- In a surprise development kept secret until their meeting was over, Indian and Pakistani National Security Advisers led delegations for talks in Bangkok
- The discussions covered peace and security, terrorism, Jammu and Kashmir, and other issues, including tranquillity along the LoC.
- There were several reasons for holding the NSA talks away from the public glare in Thailand, and came after both sides agreed to compromise on their previous positions that led to the cancellation of NSA talks in August.
- While the government agreed to include Jammu and Kashmir in the talks along with terrorism, which it had earlier refused to, the venue of a third country obviated Pakistan’s requirement of meeting with the Hurriyat conference.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will visit Islamabad this week, leading the Indian delegation to the ‘Heart of Asia’ donor conference on Afghanistan.
- The meeting of NSAs in Bangkok and Ms. Swaraj’s Islamabad visit are part of the government’s decision to reset the engagement with Pakistan that has suffered after the cancellation of Foreign Secretary talks in 2014 and NSA talks earlier this year
- This will further ensure that the governments meet at four levels: of PM, EAM, NSA and Foreign Secretaries within a span of 10 days.
Fifteen primary health centres (PHCs) in six districts of Karnataka are set to get eLAJ smart clinics that will be equipped with multi-parameter monitors that enable multiple diagnostic tests and ...READ MORE
For the first time in its history, the India Meteorological Department — best known for its monsoon forecasts — will issue a summer forecast for April, May and June Those involved ...READ MORE
Introduction Wind power is the conversion of wind energy into a useful form of energy Wind Energy is generated by harnessing the kinetic energy of atmospheric air Wind turbines work by transforming the ...READ MORE
ವಾಷಿಂಗ್ಟನ್ ಮೂಲದ ಆರ್ಥಿಕ ಮತ್ತು ಶಾಂತಿ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ ತಯಾರಿಸಿದ ವರದಿ. 162 ದೇಶಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಅಧ್ಯಯನ ನಡೆಸಿ ವರದಿ ಭಯೋತ್ಪಾದಕರಿಂದ ಅತಿಹೆಚ್ಚು ತೊಂದರೆಗೆ ಒಳಗಾದ ಮೊದಲ 10 ದೇಶಗಳ ಪಟ್ಟಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾರತ ಸೇರಿದೆ. ಈ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ ಸಿದ್ಧಪಡಿಸಿದ ಜಾಗತಿಕ ಭಯೋತ್ಪಾದನಾ ಸೂಚ್ಯಂಕದ ಪ್ರಕಾರ (ಜಿಟಿಐ), ಜಗತ್ತಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಭಯೋತ್ಪಾದಕ ...READ MORE
What in News: Special package for polyhouse farming Agriculture Minister C. Krishna Byregowda has said a special package will be formulated to provide loans at lower rate of interest to construct polyhouses ...READ MORE
State to file revision petition in SC on quashed SC/ST promotions The Cabinet on 17th March decided to file a revision petition challenging the Supreme Court ruling which struck down the consequential ...READ MORE
Chief Minister In the Republic of India, a chief minister is the head of government of each of twenty-nine states and two union territories (Delhi and Puducherry). Chief Minister’s position in state is ...READ MORE
Bengaluru’s very own high-yielding tomato varieties of Arka Rakshak and Arka Samrat have helped their researchers bag a prestigious national award. A team of horticultural scientists from the Hessarghatta-based Indian Institute ...READ MORE
Ministry aims to have a new auction policy for hydrocarbon blocks ready by the end of the current financial year. Marginal field policy In the recently announced marginal field policy, the government ...READ MORE
Primary Health Centres (PHCs) in six districts of
In a first, IMD to bring out summer
ಉಗ್ರರ ಕಾಟ: ಭಾರತಕ್ಕೆ 6ನೇ ಸ್ಥಾನ
Government Programme Made easy: Karnataka Polyhouse farming
18th March 2017 – Today’s Karnataka State Current
Everything you need to know about Chief Ministers
Bengaluru’s tomato varieties get researchers national award
New auction policy for natural gas
Regional Pravasi Bharatiya Divas at Los Angeles