- is indigenously designed and developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation
- It is Part of the Agni series of missiles, one of the missile systems under the original Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme
- Range: 5,500–5,800 km. It will allow India to strike targets across Asia and into Europe
- It is a 3 stage solid fuelled missile with composite motor casing in the second and third stage.
- It carries Multiple Independently Targetable Re-entry Vehicles (MIRV) payloads. A single MIRV equipped missile can deliver multiple warheads at different targets.
- Incorporated with advanced technologies involving ring laser gyroscope and accelerometer for navigation and guidance.
- First successfully test-fired by DRDO from Wheeler Island off the coast of Orissa on April 19, 2012.
- Recently Canister-based Agni-V missile was successfully test-fired
- This was the third successful flight test of the Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) and the first canister trial.
- Implication: A canister-launch system of Agni-V missile will give the forces the requisite operational flexibility. With this system, ballistic missile can be transported and can launched from any place. With this, India joined an “elite nuclear club” that also included China, Russia, France, the US, the UK and possibly Israel
∗ Gene theft or DNA theft is the act of acquiring the genetic material of another human being, often from a public place, without his or her permission. ∗ The DNA ...READ MORE
Parts produced by some commercial 3D printers may be toxic, according to a new study This raises concerns about how to dispose off parts and waste materials from the devices which ...READ MORE
Travel time between Bengaluru and Mysuru could be reduced to 90 minutes in the near future if trials with a high speed, tilting train manufactured by Spanish manufacturer Talgo conducted ...READ MORE
The Cabinet approved Rs. 2,000 crore for the rehabilitation of Kashmiris who moved to different parts of India in the early 1990s and began to be recognised as migrants. It will ...READ MORE
DOWNLOAD AUGUST 2016 CURRENT AFFAIRS MAGAZINE CLICK HERE Best Current affairs Magazine for all civil services competitive examinations. It is the only magazine that covers National issues, international issues and Karnataka issues ...READ MORE
Why in News: The first Sewage Treatment Plant using latest technology called the Sequential Batch Reactor Technology has been commissioned by the Karnataka Urban Water Supply and Drainage Board at Malur ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ It is a NUCLEAR BIRTH CONTROL technique developed by International Atomic Energy Agency [IAEA] Purpose ∗ In Africa and Eastern Europe, Tsetse flies [fruit flies] cause harmful damage to citrus fruits ...READ MORE
What is this RLV-TD? Reusable Launch Vehicle-Technology Demonstration Program or RLV-TD is a series of technology demonstration missions that have been considered as a first step towards realizing a Two Stage ...READ MORE
Introduction Wind power is the conversion of wind energy into a useful form of energy Wind Energy is generated by harnessing the kinetic energy of atmospheric air Wind turbines work by transforming the ...READ MORE
Talgo tilting train- between Mysore Bangalore
Economic package for Kashmiri migrants’ rehabilitation
AUGUST MAHITHI MONTHLY CURRENT AFFAIRS MAGAZINE FOR KAS
Sewage Treatment Plant in Kolar District
STERILE INSECT TECHNOLOGY
REUSABLE LAUNCH VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATOR PROGRAM (RLV –