- Seven years after the State Department was restructured to ‘de-hyphenate’ U.S. relations with India and with Pakistan, it is considering a reversal of the move.
- De-hyphenating refers to a policy started by the U.S. government under President Bush, but sealed by the Obama administration, of dealing with India and Pakistan in different silos, without referring to their bilateral relations.
- It enabled the U.S. to build closer military and strategic ties with India without factoring in the reaction from Pakistan, and to continue its own strategy in Afghanistan with the help of the Pakistan military without referring back to India.
- A proposal to re-merge the office of the Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan (SRAP) back with the Bureau of South and Central Asia (SCA) that handles India, the rest of the subcontinent and Central Asian republics is under “active” consideration
- The re-merger proposal is ostensibly timed with the international troops pullout from Afghanistan.
- The de-hyphenation policy of the U.S. was crystallised when the SRAP was set up in 2009 soon after President Barack Obama had taken over, with the appointment of Richard Holbrooke.
- At the time, Mr. Holbrooke had hoped to include India in his mandate, and even to discuss the resolution of Kashmir as a means to extract greater cooperation from Pakistan. India had strongly opposed the move.
∗ Gene theft or DNA theft is the act of acquiring the genetic material of another human being, often from a public place, without his or her permission. ∗ The DNA ...READ MORE
The State government’s delay in taking a decision on restoring the ‘conservation reserve tag’ for Kappatagudda in Gadag district has resulted in the ‘Save Kappatagudda’ campaign gaining momentum. Gadag’s Gandhi Circle ...READ MORE
As a New Year gift, the state government has decided to promote 11,000 police personnel. At a review meeting held on Wednesday, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said this is the first time ...READ MORE
Ganga Task Force deployed Ganga Gram Yojana launched As a major initiative towards fast track implementation of Namami Gange Programme the first company of Ganga Task force Battalion was deployed at ...READ MORE
In an attempt to overcome severe power shortage faced by the state and to save power, Chief minister launched an ambitious programme of the Energy department called 'Hosa Belaku - ...READ MORE
What is the scheme - Income declaration scheme How - Who is eligible - Who is not eligible Issue What is the scheme - Income declaration scheme A limited-period Compliance Window to declare undisclosed income or ...READ MORE
What does it say Its is set to roll out on January 1, 2016. As per the formula, vehicles with registration number ending with an odd number will be allowed on odd-number ...READ MORE
Towards restorative criminal justice Purpose for which crminal justice was set up : securing life and property. Issues with the way criminal justice is designed and administered today No deterrance- because of the ...READ MORE
ಹೆಣ್ಣುಮಕ್ಕಳ ಸುರಕ್ಷತೆ ಹಾಗೂ ಭವಿಷ್ಯದ ದೃಷ್ಟಿಯಿಂದ ರೂಪಿಸಲಾಗಿರುವ ಯೋಜನೆ. ‘ಬೇಟಿ ಬಚಾವೋ, ಬೇಟಿ ಪಢಾವೋ’ ಯೋಜನೆಯ ಒಂದು ಭಾಗ. ಸ್ಮಾಲ್ ಸೇವಿಂಗ್ ಸ್ಕೀಮ್. ಹತ್ತು ವರ್ಷ ವಯಸ್ಸಿನ ಮಿತಿ ದಾಟದ ಬಾಲಕಿಯರಿಗೆ ಈ ಯೋಜನೆ ಅನ್ವಯವಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಬಾಲಕಿಯ ಹೆಸರಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಆಕೆಯ ಪಾಲಕರು , ಲೀಗಲ್ ಗಾರ್ಡಿಯನ್ಈ ಖಾತೆ ...READ MORE
Karnataka Agri Business and Food Processing Policy 2015 is aimed at positioning Karnataka in a sustained growth path in the field of agricultural and allied sectors through global technologies and innovative ...READ MORE
‘Save Kappatagudda’ campaign begins today
Karnataka: Biggest Ever Promotion Move, 11,000 Police Personnel
Implementation Of Namami Gange programme
New scheme to tackle black money menace- Income
Delhi odd-even formula
Towards restorative criminal justice
Karnataka Agri Business and Food Processing Policy 2015