- Cable TV Services in Urban Areas will be digital from 1st January 2016
- The cable TV is one of the most popular medium of mass entertainment & education. The country has more than 100 million cable TV subscribers. The digitization of cable TV services is under way in a phased manner in 4 phases. The road map for digitalisation of Cable TV services is as under:
|Phase||Areas||Sunset date for analog Cable TV|
|Phase –I||Four Metros of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai||31.10.2012|
|Phase –II||Cities with a population more than one million (38 cities)||31.03.2013|
|Phase –III||All Other Urban areas (Municipal Corporation/ Municipalities) except cities /towns/areas specified for corresponding Phase-I and Phase-II.||31.12.2015|
|Phase –IV||Rest of India||31.12.2016|
- The consumers of 4 metros & 38 cities who were covered under phase-I & II of digitalization are getting the benefits of Digital Cable TV services. As Mentioned above, the cut off date in respect of phase-III, which covers remaining urban areas, is 31st December 2015, after which no analog signal transmission or re-transmission of TV channels is permitted by the Law.
- The digital cable TV services (DAS) can carry large number of TV channels with better picture quality and sound for all the channels.
- The consumer can choose channels of their choice and accordingly budget their expanses.
- For availing the Digital Cable TV Services, a consumer is required to install a set top box at his/her premises. The STBs can be availed on rental/hire-purchase/outright purchase basis. The consumer has an option to choose any scheme out of many offered by the service provider.
Four-day World Congress on Disaster Management concluded on Sunday with the unanimous adoption of ‘Visakhapatnam Declaration’ calling for a comprehensive action plan for a disaster-resilient society The declaration was drafted after ...READ MORE
The BMRDA had prepared the Structure Plan in 1998 based on the availability and future prospects in respect of the natural resources and infrastructure and the trend of urbanization in the region. The Structure Plan was ...READ MORE
This State Sponsored scheme was introduced during 1991-92 to cover urban poor whose annual income is less than Rs.32,000. The beneficiaries are selected by the Ashraya Committee, comprising of both official ...READ MORE
The 68th Republic Day parade in New Delhi's Rajpath was a colourful affair tableaux from 17 states and Union Territories showcased the varied historical, art and cultural heritage of the ...READ MORE
New index to check ease of doing agri-business Topic: Indian Economy IN NEWS: The Centre expects to roll out a new Ease of Doing Agri-Business Index early next year, which will rank ...READ MORE
Zero Budget Natural Farming (ZBNF) The city’s vibrant gardening community where members are proponents of healthy and chemical-free grain, fruits and vegetables is contributing to the growing trend of urban farming. Many ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government is planning to introduce 100% reservation to Kannadigas in blue-collar jobs in private sector industries across the state. The state labour department has released the draft amendments to ...READ MORE
ಆಪರೇಷನ್ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ ? ದೇಶದ ಎರಡೆನೇ ಅಣು ಪರೀಕ್ಷೆ ಪೋಖ್ರಾಣ್–2 ಅಥವಾ ಆಪರೇಷನ್ ಶಕ್ತಿ ನಡೆದು ಶುಕ್ರವಾರಕ್ಕೆ (ಮೇ 11) 20 ವರ್ಷ ತುಂಬಿದೆ. ಮೇ 11,13 ರಂದು ನಡೆದ ಎಲ್ಲಾ ಪರೀಕ್ಷೆಗಳು ಯಶಸ್ವಿಯಾಗಿದ್ದವು. ಭಾರತದ ಮಿಸೈಲ್ಮ್ಯಾನ್ ಎಂದೇ ಖ್ಯಾತರಾಗಿದ್ದ ಮಾಜಿ ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Cogeneration is the use of a heat engine or a power station to simultaneously generate both electricity and useful heat. ∗ Co-generation is defined as the combined generation of electric ...READ MORE
ವರದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏನಿದೆ? ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟ ಜಾತಿಯಲ್ಲೂ ತೀರಾ ಹಿಂದುಳಿದ ಜಾತಿಗಳಿಗೆ ಮೀಸಲಾತಿ ಸೌಲಭ್ಯ ಸಿಗುತ್ತಿಲ್ಲ; ಕೆಲವೇ ಜಾತಿಗಳು ಮಾತ್ರ ಈ ಸೌಲಭ್ಯ ಪಡೆಯುತ್ತಿವೆ ಎಂಬ ದೂರು ಕೇಳಿ ಬಂದಿದ್ದರಿಂದ 2005ರ ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂಬರ್ನಲ್ಲಿ ಸದಾಶಿವ ಆಯೋಗ ರಚಿಸಲಾಗಿತ್ತು. ಆಯೋಗವು 2012ರಲ್ಲಿ ಸರ್ಕಾರಕ್ಕೆ ವರದಿ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿತ್ತು. ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟ ಜಾತಿಯ ವರಿಗೆ ...READ MORE
Urban Development: Structure Plan & BBMP
Rural Development – Housing – Urban Ashraya/Vajpayee Housing
India Celebrate 68th Republic Day – Highlights
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 14th November
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 20th
Karnataka plans 100% quota for locals in private
“12th ಮೇ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
ಸದಾಶಿವ ಆಯೋಗ ವರದಿ