- The newly adopted Constitution of Nepal might undergo the first round of amendments if the latest round of consultations being held by former Prime Minister Sushil Koirala becomes successful.
- Two amendments have already been registered in the Parliament and they will begin the process of internal adjustments for addressing the grievance of the Madhesi people.
- The first will be the amendment for Article 42 which covers guarantees for social justice and the second will cover the issue of proportional representation based on population share in constituencies
- But the dialogue between former Prime Minister Koirala and Mr. Thakur has failed to pacify the more demanding Madhesi leaders.
- The ties between the government and the Madhesis have become more complex in the last three months due to rapid militarisation of the Madhes region and suppression of people’s rights
- The first demand is demilitarisation of Madhes. Nepali government has to give due recognition to Hindi and Madhesi culture. That apart they will have to give concrete guarantees on citizenship rights of the Madhesi people
Deal to end Nepal blockade reached
- A three-step political agreement to resolve the crippling economic blockade has been reached between the government of Nepal and the protesting Madhesi parties.
- Nepal’s deputy PM pointed out that the agreement was prompted by the alarming rise of extremist sentiments in all political sections during the three-month-long blockade and related hardships.
- According to deputy PM there was a need to stop the extremist forces from using Nepal’s political platform and that is why this agreement was reached in the interest of the future of Nepal
- Earlier ways and means were discussed to keep internal politics of the neighbour on a separate track from India-Nepal relationship.
- The minister said that under the framework agreement, the issue of territorial demarcation of the Madhesis and their cultural and political rights would be adequately addressed. While the demarcation might take three months to be implemented, other decisions would be implemented immediately.
- A key aspect of the solution package will be the constitutional amendments.
- His visit to India was prompted by the onset of snowing and heavy rains in Nepal that intensified the suffering of the people in the mountainous region.
- Mr Thapa said emphatically that “proportional and inclusive representation” — a key issue for the Madhesi people — will be ensured to the Madhesis.
In News: "A day before confidence vote, President’s Rule imposed" President’s Rule was imposed on Uttarakhand , a day before the Harish Rawat government was to face a test of strength in ...READ MORE
Integrated Housing & Slum Development Programme (IHSDP) For taking up Housing and Slum up gradation programme in Non-BSUP cities, Integrated Housing & Slum Development Programme (IHSDP) was launched along with BSUP in December 2005. This programme combines ...READ MORE
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme has been in operation in all the districts of Karnataka State since 2006-07 which is being implemented in a phased manner. The primary ...READ MORE
Provision of infrastructure services is fundamental to economic growth and urban development. Urban infrastructure covers following: Water supply (for drinking, industrial, commercial and public usages), Sanitation (including Sewerage and Drainage), Domestic Energy, Road Infrastructure and Urban Transport. Water ...READ MORE
A permanent museum dedicated to the Partition of India in 1947 – to be called Yadgar-e-Taqseem or Memories of Partition – will be opened in Amritsar in early 2017, to ...READ MORE
The North Karnataka Urban Sector Investment Programme (NKUSIP) is the third Asian Development Bank assisted urban development project in Karnataka. The expected impact of the Investment Program is improved urban infrastructure ...READ MORE
The Government of Karnataka has allotted 323 acres of land for the formation of Housing Projects for the members of economically weaker Section of the Society 190 Acres of land has been handed ...READ MORE
Kyasanur Forest Disease or KFD is also known as monkey fever KFD is a tick-borne viral disease that was first reported in 1957 from Kyasanur, a village in Shivamogga district It gets transmitted from ...READ MORE
ಹಣದುಬ್ಬರವನ್ನು ತಡೆಗಟ್ಟಲು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಮೊದಲ ಬಾರಿಗೆ ರಿಸರ್ವ್ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್ ಜೊತೆಗೆ ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ಚೌಕಟ್ಟು ಒಪ್ಪಂದ ಮಾಡಿಕೊಂಡಿದೆ. ಏನಿದು ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ಚೌಕಟ್ಟು ಒಪ್ಪಂದ?: ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಮತ್ತು ಭಾರತೀಯ ರಿಸರ್ವ್ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್ ಫೆಬ್ರುವರಿ 20, 2015ರಲ್ಲಿ Monetary Policy Framework Agreement ಅಥವಾ ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ...READ MORE
All you need to know about President rule
Urban Development – Integrated Housing & Slum Development
Rural Development- Rural Employment and Livelihood-
Karnataka Urban Infrastructure – Water Supply
Amritsar’s Partition museum
Urban Development: North Karnataka Urban Sector Investment Programme
Urban Development-Construction of Houses for EWS
Kyasanur Forest Disease
ಹಣದುಬ್ಬರ ತಡೆಗಟ್ಟಲು ಆರ್ ಬಿಐ ಜೊತೆ ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ಒಪ್ಪಂದ
KPSC/KAS EXAMINATION SCHEDULE – 2017 (TENTATIVE)