- The Surya Kiran series of military exercises are being conducted annually, alternatively in India and Nepal. Surya Kiran series of military exercises with Nepal is largest in terms of troop’s participation in series of military training exercises undertaken by India with various countries.
- It is an ideal platform for the contingent of both nations to share their experience and gain mutually. The Exercise will be yet another step towards taking traditional friendship between the two nations to greater heights.
- The Joint Battalion Level Exercise will enhance defence co-operation and relations between the two nations.
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct battalion level joint training with emphasis on Counter Terrorism in mountainous terrain. Aspects of Disaster Management have also been included in the exercise.
- Indian Army is represented by the elite Kumaon Regt, while Jabar Jung Battalion of Nepal Army is participating in this edition of the joint exercise on behalf of Nepal Army.
- The Indo-Nepal Joint Military Exercise Surya Kiran-X commenced at Army Battle School, Saljhandi in Nepal.
- India and Nepal commenced their 10th joint military exercise which will be held over two weeks with emphasis on counter-terrorism in mountainous terrain.
- Several different armed forces of the same nation training together are described as having a joint exercise, while those involving forces of multiple nations are described as having a combined exercise.
- Said forces may be different branches of the armed forces from one country or may be armed forces from different countries.
- These latter events incorporating multiple nations have often been referred to as NATO exercises, Coalition exercises, Bilateral exercises (based on security arrangements/agreements solely between two nations), Multilateral exercises (based on security arrangements/agreements between multiple nations), or other similarly named events.
What is Joint exercise
Database soon of medicinal plants, traditional healthcare The State could soon have a modern database of local medicinal plants and knowledge pertaining to traditional healthcare practices created using Geographical Information System ...READ MORE
As per Registrar General of India, Sample Registration System (SRS) 2013, the Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) is 40 per 1000 live births. the Neonatal Mortality Rate (NMR) is 28 per 1000 live ...READ MORE
Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot The Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) will launch the Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot from October 1, ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Cogeneration is the use of a heat engine or a power station to simultaneously generate both electricity and useful heat. ∗ Co-generation is defined as the combined generation of electric ...READ MORE
Aviation MRO in the country is currently worth $ 700 million and is set to reach $ 2 billion by 2020 Maintenance, repair and operations(MRO) involves fixing any sort of mechanical, ...READ MORE
The new rules for taxi aggregators issued by the government will mean that they will have to toe the line on passenger safety. But, for the moment, they have been given ...READ MORE
The massive campaign for Kallikattu in Tamil Nadu and a similar campaign building up for kambala in Karnataka seem to have opened a Pandora’s box. Now, there is demand from people ...READ MORE
Children who are left without direct parental care for extended periods of time show larger gray matter volumes in the brain and may also show delay in brain development, according ...READ MORE
Republic Day Special: Free Current Affairs Classes
Database soon of medicinal plants and traditional healthcare
Infant Mortality- Status
Do you know what about Dasara Golden Chariot
Maintenance, repair and operations(MRO) industry
The Karnataka On-demand Transportation Technology Aggregators Rules, 2016.
After Jallikattu & Kambala, next demand for lifting
Lack of parental care affects brain development
VTU to train construction workers