- Cable TV Services in Urban Areas will be digital from 1st January 2016
- The cable TV is one of the most popular medium of mass entertainment & education. The country has more than 100 million cable TV subscribers. The digitization of cable TV services is under way in a phased manner in 4 phases. The road map for digitalisation of Cable TV services is as under:
|Phase||Areas||Sunset date for analog Cable TV|
|Phase –I||Four Metros of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai||31.10.2012|
|Phase –II||Cities with a population more than one million (38 cities)||31.03.2013|
|Phase –III||All Other Urban areas (Municipal Corporation/ Municipalities) except cities /towns/areas specified for corresponding Phase-I and Phase-II.||31.12.2015|
|Phase –IV||Rest of India||31.12.2016|
- The consumers of 4 metros & 38 cities who were covered under phase-I & II of digitalization are getting the benefits of Digital Cable TV services. As Mentioned above, the cut off date in respect of phase-III, which covers remaining urban areas, is 31st December 2015, after which no analog signal transmission or re-transmission of TV channels is permitted by the Law.
- The digital cable TV services (DAS) can carry large number of TV channels with better picture quality and sound for all the channels.
- The consumer can choose channels of their choice and accordingly budget their expanses.
- For availing the Digital Cable TV Services, a consumer is required to install a set top box at his/her premises. The STBs can be availed on rental/hire-purchase/outright purchase basis. The consumer has an option to choose any scheme out of many offered by the service provider.
Pradhana Manthri Gram Sadak yojana (PMGSY) PMGSY was launched in the State during December 2000 with the objective of providing rural connectivity through all weather roads to the habitations having a population of 500 and above. Under ...READ MORE
ರೈಲ್ವೆ: ದೂರು ನೀಡಲು ‘ಮದದ್’ ರೈಲು ಪ್ರಯಾಣಿಕರು ಇನ್ನುಮುಂದೆ ತಮ್ಮ ದೂರುಗಳನ್ನು ದಾಖಲಿಸಲು ಟ್ವಿಟರ್, ಫೇಸ್ಬುಕ್, ಸಹಾಯವಾಣಿ ಇವುಗಳನ್ನು ಬಳಸುವ ಅವಶ್ಯವಿಲ್ಲ. ದೂರು, ಅಹವಾಲುಗಳನ್ನು ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಲು ಅನುಕೂಲವಾಗುವಂತೆ ‘ಪ್ರಯಾಣದ ವೇಳೆ ನೆರವಿಗೆ ಮೊಬೈಲ್ ಆ್ಯಪ್’ (ಮದದ್=ಸಹಾಯ) ಎಂಬ ಹೆಸರಿನ ಮೊಬೈಲ್ ಆ್ಯಪ್ ಅನ್ನು ...READ MORE
ಹಣದುಬ್ಬರವನ್ನು ತಡೆಗಟ್ಟಲು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಮೊದಲ ಬಾರಿಗೆ ರಿಸರ್ವ್ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್ ಜೊತೆಗೆ ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ಚೌಕಟ್ಟು ಒಪ್ಪಂದ ಮಾಡಿಕೊಂಡಿದೆ. ಏನಿದು ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ಚೌಕಟ್ಟು ಒಪ್ಪಂದ?: ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಮತ್ತು ಭಾರತೀಯ ರಿಸರ್ವ್ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್ ಫೆಬ್ರುವರಿ 20, 2015ರಲ್ಲಿ Monetary Policy Framework Agreement ಅಥವಾ ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ...READ MORE
Startup India is a flagship initiative of the Government of India, intended to build a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation and Startups in the country that will drive sustainable economic growth and ...READ MORE
No new schemes, projects can be announced now With the model code of conduct in place, the state government can no longer announce new schemes or launch new projects. Also, schemes already ...READ MORE
The Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change has notified the revised standards for coal-based Thermal Power Plants in the country, with the primary aim of minimising pollution. These standards are ...READ MORE
Air quality remained abysmal on Dec 1st , with four of the seven monitoring stations reporting the “severe” warning during the morning. The situation improved slightly by 7 p.m. due to ...READ MORE
The newly adopted Constitution of Nepal might undergo the first round of amendments if the latest round of consultations being held by former Prime Minister Sushil Koirala becomes successful. Two amendments ...READ MORE
Aadhaar seeding helps in weeding out 8.5 lakh bogus ration cards in state Aadhaar seeding of ration cards has helped weed out 8.5 lakh bogus cards. The Food and Civil Supplies department ...READ MORE
Rural Development-Rural Roads InfrastructurePradhana Manthri Gram Sadak Yojana
“16th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
ಹಣದುಬ್ಬರ ತಡೆಗಟ್ಟಲು ಆರ್ ಬಿಐ ಜೊತೆ ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ಒಪ್ಪಂದ
All you need to know about Startup India
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 28th
Stricter Standards for Coal Based Thermal Power Plants
Poor AQI in Delhi
Constitutional amendments underway in Nepal
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 4th
SDG 3: big agenda, big opportunities for India