- Amid strain in ties between India and Nepal hitting the fuel supply to the Himalayan nation, China will be sending 1,000 metric tonnes of petrol to Nepal in grants within the next few days, according to high-placed government sources.
- The Chinese gesture comes as a big relief for Nepal that remains fuel-starved following obstruction in supply from India for the past five weeks.
- The government of India has cited security reasons and discouraged Indian trucks to enter Nepal following the protests leading to a sharp fall in the supply of petroleum products and acute shortage that has fuelled anti-India sentiments across the Himalayan country
- Prime Minister K P Oli had a meeting with Chinese ambassador Wu Chuntai on Friday with a request to supply fuel.
- Initially China will be providing 1,000 metric tonnes of petrol soon, and then terms and conditions would be worked out,” sources said.
- Indian supply of essential commodities including fuel and medicines however continues from other entry points other than the Raxaul border crossing that accounts for the biggest volume of export to Kathmandu due to cheaper transportation cost
Weather-based farm advisory system to reach taluks now The country’s flagship programme of the weather forecast-based agricultural advisory system is set to become more focussed by moving to the taluk level ...READ MORE
INSAT-3DR Why in News: In its tenth flight (GSLV-F05) conducted recently, India’s Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle, equipped with the indigenous Cryogenic Upper Stage (CUS), successfully launched the country’s weather satellite INSAT-3DR, ...READ MORE
Pattern of exam The Examination will consist of two successive stages: (i) Preliminary Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination (ii) Main Examination (Written and Interview) for the ...READ MORE
Dear Aspirants, Greetings... Have you downloaded JULY Month Mahithi Monthly Current affairs Magazine? IF not, click here to download the Magazine. This will help your Upcoming UPSC and KPSC prelims examinations. MAHITHI MONTHLY MAGAZINE is ...READ MORE
The Cabinet approved the National Mineral Exploration Policy setting the stage for auctioning exploration permits to private sector players on a revenue-sharing basis starting with 100 identified mineral blocks over ...READ MORE
ಪ್ರವಾಹದ ವಿಪತ್ತು ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಭಾರಿ ಮಳೆಯಿಂದ ಕೇರಳದಲ್ಲಿ ಅನಾಹುತ ಸಂಭವಿಸಿದೆ ಎಂದು ಮೇಲ್ನೋಟಕ್ಕೆ ಎಲ್ಲರೂ ಹೇಳುತ್ತಿರುವ ಮಾತು. ಆದರೆ, ಖ್ಯಾತ ಪರಿಸರ ವಿಜ್ಞಾನಿ ಡಾ. ಮಾಧವ ಗಾಡ್ಗೀಳ್ ‘ಕೇರಳದ ಈ ಪರಿಸ್ಥಿತಿ ಮಾನವ ನಿರ್ವಿುತ’ ಎಂದು ವಿಶ್ಲೇಷಿಸಿದ್ದಾರೆ. 2011 ರಲ್ಲಿ ಈ ಕುರಿತು ...READ MORE
ಲಕ್ಷದ್ವೀಪ ಬಳಿ ಹಡಗಿಗೆ ಬೆಂಕಿ ಲಕ್ಷದ್ವೀಪದ ಬಳಿಯ ಅರಬ್ಬಿ ಸಮುದ್ರದಲ್ಲಿ ಮಾರ್ಸಕ್ ಹೊನಮ್ ಎನ್ನುವ ವಾಣಿಜ್ಯ ಹಡಗಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾರಿ ಅಗ್ನಿ ಅನಾಹುತ ಸಂಭವಿಸಿದೆ. 13 ಭಾರತೀಯರು ಸೇರಿದಂತೆ 27 ಸಿಬ್ಬಂದಿ ಹಡಗಿನಲ್ಲಿದ್ದರು. ನಾಲ್ವರು ನಾಪತ್ತೆಯಾಗಿದ್ದು, ಉಳಿದವರನ್ನು ರಕ್ಷಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. 330 ಮೀಟರ್ ಉದ್ದದ ಹಡಗು ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 1ರಂದು ...READ MORE
A financing agreement for IDA credit of US$ 48 million (equivalent) for the ‘Nagaland Health Project’ was signed with the World Bank. The Financing Agreement was signed by Mr. Raj Kumar, ...READ MORE
An 11,000-year old rare engraved shale pendant, discovered in north Yorkshire, is the earliest known Mesolithic art piece in Britain, archaeologists have determined. The artefact, discovered at the Early Mesolithic site ...READ MORE
What should you focus on? Name of the scheme Beneficiaries Salient features Any new changes to the existing scheme For mains: Its challenges and benifits One more kg of free rice for poor in state The state ...READ MORE
Weather-based farm advisory system in Karnataka
KPSC EXAM 2017
DOWNLOAD JULY 2018 Mahithi Monthly Current Affairs Magazine-
New National Mineral Exploration Policy
“22nd ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
8th ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
India Signs Financing Agreement with World Bank for
11,000-year-old pendant uncovered in U.K.
NammaKPSC classroom for KPSC challengers-Changes in AnnaBhagya Scheme