- The Surya Kiran series of military exercises are being conducted annually, alternatively in India and Nepal. Surya Kiran series of military exercises with Nepal is largest in terms of troop’s participation in series of military training exercises undertaken by India with various countries.
- It is an ideal platform for the contingent of both nations to share their experience and gain mutually. The Exercise will be yet another step towards taking traditional friendship between the two nations to greater heights.
- The Joint Battalion Level Exercise will enhance defence co-operation and relations between the two nations.
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct battalion level joint training with emphasis on Counter Terrorism in mountainous terrain. Aspects of Disaster Management have also been included in the exercise.
- Indian Army is represented by the elite Kumaon Regt, while Jabar Jung Battalion of Nepal Army is participating in this edition of the joint exercise on behalf of Nepal Army.
- The Indo-Nepal Joint Military Exercise Surya Kiran-X commenced at Army Battle School, Saljhandi in Nepal.
- India and Nepal commenced their 10th joint military exercise which will be held over two weeks with emphasis on counter-terrorism in mountainous terrain.
- Several different armed forces of the same nation training together are described as having a joint exercise, while those involving forces of multiple nations are described as having a combined exercise.
- Said forces may be different branches of the armed forces from one country or may be armed forces from different countries.
- These latter events incorporating multiple nations have often been referred to as NATO exercises, Coalition exercises, Bilateral exercises (based on security arrangements/agreements solely between two nations), Multilateral exercises (based on security arrangements/agreements between multiple nations), or other similarly named events.
What is Joint exercise
In a development that gives a big boost to the aviation industry in Karnataka, aerospace major Boeing is holding talks with the state government on setting up a new aircraft ...READ MORE
The Thirteenth Finance Commission has recommended a five year tenure from 2010-11 to 2014-15 for the utilisation of its grants. The grants are released in 2 instalments annually, based on the ...READ MORE
Integrated Farming (IF) is a whole farm management system which aims to deliver more sustainable agriculture. It can be applied to any farming system around the world. It involves attention to ...READ MORE
Government of India has introduced the centrally sponsored Mega City scheme during the year 1995. Under this scheme a sum of Rs.241.75 crore central share and equal share under state grant i.e.Rs.241.75 crore was provided to ...READ MORE
BMRCL won’t acquire land near Bhadra Tiger Reserve Acquiring forest land in Kadugodi is proving to be difficult task for the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL). The corporation is facing ...READ MORE
ಪಕ್ಷಿಧಾಮ ರಂಗನತಿಟ್ಟು ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ?ಕೊಡಗು ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಕಳೆದೊಂದು ವಾರದಿಂದ ಭಾರಿ ಮಳೆ ಸುರಿಯುತ್ತಿರುವುದರಿಂದ ಕೆಆರ್ಎಸ್ ಜಲಾಶಯಕ್ಕೆ ವಿಪರೀತ ನೀರು ಹರಿದುಬರುತ್ತಿದೆ. ಜಲಾಶಯದಿಂದ ನಿತ್ಯ 25 ಕ್ಯೂಸೆಕ್ಸ್ ಅಡಿ ನೀರನ್ನು ಹೊರಬಿಡಲಾಗುತ್ತಿದೆ. ಈ ಹಿನ್ನೆಲೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಪ್ರಸಿದ್ಧ ಪಕ್ಷಿಧಾಮ ರಂಗನತಿಟ್ಟು ಜಲಾವೃತಗೊಂಡಿದೆ. ರ೦ಗನತಿಟ್ಟು ಪಕ್ಷಿಧಾಮ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ರ೦ಗನತಿಟ್ಟು ಪಕ್ಷಿಧಾಮ ...READ MORE
HC seeks report on pollution in two villages The Karnataka High Court on 11th August directed the State government to secure a status report without any delay on allegations about illegal ...READ MORE
Bengaluru aims to go up in Swachh Bharat rankings The 2019 survey, be held between January 4 and 31, comes at a time when the city has slipped to rank 216 ...READ MORE
The Rajya Sabha passed the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015, The bill seeks to make the resolution of cheque bounce cases a speedier and less inconvenient affair. It introduces an amendment that ...READ MORE
World’s largest steelmaker ArcelorMittal may set up a solar farm on land allotted to it for a steel plant in Ballari district of Karnataka, in view of excess global steel ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Boeing in talks with govt to set
Rural Development-Rural Infrastructure-Thirteenth Finance Commission Grants & Grama
Urban Development-Central Sponsored Mega City Scheme & Smart
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 8th
“18th ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Kanataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 7th
Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015
Karnataka: ArcelorMittal plans solar farm in Ballari