Karnataka unveils booster kit for startups
- In a bid to boost the startup ecosystem, the state government unveiled the Startup Karnataka Booster Kit to provide easy access to necessary software tools and services.
- Startups can get software tools and services such as cloud credits, debugging and testing tools, legal and accounting consultants and mentor service by registering with the Startup Cell set up under the Karnataka Biotechnology and Information Technology Services (KBITS).
- The registered startups will also be assisted in getting various benefits, offered as per the Karnataka Startup Policy 2015-20
- The Startup Cell is a one-stop shop for startups across all sectors. The government has tied up with several big companies like IBM, Amazon, Microsoft BizSpark, Keonics, BSNL, Vodafone and Citrus to extend the services to startups
- The government have set a target to stimulate the growth of about 20,000 technology-based startups by 2020
- A startup can register with the cell by logging on to www.startup.karnataka.gov.in
- The government has planned to fund about Rs 400 crore in the next four years to assist sector-specific startups.
- Besides, the department has set up a Fund-of-Funds with an allocation of Rs 200 crore for investing in venture funds that finance technology-based startups
- Fund-of-Funds will be utilised for the angel-stage funding. An investment committee comprising officials and representatives from the industry will be set up to clear applications seeking financial assistance.
- The government has decided to make use of the startup environment to find solutions to various challenges being faced by it in the social sector.
- The government will fund five technology-based startups (also called grand challenges) a year and give opportunity to implement them on pilot basis. A sum of Rs 15 crore has been set aside for this purpose
- This apart, the department has decided to hold an open house meeting with representatives of registered startups every month to get feedback on various government initiatives. Agenda for the meeting will be set up by the startups. A total of 45 startups will be allowed to take part in the meeting to be chaired by the IT & BT Minister. The first meeting is scheduled for August 16 at GoK-Nasscom 10,000 startups warehouse in Diamond District, off Old Airport road, Bengaluru.
Karnataka Cabinet clears anti-superstition bill The Karnataka Cabinet today cleared the much-awaited anti-superstition bill to prevent and eradicate "inhuman evil practices" and said it would be tabled in the next state ...READ MORE
Second unit of Yeramarus power plant commissioned The second 800-MW unit of Yeramarus thermal plant in Raichur district was commissioned on 30th March. The first unit of the 2x800 MW plant was ...READ MORE
The railways have started installing point of sale (PoS) machines at as many as 73 reservation counters. The facility will also be made available at parcel counters, where payments can be ...READ MORE
‘Skill on Wheels’ programme to kick off from Mysuru The National Skill Development Corporation’s (NSDC) ‘Skill on Wheels’ programme, which seeks to provide information and guidance to budding entrepreneurs and employment-seekers, ...READ MORE
PSLV-C31 successfully put into orbit IRNSS-1E, the fifth satellite of the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) after its succesful launch from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), SHAR, Sriharikota PSLV-C31 ...READ MORE
Home minister G Parameshwara said that the state government has decided to provide five per cent reservation for sportspersons in the recruitments of police department. The government would do everything possible ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Cogeneration is the use of a heat engine or a power station to simultaneously generate both electricity and useful heat. ∗ Co-generation is defined as the combined generation of electric ...READ MORE
Rise in butterfly species Despite the chaos marking the ‘development’ of the city, and erratic rainfall, the number of butterfly species being observed has steadily gone up. In 2013, if 117 species ...READ MORE
The Union Cabinet has approved the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015, as reported by the Select Committee of Rajya Sabha. The Bill will now be taken up for ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 27th
Current Affairs – Karnataka – KAS / KPSC
Karnataka: Railways instals PoS machines at 73 reservation
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 4th Dec
PSLV-C31 launches IRNSS-1E
Karnataka will reserve 5% jobs in police force
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 5th
Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015
Juvenile Justice (Amendment) Bill, 2015