- Seven years after the State Department was restructured to ‘de-hyphenate’ U.S. relations with India and with Pakistan, it is considering a reversal of the move.
- De-hyphenating refers to a policy started by the U.S. government under President Bush, but sealed by the Obama administration, of dealing with India and Pakistan in different silos, without referring to their bilateral relations.
- It enabled the U.S. to build closer military and strategic ties with India without factoring in the reaction from Pakistan, and to continue its own strategy in Afghanistan with the help of the Pakistan military without referring back to India.
- A proposal to re-merge the office of the Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan (SRAP) back with the Bureau of South and Central Asia (SCA) that handles India, the rest of the subcontinent and Central Asian republics is under “active” consideration
- The re-merger proposal is ostensibly timed with the international troops pullout from Afghanistan.
- The de-hyphenation policy of the U.S. was crystallised when the SRAP was set up in 2009 soon after President Barack Obama had taken over, with the appointment of Richard Holbrooke.
- At the time, Mr. Holbrooke had hoped to include India in his mandate, and even to discuss the resolution of Kashmir as a means to extract greater cooperation from Pakistan. India had strongly opposed the move.
The officials of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Tuesday met the state government officials and urged them to speed up the process of making farmers register on M-Kisan portal. Union ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Cogeneration is the use of a heat engine or a power station to simultaneously generate both electricity and useful heat. ∗ Co-generation is defined as the combined generation of electric ...READ MORE
The new simplified “Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015” notified by the Central Government on 17th July 2015 became operational form August 2015. Along with it, the fully revamped IT application ...READ MORE
Integrated Farming (IF) is a whole farm management system which aims to deliver more sustainable agriculture. It can be applied to any farming system around the world. It involves attention to ...READ MORE
ರೈತರ ಕೃಷಿ ಉತ್ಪನ್ನಗಳನ್ನು ಪಟ್ಟಣದ ಮಾರುಕಟ್ಟೆಗೆ ಸುರಕ್ಷಿತವಾಗಿ ಸಾಗಿಸುವುದಕ್ಕೆ ಮತ್ತು ಗ್ರಾಮೀಣ ಪ್ರದೇಶದ ಜನರಿಗೂ ಉತ್ತಮ ಸಂಪರ್ಕ ರಸ್ತೆ ಅನುಕೂಲ ಕಲ್ಪಿಸುವ ಯೋಜನೆ. ರಸ್ತೆ ನಿರ್ಮಾಣಗೊಂಡ ನಂತರದ ಐದು ವರ್ಷಗಳವರೆಗೆ ಗುತ್ತಿಗೆದಾರರೇ ನಿರ್ವಹಣೆ ಮಾಡಬೇಕು, ಆರನೇ ವರ್ಷ ಮತ್ತೆ ಮರುಡಾಂಬರಿಕರಣಗೊಳಿಸಿ ಸರ್ಕಾರಕ್ಕೆ ಹಸ್ತಾಂತರಿಸುವುದು ಯೋಜನೆಯಲ್ಲಿರುವ ...READ MORE
The Industrial Policy of the state aims at industrialization in backward regions and also development of industrial corridors and identifying potential locations to set up industries. In this context, it is ...READ MORE
The State government’s delay in taking a decision on restoring the ‘conservation reserve tag’ for Kappatagudda in Gadag district has resulted in the ‘Save Kappatagudda’ campaign gaining momentum. Gadag’s Gandhi Circle ...READ MORE
For import of an aircraft following steps were necessary till now For remittance of funds for import of aircraft, the approval of the ministry was mandatory. Scheduled Operators (airlines) and Regional Scheduled ...READ MORE
Experts warn of ecological damage, oppose expansion of Tadadi port Marine experts and faculty of the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) have urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi not to grant environmental ...READ MORE
IMD urges govt to encourage farmers to register
‘ನಮ್ಮ ಗ್ರಾಮ ನಮ್ಮ ರಸ್ತೆ’
Urban Development – Regional Development
‘Save Kappatagudda’ campaign begins today
Relaxed norms for aircraft import
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Mysore Dasara: An insight into the Nadahabba