Karnataka unveils booster kit for startups
- In a bid to boost the startup ecosystem, the state government unveiled the Startup Karnataka Booster Kit to provide easy access to necessary software tools and services.
- Startups can get software tools and services such as cloud credits, debugging and testing tools, legal and accounting consultants and mentor service by registering with the Startup Cell set up under the Karnataka Biotechnology and Information Technology Services (KBITS).
- The registered startups will also be assisted in getting various benefits, offered as per the Karnataka Startup Policy 2015-20
- The Startup Cell is a one-stop shop for startups across all sectors. The government has tied up with several big companies like IBM, Amazon, Microsoft BizSpark, Keonics, BSNL, Vodafone and Citrus to extend the services to startups
- The government have set a target to stimulate the growth of about 20,000 technology-based startups by 2020
- A startup can register with the cell by logging on to www.startup.karnataka.gov.in
- The government has planned to fund about Rs 400 crore in the next four years to assist sector-specific startups.
- Besides, the department has set up a Fund-of-Funds with an allocation of Rs 200 crore for investing in venture funds that finance technology-based startups
- Fund-of-Funds will be utilised for the angel-stage funding. An investment committee comprising officials and representatives from the industry will be set up to clear applications seeking financial assistance.
- The government has decided to make use of the startup environment to find solutions to various challenges being faced by it in the social sector.
- The government will fund five technology-based startups (also called grand challenges) a year and give opportunity to implement them on pilot basis. A sum of Rs 15 crore has been set aside for this purpose
- This apart, the department has decided to hold an open house meeting with representatives of registered startups every month to get feedback on various government initiatives. Agenda for the meeting will be set up by the startups. A total of 45 startups will be allowed to take part in the meeting to be chaired by the IT & BT Minister. The first meeting is scheduled for August 16 at GoK-Nasscom 10,000 startups warehouse in Diamond District, off Old Airport road, Bengaluru.
Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot The Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) will launch the Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot from October 1, ...READ MORE
The Mysuru Division of South Western Railways has initiated additional precautionary measures to beef up rail safety following the recent train accident near Kanpur that claimed nearly 150 lives. This includes ...READ MORE
Indian space agency ISRO is aiming for a world record by putting into orbit 83 satellites two Indian and 81 foreign on a single rocket in early 2017. The company’s order ...READ MORE
Travel time between Bengaluru and Mysuru could be reduced to 90 minutes in the near future if trials with a high speed, tilting train manufactured by Spanish manufacturer Talgo conducted ...READ MORE
The Government of Karnataka has allotted 323 acres of land for the formation of Housing Projects for the members of economically weaker Section of the Society 190 Acres of land has been handed ...READ MORE
The Thirteenth Finance Commission has recommended a five year tenure from 2010-11 to 2014-15 for the utilisation of its grants. The grants are released in 2 instalments annually, based on the ...READ MORE
Scientists at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) are working on a high-tech 3D sketching tool that will allow designers to sketch on a 3D canvas with better precision and ...READ MORE
Under Centrally Sponsored UIDSSMT (mission period) scheme, out of the 38 projects sanctioned for the State, 28 projects are completed. The central government has released an amount of Rs.534.97 crore for ...READ MORE
More children in rural Karnataka of the ages three and four were out of school in 2016 than there were in 2014, according to the Annual Status of Education Report ...READ MORE
Do you know what about Dasara Golden Chariot
Karnataka: Mysuru Railway Division Intensifies Track Patrolling
ISRO Eyes World Record With Launch Of 83
Talgo tilting train- between Mysore Bangalore
Urban Development-Construction of Houses for EWS
Rural Development-Rural Infrastructure-Thirteenth Finance Commission Grants & Grama
IISc scientists work on tool for 3D sketching
Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme for Small and Medium
Dropout rate in rural K’taka shot up in
Highlights of the G-20 Summit – 2016