- Denmark the least corrupt country, India at 76th position
- India has climbed nine points to rank 76th in this year’s global corruption index topped by Denmark, with watchdog Transparency International calling graft a global “blight”.
- According to Transparency International’s International Corruption Perceptions Index 2015, India is placed at 76th position along with Thailand, Brazil, Tunisia, Zambia and Burkina Faso out of 168 countries.
- India has improved its past year’s position of 85 and has a grade index score of 38 out of a possible 100 which indicates the least corrupt
- The index was prepared by using data from institutions including the World Bank, the African Development Bank.
- According to Berlin-based Transparency International, 68 per cent of countries worldwide have a serious corruption problem and half of the G20 are among them.
- Denmark tops of the index for the second consecutive year as the country perceived as least corrupt. It scored 91 points, while North Korea and Somalia remained at the bottom with unchanged scores of 8.
- The other top spots, from second to ninth, were occupied by Finland, Sweden, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, Singapore and Canada.
- Brazil and Turkey were among nations that tumbled the most. Brazil slid to 76th place, sharing its position with India, down from 69th last year. Turkey fell two spots to 66th, continuing its descent from 53rd place in 2013.
- Global corruption index, a composite index that draws from 12 surveys to rank nations around the globe, has become a benchmark gauge of perceptions of corruption and is used by analysts and investors
Home Minister G Parameshwara said that a special drive would be launched throughout the state to check the narcotics menace. Responding to a calling attention notice tabled by Ramachandra Gowda (BJP) in ...READ MORE
Karnataka Govt: Over-exploitation pushed down water table in 143 taluks On 22nd March, the government presented a grim picture of the water situation. Groundwater levels in 143 of the total 176 ...READ MORE
Silicon likely makes up a significant proportion of the Earth’s core after iron and nickel, say scientists who claim to have identified the ‘missing element’ in the deep interiors of ...READ MORE
Mincheri hill to turn into tree park The Mincheri Hill Range, which is among the lesser known trekking routes in Ballari district, is now being developed into a tree park. It ...READ MORE
The Agriculture department is working out the modalities to set up Special Agricultural Zones (SAZ) in different parts of the state to provide greater technological and logistic support to farmers ...READ MORE
What Country’s first, indigenous rotavirus vaccine launched The Rotavirus vaccine was developed indigenously, under a public-private partnership between the Ministry of Science Technology and the Health Ministry. Why to combat diarrhoeal deaths. How As given in ...READ MORE
The Government of Karnataka has allotted 323 acres of land for the formation of Housing Projects for the members of economically weaker Section of the Society 190 Acres of land has been handed ...READ MORE
The State government’s delay in taking a decision on restoring the ‘conservation reserve tag’ for Kappatagudda in Gadag district has resulted in the ‘Save Kappatagudda’ campaign gaining momentum. Gadag’s Gandhi Circle ...READ MORE
The Karnataka Knowledge Commission (KKC) is coming out with a strategy to utilise Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) technology in the sectors of town planning, crop and forest survey, pollution monitoring, civic operations among ...READ MORE
The North Karnataka Urban Sector Investment Programme (NKUSIP) is the third Asian Development Bank assisted urban development project in Karnataka. The expected impact of the Investment Program is improved urban infrastructure ...READ MORE
Karnataka will launch special drive to curb narcotics
KARNATAKA – CURRENT AFFAIRS – KAS / KPSC
Science & Tech: Silicon identified as ‘missing element’
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Special Agricultural Zone (SAZ)
India’s rotavirus vaccine launched
Urban Development-Construction of Houses for EWS
‘Save Kappatagudda’ campaign begins today
Study group to chart out roadmap for tapping
Urban Development: North Karnataka Urban Sector Investment Programme