- Amid strain in ties between India and Nepal hitting the fuel supply to the Himalayan nation, China will be sending 1,000 metric tonnes of petrol to Nepal in grants within the next few days, according to high-placed government sources.
- The Chinese gesture comes as a big relief for Nepal that remains fuel-starved following obstruction in supply from India for the past five weeks.
- The government of India has cited security reasons and discouraged Indian trucks to enter Nepal following the protests leading to a sharp fall in the supply of petroleum products and acute shortage that has fuelled anti-India sentiments across the Himalayan country
- Prime Minister K P Oli had a meeting with Chinese ambassador Wu Chuntai on Friday with a request to supply fuel.
- Initially China will be providing 1,000 metric tonnes of petrol soon, and then terms and conditions would be worked out,” sources said.
- Indian supply of essential commodities including fuel and medicines however continues from other entry points other than the Raxaul border crossing that accounts for the biggest volume of export to Kathmandu due to cheaper transportation cost
Amid strain in ties between India and Nepal hitting the fuel supply to the Himalayan nation, China confirmed it was sending fuel supplies to Nepal.This move breaks India’s monopoly on ...READ MORE
The newly adopted Constitution of Nepal might undergo the first round of amendments if the latest round of consultations being held by former Prime Minister Sushil Koirala becomes successful. Two amendments ...READ MORE
U.S. to pull out of Russia missile pact Topic: International Relations In news: U.S. President Donald Trump confirmed that the U.S. would pull out of the Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty with ...READ MORE
MeitY launches internship scheme for Tech students In an effort to enhance skills of the youngsters, Ministry of Electronics and Information technology (MeitY) on Wednesday has launched ‘Digital India Internship Scheme’ ...READ MORE
PM Modi Inaugurates Kishanganga Hydropower Station In Jammu And Kashmir The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT-K) has set up first of its kind Centre for Energy Regulation (CER) in the country ...READ MORE
In a surprise development kept secret until their meeting was over, Indian and Pakistani National Security Advisers led delegations for talks in Bangkok The discussions covered peace and security, terrorism, Jammu ...READ MORE
ಸಾರಯುಕ್ತ ಅಕ್ಕಿ ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ ?ಬಿಸಿಯೂಟ ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ವಯ ರಾಜ್ಯದ 4 ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಗಳ ಒಟ್ಟು 5 ಘಟಕಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಸಾರವರ್ಧಿತ ಅಕ್ಕಿ ಬಳಸುವ ಸಂಬಂಧ 2017-18ನೇ ಸಾಲಿನ ಬಜೆಟ್ನಲ್ಲಿ ಘೊಷಿಸಿರುವ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮ ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಇನ್ನೂ ಕಾರ್ಯರೂಪಕ್ಕೆ ಬಾರದೆ ವಿಳಂಬವಾಗಿದೆ. ಸಾರಯುಕ್ತ ಅಕ್ಕಿ ಬಳಕೆಗೆ ಕಾರಣ ಇದು ತೀವ್ರ ತರಹದ ...READ MORE
MPC: majority chose status quo for repo Topic: Indian Economy In news:A majority of the monetary policy committee (MPC) members wanted the cumulative 50 basis points increase in repo rate in June ...READ MORE
PM awarded the 2018 Seoul Peace Prize Topic: Awards and Honours In news: The Seoul Peace Prize Committee has decided to confer the 2018 Seoul Peace Prize on Prime Minister Shri Narendra ...READ MORE
H1b Visa Topic: International Relations IN NEWS: U.S. President Donald Trump said he is planning changes to the H-1B program that grants temporarily visas to highly educated immigrants who work in specialty ...READ MORE
Nepal fuel crisis
Constitutional amendments underway in Nepal
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 22nd October
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 10th
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 21st
India-Pakistan National Security Advisors meeting
“22 ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ 2018ರ ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 20th October
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 24th October
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 12th January