- Denmark the least corrupt country, India at 76th position
- India has climbed nine points to rank 76th in this year’s global corruption index topped by Denmark, with watchdog Transparency International calling graft a global “blight”.
- According to Transparency International’s International Corruption Perceptions Index 2015, India is placed at 76th position along with Thailand, Brazil, Tunisia, Zambia and Burkina Faso out of 168 countries.
- India has improved its past year’s position of 85 and has a grade index score of 38 out of a possible 100 which indicates the least corrupt
- The index was prepared by using data from institutions including the World Bank, the African Development Bank.
- According to Berlin-based Transparency International, 68 per cent of countries worldwide have a serious corruption problem and half of the G20 are among them.
- Denmark tops of the index for the second consecutive year as the country perceived as least corrupt. It scored 91 points, while North Korea and Somalia remained at the bottom with unchanged scores of 8.
- The other top spots, from second to ninth, were occupied by Finland, Sweden, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, Singapore and Canada.
- Brazil and Turkey were among nations that tumbled the most. Brazil slid to 76th place, sharing its position with India, down from 69th last year. Turkey fell two spots to 66th, continuing its descent from 53rd place in 2013.
- Global corruption index, a composite index that draws from 12 surveys to rank nations around the globe, has become a benchmark gauge of perceptions of corruption and is used by analysts and investors
Irrigation projects in Karnataka poorly executed, says CWC The Central Water Commission (CWC), which studied the drought situation in Karnataka, has taken a serious note of ‘poor execution’ of Centrally funded ...READ MORE
The 2015 Guidelines issued by the Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) would replace the 2011 Adoption Guidelines. These Guidelines are intended to provide for more effective regulation for adoption of orphan, ...READ MORE
India signs MoU with Republic of Korea - bilateral air service cooperation India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with South Korea or Republic of Korea (RoK) after negotiations to enhance bilateral ...READ MORE
ವಿದೇಶಿ ನೇರ ಹೂಡಿಕೆ (ಎಫ್ಡಿಐ) ನಿಯಮಗಳನ್ನು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಸಡಿಲಗೊಳಿಸಿದೆ. ರಿಯಲ್ ಎಸ್ಟೇಟ್, ರಕ್ಷಣೆ, ನಾಗರಿಕ ವಿಮಾನ ಯಾನ ಮತ್ತು ಸುದ್ದಿ ಪ್ರಸಾರ ಸೇರಿದಂತೆ 15 ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರಗಳನ್ನು ವಿದೇಶಿ ಹೂಡಿಕೆಗೆ ತೆರೆದಿರಿಸಿದೆ. ನಿರ್ಮಾಣ ರಂಗದಲ್ಲಿ ಹೂಡಿಕೆ ಮಾಡುವುದಕ್ಕೆ ಇರುವ ನಿರ್ಬಂಧಗಳನ್ನು ಸಡಿಲಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಯೋಜನೆ ಪೂರ್ಣಗೊಳ್ಳುವ ...READ MORE
The State government’s delay in taking a decision on restoring the ‘conservation reserve tag’ for Kappatagudda in Gadag district has resulted in the ‘Save Kappatagudda’ campaign gaining momentum. Gadag’s Gandhi Circle ...READ MORE
Ganga Task Force deployed Ganga Gram Yojana launched As a major initiative towards fast track implementation of Namami Gange Programme the first company of Ganga Task force Battalion was deployed at ...READ MORE
The Mission aims at creating economically productive, efficient, equitable and responsive cities. It is being implemented in the cities of Bengaluru and Mysuru in Karnataka with KUIDFC as the Nodal Agency. The ...READ MORE
State reaches 8-lakh mark in LED bulb sales As the number of LED bulbs sold in the country under the Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) touched the 5-crore mark, Karnataka stood ...READ MORE
Travel time between Bengaluru and Mysuru could be reduced to 90 minutes in the near future if trials with a high speed, tilting train manufactured by Spanish manufacturer Talgo conducted ...READ MORE
Piped natural gas and compressed natural gas will soon be available in Tumakuru, Belagavi and Dharwad districts. Work on the City Gas Distribution (CGD) project has already begun in these districts. Petroleum ...READ MORE
Man-made water crisis in Karnataka: KPSC/KAS 2016 Challengers
Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015
India- South Korea
ವಿದೇಶಿ ಹೂಡಿಕೆ ನಿಯಮ ಸಡಿಲ
‘Save Kappatagudda’ campaign begins today
Implementation Of Namami Gange programme
Urban Development: Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission
Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) and Hosa Belaku
Talgo tilting train- between Mysore Bangalore
Tumakuru, Belagavi & Dharwad districts to soon get