Solar energy sector
- The government approved a post facto agreement with Germany to expand bilateral cooperation in the field of solar energy.
- The Union Cabinet approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to expand bilateral development cooperation in the field of Solar Energy by increasing use of solar energy in India through technical as well as financial cooperation
- Under the agreement, Germany would provide concessional loans in the range of one billion Euros over the next five years through Kreditanstalt fur Wiederaufbau (KfW).
- The funds of KfW will also be utilized for providing soft loans to the end-users through partner banks. The MoU will help in strengthening bilateral cooperation between the two countries.
- India has set an ambitious target of having 100 GW solar power generation capacity by 2022 under the National Solar Mission.
Capital goods sector
- The Union Cabinet also approved another agreement with Germany to roll out the ‘Make in India’ campaign for the capital goods sector
- A pact was signed between Department of Heavy Industries and Fraunhofer Gesellschaft (Germany) to provide platform to various public sector undertakings and capital goods sector units. It will lead to easy access to capabilities and expertise of Fraunhofer for identifying and plugging technology gaps in line with 12th Five Year Plan. Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, Germany is a leading organisation of 65 institutes for applied industrial research in Europe.
- Under the MoU, Fraunhoferw will be a “Technology Resource Partner” for implementing of identified projects in manufacturing, working with various stakeholders in Government of India, Industries and academia for increased cooperation and collaboration in applied industrial research and technology development, the release said.
- They have capability to provide advanced industrial technologies needed by the Indian Capital Goods Sector.
PETA to challenge Ordinance on Kambala People for the Ethical Treatment to Animals (PETA) has said that the organisation will challenge the new Ordinance that allows the conduct of Kambala — ...READ MORE
The Government has launched Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) in the country. The aim, objective and salient features of CCTNS are : To fully computerize the process of crime ...READ MORE
ISRO: After Mars, it’s time for Venus The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has invited scientists to suggest studies for a potential orbiter mission to Venus - somewhat similar to the ...READ MORE
Kittur Fort to become tourist spot Kittur Utsav that celebrates Queen Kittur Channamma’s victory over the East India company’s troupes in 1824, was organised in Channammana Kittur on Monday. The three-day ...READ MORE
Homeless rural residents of Karnataka will now get additional funds to build their houses In a first for the country, the State government has decided to dovetail funds meant for subsidised ...READ MORE
Chief Minister In the Republic of India, a chief minister is the head of government of each of twenty-nine states and two union territories (Delhi and Puducherry). Chief Minister’s position in state is ...READ MORE
After canteens, state govt launches Indira Clinic After the launch of Indira Canteens in the city, the government has launched the Indira Transit Clinic to cater to the medical needs of ...READ MORE
Reforming criminals Judgement was given in a majority judgment of the five-judge Constitution Bench led by Chief Justice of India H.L. Dattu observed in the Rajiv Gandhi killers’ remission case. They noted that ...READ MORE
ಜೀವಸತ್ವಗಳು (ವಿಟಮಿನ್) ನಮ್ಮ ದೇಹದ ವಿವಿಧ ಕಾರ್ಯಗಳಿಗೆ ಅತ್ಯವಶ್ಯಕವಾಗಿ ಬೇಕಾದ ಅಂಶಗಳು. ನಾವು ಸೇವಿಸುವ ಆಹಾರದಲ್ಲಿನ ಜೀವಸತ್ವಗಳು ಪಚನವಾಗಿ ರಕ್ತದಲ್ಲಿ ಹೀರುವಂತಾಗಲು ಜಿಡ್ಡಿನಂಶದ ಅಗತ್ಯಕ್ಕೆ ಅನುಗುಣವಾಗಿ ಅವುಗಳನ್ನು ಜಿಡ್ಡಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಕರಗುವ ಮತ್ತು ನೀರಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಕರಗುವ (Water Soluble) ಜೀವಸತ್ವಗಳೆಂದು ವಿಂಗಡಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಜೀವಸತ್ವ ಎ.ಡಿ.ಇ.ಕೆ.ಗಳನ್ನು (ವಿಟಮಿನ್ ...READ MORE
Green nod to Karnataka's Rs 1,561-cr Harohalli industrial park The Centre has given its green light to the combined development of Harohalli industrial zone in Ramnagara district of Karnataka entailing an ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 25th
Rural poor in state get MNREGA support to
Everything you need to know about Chief Ministers
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 3rd
SC judgement : Remission of sentences
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 2nd