- The Surya Kiran series of military exercises are being conducted annually, alternatively in India and Nepal. Surya Kiran series of military exercises with Nepal is largest in terms of troop’s participation in series of military training exercises undertaken by India with various countries.
- It is an ideal platform for the contingent of both nations to share their experience and gain mutually. The Exercise will be yet another step towards taking traditional friendship between the two nations to greater heights.
- The Joint Battalion Level Exercise will enhance defence co-operation and relations between the two nations.
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct battalion level joint training with emphasis on Counter Terrorism in mountainous terrain. Aspects of Disaster Management have also been included in the exercise.
- Indian Army is represented by the elite Kumaon Regt, while Jabar Jung Battalion of Nepal Army is participating in this edition of the joint exercise on behalf of Nepal Army.
- The Indo-Nepal Joint Military Exercise Surya Kiran-X commenced at Army Battle School, Saljhandi in Nepal.
- India and Nepal commenced their 10th joint military exercise which will be held over two weeks with emphasis on counter-terrorism in mountainous terrain.
- Several different armed forces of the same nation training together are described as having a joint exercise, while those involving forces of multiple nations are described as having a combined exercise.
- Said forces may be different branches of the armed forces from one country or may be armed forces from different countries.
- These latter events incorporating multiple nations have often been referred to as NATO exercises, Coalition exercises, Bilateral exercises (based on security arrangements/agreements solely between two nations), Multilateral exercises (based on security arrangements/agreements between multiple nations), or other similarly named events.
What is Joint exercise
The Karnataka government on Monday launched rural Wi-Fi services in 11 gram panchayats, with Chief Minister Siddaramaiah saying such a ‘digital inclusion’ will give village-level entrepreneurs ready access to online market ...READ MORE
Indian Railways has initiated a comprehensive proposal in collaboration with The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to revamp Mumbai’s Bandra Sub-Urban Station Under an agreement between Indian Railways ...READ MORE
The Cabinet approved Rs. 2,000 crore for the rehabilitation of Kashmiris who moved to different parts of India in the early 1990s and began to be recognised as migrants. It will ...READ MORE
The project to move Tipu Sultan’s armoury has crossed a critical phase. The armoury is being moved 100 metres to make way for a railway track. The spectacular engineering effort is ...READ MORE
The Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015 was passed by the Parliament recently The provisions of the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Act, 2015 shall be deemed to have come into force on the ...READ MORE
Elephant census to focus on areas outside forests Forest officials and conservationists, who are gearing up for the elephant census, will focus on areas outside forests as the jumbos are seen ...READ MORE
Anthropocene era set in The results, found in a new research. are published in the journal Earth’s Future in London The impact that human beings have made on the Earth in terms of production ...READ MORE
Two reports released on Thursday, one at the global level and the other India-specific, say the country is on track to meet only two (under-five overweight and exclusive breastfeeding rates) ...READ MORE
The Revised Master Plan (RMP) 2031 the new Plan talks about more Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) and mandating apartment owners to treat their waste water themselves, they ask: Why did ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Rural Wi-Fi for ‘digital inclusion’ of village
Bandra Station- Queen of suburbs
Economic package for Kashmiri migrants’ rehabilitation
Karnataka: Tipu’s armoury shifting starts smooth
Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015 notified
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
State of nutrition in the country
Karnataka: Bengaluru unable to treat waste water?
All you need to know- Bank consolidation