- In a surprise development kept secret until their meeting was over, Indian and Pakistani National Security Advisers led delegations for talks in Bangkok
- The discussions covered peace and security, terrorism, Jammu and Kashmir, and other issues, including tranquillity along the LoC.
- There were several reasons for holding the NSA talks away from the public glare in Thailand, and came after both sides agreed to compromise on their previous positions that led to the cancellation of NSA talks in August.
- While the government agreed to include Jammu and Kashmir in the talks along with terrorism, which it had earlier refused to, the venue of a third country obviated Pakistan’s requirement of meeting with the Hurriyat conference.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will visit Islamabad this week, leading the Indian delegation to the ‘Heart of Asia’ donor conference on Afghanistan.
- The meeting of NSAs in Bangkok and Ms. Swaraj’s Islamabad visit are part of the government’s decision to reset the engagement with Pakistan that has suffered after the cancellation of Foreign Secretary talks in 2014 and NSA talks earlier this year
- This will further ensure that the governments meet at four levels: of PM, EAM, NSA and Foreign Secretaries within a span of 10 days.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated First National Tribal Carnival-2016 in New Delhi on 25th Oct The tribal carnival would showcase the capabilities of the tribal communities, in the national capital. The Prime ...READ MORE
The incidents of cross-border firing have shown a sharp decline after the border guarding forces of the two countries decided to “pick up the phone before picking up the gun”, ...READ MORE
Kukkarahalli lake revival inches closer to reality Ecological conservation and rejuvenation of the Kukkarahalli lake – as against its beautification from tourism point of view – is inching towards reality. The district ...READ MORE
SC orders Karnataka to decide Shakadri's plea in 6 weeks The Supreme Court on 27th March directed the Karnataka government to decide within six weeks several representations made by the religious head ...READ MORE
Under Centrally Sponsored UIDSSMT (mission period) scheme, out of the 38 projects sanctioned for the State, 28 projects are completed. The central government has released an amount of Rs.534.97 crore for ...READ MORE
Reforming criminals Judgement was given in a majority judgment of the five-judge Constitution Bench led by Chief Justice of India H.L. Dattu observed in the Rajiv Gandhi killers’ remission case. They noted that ...READ MORE
The political crisis in Uttarakhand and subsequent developments have once again catapulted a number of rather familiar questions onto the political terrain. The formation of three small States in 2000, Chhattisgarh, ...READ MORE
Union Minister of State for Drinking Water and Sanitation Ramesh Jigajinagi on 3rd March expressed unhappiness over the Karnataka government for tardy progress in execution of rural drinking water programme despite ...READ MORE
The Government of Karnataka has allotted 323 acres of land for the formation of Housing Projects for the members of economically weaker Section of the Society 190 Acres of land has been handed ...READ MORE
National Tribal Carnival 2016
DG-level talks with Pak bears fruit
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka State Update – KAS / KPSC Exams
Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme for Small and Medium
SC judgement : Remission of sentences
Have small states realised their goals?
Centre irked by slow progress of rural drinking
Urban Development-Construction of Houses for EWS
ಉಗ್ರರ ಕಾಟ: ಭಾರತಕ್ಕೆ 6ನೇ ಸ್ಥಾನ