- is indigenously designed and developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation
- It is Part of the Agni series of missiles, one of the missile systems under the original Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme
- Range: 5,500–5,800 km. It will allow India to strike targets across Asia and into Europe
- It is a 3 stage solid fuelled missile with composite motor casing in the second and third stage.
- It carries Multiple Independently Targetable Re-entry Vehicles (MIRV) payloads. A single MIRV equipped missile can deliver multiple warheads at different targets.
- Incorporated with advanced technologies involving ring laser gyroscope and accelerometer for navigation and guidance.
- First successfully test-fired by DRDO from Wheeler Island off the coast of Orissa on April 19, 2012.
- Recently Canister-based Agni-V missile was successfully test-fired
- This was the third successful flight test of the Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) and the first canister trial.
- Implication: A canister-launch system of Agni-V missile will give the forces the requisite operational flexibility. With this system, ballistic missile can be transported and can launched from any place. With this, India joined an “elite nuclear club” that also included China, Russia, France, the US, the UK and possibly Israel
The Karnataka state has seen 144 acid attack victims since 2003-04. A large number have lost (some partially) their sight and are badly scarred. A majority of the victims are ...READ MORE
ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ಯೋಜನೆ ಕನರ್ಾಟಕ ರಾಜ್ಯದಲ್ಲಿ ಸಮಗ್ರ ಶಿಶು ಅಬಿವೃದ್ದಿ ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು ಪ್ರಾಯೋಗಿಕವಾಗಿ 2ನೇ ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ 1975 ರಂದು ಮೈಸೂರು ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಯ, ಟಿ. ನರಸೀಪುರ ತಾಲ್ಲೂಕಿನಲ್ಲಿ 100 ಅಂಗನವಾಡಿ ಕೇಂದ್ರಗಳೊಂದಿಗೆ ಪ್ರಾರಂಬಿಸಲಾಯಿತು. ಈಗ ರಾಜ್ಯದ ಎಲ್ಲಾ ಕತಾಲ್ಲೂಕುಗಳಿಗೆ ವಿಸ್ತರಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಗಬರ್ಿಣಿ, ಬಾಣಂತಿ, ಕಿಶೋರಿಯರು ಮತ್ತು ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ It is a NUCLEAR BIRTH CONTROL technique developed by International Atomic Energy Agency [IAEA] Purpose ∗ In Africa and Eastern Europe, Tsetse flies [fruit flies] cause harmful damage to citrus fruits ...READ MORE
Physics of neutrinos Like the familiar photon and the electron, the neutrino is one of the known fundamental particles of nature. It is believed that a majority of the neutrinos in the ...READ MORE
PSLV-C31 successfully put into orbit IRNSS-1E, the fifth satellite of the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) after its succesful launch from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), SHAR, Sriharikota PSLV-C31 ...READ MORE
Dear Aspirants, NammaKPSC has released December 2017 Mahithi Monthly current affairs magazine. Mahithi Monthly Magazine is the Best Current affairs Magazine for all civil services competitive examinations. It is the only magazine ...READ MORE
NammaKPSC academy conducts following offline classes: For UPSC and KPSC examinations 1. GS prelims: 7 months class programme by subject experts and previous toppers. Complete Printed materials Digital class rooms Printed monthly ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Geothermal energy is thermal energy generated and stored in the Earth. Thermal energy is the energy that determines the temperature of matter. ∗ The Geothermal energy of the Earth's crust ...READ MORE
PSLV-C35 places SCATSAT-1, seven other satellites in orbit Isro’s PSLV-C35 places SCATSAT-1, seven other satellites in orbit in longest ever launch mission It is for the first time that satellites were placed ...READ MORE
Daily KPSC interview discussion
Welfare of acid attack victims
ಸಮಗ್ರ ಶಿಶು ಅಬಿವೃದ್ದಿ ಯೋಜನೆ
STERILE INSECT TECHNOLOGY
India-based Neutrino Observatory (INO)
PSLV-C31 launches IRNSS-1E
December Mahithi Monthly 2017 current affairs
2019-20 Integrated Offline Programme
PSLV-C35 places SCATSAT-1, seven other satellites in orbit