- is indigenously designed and developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation
- It is Part of the Agni series of missiles, one of the missile systems under the original Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme
- Range: 5,500–5,800 km. It will allow India to strike targets across Asia and into Europe
- It is a 3 stage solid fuelled missile with composite motor casing in the second and third stage.
- It carries Multiple Independently Targetable Re-entry Vehicles (MIRV) payloads. A single MIRV equipped missile can deliver multiple warheads at different targets.
- Incorporated with advanced technologies involving ring laser gyroscope and accelerometer for navigation and guidance.
- First successfully test-fired by DRDO from Wheeler Island off the coast of Orissa on April 19, 2012.
- Recently Canister-based Agni-V missile was successfully test-fired
- This was the third successful flight test of the Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) and the first canister trial.
- Implication: A canister-launch system of Agni-V missile will give the forces the requisite operational flexibility. With this system, ballistic missile can be transported and can launched from any place. With this, India joined an “elite nuclear club” that also included China, Russia, France, the US, the UK and possibly Israel
Why in News: The first Sewage Treatment Plant using latest technology called the Sequential Batch Reactor Technology has been commissioned by the Karnataka Urban Water Supply and Drainage Board at Malur ...READ MORE
ಚಿಪ್ಕೋ ಚಳುವಳಿಯ 45ನೇ ವಾಷಿಕೋತ್ಸವಕ್ಕೆ ಗೂಗಲ್ ಡೂಡಲ್ ಗೌರವ ಅರಣ್ಯ ನಾಶದ ವಿರುದ್ಧ ಜನಜಾಗೃತಿ ಮೂಡಿಸುವಲ್ಲಿ ಪ್ರಮುಖ ಪಾತ್ರ ವಹಿಸಿದ್ದ ಚಿಪ್ಕೋ ಚಳುವಳಿಯ 45 ವಾರ್ಷಿಕೋತ್ಸವದ ಸಂದರ್ಭದಲ್ಲಿ ಗೂಗಲ್ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ ವಿಶಿಷ್ಟವಾದ ಡೂಡಲ್ ಮೂಲಕ ಚಳುವಳಿಯನ್ನು ನೆನಪಿಸಿಕೊಂಡಿದೆ. ಅಣೆಕಟ್ಟು, ಕಾರ್ಖಾನೆಗಳು ಮತ್ತು ರಸ್ತೆಗಳಿಗಾಗಿ ದೊಡ್ಡ ...READ MORE
IRNSS is an independent regional navigation satellite system being developed by India. It is designed to provide accurate position information service to users in India as well as the region ...READ MORE
DOWNLOAD AUGUST 2016 CURRENT AFFAIRS MAGAZINE CLICK HERE Best Current affairs Magazine for all civil services competitive examinations. It is the only magazine that covers National issues, international issues and Karnataka issues ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Biostimulation involves the modification of the environment to stimulate existing bacteria capable of bioremediation ∗ It is the form of in situ bioremediation which uses an electron donor or acceptor ...READ MORE
Hearty Congratulations to all those who have cleared Gazetted Probationary Mains exam. The final stage (Personality Test/Interview) will carry 200 Marks and team NammaKPSC is here to help you and ...READ MORE
Scientific name Falco amurensis Conservation status IUCN- Least Concern Conservation efforts in Nagaland, India Introduction Amur Falcon is a small raptor of the falcon family.Its a small, slender, pigeon-sized bird of prey, and is noteworthy for undertaking ...READ MORE
A United Nations panel has ruled as ‘unlawful detention’ the three-year period of political asylum sought by Wikileaks founder Julian Assange at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London. The ruling by the ...READ MORE
Dear Aspirants, Greetings... Have you downloaded JUNE Month Mahithi Monthly Current affairs Magazine? IF not, click here to download the Magazine. This will help your Upcoming UPSC and KPSC preliimages-2ms examinations. MAHITHI MONTHLY MAGAZINE is the Best ...READ MORE
Basavaraj Rayaraddi is HKRDB chairman Basavaraj Rayaraddi, Minister for Higher Education and Koppal in-charge, has been appointed as the chairman of Hyderabad-Karnatak Regional Development Board for two years. Mr. Rayaraddi succeeds Sharan ...READ MORE
Sewage Treatment Plant in Kolar District
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 26th
Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System
AUGUST MAHITHI MONTHLY CURRENT AFFAIRS MAGAZINE FOR KAS
Assange’s detention illegal, says UN panel
DOWNLOAD JUNE 2018 Mahithi Monthly Magazine- English
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 10th