- Government plans to set up 2,000 waterports as well as “Ro-Ro” services at 5 select places to transport goods and vehicles
- Besides, there is a plan to develop 1,300 islands and 280 light houses as major attractions for tourists
- Government is also constructing waterways on a 1,620 kilometer stretch on the Ganga between Varanasi and Haldia and 30 water ports would be constructed there.
- Varanasi, Haldia and Sahibganj will be developed as multi-modal hubs with roadways, waterways and railways.
- Government will soon start Ro-Ro (Roll-on Roll-off) service at five places including Haldia, Patna, Varanasi and Sahibganj with the World Bank assistance. Once they are operational, trucks could be transported till the points leading to huge savings which in turn would boost economy
- Cargo transportation through river could bring the charges down to as low as 10 paise a km in comparison to Rs 1.5 per km for transportation through road and Rupee one through waterways.
- Government had initiated river traffic control system from Haldia to Farakka and the system will be introduced in next six months from Farakka to Patna and thereafter from Patna to Varanasi.
The State Cabinet gave its nod for incorporating several changes in the panchayat raj legislation Amendments are based on the recommendations made by a committee headed by former speaker K R Ramesh Kumar. The ...READ MORE
State reaches 8-lakh mark in LED bulb sales As the number of LED bulbs sold in the country under the Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) touched the 5-crore mark, Karnataka stood ...READ MORE
Criminalise marital rape: UNDP chief Recently Minister for Women and Child Welfare Maneka Gandhi submitted in Parliament that the government wouldn’t criminalise “marital rape,”. She said that the “concept of marital rape, as ...READ MORE
Historically, the armed forces employed women only as doctors or nurses, and started allowing them to serve as short service commission officers in the 1990s. The Indian military has refused women ...READ MORE
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Thursday announced that Dharamsala town in Kangra district will be the second state capital. Singh said the city fully deserved the status because of ...READ MORE
RNTCP or the Revised National Tuberculosis Control Program is the state-run tuberculosis control initiative of the Government of India. It incorporates the principles of directly observed treatment-shortcourse (DOTS), the global TB ...READ MORE
Hearty Congratulations to all those who have cleared Gazetted Probationary Mains exam. The final stage (Personality Test/Interview) will carry 200 Marks and team NammaKPSC is here to help you and ...READ MORE
What is this RLV-TD? Reusable Launch Vehicle-Technology Demonstration Program or RLV-TD is a series of technology demonstration missions that have been considered as a first step towards realizing a Two Stage ...READ MORE
Gram Swaraj Panchayat Raj bill, 2015
Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) and Hosa Belaku
Marital rape – Need to be criminalised?
Women in the armed forces
Dharamsala Declared Second Capital Of Himachal Pradesh
TB treatment programme – Issues
REUSABLE LAUNCH VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATOR PROGRAM (RLV –
India- Japan Sign Landmark Nuclear Energy Deal