1. Which of the following statements are true?
1. The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is an international financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset management services.
2. It is a member of the World Bank Group.
3. The IFC is owned and governed by its member countries.
(a) 1 only
(b) 1 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 2 only
(d) 1,2 and 3
2. White Label ATMs are?
(a) Non-bank entities owned ATMs
(b) Cash deposits accepted ATMs
(c) Both a and b
(d) None of the above
3. Which of the following statements are true?
1. Women’s participation in the country’s workforce has had a massive fall from 36.7 % in 2005 to a low 26 % in 2018
2. There are about 19.5 crore women employed in the unorganized sector or in unpaid work in the country.
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
4. Match the following
1. Khurja Super Thermal Power Project A-Uttar Pradesh.
2. Buxar Thermal Power Project B-Bihar.
3. Teesta Hydro Power project C-Sikkim.
4. Kiru Hydro Electric (HE) Project D-Jammu and Kashmir.
5. Web- Wonder Women Campaign is associated with?
(b) Face book
1. Ans: d
• It is a member of the World Bank Group and is headquartered in Washington, D.C., United States.
• It was established in 1956 as the private sector arm of the World Bank Group to advance economic development by investing in strictly for-profit and commercial projects that purport to reduce poverty and promote development.
• The IFC is owned and governed by its member countries, but has its own executive leadership and staff that conduct its normal business operations.
2. Ans: a
• The Reserve Bank of India has allowed white-label ATM operators (WLAOs) to display advertisements pertaining to non-financial products/services within the WLA premises, among others.
• White label ATMs are set up by non-banking entities.
• A report notes that women’s participation in the country’s workforce has had a massive fall from 36.7 % in 2005 to a low 26 % in 2018.
• There are about 19.5 crore women employed in the unorganized sector or in unpaid work in the country.
• The lack of access to quality education and the widening digital divide limits women from gaining employable skill-sets and entering the workforce.
4. Ans: c
• Khurja Super Thermal Power Project- Uttar Pradesh.
• Buxar Thermal Power Project- Bihar.
• Teesta Hydro Power project- Sikkim.
• Kiru Hydro Electric (HE) Project- Jammu and Kashmir.
5. Ans: a
• The Campaign has been launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India in association with the NGO Breakthrough and Twitter India.
• Through the campaign, the Ministry aims to recognize the fortitude of Indian women stalwarts from across the globe who have used the power of social media to run positive & niche campaigns to steer a change in society.
• The Campaign is aimed at encouraging, recognizing and acknowledging the efforts of these meritorious Women.