- Cable TV Services in Urban Areas will be digital from 1st January 2016
- The cable TV is one of the most popular medium of mass entertainment & education. The country has more than 100 million cable TV subscribers. The digitization of cable TV services is under way in a phased manner in 4 phases. The road map for digitalisation of Cable TV services is as under:
|Phase||Areas||Sunset date for analog Cable TV|
|Phase –I||Four Metros of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai||31.10.2012|
|Phase –II||Cities with a population more than one million (38 cities)||31.03.2013|
|Phase –III||All Other Urban areas (Municipal Corporation/ Municipalities) except cities /towns/areas specified for corresponding Phase-I and Phase-II.||31.12.2015|
|Phase –IV||Rest of India||31.12.2016|
- The consumers of 4 metros & 38 cities who were covered under phase-I & II of digitalization are getting the benefits of Digital Cable TV services. As Mentioned above, the cut off date in respect of phase-III, which covers remaining urban areas, is 31st December 2015, after which no analog signal transmission or re-transmission of TV channels is permitted by the Law.
- The digital cable TV services (DAS) can carry large number of TV channels with better picture quality and sound for all the channels.
- The consumer can choose channels of their choice and accordingly budget their expanses.
- For availing the Digital Cable TV Services, a consumer is required to install a set top box at his/her premises. The STBs can be availed on rental/hire-purchase/outright purchase basis. The consumer has an option to choose any scheme out of many offered by the service provider.
Southern Zonal Council Why in news? The 28th meeting of the Southern Zonal Council was recently held under the Chairmanship of the Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh in Bengaluru. About zonal councils Zonal ...READ MORE
Suvarna Gramodaya Yojane has been ventured to develop vibrant village communities by adopting an intensive and integrated approach to rural development. The programme was launched on the occasion of Golden Jubilee ...READ MORE
The Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill, 2018 Why in news? The Bill to award the death penalty for those convicted of raping girls below the age of 12 will be introduced in the ...READ MORE
Rebooting ties with Iran Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Tehran on May 22-23 will be an important marker in New Delhi’s attempt to instill momentum in bilateral ties. India's interests in ...READ MORE
ಕಲಿಕೆಯ ಭಾಗವಾಗಿ ‘ಸ್ವಚ್ಛ ಭಾರತ’ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ಮಹತ್ವಾಕಾಂಕ್ಷೆಯ ‘ಸ್ವಚ್ಛ ಭಾರತ ಅಭಿಯಾನ’ವನ್ನು ಉನ್ನತ ಶಿಕ್ಷಣದಲ್ಲಿ ಐಚ್ಛಿಕ ವಿಷಯವನ್ನಾಗಿ (ಎಲೆಕ್ಟಿವ್ ಕೋರ್ಸ್) ಪರಿಗಣಿಸುವಂತೆ ವಿಶ್ವವಿದ್ಯಾಲಯ ಅನುದಾನ ಆಯೋಗವು (ಯುಜಿಸಿ) ಎಲ್ಲ ವಿಶ್ವವಿದ್ಯಾಲಯ ಮತ್ತು ಕಾಲೇಜುಗಳಿಗೆ ಸೂಚಿಸಿದೆ. ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ಈ ಆಂದೋಲನದಲ್ಲಿ ವಿದ್ಯಾರ್ಥಿಗಳು ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಸಂಖ್ಯೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ...READ MORE
National Judicial Reference System (NJRS) is an electronic repository of cases under the direct taxes category or income tax pending in legal forums like the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT), ...READ MORE
The project to move Tipu Sultan’s armoury has crossed a critical phase. The armoury is being moved 100 metres to make way for a railway track. The spectacular engineering effort is ...READ MORE
All India Radio has launched a 24-hour satellite classical music channel, ‘Raagam’, which will be available via DTH (with no transmitter support as with its other channels) and mobile app ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Bioleaching is the extraction of metals from their ores through the use of living organisms. ∗ It is the Conversion of insoluble metal sulfides into water-soluble metal sulfates. ∗ Nowadays bioleaching ...READ MORE
BBMP takes technology route against hoardings The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) will go the crowd-sourcing route to crack down on illegal hoardings in the city. The civic body is using an ...READ MORE
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 20th September
Rural Development-Suvarna Gramodaya Yojane-KAS/KPSC 2016
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 19th
Rebooting ties with Iran- Modi’s visit to Iran
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 27th
National Judicial Reference System
Karnataka: Tipu’s armoury shifting starts smooth
AIR launches 24-hour classical music channel
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 10th August