- In a surprise development kept secret until their meeting was over, Indian and Pakistani National Security Advisers led delegations for talks in Bangkok
- The discussions covered peace and security, terrorism, Jammu and Kashmir, and other issues, including tranquillity along the LoC.
- There were several reasons for holding the NSA talks away from the public glare in Thailand, and came after both sides agreed to compromise on their previous positions that led to the cancellation of NSA talks in August.
- While the government agreed to include Jammu and Kashmir in the talks along with terrorism, which it had earlier refused to, the venue of a third country obviated Pakistan’s requirement of meeting with the Hurriyat conference.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will visit Islamabad this week, leading the Indian delegation to the ‘Heart of Asia’ donor conference on Afghanistan.
- The meeting of NSAs in Bangkok and Ms. Swaraj’s Islamabad visit are part of the government’s decision to reset the engagement with Pakistan that has suffered after the cancellation of Foreign Secretary talks in 2014 and NSA talks earlier this year
- This will further ensure that the governments meet at four levels: of PM, EAM, NSA and Foreign Secretaries within a span of 10 days.
150 acres of wetlands that can be preserved identified With advice from a retired professor and Indian Institute of Science researchers, the Karnataka Lake Conservation and Development Authority (KLCDA) has identified ...READ MORE
The Supreme Court on 24th March ordered that the stay granted on ritual ‘Made Snana’ performed by people from Malekudiya community in Dakshina Kannada district and elsewhere would continue till ...READ MORE
The Mission aims at creating economically productive, efficient, equitable and responsive cities. It is being implemented in the cities of Bengaluru and Mysuru in Karnataka with KUIDFC as the Nodal Agency. The ...READ MORE
The IS claims to be more than a militant group, selling itself as a government for the world’s Muslims that provides a range of services in the territory it controls. The ...READ MORE
Here is the link for the PDF format: schedule-for-the-year-2017READ MORE
The Ministry of Urban Development, GOI brought out a National Sanitation Policy in 2008. The vision for urban sanitation in India is set forth thus:“All Indian cities and towns become totally sanitized, healthy and ...READ MORE
The government has declared the National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Khaplang (NSCN-K) a terrorist organisation under the stringent provisions of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967 It is the 39th outfit to enter ...READ MORE
The famed Mysore Dasara also called the Nadahabba (state-festival) of the state is scheduled to be held from October 1 to 11, this year and here is what you should know. Poet Kanavi to ...READ MORE
It is possible to get an image or design of your choice embossed on pearls while they are being formed in the oysters - "Image pearl farming” is all about such ...READ MORE
The Government has a well established strategy and institutional mechanism to effectively deal with terrorist financing and money laundering problem. The Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967(UAPA) and the Prevention of Money ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka: SC stay on ‘Made Snana’ to continue
Urban Development: Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission
Islamic State losing support
KPSC/KAS EXAMINATION SCHEDULE – 2017 (TENTATIVE)
Urban Development-Sanitation (Including Sewerage and Drainage)
Centre declares NSCN(K) terrorist organisation
Mysore Dasara: An insight into the Nadahabba
Image pearl farming
Strategy to deal with Terror Financing and Money