- is indigenously designed and developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation
- It is Part of the Agni series of missiles, one of the missile systems under the original Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme
- Range: 5,500–5,800 km. It will allow India to strike targets across Asia and into Europe
- It is a 3 stage solid fuelled missile with composite motor casing in the second and third stage.
- It carries Multiple Independently Targetable Re-entry Vehicles (MIRV) payloads. A single MIRV equipped missile can deliver multiple warheads at different targets.
- Incorporated with advanced technologies involving ring laser gyroscope and accelerometer for navigation and guidance.
- First successfully test-fired by DRDO from Wheeler Island off the coast of Orissa on April 19, 2012.
- Recently Canister-based Agni-V missile was successfully test-fired
- This was the third successful flight test of the Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) and the first canister trial.
- Implication: A canister-launch system of Agni-V missile will give the forces the requisite operational flexibility. With this system, ballistic missile can be transported and can launched from any place. With this, India joined an “elite nuclear club” that also included China, Russia, France, the US, the UK and possibly Israel
By the end of the year, India expects to freeze the design for the largest battleship ever built for the Indian Navy. It will also be one of the largest carriers ...READ MORE
There are several antiquated, discriminatory provisions in the Indian laws violating the rights of leprosy affected persons. For instance, in the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 (Section 13 (v)), if one party ...READ MORE
ISA has been envisioned as a specialized platform and will contribute towards the common goal of increasing utilization and promotion of solar energy and solar applications in its member countries. The ...READ MORE
Why in News:Tourism department is going the Archeological Survey of India (ASI) way to make heritage tourist destinations in the state disabled friendly. The department is planning to make 20 destinations ...READ MORE
India is home to the largest child population in the world, with almost 42 per cent of the total population under eighteen years of age One of the issues marring this ...READ MORE
62,381 more voters on Mysuru’s revised electoral list As many as 62,381 voters have been included in Mysuru district in the special summary revision of voters held till February 28. D. Randeep, ...READ MORE
ATTEND FREE ORIENTATION CLASS (Bangalore School of civil services, Hebbal, Bangalore) Why should I take anthropology? Because Anthropology has the following advantage, Scoring subject Interesting subject Easy to grasp even for a non science student Short syllabus Repeating ...READ MORE
TO download click here Congratulation to all those who have cleared. Join the nammaKPSC movement and clear the mains with us. Here is the simplest approach to get you started. NammaKPSC test series. ...READ MORE
Design for second domestic aircraft carrier to be
Antiquated Indian laws affecting Leprosy
International solar alliance – All you need to
Tourist destinations in state to be made disabled
Protection of Children from Sexual Offences
TEST SERIES SCHEDULE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 5th
ANTHROPOLOGY BEST OPTIONAL SUBJECT FOR MAINS…..
KAS Prelims results 2017