- In a surprise development kept secret until their meeting was over, Indian and Pakistani National Security Advisers led delegations for talks in Bangkok
- The discussions covered peace and security, terrorism, Jammu and Kashmir, and other issues, including tranquillity along the LoC.
- There were several reasons for holding the NSA talks away from the public glare in Thailand, and came after both sides agreed to compromise on their previous positions that led to the cancellation of NSA talks in August.
- While the government agreed to include Jammu and Kashmir in the talks along with terrorism, which it had earlier refused to, the venue of a third country obviated Pakistan’s requirement of meeting with the Hurriyat conference.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will visit Islamabad this week, leading the Indian delegation to the ‘Heart of Asia’ donor conference on Afghanistan.
- The meeting of NSAs in Bangkok and Ms. Swaraj’s Islamabad visit are part of the government’s decision to reset the engagement with Pakistan that has suffered after the cancellation of Foreign Secretary talks in 2014 and NSA talks earlier this year
- This will further ensure that the governments meet at four levels: of PM, EAM, NSA and Foreign Secretaries within a span of 10 days.
The incidents of cross-border firing have shown a sharp decline after the border guarding forces of the two countries decided to “pick up the phone before picking up the gun”, ...READ MORE
The number of judges in the High Court of Karnataka has increased to 30, against the sanctioned strength of 62, with the swearing in of five additional judges on Monday. ...READ MORE
ಕಿಶೋರಿ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಯೋಜನೆಯು ಸಬಲಾ ಅನುಷ್ಠಾನಗೊಳ್ಳುತ್ತಿರುವ ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಗಳನ್ನು ಹೊರತುಪಡಿಸಿ ಉಳಿದ 21 ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಗಳ 128 ಸಮಗ್ರ ಶಿಶು ಅಬಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ಯೋಜನೆಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಅನುಷ್ಠಾನಗೊಳಿಸಲಾಗುತ್ತಿದೆ. ಈ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮದಡಿ ಪ್ರತಿ ವರ್ಷ ಐಸಿಡಿಎಸ್ ಯೋಜನೆಯಡಿ 180 ಪ್ರಾಯಪೂರ್ವ ಬಾಲಕಿಯರಿಗೆ 5 ದಿನಗಳ ವಸತಿಯುತ ತರಬೇತಿಯನ್ನು ತಾಲ್ಲೂಕುಮಟ್ಟದ ತರಬೇತುದಾರರಿಂದ ...READ MORE
National Court of Appeal 1. What is a National Court of Appeal? The National Court Appeal with regional benches in Chennai, Mumbai and Kolkata is meant to act as final court of ...READ MORE
Water Programme (NRDWP): In order to meet adequate and safe drinking water supply requirements in rural areas, particularly in areas where coverage is less than 55 lpcd and in those ...READ MORE
The Karnataka Agriculture Prices Commission (KAPC) submitted its much awaited report, prescribing scientifically calculated “cost of cultivation” for 17 major crops. In the report by KAPC, headed by agricultural economist T.N. ...READ MORE
National Judicial Reference System (NJRS) is an electronic repository of cases under the direct taxes category or income tax pending in legal forums like the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT), ...READ MORE
Integrated Farming (IF) is a whole farm management system which aims to deliver more sustainable agriculture. It can be applied to any farming system around the world. It involves attention to ...READ MORE
The four cities from Karnataka selected in the second round of the Smart City initiative have commenced the process of selecting project management consultants to help execute their respective action ...READ MORE
DG-level talks with Pak bears fruit
Karnataka High Court gets five new additional judges
ಕಿಶೋರಿ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಯೋಜನೆ
All you need to know about National Court
Rural Development-National Rural Drinking & Desert Development Programme
KAPC report on cost of cultivation
National Judicial Reference System
Karnataka: Smart Cities – Process on to pick