- The newly adopted Constitution of Nepal might undergo the first round of amendments if the latest round of consultations being held by former Prime Minister Sushil Koirala becomes successful.
- Two amendments have already been registered in the Parliament and they will begin the process of internal adjustments for addressing the grievance of the Madhesi people.
- The first will be the amendment for Article 42 which covers guarantees for social justice and the second will cover the issue of proportional representation based on population share in constituencies
- But the dialogue between former Prime Minister Koirala and Mr. Thakur has failed to pacify the more demanding Madhesi leaders.
- The ties between the government and the Madhesis have become more complex in the last three months due to rapid militarisation of the Madhes region and suppression of people’s rights
- The first demand is demilitarisation of Madhes. Nepali government has to give due recognition to Hindi and Madhesi culture. That apart they will have to give concrete guarantees on citizenship rights of the Madhesi people
Deal to end Nepal blockade reached
- A three-step political agreement to resolve the crippling economic blockade has been reached between the government of Nepal and the protesting Madhesi parties.
- Nepal’s deputy PM pointed out that the agreement was prompted by the alarming rise of extremist sentiments in all political sections during the three-month-long blockade and related hardships.
- According to deputy PM there was a need to stop the extremist forces from using Nepal’s political platform and that is why this agreement was reached in the interest of the future of Nepal
- Earlier ways and means were discussed to keep internal politics of the neighbour on a separate track from India-Nepal relationship.
- The minister said that under the framework agreement, the issue of territorial demarcation of the Madhesis and their cultural and political rights would be adequately addressed. While the demarcation might take three months to be implemented, other decisions would be implemented immediately.
- A key aspect of the solution package will be the constitutional amendments.
- His visit to India was prompted by the onset of snowing and heavy rains in Nepal that intensified the suffering of the people in the mountainous region.
- Mr Thapa said emphatically that “proportional and inclusive representation” — a key issue for the Madhesi people — will be ensured to the Madhesis.
Technology centres for MSMEs Topic: Indian Economy IN NEWS: The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) will develop 20 technology centres, along with extension centres across the country in another ...READ MORE
What are the underlying causes? El Nino The El Niño is a weather phenomenon resulting in warmer than expected ocean temperatures in the central and eastern parts of the tropical belt of ...READ MORE
High Court: ‘Bengaluru’s rating will go up if...’ The High Court observed that the rating of Bengaluru will go up if the BBMP improves its rating by effectively discharging its functions. A ...READ MORE
TADF is a new scheme to facilitate acquisition of Clean, Green & Energy Efficient Technologies, in form of Technology / Customised Products / Specialised Services / Patents / Industrial Design ...READ MORE
Onake Obavva Force launched As atrocities against women are increasing in the State, the Chitradurga Police have launched Onake Obavva Force to tackle the issues related to violence against and harassment ...READ MORE
Now, Aadhaar to check truant govt doctors In a major reform, the state government will introduce an Aadhaar-based attendance system to check absenteeism of doctors and paramedics at government colleges and ...READ MORE
Bengaluru tops in waterbodies with chemical pollution This is part of the findings of an analysis by the Central Pollution Control Board for the years 2013-17 More than half of the country’s ...READ MORE
ಕೃಷಿ ಕಲ್ಯಾಣ ಅಭಿಯಾನ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ರೈತರ ಆದಾಯ ದುಪ್ಪಟ್ಟು ಹಾಗೂ ಆಧುನಿಕ ತಂತ್ರಜ್ಞಾನವನ್ನು ಅಳವಡಿಸಿಕೊಳ್ಳುವ ಉದ್ದೇಶದಿಂದ ಗ್ರಾಮಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಆಯ್ಕೆಯಾಗುವ ರೈತರಿಗೆ ಸೂಕ್ತ ನೆರವು ನೀಡುವ ಕೃಷಿ ಕಲ್ಯಾಣ್ ಅಭಿಯಾನ ಶೀಘ್ರ ಆರಂಭವಾಗಲಿದೆ. ಮುಂದಿನ 2022ರ ವೇಳೆಗೆ ರೈತರ ಆದಾಯ ದ್ವಿಗುಣಗೊಳಿಸುವ ಉದ್ದೇಶದಿಂದ ಜೂನ್ ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Drought hits production With major mango producing districts stricken by drought, domestic mango production, and subsequently the export of the fruit, is seeing a huge hit this year. The production of mangoes ...READ MORE
UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Nagarik) III Topic: Government Policies IN NEWS: The Union Ministry of Civil Aviation will shortly award new regional connectivity routes under UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Nagarik) ...READ MORE
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 14th January
Chennai floods explained
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 15th August
Technology Acquisition and Development Fund
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 26th July
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 16th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 23rd
“6th ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 15th January