- The Surya Kiran series of military exercises are being conducted annually, alternatively in India and Nepal. Surya Kiran series of military exercises with Nepal is largest in terms of troop’s participation in series of military training exercises undertaken by India with various countries.
- It is an ideal platform for the contingent of both nations to share their experience and gain mutually. The Exercise will be yet another step towards taking traditional friendship between the two nations to greater heights.
- The Joint Battalion Level Exercise will enhance defence co-operation and relations between the two nations.
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct battalion level joint training with emphasis on Counter Terrorism in mountainous terrain. Aspects of Disaster Management have also been included in the exercise.
- Indian Army is represented by the elite Kumaon Regt, while Jabar Jung Battalion of Nepal Army is participating in this edition of the joint exercise on behalf of Nepal Army.
- The Indo-Nepal Joint Military Exercise Surya Kiran-X commenced at Army Battle School, Saljhandi in Nepal.
- India and Nepal commenced their 10th joint military exercise which will be held over two weeks with emphasis on counter-terrorism in mountainous terrain.
- Several different armed forces of the same nation training together are described as having a joint exercise, while those involving forces of multiple nations are described as having a combined exercise.
- Said forces may be different branches of the armed forces from one country or may be armed forces from different countries.
- These latter events incorporating multiple nations have often been referred to as NATO exercises, Coalition exercises, Bilateral exercises (based on security arrangements/agreements solely between two nations), Multilateral exercises (based on security arrangements/agreements between multiple nations), or other similarly named events.
What is Joint exercise
The Thirteenth Finance Commission has recommended a five year tenure from 2010-11 to 2014-15 for the utilisation of its grants. The grants are released in 2 instalments annually, based on the ...READ MORE
Karnataka Draft film policy Why in News: The committee, headed by Karnataka Chalanachitra Academy chairman S V Rajendra Singh Babu, submitted its Kannada Film Policy report to Chief Minister Karnataka Film Chambers of ...READ MORE
Indian Railways has initiated a comprehensive proposal in collaboration with The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to revamp Mumbai’s Bandra Sub-Urban Station Under an agreement between Indian Railways ...READ MORE
KLCDA for declaring 176 ‘live’ lakes in Bengaluru as wetlands The Karnataka Lake Conservation and Development Authority (KLCDA) has sought for the declaration of 176 ‘live’ lakes in the city as ...READ MORE
‘Rs. 13 crore for developing Kolikere lake’ The State government has sanctioned Rs. 13 crore to develop Kolikere lake, according to District in-charge Minister Vinay Kulkarni. Of the total amount sanctioned, the ...READ MORE
Karnataka govt aims to generate by 2018-end around 2700 MW from the Pavagada solar park, in a region that has seen 54 droughts in the last 60 years Pavagada Pavagada less than ...READ MORE
RuPay is a combination of two words – Rupee and Payment. RuPay Card is an Indian version of credit/debit card. It is very similar to international cards such as Visa/Master. Government ...READ MORE
ಯಾರು ಅಂಗವಿಕಲರು? ದೇಹದ ಯಾವುದಾದರೂ ಒಂದು ಅಥವಾ ಹೆಚ್ಚು ಅಂಗ ಶೇ.40ಕ್ಕೂ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಪ್ರಮಾಣದಲ್ಲಿ ಊನವಾಗಿರುವ ದೈಹಿಕ ಅಂಗವಿಕಲರು, ದೃಷ್ಟಿದೋಷ, ಶ್ರವಣದೋಷ, ಬುದ್ಧಿಮಾಂದ್ಯರು, ಮಾನಸಿಕ ಅಸ್ವಸ್ಥರು ಇವರನ್ನು ಅಂಗವಿಕಲರೆಂದು ಪರಿಗಣಿಸಲಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಅಂಗವೈಕಲ್ಯ ನಿವಾರಣೆ ಶಸ್ತ್ರಚಿಕಿತ್ಸೆಗೆ ಲಕ್ಷ ರೂ.ವರೆಗೆ ವೈದ್ಯಕೀಯ ಪರಿಹಾರ ನಿಧಿ ಈ ಯೋಜನೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಅಂಗವೈಕಲ್ಯದ ...READ MORE
Under Centrally Sponsored UIDSSMT (mission period) scheme, out of the 38 projects sanctioned for the State, 28 projects are completed. The central government has released an amount of Rs.534.97 crore for ...READ MORE
Homeless rural residents of Karnataka will now get additional funds to build their houses In a first for the country, the State government has decided to dovetail funds meant for subsidised ...READ MORE
Rural Development-Rural Infrastructure-Thirteenth Finance Commission Grants & Grama
KAS Challengers 2016: About Karnataka Draft Film Policy
Bandra Station- Queen of suburbs
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 9th
The world’s largest solar park is shaping up
Indian RuPay card answer to Visa/Master Card?
ವಿಕಲಾಂಗರ ನೆರವಿಗೆ ಹಲವು ಯೋಜನೆ
Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme for Small and Medium
Rural poor in state get MNREGA support to