- Government plans to set up 2,000 waterports as well as “Ro-Ro” services at 5 select places to transport goods and vehicles
- Besides, there is a plan to develop 1,300 islands and 280 light houses as major attractions for tourists
- Government is also constructing waterways on a 1,620 kilometer stretch on the Ganga between Varanasi and Haldia and 30 water ports would be constructed there.
- Varanasi, Haldia and Sahibganj will be developed as multi-modal hubs with roadways, waterways and railways.
- Government will soon start Ro-Ro (Roll-on Roll-off) service at five places including Haldia, Patna, Varanasi and Sahibganj with the World Bank assistance. Once they are operational, trucks could be transported till the points leading to huge savings which in turn would boost economy
- Cargo transportation through river could bring the charges down to as low as 10 paise a km in comparison to Rs 1.5 per km for transportation through road and Rupee one through waterways.
- Government had initiated river traffic control system from Haldia to Farakka and the system will be introduced in next six months from Farakka to Patna and thereafter from Patna to Varanasi.
The Central Government notified ‘Mid Day Meal Rules, 2015’ on September 30th, 2015. The National Food Security Act, 2013 (NFSA, 2013) contains provisions related to welfare schemes including Mid Day Meal ...READ MORE
A worrying re-emergence of diphtheria in Malappuram district of kerala, is putting at risk considerable swathes of its population. Atleast two children died of Diphtheria this year. Over a dozen Malappuram ...READ MORE
Amazon India, Flipkart and their rivals could soon face tax complications with Karnataka proposing a 1 per cent levy on payments by buyers to sellers on ecommerce sites, a move ...READ MORE
Greetings Aspirants, Karnataka Economic Survey is one of the most important material to be read for KPSC prelims and Mains Examinations. Here is a written abridged version of the Karnataka Economic ...READ MORE
Four-day World Congress on Disaster Management concluded on Sunday with the unanimous adoption of ‘Visakhapatnam Declaration’ calling for a comprehensive action plan for a disaster-resilient society The declaration was drafted after ...READ MORE
Indian badminton ace Saina Nehwal notched up her first title after a career-threatening injury by claiming the Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Goldwith a hard-fought victory in the summit clash on ...READ MORE
In a significant victory, a young Indian lawyer won a hotly-contested election in the UN General Assembly for membership to the world body’s top body of legal experts, garnering the ...READ MORE
The United States Department of Defense (Pentagon) delivered to the defence ministry a Letter of Acceptance (LoA), agreeing to supply 145 M777 ultra lightweight howitzers to India. The LoA spells ...READ MORE
India launched its first dedicated multi-wavelength space observatory Astrosat into space, besides six satellites for Canada, Indonesia and the United States. This is the first time ISRO is launching satellites for ...READ MORE
To boost electronic manufacturing in the country, the Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved incentives to the tune of Rs 10,000 crore for investors by amending the Modified Special Incentive Package ...READ MORE
Mid-Day Meal Rules, 2015
After Diphtheria Deaths, Kerala Launches Vaccination Drive
New tax tangle for e-commerce firms: Karnataka proposes
DOWNLOAD KARNATAKA ECONOMIC SURVEY 2016-17 WRITTEN NOTES
Sports: Saina Nehwal Lifts Malaysia Masters Grand Prix
Indian Lawyer Aniruddha Rajput Elected To UN’s International
BAE Systems picks Mahindra as partner for artillery
Cabinet approves amendment in Modified Special Incentive Package