- The 2015 Guidelines issued by the Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) would replace the 2011 Adoption Guidelines.
- These Guidelines are intended to provide for more effective regulation for adoption of orphan, abandoned and surrendered children and would bring more transparency and efficiency in the adoption system.
Salient features of the Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children, 2015:
- Clear and transparent procedure for registration of resident Indians and provision for uploading required documents online.
- PAPs have an option to select an adoption agency of their choice for conducting Home Study Report (HSR) and preferred State also.
- Home study Report of PAPs can be prepared by SARA/DCPU empanelled social worker.
- Seniority of PAPs would be maintained from the date of registration.
- The maximum combined age for married couple has been increased from 105 years to 110 years to encourage adoption of older children.
- Minimum 25 years age gap between the child and adoptive parents has been prescribed.
- More clarity in adoption of special needs children, older children and siblings. Older children and siblings would no more be considered as special needs children.
NRIs and inter country adoption
- All Specialised Adoption Agencies (SAAs) would be authorised to do In-country & Inter-country adoption.
- NRIs would be treated at par with resident Indians in terms of priority regarding referral of a child.
- Greater clarity in the process and documentation for OCI and Foreign PAPs living in India.
- Authorised Foreign Adoption Agency (AFAA) would have a provision of renewal after a period of five years.
- All adoptions (in-country or inter-country) to proceed on CARINGS, adoption outside CARINGS is strictly prohibited.
- Adoption expenses for different category of PAPs prescribed.
- Inter-state adoptions made simpler to boost adoptions within the country; No permission of State Adoption Resource Agency (SARA) is required for domestic adoption from another State.
- With the new guidelines, it would become possible for Prospective Adoptive Parents (PAPs) to track the status of their application making the entire system more user friendly.
- Clear cut timelines for domestic and inter-country adoption have been laid down to ensure early deinstitutionalization of such children
- The completely revamped CARINGS will facilitate the adoption of maximum number of adoptable children and ensure a smoother adoption process by curbing undue delays.
ಹೆಣ್ಣುಮಕ್ಕಳ ಸುರಕ್ಷತೆ ಹಾಗೂ ಭವಿಷ್ಯದ ದೃಷ್ಟಿಯಿಂದ ರೂಪಿಸಲಾಗಿರುವ ಯೋಜನೆ. ‘ಬೇಟಿ ಬಚಾವೋ, ಬೇಟಿ ಪಢಾವೋ’ ಯೋಜನೆಯ ಒಂದು ಭಾಗ. ಸ್ಮಾಲ್ ಸೇವಿಂಗ್ ಸ್ಕೀಮ್. ಹತ್ತು ವರ್ಷ ವಯಸ್ಸಿನ ಮಿತಿ ದಾಟದ ಬಾಲಕಿಯರಿಗೆ ಈ ಯೋಜನೆ ಅನ್ವಯವಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಬಾಲಕಿಯ ಹೆಸರಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಆಕೆಯ ಪಾಲಕರು , ಲೀಗಲ್ ಗಾರ್ಡಿಯನ್ಈ ಖಾತೆ ...READ MORE
Karnataka Govt planning to hike quota ceiling to 72% Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on 26th March said that his government was exploring the possibility of increasing the reservation ceiling in education and employment ...READ MORE
The Supreme Court expressed alarm at the apparent lack of concern shown by the government’s delay in filing a response to a PIL petition against the practice of dedicating girls ...READ MORE
Researchers have identified a brain region that links anxious temperament to low social status. In the study, researchers performed a series of experiments on rats to identify the brain areas involved ...READ MORE
Govt to ensure private firms enforce retirement age rule The labour department will conduct inspections to ensure that employers implement the state government’s decision to enhance the retirement age of employees ...READ MORE
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme has been in operation in all the districts of Karnataka State since 2006-07 which is being implemented in a phased manner. The primary ...READ MORE
Faced with acute water shortage, particularly during the summer months, Bengaluru is struggling hard to cope . If this is the scenario now, how scary will it be in 2031? ...READ MORE
The twin cities of Hubballi-Dharwad will host the State Level Olympics Games from February 3 to 10 and 275 gold, silver and bronze medals each would be awarded in as ...READ MORE
Urban Development Department is responsible for all matters relating to urban areas in the State. Urbanization gives rise to various issues like (i) urban poverty and Slum Improvement (ii) increased pressure on basic services/civic amenities of housing, ...READ MORE
Karnataka – State Update- KAS / KPSC Exams
Devadasis practice in Karnataka
Anxiety is related to social status
Karnataka State Updates for KAS/KPSC Exams – 26th
Rural Development- Rural Employment and Livelihood-
Bengaluru’s water needs in 2031: Master Plan paints
Karnataka: Hubballi-Dharwad to host State Olympics Games from
Panel for permitting sand extraction in karnataka