- The Surya Kiran series of military exercises are being conducted annually, alternatively in India and Nepal. Surya Kiran series of military exercises with Nepal is largest in terms of troop’s participation in series of military training exercises undertaken by India with various countries.
- It is an ideal platform for the contingent of both nations to share their experience and gain mutually. The Exercise will be yet another step towards taking traditional friendship between the two nations to greater heights.
- The Joint Battalion Level Exercise will enhance defence co-operation and relations between the two nations.
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct battalion level joint training with emphasis on Counter Terrorism in mountainous terrain. Aspects of Disaster Management have also been included in the exercise.
- Indian Army is represented by the elite Kumaon Regt, while Jabar Jung Battalion of Nepal Army is participating in this edition of the joint exercise on behalf of Nepal Army.
- The Indo-Nepal Joint Military Exercise Surya Kiran-X commenced at Army Battle School, Saljhandi in Nepal.
- India and Nepal commenced their 10th joint military exercise which will be held over two weeks with emphasis on counter-terrorism in mountainous terrain.
- Several different armed forces of the same nation training together are described as having a joint exercise, while those involving forces of multiple nations are described as having a combined exercise.
- Said forces may be different branches of the armed forces from one country or may be armed forces from different countries.
- These latter events incorporating multiple nations have often been referred to as NATO exercises, Coalition exercises, Bilateral exercises (based on security arrangements/agreements solely between two nations), Multilateral exercises (based on security arrangements/agreements between multiple nations), or other similarly named events.
What is Joint exercise
India's Act East Policy focusses on the extended neighbourhood in the Asia-Pacific region. The policy which was originally conceived as an economic initiative, has gained political, strategic and cultural dimensions including ...READ MORE
Initiatives Taken Up Solid Waste Management: Municipal Solid Waste Management is one of the basic functions of the Municipalities. Rapid urbanization, heterogeneous nature of waste, lack of awareness among the public and various other stake ...READ MORE
The government is striving to introduce five more labour reform legislations in the winter session of Parliament, including the bills to introduce a new wage and industrial relations code and ...READ MORE
1)Consider the following on “Zika” Virus a) it is a tick-borne disease b) it is a contagious disease c) it causes headache, muscle and joint pain along with neurological and foetaldeformation known as Microcephaly d) ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Cogeneration is the use of a heat engine or a power station to simultaneously generate both electricity and useful heat. ∗ Co-generation is defined as the combined generation of electric ...READ MORE
Drop in married women using modern family planning methods Karnataka has recorded a decline in use of modern family planning methods by married women, with just over 50 per cent of ...READ MORE
Scientific name Falco amurensis Conservation status IUCN- Least Concern Conservation efforts in Nagaland, India Introduction Amur Falcon is a small raptor of the falcon family.Its a small, slender, pigeon-sized bird of prey, and is noteworthy for undertaking ...READ MORE
Britain grants first licence for genetic modification of embryos Britain granted its first licence for the genetic modification of human embryos as part of research into infertility and why miscarriages happen, ...READ MORE
The Thirteenth Finance Commission has recommended a five year tenure from 2010-11 to 2014-15 for the utilisation of its grants. The grants are released in 2 instalments annually, based on the ...READ MORE
Act East Policy
State Issues – Solid Waste Management
Labour reform bills to be introduced
CURRENT AFFAIRS QUESTION 3-02-2016
National Family Health Survey: Karnataka Related Data
Britain grants first licence for genetic modification of
Rural Development-Rural Infrastructure-Thirteenth Finance Commission Grants & Grama
MULTI-FEED GASIFICATION TECHNOLOGY