- Government plans to set up 2,000 waterports as well as “Ro-Ro” services at 5 select places to transport goods and vehicles
- Besides, there is a plan to develop 1,300 islands and 280 light houses as major attractions for tourists
- Government is also constructing waterways on a 1,620 kilometer stretch on the Ganga between Varanasi and Haldia and 30 water ports would be constructed there.
- Varanasi, Haldia and Sahibganj will be developed as multi-modal hubs with roadways, waterways and railways.
- Government will soon start Ro-Ro (Roll-on Roll-off) service at five places including Haldia, Patna, Varanasi and Sahibganj with the World Bank assistance. Once they are operational, trucks could be transported till the points leading to huge savings which in turn would boost economy
- Cargo transportation through river could bring the charges down to as low as 10 paise a km in comparison to Rs 1.5 per km for transportation through road and Rupee one through waterways.
- Government had initiated river traffic control system from Haldia to Farakka and the system will be introduced in next six months from Farakka to Patna and thereafter from Patna to Varanasi.
Tejas to replace MiG as key fighter Indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas would be the mainstay of the Indian Air Force and would likely replace the entire MIG-21 fleet ...READ MORE
The Supreme Court has upheld a colonial and pre-Constitutional law criminalising defamation. The challenge to the validity of Section 499 and 500 of the IPC was undoubtedly the biggest free speech issue to ...READ MORE
Homeless rural residents of Karnataka will now get additional funds to build their houses In a first for the country, the State government has decided to dovetail funds meant for subsidised ...READ MORE
Indian Railways has initiated a comprehensive proposal in collaboration with The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to revamp Mumbai’s Bandra Sub-Urban Station Under an agreement between Indian Railways ...READ MORE
"A King Cobra has been run over by a vehicle on Castle Rock Main Road passing through the Castle Rock Wildlife Range of Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve." Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve is the fourth ...READ MORE
Amazon India, Flipkart and their rivals could soon face tax complications with Karnataka proposing a 1 per cent levy on payments by buyers to sellers on ecommerce sites, a move ...READ MORE
What is apprenticeship? An apprenticeship is a system of training a new generation of practitioners of a trade or profession with on-the-job training and often some accompanying study (classroom work and ...READ MORE
The Cabinet approved the National Mineral Exploration Policy setting the stage for auctioning exploration permits to private sector players on a revenue-sharing basis starting with 100 identified mineral blocks over ...READ MORE
The Union Health Ministry took the decision on Friday as part of reforms to the handling of blood units in the country. In a major modification to the National Blood ...READ MORE
Dear Aspirants, Team NammaKPSC is proud to present Indian Economy for Civil Services examinations. This is a comprehensive resource on Indian economy prepared exclusively for civil services examinations. It is ...READ MORE
Tejas to replace MiG as key fighter
SC upholds law on criminal defamation
Rural poor in state get MNREGA support to
Bandra Station- Queen of suburbs
New tax tangle for e-commerce firms: Karnataka proposes
National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme
New National Mineral Exploration Policy
National blood policy
Download Indian Economy by Dr Arjun Bopanna (2nd