The Centre has notified the mid-day meals rules. The rules were notified by the union human resource development ministry in accordance with the provisions of the National Food Security Act 2013 act after consultation with states and other related central ministries.
- Mid-day meals provided to students at schools will be tested each month by accredited laboratories to ensure nutritional standards and quality.
- The meal provided to children will be evaluated and certified by the government food research laboratories or any laboratory accredited or recognised by law.
- The rules make it mandatory for schools to dig into funds meant for other purposes if the funds meant for providing mid-day meals to students are exhausted for some reason.
- The schools are required to provide an allowance to students if meals cannot be given them.
- Concerned state governments are required to fix responsibility on the person or agency if meals are not provided on three consecutive school days or five days in a month.
- Every child within the age group of six to 14 years studying in Classes 1 to 8, enrolled with and attending school, shall be provided hot-cooked meal having nutritional standards of 450 calories and 12 gm of protein for primary and 700 calories and 20 gm protein for upper primary classes free of charge every day except on school holidays.
- The mid-day meals shall be served to the children only in the school.
- The schools will also have to ensure meals are cooked in a hygienic manner. Schools in urban area may use the facility of centralised kitchens wherever required in accordance with the guidelines issued by the central government.
- The heads of schools are empowered to utilise any available fund for the continuation of the scheme. The amount will be reimbursed to the school account.
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) is leading the National Mental Health Survey (NMHS) with support from the Union Health Ministry A team of nearly 60 experts from ...READ MORE
The Karnataka Agriculture Prices Commission (KAPC) submitted its much awaited report, prescribing scientifically calculated “cost of cultivation” for 17 major crops. In the report by KAPC, headed by agricultural economist T.N. ...READ MORE
As per the latest assessment (Year-2011) of Dynamic Ground Water Resources, carried out jointly by Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) and the State Governments, out of 6607 assessment units (Blocks/ ...READ MORE
Through the Android app launched by the Ministry of Ayush, the Karnataka State Medicinal Plants Authority (KaMPA) can check whether spices like cinnamon have been obtained from trees growing in ...READ MORE
In a significant victory, a young Indian lawyer won a hotly-contested election in the UN General Assembly for membership to the world body’s top body of legal experts, garnering the ...READ MORE
Earth Summit 1992 Earth Summit 1992 was the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED), commonly known as the Rio Summit or Rio Conference Outcomes Rio Declaration on Environment and Development Agenda 21 Convention ...READ MORE
Blockchain is the technology behind web-based cryptocurrency bitcoin. Cyrptocurrencies such as bitcoin have been making a lot of buzz over the last few years The underlying blockchain technology emerged from the shadows of cryptocurrencies ...READ MORE
ವಾಕ್ ಸ್ವಾತಂತ್ರ್ಯದ ಹಕ್ಕು ಸ್ವೇಚ್ಛಾನುಸಾರವಲ್ಲ, ಆದ್ದರಿಂದ ಮಾನಹಾನಿಗೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಿಸಿದ ಐಪಿಸಿಯ ದಂಡನಾರ್ಹ ಕಲಂಗಳಿಗೆ ಸಾಂವಿಧಾನಿಕ ಸಿಂಧುತ್ವ ಇದೆ ಎಂದು ಸುಪ್ರೀಂಕೋರ್ಟ್ ಸ್ಪಷ್ಟಪಡಿಸಿದೆ. ಮಾನಹಾನಿಗೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಿಸಿದ ಭಾರತೀಯ ದಂಡ ಸಂಹಿತೆಯ (ಐಪಿಸಿ) ಕಲಂ 499 ಮತ್ತು 500 ಹಾಗೂ ಅಪರಾಧ ಪ್ರಕ್ರಿಯಾ ಸಂಹಿತೆಯ (ಸಿಪಿಸಿ) ...READ MORE
What is Pravasi Bharatiy Divas? Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (Non-Resident Indian Day), is celebrated in India on 9 January each year to mark the contribution of the overseas Indian community to the ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government took the legislation route to curtail planting of saplings that have adverse effect on environment and ground water. The Legislative Assembly on Thursday passed the Karnataka Preservation of ...READ MORE
Mental health survey by NIMHANS
KAPC report on cost of cultivation
Ground water management
e-Charak app – Forest dept gets set to
Indian Lawyer Aniruddha Rajput Elected To UN’s International
Kyoto to Paris- All about climate change negotiations
Blockchain – Technology behind Bit coin
ಮಾನಹಾನಿಯ ಸ್ವರೂಪ ಆಗಲಿ ಪುನರ್ವಿಮರ್ಶೆ
Pravasi Bharatiya Divas: State to showcase startup prowess
Karnataka: Law to curtail planting of saplings that