- Government plans to set up 2,000 waterports as well as “Ro-Ro” services at 5 select places to transport goods and vehicles
- Besides, there is a plan to develop 1,300 islands and 280 light houses as major attractions for tourists
- Government is also constructing waterways on a 1,620 kilometer stretch on the Ganga between Varanasi and Haldia and 30 water ports would be constructed there.
- Varanasi, Haldia and Sahibganj will be developed as multi-modal hubs with roadways, waterways and railways.
- Government will soon start Ro-Ro (Roll-on Roll-off) service at five places including Haldia, Patna, Varanasi and Sahibganj with the World Bank assistance. Once they are operational, trucks could be transported till the points leading to huge savings which in turn would boost economy
- Cargo transportation through river could bring the charges down to as low as 10 paise a km in comparison to Rs 1.5 per km for transportation through road and Rupee one through waterways.
- Government had initiated river traffic control system from Haldia to Farakka and the system will be introduced in next six months from Farakka to Patna and thereafter from Patna to Varanasi.
Satellite-based navigation system In News: The GPS-Aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) system, which will offer seamless navigation to the aviation industry, was recently launched by the Civil Aviation Minister. GAGAN was develped ...READ MORE
PSLV-C35 places SCATSAT-1, seven other satellites in orbit Isro’s PSLV-C35 places SCATSAT-1, seven other satellites in orbit in longest ever launch mission It is for the first time that satellites were placed ...READ MORE
Aviation MRO in the country is currently worth $ 700 million and is set to reach $ 2 billion by 2020 Maintenance, repair and operations(MRO) involves fixing any sort of mechanical, ...READ MORE
The Union Cabinet has given its approval to a new scheme moved by the Ministry of Power - Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojna or UDAY. UDAY provides for the financial turnaround and ...READ MORE
Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu unveiled a list of 98 cities with Uttar Pradesh taking the largest share of developing 13 smart cities followed by Tamil Nadu, which qualified to ...READ MORE
Karnataka will depict various stages of coffee-making, from plucking of beans to making of filter coffee, in a captivating tableau during the Republic Day parade From women plucking coffee beans to ...READ MORE
Parts produced by some commercial 3D printers may be toxic, according to a new study This raises concerns about how to dispose off parts and waste materials from the devices which ...READ MORE
The Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change has notified the revised standards for coal-based Thermal Power Plants in the country, with the primary aim of minimising pollution. These standards are ...READ MORE
Indian badminton ace Saina Nehwal notched up her first title after a career-threatening injury by claiming the Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Goldwith a hard-fought victory in the summit clash on ...READ MORE
GPS-Aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) system
PSLV-C35 places SCATSAT-1, seven other satellites in orbit
Maintenance, repair and operations(MRO) industry
Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojna or UDAY.
Centre unveils list of 98 smart cities
Kodagu: The Coffee Land of Karnataka- To be
Stricter Standards for Coal Based Thermal Power Plants
Sports: Saina Nehwal Lifts Malaysia Masters Grand Prix
Special Agricultural Zone (SAZ)