- The 2015 Guidelines issued by the Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) would replace the 2011 Adoption Guidelines.
- These Guidelines are intended to provide for more effective regulation for adoption of orphan, abandoned and surrendered children and would bring more transparency and efficiency in the adoption system.
Salient features of the Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children, 2015:
- Clear and transparent procedure for registration of resident Indians and provision for uploading required documents online.
- PAPs have an option to select an adoption agency of their choice for conducting Home Study Report (HSR) and preferred State also.
- Home study Report of PAPs can be prepared by SARA/DCPU empanelled social worker.
- Seniority of PAPs would be maintained from the date of registration.
- The maximum combined age for married couple has been increased from 105 years to 110 years to encourage adoption of older children.
- Minimum 25 years age gap between the child and adoptive parents has been prescribed.
- More clarity in adoption of special needs children, older children and siblings. Older children and siblings would no more be considered as special needs children.
NRIs and inter country adoption
- All Specialised Adoption Agencies (SAAs) would be authorised to do In-country & Inter-country adoption.
- NRIs would be treated at par with resident Indians in terms of priority regarding referral of a child.
- Greater clarity in the process and documentation for OCI and Foreign PAPs living in India.
- Authorised Foreign Adoption Agency (AFAA) would have a provision of renewal after a period of five years.
- All adoptions (in-country or inter-country) to proceed on CARINGS, adoption outside CARINGS is strictly prohibited.
- Adoption expenses for different category of PAPs prescribed.
- Inter-state adoptions made simpler to boost adoptions within the country; No permission of State Adoption Resource Agency (SARA) is required for domestic adoption from another State.
- With the new guidelines, it would become possible for Prospective Adoptive Parents (PAPs) to track the status of their application making the entire system more user friendly.
- Clear cut timelines for domestic and inter-country adoption have been laid down to ensure early deinstitutionalization of such children
- The completely revamped CARINGS will facilitate the adoption of maximum number of adoptable children and ensure a smoother adoption process by curbing undue delays.
Denmark the least corrupt country, India at 76th position India has climbed nine points to rank 76th in this year’s global corruption index topped by Denmark, with watchdog Transparency International calling ...READ MORE
Children who are left without direct parental care for extended periods of time show larger gray matter volumes in the brain and may also show delay in brain development, according ...READ MORE
Preparation of Master Plans for the orderly development of Cities, Towns and Villages in the State and providing technical assistance to Urban Development Authorities, Planning Authorities and Local Bodies in the ...READ MORE
The Cabinet approved Rs. 2,000 crore for the rehabilitation of Kashmiris who moved to different parts of India in the early 1990s and began to be recognised as migrants. It will ...READ MORE
The first step has been taken towards removal of Karnataka Lokayukta Y. Bhaskar Rao by the Opposition Bharatiya Janata Party and Janata Dal (Secular). They submitted separate petitions to Legislative Assembly ...READ MORE
National Judicial Reference System (NJRS) is an electronic repository of cases under the direct taxes category or income tax pending in legal forums like the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT), ...READ MORE
What Country’s first, indigenous rotavirus vaccine launched The Rotavirus vaccine was developed indigenously, under a public-private partnership between the Ministry of Science Technology and the Health Ministry. Why to combat diarrhoeal deaths. How As given in ...READ MORE
For import of an aircraft following steps were necessary till now For remittance of funds for import of aircraft, the approval of the ministry was mandatory. Scheduled Operators (airlines) and Regional Scheduled ...READ MORE
Why in News: The 17th Summit of the Heads of State and Government of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) was held on 17 and 18 September in Margarita Island, northeast of Venezuela, in ...READ MORE
The Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) for 2015
Lack of parental care affects brain development
Urban Development-Town and Country Planning
Economic package for Kashmiri migrants’ rehabilitation
National Judicial Reference System
India’s rotavirus vaccine launched
Relaxed norms for aircraft import
Explained: NAM “Non Aligned Movement”- Important for IAS/KAS
UN agencies appeal for humanitarian funding