- Cable TV Services in Urban Areas will be digital from 1st January 2016
- The cable TV is one of the most popular medium of mass entertainment & education. The country has more than 100 million cable TV subscribers. The digitization of cable TV services is under way in a phased manner in 4 phases. The road map for digitalisation of Cable TV services is as under:
|Phase||Areas||Sunset date for analog Cable TV|
|Phase –I||Four Metros of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai||31.10.2012|
|Phase –II||Cities with a population more than one million (38 cities)||31.03.2013|
|Phase –III||All Other Urban areas (Municipal Corporation/ Municipalities) except cities /towns/areas specified for corresponding Phase-I and Phase-II.||31.12.2015|
|Phase –IV||Rest of India||31.12.2016|
- The consumers of 4 metros & 38 cities who were covered under phase-I & II of digitalization are getting the benefits of Digital Cable TV services. As Mentioned above, the cut off date in respect of phase-III, which covers remaining urban areas, is 31st December 2015, after which no analog signal transmission or re-transmission of TV channels is permitted by the Law.
- The digital cable TV services (DAS) can carry large number of TV channels with better picture quality and sound for all the channels.
- The consumer can choose channels of their choice and accordingly budget their expanses.
- For availing the Digital Cable TV Services, a consumer is required to install a set top box at his/her premises. The STBs can be availed on rental/hire-purchase/outright purchase basis. The consumer has an option to choose any scheme out of many offered by the service provider.
Irrigation projects in Karnataka poorly executed, says CWC The Central Water Commission (CWC), which studied the drought situation in Karnataka, has taken a serious note of ‘poor execution’ of Centrally funded ...READ MORE
A plot of land for India to build its first naval base in the Indian Ocean region has been allocated by the Seychelles government in the Assumption Island. Its is a joint ...READ MORE
In an effort to help government-run transport entities, the Karnataka State Transport Authority (KSTU) has come out with a Comprehensive Area Scheme (CSA) for the entire state that bans new ...READ MORE
Experts warn of ecological damage, oppose expansion of Tadadi port Marine experts and faculty of the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) have urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi not to grant environmental ...READ MORE
The Rajya Sabha cleared the Juvenile Justice (Amendment) Bill, 2015 The bill lowers the age of a legally defined juvenile from 18 to 16 in the case of heinous crimes.. The Bill ...READ MORE
Citizens can apply online for regularisation of their properties under the Akrama-Sakrama scheme may have to wait at least a week as the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is yet to ...READ MORE
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras and its peripherals are all set to become cheaper with the Commercial Taxes department slashing the rate of Value Added Tax (VAT) on the products from ...READ MORE
Schengen zone Schengen has 26 countries - 22 EU members and four non-EU. Those four are: Iceland and Norway (since 2001), Switzerland (since 2008) and Liechtenstein (since 2011). Schengen is a town ...READ MORE
A 25-year-old engineer with respiratory problems was the first to use a recently launched air ambulance service to rush to a hospital. Sandeep was brought in a helicopter from Toranagallu in ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government has entered into an agreement with French multinational software company Dassault Systems to impart both short and long-term courses in aerospace and defence sectors using 3D design ...READ MORE
Man-made water crisis in Karnataka: KPSC/KAS 2016 Challengers
India’s naval base in Seychelles
Karnataka-Comprehensive Area Scheme (CSA)
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Juvenile Justice (Amendment) Bill, 2015
Akrama-Sakrama online process to start after a week
Karnataka – Govt Slashes Tax On CCTV Cameras To
Schengen area – All you need to know
Karnataka: Air ambulance debuts with flight from Ballari
Karnataka: B’luru to get Centre of Excellence in