- is indigenously designed and developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation
- It is Part of the Agni series of missiles, one of the missile systems under the original Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme
- Range: 5,500–5,800 km. It will allow India to strike targets across Asia and into Europe
- It is a 3 stage solid fuelled missile with composite motor casing in the second and third stage.
- It carries Multiple Independently Targetable Re-entry Vehicles (MIRV) payloads. A single MIRV equipped missile can deliver multiple warheads at different targets.
- Incorporated with advanced technologies involving ring laser gyroscope and accelerometer for navigation and guidance.
- First successfully test-fired by DRDO from Wheeler Island off the coast of Orissa on April 19, 2012.
- Recently Canister-based Agni-V missile was successfully test-fired
- This was the third successful flight test of the Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) and the first canister trial.
- Implication: A canister-launch system of Agni-V missile will give the forces the requisite operational flexibility. With this system, ballistic missile can be transported and can launched from any place. With this, India joined an “elite nuclear club” that also included China, Russia, France, the US, the UK and possibly Israel
The famed Mysore Dasara also called the Nadahabba (state-festival) of the state is scheduled to be held from October 1 to 11, this year and here is what you should know. Poet Kanavi to ...READ MORE
These incentives are expected to improve the liquidity position of the industry reportedly stressed by sustained surpluses of production over domestic consumption during the last four years. These steps /measures ...READ MORE
Chhattisgarh tribals use art to document encounter killings Villagers in the heavily militarised areas of south Chhattisgarh have embraced the traditional Gond art to document fake encounters that are not uncommon ...READ MORE
MINISTRY - The Tourism Ministry AIM - to develop theme-based tourist circuits in the country. These tourist circuits will be developed on the principles of high tourist value, competitiveness and sustainability in an ...READ MORE
Why in News:Tourism department is going the Archeological Survey of India (ASI) way to make heritage tourist destinations in the state disabled friendly. The department is planning to make 20 destinations ...READ MORE
The report of the Pay Commission, headed by Ashok Kumar Mathur, a former judge of the Supreme Court, was held up due to Bihar Assembly polls. The commission was given ...READ MORE
Best Current affairs Magazine for all civil services competitive examinations. It is the only magazine that covers National issues, international issues and Karnataka issues all in one single magazine. Our ...READ MORE
Cable TV Services in Urban Areas will be digital from 1st January 2016 The cable TV is one of the most popular medium of mass entertainment & education. The country has ...READ MORE
Swachh Bharat Mission is a massive mass movement that seeks to create a Clean India by 2019. The father of our nation Mr. Mahatma Gandhi always puts the emphasis on swachhta as swachhta leads to ...READ MORE
What is this RLV-TD? Reusable Launch Vehicle-Technology Demonstration Program or RLV-TD is a series of technology demonstration missions that have been considered as a first step towards realizing a Two Stage ...READ MORE
Mysore Dasara: An insight into the Nadahabba
Incentives given to sugar sector to facilitate payment
Gond art to document encounter killings
Swadesh Darshan Scheme
Tourist destinations in state to be made disabled
7th pay commission draft report
current affairs magazine karnataka for kas exams
Cable TV digitisation
Swachh Bharat Mission- All you need to know
REUSABLE LAUNCH VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATOR PROGRAM (RLV –