- Cable TV Services in Urban Areas will be digital from 1st January 2016
- The cable TV is one of the most popular medium of mass entertainment & education. The country has more than 100 million cable TV subscribers. The digitization of cable TV services is under way in a phased manner in 4 phases. The road map for digitalisation of Cable TV services is as under:
|Phase||Areas||Sunset date for analog Cable TV|
|Phase –I||Four Metros of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai||31.10.2012|
|Phase –II||Cities with a population more than one million (38 cities)||31.03.2013|
|Phase –III||All Other Urban areas (Municipal Corporation/ Municipalities) except cities /towns/areas specified for corresponding Phase-I and Phase-II.||31.12.2015|
|Phase –IV||Rest of India||31.12.2016|
- The consumers of 4 metros & 38 cities who were covered under phase-I & II of digitalization are getting the benefits of Digital Cable TV services. As Mentioned above, the cut off date in respect of phase-III, which covers remaining urban areas, is 31st December 2015, after which no analog signal transmission or re-transmission of TV channels is permitted by the Law.
- The digital cable TV services (DAS) can carry large number of TV channels with better picture quality and sound for all the channels.
- The consumer can choose channels of their choice and accordingly budget their expanses.
- For availing the Digital Cable TV Services, a consumer is required to install a set top box at his/her premises. The STBs can be availed on rental/hire-purchase/outright purchase basis. The consumer has an option to choose any scheme out of many offered by the service provider.
The State Cabinet gave its nod for incorporating several changes in the panchayat raj legislation Amendments are based on the recommendations made by a committee headed by former speaker K R Ramesh Kumar. The ...READ MORE
ಹೇಗ್ ಸಮಾವೇಶ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಅಂತರ-ದೇಶ ಪೋಷಕರ ಮಗು ಅಪಹರಣದ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಒಂದು ವರದಿಯನ್ನು ಸಿದ್ಧಪಡಿಸಲು ಕೇಂದ್ರವು ಸ್ಥಾಪಿಸಿದ ಸಮಿತಿಯು ಹೇಗ್ ಕನ್ವೆನ್ಷನ್ನ ಮೂಲಭೂತ ತತ್ವಗಳನ್ನು ಪ್ರಶ್ನಿಸಿದೆ. ಪೋಷಕರ ಅಥವಾ ಪೋಷಕರ ಆವಾಸಸ್ಥಾನಕ್ಕೆ ಮಗು ಹಿಂದಿರುಗುವುದು ಮಗುವಿನ ಹಿತಾಸಕ್ತಿಗೆ ಅಗತ್ಯವಾಗಿರಲೇಬೇಕು ಎಂಬುದು ನಿಯಮವಾಗಿರಬಾರದು ...READ MORE
New guidelines for RDF waste may do Bengaluru good The grand idea that was supposed to fuel cement industries with Bengaluru’s waste had come nearly to naught. But, there is hope that ...READ MORE
PSLV-C31 successfully put into orbit IRNSS-1E, the fifth satellite of the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) after its succesful launch from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), SHAR, Sriharikota PSLV-C31 ...READ MORE
One cannot directly go to a private hospital for treatment under a government health scheme. First need to visit a government hospital &only when doctors refer to private hospitals owing to ...READ MORE
Call for policy, action in diabetes prevention, management Why in news? The Global Burden of Disease Study 2016 which was released recently points out that the prevalence of diabetes has increased more ...READ MORE
Solid waste management units in 30 GPs Taking further the ongoing Swachch Bharat Abhiyaan, the Ballari Zilla Panchayat has decided to establish 30 solid waste management units in as many gram ...READ MORE
The Union Cabinet has approved the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015, as reported by the Select Committee of Rajya Sabha. The Bill will now be taken up for ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Biostimulation involves the modification of the environment to stimulate existing bacteria capable of bioremediation ∗ It is the form of in situ bioremediation which uses an electron donor or acceptor ...READ MORE
Gram Swaraj Panchayat Raj bill, 2015
“8th ಮೇ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 10th
PSLV-C31 launches IRNSS-1E
Health Scheme: Patients have to visit govt hospitals
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 17th September
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 27th July
Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015
Anxiety is related to social status