- Manipal Hospitals corporate and teaching facilities will adopt IBM’s supercomputer, called Watson, to fight cancer
- This would be the first deployment of Watson in India. Watson for Oncology was developed by IBM in collaboration with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, one of the world’s leading cancer centers.
- Watson uses natural language processing and machine learning to analyze large amounts of medical data to speed up the diagnosis process.
- It would reveal insights that would help oncologists provide cancer patients with individualized healthcare.
- This includes assessing individual tumours to suggest which drug should be used to target them
- The company decided to take the help of Watson as there was a shortage of oncologists to treat a growing number of patients.
- Manipal can combine clinicians’ expertise across various types of cancers with Watson’s cognitive computing technology.
- The machine’s learning capability enables it to continuously learn about oncology over time. Doctors will have access to peer reviewed studies, clinical guidelines, and expert perspectives.
- Cancers of all type claim approximately 6,80,000 lives each year in India, making it the leading cause of death in the country after heart diseases, according to the World Health Organization. There are one million new cancer cases diagnosed every year in India, and this is expected to rise fivefold by 2020.
- Cognitive computing involves self-learning systems that use data mining, pattern recognition and natural language processing to mimic the way the human brain works.
- Watson for Oncology has ingested almost 15 million pages of medical content, including more than 200 medical textbooks and 300 medical journals.
- This year alone, almost 44,000 oncology research papers have been published in medical journals around the world. This amounts to close to 122 new papers published every day, outpacing the ability of humans to keep up with the proliferation of medical knowledge.
ಬಡವರ ಬಂಧು ಯೋಜನೆ ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ ?ಮೀಟರ್ ಬಡ್ಡಿ ದಂಧೆಕೋರರಿಂದ ಬೀದಿ ಬದಿ ವ್ಯಾಪಾರಿ ಗಳನ್ನು ರಕ್ಷಿಸಲು ಸರ್ಕಾರ ರೂಪಿಸುತ್ತಿರುವ ಬಡವರ ಬಂಧು ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು ಏಕಕಾಲಕ್ಕೆ ಎಲ್ಲ ಜಿಲ್ಲಾ ಕೇಂದ್ರಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಜಾರಿಗೆ ತರಲು ನಿರ್ಧರಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು, ಮೈಸೂರು, ಬೀದರ್, ಹಾಸನ, ಹುಬ್ಬಳ್ಳಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಮಾತ್ರ ಪ್ರಾಯೋಗಿಕವಾಗಿ ...READ MORE
Government may bail out undertial women The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) has launched its report titled ‘Women in Prisons’. Aim It aims to build an understanding of the various challenges ...READ MORE
Pradhana Manthri Gram Sadak yojana (PMGSY) PMGSY was launched in the State during December 2000 with the objective of providing rural connectivity through all weather roads to the habitations having a population of 500 and above. Under ...READ MORE
What is Kambala? Kambala is an annual festival celebrated in the Dakshina Kannada district of Karnataka. The festival involves the traditional buffalo race, a popular and unique sport among the farming ...READ MORE
As a New Year gift, the state government has decided to promote 11,000 police personnel. At a review meeting held on Wednesday, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said this is the first time ...READ MORE
Around 1,500 Kannada celluloid classics to get a new lease of life Over 1,500 Kannada films produced in the last 80 years will get a new lease of life as the ...READ MORE
Property ID numbers in February The long-awaited Property Identification (PID) number will be launched by the BBMP in the first week of February. Once it is launched, there will be an app ...READ MORE
State reaches 8-lakh mark in LED bulb sales As the number of LED bulbs sold in the country under the Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) touched the 5-crore mark, Karnataka stood ...READ MORE
Manipur Sangai Festival Topic: Art and Culture IN NEWS: The annual Sangai Festival was celebrated in northeastern state of Manipur. It is grandest festival of state named after state animal, Sangai, ...READ MORE
150 acres of wetlands that can be preserved identified With advice from a retired professor and Indian Institute of Science researchers, the Karnataka Lake Conservation and Development Authority (KLCDA) has identified ...READ MORE
“18th ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂಬರ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS – 27th June
Rural Development-Rural Roads InfrastructurePradhana Manthri Gram Sadak Yojana
After Jallakattu, Karnataka wakes up for “Kambala”
Karnataka: Biggest Ever Promotion Move, 11,000 Police Personnel
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 10th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 9th
Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) and Hosa Belaku
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 22nd November
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams