Karnataka unveils booster kit for startups
- In a bid to boost the startup ecosystem, the state government unveiled the Startup Karnataka Booster Kit to provide easy access to necessary software tools and services.
- Startups can get software tools and services such as cloud credits, debugging and testing tools, legal and accounting consultants and mentor service by registering with the Startup Cell set up under the Karnataka Biotechnology and Information Technology Services (KBITS).
- The registered startups will also be assisted in getting various benefits, offered as per the Karnataka Startup Policy 2015-20
- The Startup Cell is a one-stop shop for startups across all sectors. The government has tied up with several big companies like IBM, Amazon, Microsoft BizSpark, Keonics, BSNL, Vodafone and Citrus to extend the services to startups
- The government have set a target to stimulate the growth of about 20,000 technology-based startups by 2020
- A startup can register with the cell by logging on to www.startup.karnataka.gov.in
- The government has planned to fund about Rs 400 crore in the next four years to assist sector-specific startups.
- Besides, the department has set up a Fund-of-Funds with an allocation of Rs 200 crore for investing in venture funds that finance technology-based startups
- Fund-of-Funds will be utilised for the angel-stage funding. An investment committee comprising officials and representatives from the industry will be set up to clear applications seeking financial assistance.
- The government has decided to make use of the startup environment to find solutions to various challenges being faced by it in the social sector.
- The government will fund five technology-based startups (also called grand challenges) a year and give opportunity to implement them on pilot basis. A sum of Rs 15 crore has been set aside for this purpose
- This apart, the department has decided to hold an open house meeting with representatives of registered startups every month to get feedback on various government initiatives. Agenda for the meeting will be set up by the startups. A total of 45 startups will be allowed to take part in the meeting to be chaired by the IT & BT Minister. The first meeting is scheduled for August 16 at GoK-Nasscom 10,000 startups warehouse in Diamond District, off Old Airport road, Bengaluru.
The Karnataka government took the legislation route to curtail planting of saplings that have adverse effect on environment and ground water. The Legislative Assembly on Thursday passed the Karnataka Preservation of ...READ MORE
Construction of individual household toilets for families in the rural areas who do not have toilets. To improve the standard of living of the rural people and reformation in the health ...READ MORE
1)Consider the following on “Zika” Virus a) it is a tick-borne disease b) it is a contagious disease c) it causes headache, muscle and joint pain along with neurological and foetaldeformation known as Microcephaly d) ...READ MORE
The Centrally-appointed Forest Advisory Committee (FAC) has pulled up the State government for ‘converting’ a reserve forest to gomala land in Belagavi. The recommendations by the 7-member FAC, which comprises officials ...READ MORE
Puttenahalli Lake to get a facelift It will be hard to spot the ‘lake’ in Puttenahalli Lake in Yelahanka, which is currently the city’s only bird conservation reserve. However, the embattled lake ...READ MORE
The state Cabinet approved the implementation of solar power projects under distributed-generation approach wherein electricity generated will be supplied to the local community. The move will help cope with the problem ...READ MORE
Indian space agency ISRO is aiming for a world record by putting into orbit 83 satellites two Indian and 81 foreign on a single rocket in early 2017. The company’s order ...READ MORE
Food and Civil Supplies Minister U T Khader on 27th Feb said that the state government will have to discontinue supply of sugar through PDS if the Centre does not restore its ...READ MORE
The Mission aims at creating economically productive, efficient, equitable and responsive cities. It is being implemented in the cities of Bengaluru and Mysuru in Karnataka with KUIDFC as the Nodal Agency. The ...READ MORE
Kempe Gowda Jayanti fete put off Following the confusion over the date of birth of Nadaprabhu Kempe Gowda, the founder of Bengaluru, the State government has called off the Kempe Gowda ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Law to curtail planting of saplings that
Rural Development- Objectives of Swachha Bharat
CURRENT AFFAIRS QUESTION 3-02-2016
State seeks diversion of Bhutaramanahatti Reserve Forest land,
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka: Solar policy amended by cabinet
ISRO Eyes World Record With Launch Of 83
Karnataka: Govt may stop supplying PDS sugar
Urban Development: Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams