- Government plans to set up 2,000 waterports as well as “Ro-Ro” services at 5 select places to transport goods and vehicles
- Besides, there is a plan to develop 1,300 islands and 280 light houses as major attractions for tourists
- Government is also constructing waterways on a 1,620 kilometer stretch on the Ganga between Varanasi and Haldia and 30 water ports would be constructed there.
- Varanasi, Haldia and Sahibganj will be developed as multi-modal hubs with roadways, waterways and railways.
- Government will soon start Ro-Ro (Roll-on Roll-off) service at five places including Haldia, Patna, Varanasi and Sahibganj with the World Bank assistance. Once they are operational, trucks could be transported till the points leading to huge savings which in turn would boost economy
- Cargo transportation through river could bring the charges down to as low as 10 paise a km in comparison to Rs 1.5 per km for transportation through road and Rupee one through waterways.
- Government had initiated river traffic control system from Haldia to Farakka and the system will be introduced in next six months from Farakka to Patna and thereafter from Patna to Varanasi.
Dear Aspirants, NammaKPSC has released February 2018 Mahithi Monthly current affairs magazine. Mahithi Monthly Magazine is the Best Current affairs Magazine for all civil services competitive examinations. It is the only magazine that ...READ MORE
National Judicial Reference System (NJRS) is an electronic repository of cases under the direct taxes category or income tax pending in legal forums like the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT), ...READ MORE
ISA has been envisioned as a specialized platform and will contribute towards the common goal of increasing utilization and promotion of solar energy and solar applications in its member countries. The ...READ MORE
62,381 more voters on Mysuru’s revised electoral list As many as 62,381 voters have been included in Mysuru district in the special summary revision of voters held till February 28. D. Randeep, ...READ MORE
Social Progress Index (SPI) Concept of GDP In the early 1930s a need was felt to capture all economic transactions by individuals, companies, and the government in a single measure. It was ...READ MORE
What is this RLV-TD? Reusable Launch Vehicle-Technology Demonstration Program or RLV-TD is a series of technology demonstration missions that have been considered as a first step towards realizing a Two Stage ...READ MORE
ಚೀನಾ ಗಡಿಯ ಸೈನಿಕರಿಗೂ ಪೂರ್ಣ ಪಿಂಚಣಿ ಭಾರತ–ಚೀನಾ ವಿವಾದಿತ ಗಡಿ ಪ್ರದೇಶದಲ್ಲಿ ಕರ್ತವ್ಯ ನಿರ್ವಹಿಸುವ ವೇಳೆ ಮೃತಪಟ್ಟ ಅಥವಾ ಗಾಯಗೊಂಡ ಸೈನಿಕರ ಕುಟುಂಬಗಳಿಗೆ ಪೂರ್ತಿ ಪಿಂಚಣಿ ನೀಡಲು ರಕ್ಷಣಾ ಇಲಾಖೆ ನಿರ್ಧರಿಸಿದೆ. ಕಳೆದ ವಾರ ಮಾಜಿ ಸೈನಿಕರ ಕಲ್ಯಾಣ ಇಲಾಖೆಯು 3,488 ಕಿಲೋ ಮೀಟರ್ ...READ MORE
The Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015 was passed by the Parliament recently The provisions of the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Act, 2015 shall be deemed to have come into force on the ...READ MORE
MeitY launches internship scheme for Tech students In an effort to enhance skills of the youngsters, Ministry of Electronics and Information technology (MeitY) on Wednesday has launched ‘Digital India Internship Scheme’ ...READ MORE
February 2018 Mahithi Monthly Current affairs Magazine
National Judicial Reference System
International solar alliance – All you need to
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 5th
Social Progress Index (SPI)
REUSABLE LAUNCH VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATOR PROGRAM (RLV –
10th ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015 notified
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 10th
TEST SERIES SCHEDULE