- Denmark the least corrupt country, India at 76th position
- India has climbed nine points to rank 76th in this year’s global corruption index topped by Denmark, with watchdog Transparency International calling graft a global “blight”.
- According to Transparency International’s International Corruption Perceptions Index 2015, India is placed at 76th position along with Thailand, Brazil, Tunisia, Zambia and Burkina Faso out of 168 countries.
- India has improved its past year’s position of 85 and has a grade index score of 38 out of a possible 100 which indicates the least corrupt
- The index was prepared by using data from institutions including the World Bank, the African Development Bank.
- According to Berlin-based Transparency International, 68 per cent of countries worldwide have a serious corruption problem and half of the G20 are among them.
- Denmark tops of the index for the second consecutive year as the country perceived as least corrupt. It scored 91 points, while North Korea and Somalia remained at the bottom with unchanged scores of 8.
- The other top spots, from second to ninth, were occupied by Finland, Sweden, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, Singapore and Canada.
- Brazil and Turkey were among nations that tumbled the most. Brazil slid to 76th place, sharing its position with India, down from 69th last year. Turkey fell two spots to 66th, continuing its descent from 53rd place in 2013.
- Global corruption index, a composite index that draws from 12 surveys to rank nations around the globe, has become a benchmark gauge of perceptions of corruption and is used by analysts and investors
The State government has halved the penalty charges for implementation of the Akarma-Sakrama scheme that will regularise unauthorised constructions on government lands in villages and the periphery of urban areas. What ...READ MORE
The passage of 74th CAA has provided new opportunities for urban governance reforms in the country. The municipal bodies have for the first time been provided the constitutional status of the ...READ MORE
Researchers have identified a brain region that links anxious temperament to low social status. In the study, researchers performed a series of experiments on rats to identify the brain areas involved ...READ MORE
New policy on education for children with special needs The Department of Primary and Secondary Education will frame a draft policy on the education for children with special needs. This will ...READ MORE
1)Consider the following on “Zika” Virus a) it is a tick-borne disease b) it is a contagious disease c) it causes headache, muscle and joint pain along with neurological and foetaldeformation known as Microcephaly d) ...READ MORE
Reforming criminals Judgement was given in a majority judgment of the five-judge Constitution Bench led by Chief Justice of India H.L. Dattu observed in the Rajiv Gandhi killers’ remission case. They noted that ...READ MORE
The state Cabinet on 22nd Feb decided to increase the ratio in shortlisting the number of candidates for personality test for gazetted probationers’ examination conducted by the Karnataka Public Service ...READ MORE
The newly adopted Constitution of Nepal might undergo the first round of amendments if the latest round of consultations being held by former Prime Minister Sushil Koirala becomes successful. Two amendments ...READ MORE
Trade Facilitation agreement TFA is divided into three parts. Section 1 contains provisions on simplification of border clearance procedures and adoption of new transparency measures and consists of 12 Articles. These 12 ...READ MORE
Why in News: The Centre’s flagship scheme to distribute free liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) connections to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) families, has received a lacklustre response in the state. In the ...READ MORE
Akrama-Sakrama: Penalty halved, deadline extended
Urban Development – 74th Constitutional Amendment Act
Anxiety is related to social status
Today’s Current Affairs – Karnataka – For KAS
CURRENT AFFAIRS QUESTION 3-02-2016
SC judgement : Remission of sentences
Karnataka: KAS personality test ratio goes up, 1:5
Constitutional amendments underway in Nepal
Trade Facilitation agreement- details and implementation
Not many takers in state for free LPG connections