- is indigenously designed and developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation
- It is Part of the Agni series of missiles, one of the missile systems under the original Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme
- Range: 5,500–5,800 km. It will allow India to strike targets across Asia and into Europe
- It is a 3 stage solid fuelled missile with composite motor casing in the second and third stage.
- It carries Multiple Independently Targetable Re-entry Vehicles (MIRV) payloads. A single MIRV equipped missile can deliver multiple warheads at different targets.
- Incorporated with advanced technologies involving ring laser gyroscope and accelerometer for navigation and guidance.
- First successfully test-fired by DRDO from Wheeler Island off the coast of Orissa on April 19, 2012.
- Recently Canister-based Agni-V missile was successfully test-fired
- This was the third successful flight test of the Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) and the first canister trial.
- Implication: A canister-launch system of Agni-V missile will give the forces the requisite operational flexibility. With this system, ballistic missile can be transported and can launched from any place. With this, India joined an “elite nuclear club” that also included China, Russia, France, the US, the UK and possibly Israel
Hearty Congratulations to all those who have cleared Gazetted Probationary Mains exam. The final stage (Personality Test/Interview) will carry 200 Marks and team NammaKPSC is here to help you and ...READ MORE
What in News: Special package for polyhouse farming Agriculture Minister C. Krishna Byregowda has said a special package will be formulated to provide loans at lower rate of interest to construct polyhouses ...READ MORE
Denmark the least corrupt country, India at 76th position India has climbed nine points to rank 76th in this year’s global corruption index topped by Denmark, with watchdog Transparency International calling ...READ MORE
In a departure from protocol, Prime Minister Narendra Modi received Abu Dhabi’s Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan at the airport as he arrived in New Delhi for ...READ MORE
Government plans to set up 2,000 waterports as well as "Ro-Ro" services at 5 select places to transport goods and vehicles Besides, there is a plan to develop 1,300 islands and ...READ MORE
France commits €300 million for solar energy French President Francois Hollande committed €300 million (around $325 million or Rs. 2,200 crore) over the next five years for the global development of solar ...READ MORE
Bird flu outbreak and measures taken As many as 35,000 chicken have died in 20 days at Melakera in Humnabad taluk, sending shockwaves among those in the poultry farming industry. Animal Husbandry ...READ MORE
Terminator gene ∗ The terminator gene is a specific genetic sequence inserted by scientists into a seed's DNA that renders the seed and the crop it produces sterile. ∗ Terminator gene technology ...READ MORE
ATTEND FREE ORIENTATION CLASS (Bangalore School of civil services, Hebbal, Bangalore) Why should I take anthropology? Because Anthropology has the following advantage, Scoring subject Interesting subject Easy to grasp even for a non science student Short syllabus Repeating ...READ MORE
The Karnataka Knowledge Commission (KKC) is coming out with a strategy to utilise Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) technology in the sectors of town planning, crop and forest survey, pollution monitoring, civic operations among ...READ MORE
Government Programme Made easy: Karnataka Polyhouse farming
The Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) for 2015
India-UAE ties: A roadmap for deeper cooperation
Govt plans to set up 2,000 waterports; 30
INDIA and FRANCE
Bird flu outbreak and all you need to
TERMINATOR GENE TECHNOLOGY
ANTHROPOLOGY BEST OPTIONAL SUBJECT FOR MAINS…..
Study group to chart out roadmap for tapping