- For import of an aircraft following steps were necessary till now
- For remittance of funds for import of aircraft, the approval of the ministry was mandatory.
- Scheduled Operators (airlines) and Regional Scheduled Operators have to seek approval from the ministry for import of aircraft.
- The Ministry had recently asked Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) and the RBI to amend their existing notification and master circular respectively to relax the norms for aircraft import.
- In early October the DGFT had carried out the requisite amendments in its rules governing aircraft imports.
- Further the RBI in November issued a circular allowing banks to advance remittances of up to $50 million for import of aircraft, helicopters and other aviation related purchases by airlines once airline companies receive approval from the DGCA.
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation has now delegated the power to grant initial No Objection Certificate (NOC) or in-principle approval for import or acquisition of aircraft to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
- After the changes are effected by DGCA the Scheduled Operators/Regional Scheduled Operators need not approach the Ministry of Civil Aviation for initial NOC/In-principle approval for import/acquisition of aircraft
- Several airlines had voiced their concern over the delay in approvals which had affected their aircraft induction, fleet expansion and replacement plans.
ವಾಷಿಂಗ್ಟನ್ ಮೂಲದ ಆರ್ಥಿಕ ಮತ್ತು ಶಾಂತಿ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ ತಯಾರಿಸಿದ ವರದಿ. 162 ದೇಶಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಅಧ್ಯಯನ ನಡೆಸಿ ವರದಿ ಭಯೋತ್ಪಾದಕರಿಂದ ಅತಿಹೆಚ್ಚು ತೊಂದರೆಗೆ ಒಳಗಾದ ಮೊದಲ 10 ದೇಶಗಳ ಪಟ್ಟಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾರತ ಸೇರಿದೆ. ಈ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ ಸಿದ್ಧಪಡಿಸಿದ ಜಾಗತಿಕ ಭಯೋತ್ಪಾದನಾ ಸೂಚ್ಯಂಕದ ಪ್ರಕಾರ (ಜಿಟಿಐ), ಜಗತ್ತಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಭಯೋತ್ಪಾದಕ ...READ MORE
KEDB to open eco-trails around Bengaluru in August The Karnataka Eco-Tourism Development Board (KEDB) will throw open 10 eco-trails for tourists. These trekking trails include famous and lesser-known hillocks and reserve ...READ MORE
ಆರೋಗ್ಯವಾಣಿ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ ? ರಾಜ್ಯ ಸರಕಾರ ಜಾರಿಗೆ ತಂದಿರುವ ಆರೋಗ್ಯವಾಣಿ 104 ಕಾರ್ಯ ಯೋಜನೆಗೆ ಮನಸೋತ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರಕಾರ, ಅದನ್ನು ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರಮಟ್ಟದಲ್ಲಿ ‘ಆರೋಗ್ಯವಾಣಿ 1104’ ಮೂಲಕ ಪರಿಚಯಿಸಿ ಒಂದೇ ಸೂರಿನಡಿ ತುರ್ತು ಆರೋಗ್ಯ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ನೀಡಲು ಮುಂದಾಗಿದೆ. ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 15ರಂದು ಸ್ವಾತಂತ್ರ್ಯೋತ್ಸವ ಸಂದರ್ಭದಲ್ಲಿ ...READ MORE
The Government has a well established strategy and institutional mechanism to effectively deal with terrorist financing and money laundering problem. The Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967(UAPA) and the Prevention of Money ...READ MORE
ISRO & ROSCOSMOS to work together for first Indian manned mission Topic: Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, nano-technology, bio-technology IN NEWS: At end of delegation level talks between ...READ MORE
Dam Safety Bill Topic: Government Policies IN NEWS: The government introduced the Dam Safety Bill, 2018 in the Lok Sabha which will enable the States and Union Territories to adopt uniform procedures to ...READ MORE
Drug-resistant bacteria in Bellandur lake Raw sewage flows in a steady stream into Bellandur lake, bringing with it heavy metals, froth-inducing phosphorus, coliforms and other microorganisms. The murky waters of the cesspool ...READ MORE
Brazil says the number of babies born with microcephaly or abnormally small heads since October has now reached nearly 4,000. The authorities there believe the increase is caused by an outbreak ...READ MORE
Council passes Road Safety Authority Bill The Karnataka State Road Safety Authority Bill, 2017, which seeks to curb accidents by making roads safer was passed in the Council on 16th Nov. The ...READ MORE
Special Category Status (SCS) Context: The Central government filed a counter affidavit in the Supreme Court on Wednesday expressing its inability to give Special Category Status (SCS) to Andhra Pradesh and ...READ MORE
ಉಗ್ರರ ಕಾಟ: ಭಾರತಕ್ಕೆ 6ನೇ ಸ್ಥಾನ
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
“9th ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Strategy to deal with Terror Financing and Money
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 8th October
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 13th December
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 4th
Brazil Zika outbreak
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 17th
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 7th