- Government plans to set up 2,000 waterports as well as “Ro-Ro” services at 5 select places to transport goods and vehicles
- Besides, there is a plan to develop 1,300 islands and 280 light houses as major attractions for tourists
- Government is also constructing waterways on a 1,620 kilometer stretch on the Ganga between Varanasi and Haldia and 30 water ports would be constructed there.
- Varanasi, Haldia and Sahibganj will be developed as multi-modal hubs with roadways, waterways and railways.
- Government will soon start Ro-Ro (Roll-on Roll-off) service at five places including Haldia, Patna, Varanasi and Sahibganj with the World Bank assistance. Once they are operational, trucks could be transported till the points leading to huge savings which in turn would boost economy
- Cargo transportation through river could bring the charges down to as low as 10 paise a km in comparison to Rs 1.5 per km for transportation through road and Rupee one through waterways.
- Government had initiated river traffic control system from Haldia to Farakka and the system will be introduced in next six months from Farakka to Patna and thereafter from Patna to Varanasi.
The Central Data Centre, Army Cloud and Digi-Locker were launched as a part of the Digital Army programme The facility under the Army Cloud includes a Central Data Centre, a Near ...READ MORE
The government is looking to leverage its Common Services Centres (CSCs) to enable easy access to banking services, particularly in rural areas. The withdrawal facility has already been introduced at the ...READ MORE
Why Kirishi Bhagya In India, it is estimated that about 6, 000 million tons of top soil are lost annually along with valuable plant nutrients. This along with inappropriate nutrient management practices ...READ MORE
India specific India is among top 10 FDI recipients India jumped to the ninth rank in 2014 with a 22 per cent rise in FDI inflows to $34 billion. India was at ...READ MORE
Dear Aspirants, NammaKPSC has released February 2018 Mahithi Monthly current affairs magazine. Mahithi Monthly Magazine is the Best Current affairs Magazine for all civil services competitive examinations. It is the only magazine that ...READ MORE
'Year of Wild' campaign brings profit to tourism dept By promoting Karnataka as a tourism-friendly destination under the theme of 'Year of the Wild', in 2017- 18, the state has seen ...READ MORE
State govt. tells HC it has powers to recognise a community as minority The State government on 15th March claimed it has the powers, not only to consider the demand for ...READ MORE
Register Here: http://nammakpsc.com/wp/sunday-manthan/ Time: 2PM to 5PM VENUE: BANGALORE SCHOOL OF CIVIL SERVICES, NEAR HEBBAL POLICE STATION, HEBBAL, BANGALORE. CONTACT: 9886151564/42103963READ MORE
Indian space agency ISRO is aiming for a world record by putting into orbit 83 satellites two Indian and 81 foreign on a single rocket in early 2017. The company’s order ...READ MORE
Digital Army programme
Govt. to tap CSCs for rural banking access
NammaKPSC ClassRoom: What and Why Kirishi Bhagya
World Investment Report 2015 – UNCTAD
1-03-2018 CURRENT AFFAIRS
February 2018 Mahithi Monthly Current affairs Magazine
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 4th April
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 17th
Free Current Affairs Class
ISRO Eyes World Record With Launch Of 83