The Centre has notified the mid-day meals rules. The rules were notified by the union human resource development ministry in accordance with the provisions of the National Food Security Act 2013 act after consultation with states and other related central ministries.
- Mid-day meals provided to students at schools will be tested each month by accredited laboratories to ensure nutritional standards and quality.
- The meal provided to children will be evaluated and certified by the government food research laboratories or any laboratory accredited or recognised by law.
- The rules make it mandatory for schools to dig into funds meant for other purposes if the funds meant for providing mid-day meals to students are exhausted for some reason.
- The schools are required to provide an allowance to students if meals cannot be given them.
- Concerned state governments are required to fix responsibility on the person or agency if meals are not provided on three consecutive school days or five days in a month.
- Every child within the age group of six to 14 years studying in Classes 1 to 8, enrolled with and attending school, shall be provided hot-cooked meal having nutritional standards of 450 calories and 12 gm of protein for primary and 700 calories and 20 gm protein for upper primary classes free of charge every day except on school holidays.
- The mid-day meals shall be served to the children only in the school.
- The schools will also have to ensure meals are cooked in a hygienic manner. Schools in urban area may use the facility of centralised kitchens wherever required in accordance with the guidelines issued by the central government.
- The heads of schools are empowered to utilise any available fund for the continuation of the scheme. The amount will be reimbursed to the school account.
The state forest department has issued a notification allowing culling of wild boars in Ramanagara distric, by declaring them vermin. The notification issued by the Ramanagara forest office which has legalized the ...READ MORE
In a first-of-its-kind initiative, the Mangaluru City Corporation in Karnataka will officially unveil its IT-based initiative to track and control malaria cases on October 17. The initiative would be through software ...READ MORE
The railways have started installing point of sale (PoS) machines at as many as 73 reservation counters. The facility will also be made available at parcel counters, where payments can be ...READ MORE
Govt eases process of issuing BPL cards The state government on 20th March decided to simplify the procedure for issuing below poverty line ration cards, with an eye on the Assembly ...READ MORE
City Cluster Development: City Cluster Development (CCD) is an urban led strategy towards promotion of economic and social development under which closely located areas of human settlements are linked together functionally, structurally and spatially to form ...READ MORE
The Vijayapura district hospital has emerged the best district hospital in Karnataka and won a cash prize of Rs 50 lakh for the second straight year under the Health Department’s ...READ MORE
The state government has notified the rules for implementing the revised scheme, which envisages acquisition of land for infrastructure projects. Under the revised scheme, two times the value of the land ...READ MORE
Aadhaar Bill Finance Minister Arun Jaitley introduced the Aadhaar Bill, 2016, in the Lok Sabha. Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Bill, 2016 The Bill provides statutory backing ...READ MORE
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are officially known as Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development They are an intergovernmental set of aspiration Goals with 169 targets. The Goals are contained in ...READ MORE
Padma Awards are the highest civilian Awards of the country conferred in three categories Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri. This year, President of India Pranab Mukherjee approved conferment of ...READ MORE
Department allows farmers in Ramanagara district to kill
IT-based malaria control initiative
Karnataka: Railways instals PoS machines at 73 reservation
Karnataka – Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams –
Urban Development: City Cluster Development & Heritage Based
Karnataka: Vijayapura wins best district hospital award
Karnataka – Revised TDR notified; to be twice
Aadhar Bill 2016
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Padma Awards: Seven Padma awardees from Karnataka –