- The newly adopted Constitution of Nepal might undergo the first round of amendments if the latest round of consultations being held by former Prime Minister Sushil Koirala becomes successful.
- Two amendments have already been registered in the Parliament and they will begin the process of internal adjustments for addressing the grievance of the Madhesi people.
- The first will be the amendment for Article 42 which covers guarantees for social justice and the second will cover the issue of proportional representation based on population share in constituencies
- But the dialogue between former Prime Minister Koirala and Mr. Thakur has failed to pacify the more demanding Madhesi leaders.
- The ties between the government and the Madhesis have become more complex in the last three months due to rapid militarisation of the Madhes region and suppression of people’s rights
- The first demand is demilitarisation of Madhes. Nepali government has to give due recognition to Hindi and Madhesi culture. That apart they will have to give concrete guarantees on citizenship rights of the Madhesi people
Deal to end Nepal blockade reached
- A three-step political agreement to resolve the crippling economic blockade has been reached between the government of Nepal and the protesting Madhesi parties.
- Nepal’s deputy PM pointed out that the agreement was prompted by the alarming rise of extremist sentiments in all political sections during the three-month-long blockade and related hardships.
- According to deputy PM there was a need to stop the extremist forces from using Nepal’s political platform and that is why this agreement was reached in the interest of the future of Nepal
- Earlier ways and means were discussed to keep internal politics of the neighbour on a separate track from India-Nepal relationship.
- The minister said that under the framework agreement, the issue of territorial demarcation of the Madhesis and their cultural and political rights would be adequately addressed. While the demarcation might take three months to be implemented, other decisions would be implemented immediately.
- A key aspect of the solution package will be the constitutional amendments.
- His visit to India was prompted by the onset of snowing and heavy rains in Nepal that intensified the suffering of the people in the mountainous region.
- Mr Thapa said emphatically that “proportional and inclusive representation” — a key issue for the Madhesi people — will be ensured to the Madhesis.
After a dismal 2015 of mass refugee flows, war and catastrophe, leading U.N. agencies and their partners announced that they are seeking over $20 billion in funding next year — ...READ MORE
Karnataka Govt: Over-exploitation pushed down water table in 143 taluks On 22nd March, the government presented a grim picture of the water situation. Groundwater levels in 143 of the total 176 ...READ MORE
The Revised Master Plan 2031 has apparently laid the foundation for a perennially bigger garbage scam in the future. The Bengaluru Development Authority (BDA) has projected the city’s population to be ...READ MORE
Home minister G Parameshwara said that the state government has decided to provide five per cent reservation for sportspersons in the recruitments of police department. The government would do everything possible ...READ MORE
Fire in Kalkere Range Thousands of acres of forest cover burnt down in forest fire in Bandipur tiger reserve on Saturday and a forest guard succumbed to burn injuries while preventing the flames ...READ MORE
What does it say Its is set to roll out on January 1, 2016. As per the formula, vehicles with registration number ending with an odd number will be allowed on odd-number ...READ MORE
A nationally representative study on smoking and death in India (published in 2008) found that smoking causes a large and growing number of premature deaths in the country. The study ...READ MORE
ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಗ್ರಾಮ ಸ್ವರಾಜ್ ಮತ್ತು ಪಂಚಾಯತ್ ರಾಜ್ ಮಸೂದೆ–2015’ ವಿಧಾನಸಭೆಯಲ್ಲಿಮಂಡನೆ ಇತ್ತೀಚಿನ ವರ್ಷಗಳಲ್ಲೇ ಇದು ಅತ್ಯಂತ ಸುದೀರ್ಘ ಮಸೂದೆ. ಜಿಲ್ಲಾ ಪಂಚಾಯಿತಿ ಅಧ್ಯಕ್ಷರಿಗೆ ರಾಜ್ಯ ಸಚಿವ ಸ್ಥಾನಮಾನ, ಅದಕ್ಕೆ ತಕ್ಕ ಸಂಬಳ ಮತ್ತು ಇತರ ಸವಲತ್ತುಗಳು ಸಿಗಲಿವೆ. ಮಸೂದೆಯಲ್ಲಿನ ಪ್ರಮುಖ ಅಂಶಗಳು : ಗ್ರಾಮಮಟ್ಟದಿಂದ ರಾಜ್ಯ ಮಟ್ಟದ ವರೆಗಿನ ...READ MORE
Karnataka govt aims to generate by 2018-end around 2700 MW from the Pavagada solar park, in a region that has seen 54 droughts in the last 60 years Pavagada Pavagada less than ...READ MORE
UN agencies appeal for humanitarian funding
KARNATAKA – CURRENT AFFAIRS – KAS / KPSC
Bengaluru: Waste figures for 2031 inflated
Karnataka will reserve 5% jobs in police force
Everything you need to know about Bandipur Forest
Delhi odd-even formula
Measures to curb smoking
ಪಂಚಾಯತ್ ರಾಜ್ ವ್ಯವಸ್ಥೆಗೆ ಬದಲಾವಣೆ
The world’s largest solar park is shaping up
Rural Development- Objectives of Swachha Bharat