Solar energy sector
- The government approved a post facto agreement with Germany to expand bilateral cooperation in the field of solar energy.
- The Union Cabinet approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to expand bilateral development cooperation in the field of Solar Energy by increasing use of solar energy in India through technical as well as financial cooperation
- Under the agreement, Germany would provide concessional loans in the range of one billion Euros over the next five years through Kreditanstalt fur Wiederaufbau (KfW).
- The funds of KfW will also be utilized for providing soft loans to the end-users through partner banks. The MoU will help in strengthening bilateral cooperation between the two countries.
- India has set an ambitious target of having 100 GW solar power generation capacity by 2022 under the National Solar Mission.
Capital goods sector
- The Union Cabinet also approved another agreement with Germany to roll out the ‘Make in India’ campaign for the capital goods sector
- A pact was signed between Department of Heavy Industries and Fraunhofer Gesellschaft (Germany) to provide platform to various public sector undertakings and capital goods sector units. It will lead to easy access to capabilities and expertise of Fraunhofer for identifying and plugging technology gaps in line with 12th Five Year Plan. Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, Germany is a leading organisation of 65 institutes for applied industrial research in Europe.
- Under the MoU, Fraunhoferw will be a “Technology Resource Partner” for implementing of identified projects in manufacturing, working with various stakeholders in Government of India, Industries and academia for increased cooperation and collaboration in applied industrial research and technology development, the release said.
- They have capability to provide advanced industrial technologies needed by the Indian Capital Goods Sector.
The fire that broke out in the Kappatagudda foothills between Bidnal and Virapapur Lambani tandas on 3rd March night, has been completely doused. Fire and Emergency Services personnel, police, Forest department ...READ MORE
To monitor vehicular pollution, the Karnataka State Pollution Control Board (KSPCB) on 16th Nov launched 12 vehicles fitted with sophisticated emission monitoring equipment. KSPCB chairman Lakshman said the vehicles are fitted ...READ MORE
Bill to bring all varsities under one umbrella tabled The Karnataka State Universities Bill, 2017 — which seeks to bring all State universities under one umbrella — was tabled in the ...READ MORE
Anthropocene era set in The results, found in a new research. are published in the journal Earth’s Future in London The impact that human beings have made on the Earth in terms of production ...READ MORE
Suvarna Gramodaya Yojane has been ventured to develop vibrant village communities by adopting an intensive and integrated approach to rural development. The programme was launched on the occasion of Golden Jubilee ...READ MORE
Karnataka HC permits testing of K-C valley water supply system The Karnataka High Court permitted the State government and its agencies to temporarily conduct a trial run of the system which ...READ MORE
The State government has halved the penalty charges for implementation of the Akarma-Sakrama scheme that will regularise unauthorised constructions on government lands in villages and the periphery of urban areas. What ...READ MORE
The Centre is planning to revive a cluster of gold mines at Kolar Gold Fields shut for 15 years but with an estimated $2.1 billion worth of deposits left as ...READ MORE
First State-owned wayside amenity centre to come up in Chittapur soon The first government-owned roadside multi-amenity centre to cater the basic needs of tourists and travellers is going to be established ...READ MORE
'Agni Sakhi' eco-friendly stove to light up 130 rural homes "Agni Sakhi', a boon to village home-makers in the taluk, has entered the kitchens of the women of Shidlaghatta taluk, thanks ...READ MORE
12 acres of Kappatagudda forest destroyed in fire
Karnataka State Government Launches Mobile Units To Check
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Rural Development-Suvarna Gramodaya Yojane-KAS/KPSC 2016
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 12th September
Akrama-Sakrama: Penalty halved, deadline extended
Govt to consider reviving KGF that has $2
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 20th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 27th