- Cable TV Services in Urban Areas will be digital from 1st January 2016
- The cable TV is one of the most popular medium of mass entertainment & education. The country has more than 100 million cable TV subscribers. The digitization of cable TV services is under way in a phased manner in 4 phases. The road map for digitalisation of Cable TV services is as under:
|Phase||Areas||Sunset date for analog Cable TV|
|Phase –I||Four Metros of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai||31.10.2012|
|Phase –II||Cities with a population more than one million (38 cities)||31.03.2013|
|Phase –III||All Other Urban areas (Municipal Corporation/ Municipalities) except cities /towns/areas specified for corresponding Phase-I and Phase-II.||31.12.2015|
|Phase –IV||Rest of India||31.12.2016|
- The consumers of 4 metros & 38 cities who were covered under phase-I & II of digitalization are getting the benefits of Digital Cable TV services. As Mentioned above, the cut off date in respect of phase-III, which covers remaining urban areas, is 31st December 2015, after which no analog signal transmission or re-transmission of TV channels is permitted by the Law.
- The digital cable TV services (DAS) can carry large number of TV channels with better picture quality and sound for all the channels.
- The consumer can choose channels of their choice and accordingly budget their expanses.
- For availing the Digital Cable TV Services, a consumer is required to install a set top box at his/her premises. The STBs can be availed on rental/hire-purchase/outright purchase basis. The consumer has an option to choose any scheme out of many offered by the service provider.
Drone begins mapping boundaries of properties The Survey Settlement and Land Records (SSLR) Department, in coordination with the Survey of India, has taken up a pilot initiative to map properties, with ...READ MORE
Triple talaq bill Why in news? The Union Cabinet approved three crucial amendments to the triple talaq Bill, including a provision for bail to an accused before the start of trial. Salient features ...READ MORE
110 ಲಕ್ಷ ಟನ್ ದಾಟಿದ ಆಹಾರ ಧಾನ್ಯ ಸತತ ಬರಗಾಲದಿಂದ ಕಂಗೆಟ್ಟಿದ್ದ ರಾಜ್ಯಕ್ಕೆ ಕಳೆದ ಮುಂಗಾರು ಅವಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಬಿದ್ದ ಹೆಚ್ಚುವರಿ ಮಳೆ ಬಂಪರ್ ಇಳುವರಿಗೆ ಕಾರಣವಾಗಿದ್ದು, 2017-18ರಲ್ಲಿ 110 ಲಕ್ಷ ಟನ್ ಆಹಾರ ಧಾನ್ಯಗಳ ಉತ್ಪಾದನೆಯಾಗಿದೆ. ಮುಂಗಾರು, ಹಿಂಗಾರು ಹಾಗೂ ಬೇಸಿಗೆ ಹಂಗಾಮು ಸೇರಿ ...READ MORE
The 68th Republic Day parade in New Delhi's Rajpath was a colourful affair tableaux from 17 states and Union Territories showcased the varied historical, art and cultural heritage of the ...READ MORE
Rs. 11,000-cr. package for city infrastructure Bengaluru Development Minister K.J. George on 1st August announced a Rs. 11,000-crore package under the Nagarothana scheme to improve the city’s infrastructure, including white-topping of ...READ MORE
Preparation of Master Plans for the orderly development of Cities, Towns and Villages in the State and providing technical assistance to Urban Development Authorities, Planning Authorities and Local Bodies in the ...READ MORE
Sustainable urban development is not a choice but a necessity. If cities are to meet the needs of their citizens (United Nations 2007). Some of the most critical problems facing our cities concern the ...READ MORE
Vertical garden for metro pillars on Green Line The Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation (BMRCL) is doing its bit to promote Bengaluru as the garden city. Pillars on the line between Sampige Road ...READ MORE
Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) Why in new? The Election Commission said all VVPATs would be delivered well within the time required for preparations ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha poll. About ...READ MORE
Direct Rice Sowing method proves a success in Ballari Owing to failure of rain in the months of June and July this year, or due to relentless motivation by the officials ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 11th &
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams -10th August
“19th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
India Celebrate 68th Republic Day – Highlights
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Urban Development-Town and Country Planning
Karnataka Issues: Environmental Challenges
Karnataka Current Affairs – 4th July 2018
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 26th July
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams -19th- 21st