Karnataka unveils booster kit for startups
- In a bid to boost the startup ecosystem, the state government unveiled the Startup Karnataka Booster Kit to provide easy access to necessary software tools and services.
- Startups can get software tools and services such as cloud credits, debugging and testing tools, legal and accounting consultants and mentor service by registering with the Startup Cell set up under the Karnataka Biotechnology and Information Technology Services (KBITS).
- The registered startups will also be assisted in getting various benefits, offered as per the Karnataka Startup Policy 2015-20
- The Startup Cell is a one-stop shop for startups across all sectors. The government has tied up with several big companies like IBM, Amazon, Microsoft BizSpark, Keonics, BSNL, Vodafone and Citrus to extend the services to startups
- The government have set a target to stimulate the growth of about 20,000 technology-based startups by 2020
- A startup can register with the cell by logging on to www.startup.karnataka.gov.in
- The government has planned to fund about Rs 400 crore in the next four years to assist sector-specific startups.
- Besides, the department has set up a Fund-of-Funds with an allocation of Rs 200 crore for investing in venture funds that finance technology-based startups
- Fund-of-Funds will be utilised for the angel-stage funding. An investment committee comprising officials and representatives from the industry will be set up to clear applications seeking financial assistance.
- The government has decided to make use of the startup environment to find solutions to various challenges being faced by it in the social sector.
- The government will fund five technology-based startups (also called grand challenges) a year and give opportunity to implement them on pilot basis. A sum of Rs 15 crore has been set aside for this purpose
- This apart, the department has decided to hold an open house meeting with representatives of registered startups every month to get feedback on various government initiatives. Agenda for the meeting will be set up by the startups. A total of 45 startups will be allowed to take part in the meeting to be chaired by the IT & BT Minister. The first meeting is scheduled for August 16 at GoK-Nasscom 10,000 startups warehouse in Diamond District, off Old Airport road, Bengaluru.
Eco-sensitive zones around state forest patches being redefined The state forest department and the Ministry of Environment and Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) are now redefining the boundaries of eco-sensitive zones ...READ MORE
Urban Housing Housing is evolved as a prime component over the period of time not only in providing shelter but also providing employment opportunities and in development of locations. To meet the growing demand ...READ MORE
Introduction - Why Important Steel is the backbone of any modern economy. The level of per capita consumption of steel is often considered an important index of the level of economic ...READ MORE
Urban Slums The population living in urban slums in Karnataka has raised from 14.02 lakh (2001) to 32.91 lakh (2011) in a decade. This is a rise from 7.8 per cent of the total urban population ...READ MORE
The Centre on 17th November told the Supreme Court that Telangana’s share of Krishna waters must be provided from the allocation determined for Andhra Pradesh before its re-organisation. Attorney General Mukul ...READ MORE
The Supreme Court on 24th March ordered that the stay granted on ritual ‘Made Snana’ performed by people from Malekudiya community in Dakshina Kannada district and elsewhere would continue till ...READ MORE
Drop in married women using modern family planning methods Karnataka has recorded a decline in use of modern family planning methods by married women, with just over 50 per cent of ...READ MORE
Irrigation projects in Karnataka poorly executed, says CWC The Central Water Commission (CWC), which studied the drought situation in Karnataka, has taken a serious note of ‘poor execution’ of Centrally funded ...READ MORE
How is the Union Budget Prepared?
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Urban Development-Urban Housing- KAS/KPSC Exams
Steel Sector in India
Karnataka-Urban Development-Urban Slums
Krishna Water: Karnataka Counters Telangana plea
Karnataka: SC stay on ‘Made Snana’ to continue
National Family Health Survey: Karnataka Related Data
Man-made water crisis in Karnataka: KPSC/KAS 2016 Challengers
Urban Development – Housing Schemes