- Cable TV Services in Urban Areas will be digital from 1st January 2016
- The cable TV is one of the most popular medium of mass entertainment & education. The country has more than 100 million cable TV subscribers. The digitization of cable TV services is under way in a phased manner in 4 phases. The road map for digitalisation of Cable TV services is as under:
|Phase||Areas||Sunset date for analog Cable TV|
|Phase –I||Four Metros of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai||31.10.2012|
|Phase –II||Cities with a population more than one million (38 cities)||31.03.2013|
|Phase –III||All Other Urban areas (Municipal Corporation/ Municipalities) except cities /towns/areas specified for corresponding Phase-I and Phase-II.||31.12.2015|
|Phase –IV||Rest of India||31.12.2016|
- The consumers of 4 metros & 38 cities who were covered under phase-I & II of digitalization are getting the benefits of Digital Cable TV services. As Mentioned above, the cut off date in respect of phase-III, which covers remaining urban areas, is 31st December 2015, after which no analog signal transmission or re-transmission of TV channels is permitted by the Law.
- The digital cable TV services (DAS) can carry large number of TV channels with better picture quality and sound for all the channels.
- The consumer can choose channels of their choice and accordingly budget their expanses.
- For availing the Digital Cable TV Services, a consumer is required to install a set top box at his/her premises. The STBs can be availed on rental/hire-purchase/outright purchase basis. The consumer has an option to choose any scheme out of many offered by the service provider.
The Thirteenth Finance Commission has recommended a five year tenure from 2010-11 to 2014-15 for the utilisation of its grants. The grants are released in 2 instalments annually, based on the ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government is planning to introduce 100% reservation to Kannadigas in blue-collar jobs in private sector industries across the state. The state labour department has released the draft amendments to ...READ MORE
Seven years after the State Department was restructured to ‘de-hyphenate’ U.S. relations with India and with Pakistan, it is considering a reversal of the move. De-hyphenating refers to a policy started ...READ MORE
ಭೂಮಿಯ ಮೇಲ್ಮೈ ಮೇಲೆ ಬೀಳುವ ಸೌರಶಕ್ತಿಯು ಪ್ರಾಥಮಿಕವಾಗಿ ಭೌಗೋಳಿಕ ನೆಲೆ, ಭೂಮಿ-ಸೂರ್ಯನ ಚಲನೆ, ಭೂಮಿಯ ಪರಿಭ್ರಮಣ ರೇಖೆಯ ಓರೆ ಮತ್ತು ತೇಲುವ ಕಣಗಳಿಂದಾಗಿ ವಾತಾವರಣವು ಸೌರಶಕ್ತಿಯನ್ನು ಕುಂದಿಸುವ ಕ್ರಿಯೆ (Attenuation) ಮುಂತಾದ ಅಂಶಗಳನ್ನು ಅವಲಂಬಿಸಿರುತ್ತದೆ ಒಂದು ಪ್ರದೇಶದ ಸೌರ ಸಂಪನ್ಮೂಲ ಸಾಮರ್ಥ್ಯ ಅಥವಾ ...READ MORE
Irrigation projects in Karnataka poorly executed, says CWC The Central Water Commission (CWC), which studied the drought situation in Karnataka, has taken a serious note of ‘poor execution’ of Centrally funded ...READ MORE
From 2015-16 the Government has introduced Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Nivasa Yojane for providing houses to the house less SC/ST families. Under this scheme for 2015-16 the Government has sanctioned 1,50,000 houses, in which ...READ MORE
The BMRDA had prepared the Structure Plan in 1998 based on the availability and future prospects in respect of the natural resources and infrastructure and the trend of urbanization in the region. The Structure Plan was ...READ MORE
The physical expansion and demographic growth of urban areas have exerted an adverse impact on the urban environment. The large scale conversion of agricultural land in the urban periphery for urban uses like industries, housing ...READ MORE
Indira Awas Yojana This Centrally Sponsored Scheme was introduced during 1989-90 for rural homeless people who are below the poverty line. 60% of the target is earmarked for SCs/STs, 15% for minorities and ...READ MORE
Rural Development-Rural Infrastructure-Thirteenth Finance Commission Grants & Grama
Karnataka plans 100% quota for locals in private
U.S. considers re-merger of India, Pakistan desks
ಸೌರ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಯ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ನೋಟ
Man-made water crisis in Karnataka: KPSC/KAS 2016 Challengers
Rural Development – Housing – Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Nivasa
Urban Development: Structure Plan & BBMP
Urban Development – Urban Environment
Rural Development – Housing – Indira Awas Yojana
National Tribal Carnival 2016