- The Surya Kiran series of military exercises are being conducted annually, alternatively in India and Nepal. Surya Kiran series of military exercises with Nepal is largest in terms of troop’s participation in series of military training exercises undertaken by India with various countries.
- It is an ideal platform for the contingent of both nations to share their experience and gain mutually. The Exercise will be yet another step towards taking traditional friendship between the two nations to greater heights.
- The Joint Battalion Level Exercise will enhance defence co-operation and relations between the two nations.
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct battalion level joint training with emphasis on Counter Terrorism in mountainous terrain. Aspects of Disaster Management have also been included in the exercise.
- Indian Army is represented by the elite Kumaon Regt, while Jabar Jung Battalion of Nepal Army is participating in this edition of the joint exercise on behalf of Nepal Army.
- The Indo-Nepal Joint Military Exercise Surya Kiran-X commenced at Army Battle School, Saljhandi in Nepal.
- India and Nepal commenced their 10th joint military exercise which will be held over two weeks with emphasis on counter-terrorism in mountainous terrain.
- Several different armed forces of the same nation training together are described as having a joint exercise, while those involving forces of multiple nations are described as having a combined exercise.
- Said forces may be different branches of the armed forces from one country or may be armed forces from different countries.
- These latter events incorporating multiple nations have often been referred to as NATO exercises, Coalition exercises, Bilateral exercises (based on security arrangements/agreements solely between two nations), Multilateral exercises (based on security arrangements/agreements between multiple nations), or other similarly named events.
What is Joint exercise
Trade Facilitation agreement TFA is divided into three parts. Section 1 contains provisions on simplification of border clearance procedures and adoption of new transparency measures and consists of 12 Articles. These 12 ...READ MORE
NASA has started a new programme for detecting and tracking near-Earth objects (NEOs) — comets and asteroids that pass by the Earth’s orbit — to ward off any potential impact ...READ MORE
Travel time between Bengaluru and Mysuru could be reduced to 90 minutes in the near future if trials with a high speed, tilting train manufactured by Spanish manufacturer Talgo conducted ...READ MORE
Excise Department moves from paper to polyester The Excise Department’s move from paper Excise Adhesive Label (EAL) on Indian Made Liquor (IML) bottles to non-biodegradable polyester ones has the green activists ...READ MORE
ISRO: After Mars, it’s time for Venus The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has invited scientists to suggest studies for a potential orbiter mission to Venus - somewhat similar to the ...READ MORE
Padma Awards are the highest civilian Awards of the country conferred in three categories Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri. This year, President of India Pranab Mukherjee approved conferment of ...READ MORE
What Country’s first, indigenous rotavirus vaccine launched The Rotavirus vaccine was developed indigenously, under a public-private partnership between the Ministry of Science Technology and the Health Ministry. Why to combat diarrhoeal deaths. How As given in ...READ MORE
The number of women in the State police force is not enough to deal with crimes against women, who constitute about 50% of the total population, the Karnataka High Court ...READ MORE
The Union government on Sunday launched the first phase of the all India Measles and Rubella (MR) vaccine immunisation campaign from Bengaluru for the four states of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, ...READ MORE
The Union Cabinet has approved the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015, as reported by the Select Committee of Rajya Sabha. The Bill will now be taken up for ...READ MORE
Trade Facilitation agreement- details and implementation
New NASA programme to protect Earth from asteroids,
Talgo tilting train- between Mysore Bangalore
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 7th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Padma Awards: Seven Padma awardees from Karnataka –
India’s rotavirus vaccine launched
Insufficient women in police force – High Court
Measles-Rubella vaccine drive launched; to cover 1.65 cr
Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015