The Centre has notified the mid-day meals rules. The rules were notified by the union human resource development ministry in accordance with the provisions of the National Food Security Act 2013 act after consultation with states and other related central ministries.
- Mid-day meals provided to students at schools will be tested each month by accredited laboratories to ensure nutritional standards and quality.
- The meal provided to children will be evaluated and certified by the government food research laboratories or any laboratory accredited or recognised by law.
- The rules make it mandatory for schools to dig into funds meant for other purposes if the funds meant for providing mid-day meals to students are exhausted for some reason.
- The schools are required to provide an allowance to students if meals cannot be given them.
- Concerned state governments are required to fix responsibility on the person or agency if meals are not provided on three consecutive school days or five days in a month.
- Every child within the age group of six to 14 years studying in Classes 1 to 8, enrolled with and attending school, shall be provided hot-cooked meal having nutritional standards of 450 calories and 12 gm of protein for primary and 700 calories and 20 gm protein for upper primary classes free of charge every day except on school holidays.
- The mid-day meals shall be served to the children only in the school.
- The schools will also have to ensure meals are cooked in a hygienic manner. Schools in urban area may use the facility of centralised kitchens wherever required in accordance with the guidelines issued by the central government.
- The heads of schools are empowered to utilise any available fund for the continuation of the scheme. The amount will be reimbursed to the school account.
ಫ್ಯೂಚರ್ ಟ್ರೇಡಿಂಗ್ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಪೆಟ್ರೋಲ್ ಹಾಗೂ ಡೀಸೆಲನ್ನು ಫ್ಯೂಚರ್ ಟ್ರೇಡಿಂಗ್ ವ್ಯಾಪ್ತಿಗೆ ತರಲು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ನಿರ್ಧರಿಸಿದೆ. ಹಿನ್ನಲೆ: ಪೆಟ್ರೋಲ್, ಡೀಸೆಲ್ ಬೆಲೆ ದಿನೇದಿನೆ ಏರುತ್ತಿರುವ ಕಾರಣ ಪೆಟ್ರೋಲಿಯಂ ಕಂಪನಿಗಳ ಹಿತ ಕಾಯುವುದರ ಜತೆಗೆ ಜನರಿಗೂ ಕೊಂಚ ನಿಟ್ಟುಸಿರು ಬಿಡುವಂತಹ ಈ ಪ್ರಸ್ತಾವನೆಯನ್ನು ...READ MORE
A plot of land for India to build its first naval base in the Indian Ocean region has been allocated by the Seychelles government in the Assumption Island. Its is a joint ...READ MORE
The reality of urban governance in Karnataka and in India general, in the context of a local government, stands in contrast to the philosophy of the Constitution. The colonial authoritarian structure of city governance continues to ...READ MORE
India's Act East Policy focusses on the extended neighbourhood in the Asia-Pacific region. The policy which was originally conceived as an economic initiative, has gained political, strategic and cultural dimensions including ...READ MORE
Hassan poet chosen for national event Poet Ja.Na.Tejashree has been chosen to represent Kannada poetry in the National Symposium of Poets of 2018, an annual event conducted by All India Radio. Ms. ...READ MORE
The massive campaign for Kallikattu in Tamil Nadu and a similar campaign building up for kambala in Karnataka seem to have opened a Pandora’s box. Now, there is demand from people ...READ MORE
Karnataka govt to hike anganwadi workers' honorarium The state government on 10th April agreed to increase the monthly honorarium of anganwadi workers and helpers by Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 respectively, ...READ MORE
Piped natural gas and compressed natural gas will soon be available in Tumakuru, Belagavi and Dharwad districts. Work on the City Gas Distribution (CGD) project has already begun in these districts. Petroleum ...READ MORE
Third regional PPVFRA centre to begin functioning The third regional centre of Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers’ Rights Authority (PPVFRA), established by the Union government will commence functioning on the ...READ MORE
‘Forest Cell should not be under the BBMP’ One of the ideas proposed by the Forest Department to counter the loss of greenery in Bengaluru is taking back the Forest Cell ...READ MORE
“30th ಮೇ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
India’s naval base in Seychelles
Urban Governance & Constitution of a District Planning
Act East Policy
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 1st-3rd
After Jallikattu & Kambala, next demand for lifting
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Tumakuru, Belagavi & Dharwad districts to soon get
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 22nd