1.Which of the following pairs are correctly matched?
(a) Lepcha handloom-Assam
(b) Monpa wooden mask-Arunachal Pradesh
(c) Larnay clay pottery-Meghalaya
(d) All of the abve
2.Which of the following voting options are available for Indian voters?
Select the correct answer
1. 1,2 and 3
2. 3 only
3. 1 and 2 only
4. None of the above
3.Which of the following statements are true?
1. The United Nations Environment Assembly is the world’s highest-level decision-making body on the environment.
2. The United Nations Environment Assembly was created during the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development, also referred to as RIO+20, in 2012.
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
4.Blue hole is associated with?
(b) Marine environment
(c) Ozone layes
5. A starry dwarf frog, a nocturnal amphibian which sports pale blue spots and brilliant orange thighs has been found in?
a. Himachal Pradesh
b. Jammu and Kashmir
d. Tamil nadu
- All of the above pairs are graphical indication tag owned materials.
2. Ans: c
- Postal ballots – In which a voter exercises his/her franchise through post is available only for people on election duty, armed forces personnel, and electors subject to preventive detention.
- Proxy voting – The option of proxy voting is available only for armed forces, police, and government officials posted outside India.
- The person can authorize another residing in the same polling booth area to cast a vote on his/her behalf.
- This option is currently available for wives of the above-mentioned personnel, but not for the husbands.
- The Representation of the People (Amendment) Bill 2017 that extends the proxy voting to NRIs was passed in the Lok Sabha during 2018, but didn’t see the light in Rajya Sabha and hence got lapsed.
- The United Nations Environment Assembly is the world’s highest-level decision-making body on the environment.
- The Environment Assembly meets biennially to set priorities for global environmental policies and develop international environmental law.
- The United Nations Environment Assembly was created during the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development, also referred to as RIO+20, in 2012.
- Recent UN Environment Assembly is being held at Nairobi, Kenya.
- Blue holes are roughly circular marine cavern or sinkhole, which is open to the surface.
- It has developed in a bank or island composed of a carbonate bedrock (limestone or coral reef).
- The deep blue color is caused by the high transparency of water and bright white carbonate sand.
- Their water circulation is poor and they are commonly anoxic below a certain depth, this environment is unfavorable for most sea life, but nonetheless can support large numbers of bacteria.
5. Ans: c
- A starry dwarf frog, a nocturnal amphibian which sports pale blue spots and brilliant orange thighs has been found in Wayanad district, Kerala.
- The frog has distinct physical characteristics such as its triangular finger- and toe tips, which closely resembled frogs in South America and Africa.