- The newly adopted Constitution of Nepal might undergo the first round of amendments if the latest round of consultations being held by former Prime Minister Sushil Koirala becomes successful.
- Two amendments have already been registered in the Parliament and they will begin the process of internal adjustments for addressing the grievance of the Madhesi people.
- The first will be the amendment for Article 42 which covers guarantees for social justice and the second will cover the issue of proportional representation based on population share in constituencies
- But the dialogue between former Prime Minister Koirala and Mr. Thakur has failed to pacify the more demanding Madhesi leaders.
- The ties between the government and the Madhesis have become more complex in the last three months due to rapid militarisation of the Madhes region and suppression of people’s rights
- The first demand is demilitarisation of Madhes. Nepali government has to give due recognition to Hindi and Madhesi culture. That apart they will have to give concrete guarantees on citizenship rights of the Madhesi people
Deal to end Nepal blockade reached
- A three-step political agreement to resolve the crippling economic blockade has been reached between the government of Nepal and the protesting Madhesi parties.
- Nepal’s deputy PM pointed out that the agreement was prompted by the alarming rise of extremist sentiments in all political sections during the three-month-long blockade and related hardships.
- According to deputy PM there was a need to stop the extremist forces from using Nepal’s political platform and that is why this agreement was reached in the interest of the future of Nepal
- Earlier ways and means were discussed to keep internal politics of the neighbour on a separate track from India-Nepal relationship.
- The minister said that under the framework agreement, the issue of territorial demarcation of the Madhesis and their cultural and political rights would be adequately addressed. While the demarcation might take three months to be implemented, other decisions would be implemented immediately.
- A key aspect of the solution package will be the constitutional amendments.
- His visit to India was prompted by the onset of snowing and heavy rains in Nepal that intensified the suffering of the people in the mountainous region.
- Mr Thapa said emphatically that “proportional and inclusive representation” — a key issue for the Madhesi people — will be ensured to the Madhesis.
Karnataka govt aims to generate by 2018-end around 2700 MW from the Pavagada solar park, in a region that has seen 54 droughts in the last 60 years Pavagada Pavagada less than ...READ MORE
National Judicial Reference System (NJRS) is an electronic repository of cases under the direct taxes category or income tax pending in legal forums like the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT), ...READ MORE
Sex offenders’ registry launched with 4.4 lakh entries Why in news? India became the ninth country in the world to have a National Database on Sexual Offenders (NDSO), accessible only to law ...READ MORE
The Revised Master Plan 2031 has apparently laid the foundation for a perennially bigger garbage scam in the future. The Bengaluru Development Authority (BDA) has projected the city’s population to be ...READ MORE
Turga Pumped Storage in West Bengal Topic: Infrastructure Development IN NEWS: India and Japan signed a loan agreement of Rs 1,817 crore for the construction of the Turga Pumped Storage in West ...READ MORE
‘ವಾಸಿಸುವವನೇ ನೆಲದೊಡೆಯ’ ಕಾಯ್ದೆ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಸಮಾಜದ ಕೆಳಸ್ತರದ ಲಕ್ಷಾಂತರ ಕುಟುಂಬಗಳಿಗೆ ವಾಸದ ಸ್ಥಳದ ಮೇಲೆ ಮಾಲೀಕತ್ವದ ಹಕ್ಕು ಒದಗಿಸುವ 'ವಾಸಿಸುವವನೇ ನೆಲದೊಡೆಯ' ಘೋಷಣೆಯೊಂದಿಗೆ ರಾಜ್ಯ ಸರಕಾರ ರೂಪಿಸಿದ್ದ ಶಾಸನವು ಅನುಷ್ಠಾನ ಹಂತದಲ್ಲಿ ವೈಫಲ್ಯ ಕಂಡಿದೆ. ಈ ಕಾನೂನು ಜಾರಿಯಾದ ಬಳಿಕ ಸುಮಾರು 5,300 ಜನವಸತಿ ಪ್ರದೇಶಗಳಷ್ಟೇ ...READ MORE
Biometric attendance to weed out bogus billing Civic officials are all set to introduce the biometric system of attendance for pourakarmikas to weed out suspect bogus billing by contractors. The National Informatics ...READ MORE
'ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ಇ- ಮಾರ್ಕೆಟ್ ಸವೀರ್ಸಸ್ ಪ್ರೈ.ಲಿ' ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ ? ರಾಜ್ಯದ ಎಪಿಎಂಸಿಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ರೈತರಿಂದ ಅವೈಜ್ಞಾನಿಕ ಶುಲ್ಕ ಸಂಗ್ರಹಿಸುತ್ತಿರುವ 'ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ಇ- ಮಾರ್ಕೆಟ್ ಸವೀರ್ಸಸ್ ಪ್ರೈ.ಲಿ' (ರೆಮ್ಸ್) ಸೇವೆಯನ್ನು ರದ್ದು ಪಡಿಸಲು ಸರಕಾರ ಗಂಭೀರ ಆಲೋಚನೆ ನಡೆಸಿದೆ. ಏಕೆ ಈ ನಿರ್ಧಾರ ? ರಾಜ್ಯ ಕೃಷಿ ...READ MORE
ಬಾನ್ಕುಳಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಸಹಸ್ರ ಗೋವುಗಳ ಗೋಸ್ವರ್ಗ ದೇಶದಲ್ಲೇ ಇದೇ ಮೊದಲ ಬಾರಿಗೆ ಹೊಸ ಪರಿಕಲ್ಪನೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಗೋಪಾಲನೆಗೆ ಶ್ರೀರಾಮಚಂದ್ರಾಪುರ ಮಠ ಯೋಜನೆ ರೂಪಿಸಿದೆ. ಉತ್ತರಕನ್ನಡ ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಯ ಸಿದ್ದಾಪುರದ ಬಾನ್ಕುಳಿ ಮಠದ ಆವರಣದಲ್ಲಿ ಗೋಸ್ವರ್ಗ ನಿರ್ಮಾಣ ಮಾಡಲು ಯೋಜನೆ ರೂಪಿಸಿದ್ದು, ಮೇ 2ರಂದು ಯೋಜನೆ ಧಾರ್ವಿುಕ ವಿಧಿ ವಿಧಾನಗಳ ...READ MORE
State remains on top in proposed investments For the third year in a row, Karnataka is set to top the list of States attracting potential investments. Till August, the State garnered a ...READ MORE
The world’s largest solar park is shaping up
National Judicial Reference System
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 21st September
Bengaluru: Waste figures for 2031 inflated
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 3rd November
“30th ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
9th ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
“11th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 13th