The Centre has notified the mid-day meals rules. The rules were notified by the union human resource development ministry in accordance with the provisions of the National Food Security Act 2013 act after consultation with states and other related central ministries.
- Mid-day meals provided to students at schools will be tested each month by accredited laboratories to ensure nutritional standards and quality.
- The meal provided to children will be evaluated and certified by the government food research laboratories or any laboratory accredited or recognised by law.
- The rules make it mandatory for schools to dig into funds meant for other purposes if the funds meant for providing mid-day meals to students are exhausted for some reason.
- The schools are required to provide an allowance to students if meals cannot be given them.
- Concerned state governments are required to fix responsibility on the person or agency if meals are not provided on three consecutive school days or five days in a month.
- Every child within the age group of six to 14 years studying in Classes 1 to 8, enrolled with and attending school, shall be provided hot-cooked meal having nutritional standards of 450 calories and 12 gm of protein for primary and 700 calories and 20 gm protein for upper primary classes free of charge every day except on school holidays.
- The mid-day meals shall be served to the children only in the school.
- The schools will also have to ensure meals are cooked in a hygienic manner. Schools in urban area may use the facility of centralised kitchens wherever required in accordance with the guidelines issued by the central government.
- The heads of schools are empowered to utilise any available fund for the continuation of the scheme. The amount will be reimbursed to the school account.
ಸೌದಿಯಿಂದ ವಿಶ್ವದ ಅತಿದೊಡ್ಡ ಸೋಲಾರ್ ಪಾರ್ಕ್ ಯೋಜನೆ ಸೌದಿ ಅರೇಬಿಯಾ 13.03 ಲಕ್ಷ ಕೋಟಿ ರೂ. ವೆಚ್ಚದ ಸೌರಶಕ್ತಿ ಯೋಜನೆ ಆರಂಭಿಸುವ ಸಲುವಾಗಿ ಸಾಫ್ಟ್ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್ ಗ್ರೂಪ್ ಜತೆಗೆ ಒಪ್ಪಂದಕ್ಕೆ ಸಹಿ ಹಾಕಿದೆ. ನೂತನ ಯೋಜನೆಯಿಂದಾಗಿ ಸೌದಿ ಅರೇಬಿಯಾ ವಿದ್ಯುತ್ಗಾಗಿ ತೈಲದ ಮೇಲೆ ಅವಲಂಬಿತವಾಗುವುದು ...READ MORE
Union Ministry sanctions bridge across the Tungabhadra between Nittur and Singapur The Union Ministry for Road Transport and Shipping has sanctioned a bridge across the Tungabhadra between Nittur village in Sirguppa ...READ MORE
Karnataka State sets up 7th pay commission The State government on 1st June constituted the seventh pay commission and appointed the former IAS officer Srinivas Murthy as its chairman. Chief Minister Siddaramaiah ...READ MORE
49 new taluks formed The State government has issued an order for formation of 49 new taluks to take the administration to the doorsteps of the people. The State Budget for 2017-18 ...READ MORE
The passage of 74th CAA has provided new opportunities for urban governance reforms in the country. The municipal bodies have for the first time been provided the constitutional status of the ...READ MORE
Free LPG scheme to cost govt Rs 340 more per connection Karnataka government will incur an additional expenditure of Rs 340 on each of its Anila Bhagya beneficiaries (providing free LPG connections ...READ MORE
Deposit Contribution Works Karnataka Housing Board has undertaken deposit contribution works as per entrustment by the Government. Up to October 2015 the details of works taken and progress is as follows - 475 building projects ...READ MORE
Sudhir Saraf elected as new mayor for Hubballi Sudhir Saraf and Menaka Hurali of the BJP have been elected the mayor and deputy mayor of Hubballi-Dharwad City Corporation. In the elections held ...READ MORE
Why In News: The tiger conservation programme of Bhadra National Park has got a shot in the arm with the Central government giving its nod for a Rs 9-crore action ...READ MORE
The reality of urban governance in Karnataka and in India general, in the context of a local government, stands in contrast to the philosophy of the Constitution. The colonial authoritarian structure of city governance continues to ...READ MORE
29th ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAs/KPSC Exams – 13th
Karnataka Current Affairs for KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Urban Development – 74th Constitutional Amendment Act
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Urban Development – Housing Schemes
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 3rd
NammaKPSC Classroom: KAS 2016-17 challengers- All About Bhadra
Urban Governance & Constitution of a District Planning