1. Which of the following pairs are true?
(a) Rast Goftar – Dadabhai Naoroji
(b) Sambad Kaumudi- Raja Rammohan Roy
(c) East Indian daily – Henry Vivian Derozio
(d) All of the above
2.Berne convention is associated with?
- IPR protection
- Global warming
- Extinct species
3. Which of the following statements are true?
1.Seaweeds or Marine macro algae are plant-like organisms that generally live attached to rock or other hard substrata in coastal areas.
2. Seaweeds are rich sources of vitamins A and C, and minerals such as Ca, Mg, Zn, Se and Fe.
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
4. Which of the following launched Udhyan abhilasha ?
(b) Ministry of commerce and Industry
(c) Ministry of human resource development
5. Pangong lake is located at?
(b)Jammu and Kashmir
- All of the above are famous newspapers in the pre-independent India.
2. Ans: a
- The Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, usually known as the Berne Convention, is an international agreement governing copyright, which was first accepted in Berne, Switzerland, in 1886.
- Seaweeds or Marine macro algae are plant-like organisms that generally live attached to rock or other hard substrata in coastal areas.
- Seaweeds are nutritious and will play a major role in food security.
- Seaweeds are rich sources of vitamins A and C, and minerals such as Ca, Mg, Zn, Se and Fe.
- They also have a high level of vegetable proteins and omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
- About 844 seaweed species are reported from India, a country with a coast line of 7,500 km.
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), had launched a National Level Entrepreneurship Awareness Campaign, Udyam Abhilasha in 115 Aspirational Districts identified by NITI Aayog in 28 States and reaching to around 15,000 youth.
5. Ans: b
- Pangong Tso Tibetan for “high grassland lake”, also referred to as Pangong Lake, is an endorheic lake in the Himalayas situated at a height of about 4,350 m (14,270 ft). It is 134 km (83 mi) long and extends from India to China. Approximately 60% of the length of the lake lies in China. The lake is 5 km (3.1 mi) wide at its broadest point. All together it covers 604 km2. During winter the lake freezes completely, despite being saline water. It is not a part of the Indus river basin area and geographically a separate landlocked river basin.
- Location: Ladakh Jammu and Kashmir