- Amid strain in ties between India and Nepal hitting the fuel supply to the Himalayan nation, China will be sending 1,000 metric tonnes of petrol to Nepal in grants within the next few days, according to high-placed government sources.
- The Chinese gesture comes as a big relief for Nepal that remains fuel-starved following obstruction in supply from India for the past five weeks.
- The government of India has cited security reasons and discouraged Indian trucks to enter Nepal following the protests leading to a sharp fall in the supply of petroleum products and acute shortage that has fuelled anti-India sentiments across the Himalayan country
- Prime Minister K P Oli had a meeting with Chinese ambassador Wu Chuntai on Friday with a request to supply fuel.
- Initially China will be providing 1,000 metric tonnes of petrol soon, and then terms and conditions would be worked out,” sources said.
- Indian supply of essential commodities including fuel and medicines however continues from other entry points other than the Raxaul border crossing that accounts for the biggest volume of export to Kathmandu due to cheaper transportation cost
India - Maldives Evolution of India Maldives relationship Indian Army's 'Operation Cactus' foiled a coup in Maldives that was attempted by a pro-Eelam group in 1988. Indian Coast Guard's Dornier was the first ...READ MORE
The Indian and Sri Lankan Navies would undertake the 4th edition of Sri Lanka-India Exercise (SLINEX) off Trincomalee, Sri Lanka from 27 Oct to 01 Nov 15. SLINEX series of bilateral ...READ MORE
The newly adopted Constitution of Nepal might undergo the first round of amendments if the latest round of consultations being held by former Prime Minister Sushil Koirala becomes successful. Two amendments ...READ MORE
The incidents of cross-border firing have shown a sharp decline after the border guarding forces of the two countries decided to “pick up the phone before picking up the gun”, ...READ MORE
Prime Minister Narendra Modi raised the issue of Balochistan conflict in his recent Independence Day address. While this was appreciated and welcomed by the Baloch leaders, it was criticized by ...READ MORE
In a surprise development kept secret until their meeting was over, Indian and Pakistani National Security Advisers led delegations for talks in Bangkok The discussions covered peace and security, terrorism, Jammu ...READ MORE