಮ ರಕ್ಷಿಸುವುದು ಹಾಗೂ ಗಾರ್ಡನ್ ...READ MORE
Indian Shipbuilding and Ship-repair Industry A Strategy for promoting 'Make in India' initiative The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal for introducing measures to encourage shipbuilding and ship repair industry ...READ MORE
Aadhaar gets thumbs up from Supreme Court Why in news? The Supreme Court, in a majority opinion, upheld Aadhaar as a reasonable restriction on individual privacy that fulfils the government’s legitimate aim ...READ MORE
There are several antiquated, discriminatory provisions in the Indian laws violating the rights of leprosy affected persons. For instance, in the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 (Section 13 (v)), if one party ...READ MORE
The state-run Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) on 2nd March said that it has called off the plan to construct the controversial steel flyover bridge in Bengaluru. The proposed 6.9 km six-lane steel bridge from ...READ MORE
‘Rani Channamma University to ink MoUs with foreign universities’ Rani Channamma University will soon enter into agreements with universities in England and U.S., Vice-Chancellor of the university Shivanand Hosmani has said. These ...READ MORE
3,515 Karnataka farmers committed suicide in five years As many as 3,515 farmers in Karnataka committed suicide between April 2013 and November 2017, out of which 2,525 were due to drought ...READ MORE
The centre launched the following gold schemes recently: Gold Monetisation Scheme (GMS) Under the GMS, resident Indians can deposit gold at collection and purity testing centres certified by the Bureau of Indian ...READ MORE
Former High Court judge Justice P Vishwanath Shetty was sworn in as the Karnataka Lokayukta, a year after the post fell vacant following a bribery scandal that had hit the ...READ MORE
New index to check ease of doing agri-business Topic: Indian Economy IN NEWS: The Centre expects to roll out a new Ease of Doing Agri-Business Index early next year, which will rank ...READ MORE
“19 ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Indian Shipbuilding and Ship-repair Industry
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 27th
Antiquated Indian laws affecting Leprosy
Finally Karnataka government scraps Bengaluru steel flyover project
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 27th-28th
Centre launches Gold schemes
Karnataka gets Lokayukta after a year – Justice
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 14th November