Database soon of medicinal plants, traditional healthcare
- The State could soon have a modern database of local medicinal plants and knowledge pertaining to traditional healthcare practices created using Geographical Information System (GIS).
- The Health department has evinced keen interest in a project recommended by the Karnataka Knowledge Commission (KKC) that proposes to develop a local medicinal plant herbal pharmacopeia on an Information Communication Technology (ICT) platform.
- In its recommendation – the latest to be submitted to the State government by the commission headed by renowned scientist K Kasturirangan – the panel has suggested the creation of an inventory of herbal medicines and traditional procedure-based therapies using satellite images and GIS.
- By using the latest technology to create a database, we will be integrating traditional community health knowledge and practices with modern science
- While there are hundreds of local herbal remedies, some commonly used include:
- Drinking fresh juice from Giloya shoot with honey, said to provide relief from acidity;
- Having decoction of dry ginger, pippali and amla twice a day, said to provide relief from cold and cough.
- The proposal is to create taluk-level database and documentation.
- To start with, medicinal plant pharmacopeia for Heggadadevana Kote (HD Kote) taluk in Mysuru district, has been proposed.
- Later, it will be extended to other taluks. HD Kote is estimated to be home to 500 medicinal plants in the forest areas of Nagarahole National Park, Bandipur National Park, Karigala, Kalbetta, Kakanakote forest range, among others.
The government, during the Budget session of the Parliament, plans to amend The mining law which is holding up mergers and acquisitions worth thousands of crore in the distressed commodities and ...READ MORE
LNG terminal and pipeline projects at Anjar Topic: GS -3 Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc. IN NEWS: The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the Mundra LNG terminal, the Anjar-Mundra ...READ MORE
The New Delhi International Arbitration Centre Bill Topic: Polity and Governance IN NEWS: The Lok Sabha has passed the New Delhi International Arbitration Centre Bill to set up a revamped International Arbitration ...READ MORE
What is Great Canara Trail A section of the trail a 108 km route from Ulavi to Castlerock, falling within the ambit of Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve is being readied, with the ...READ MORE
Harvesters make it easy for farmers Agricultural fields which otherwise would have been left unploughed are being cultivated now Agricultural fields that otherwise would have been left uncultivated are being worked on ...READ MORE
The 68th Republic Day parade in New Delhi's Rajpath was a colourful affair tableaux from 17 states and Union Territories showcased the varied historical, art and cultural heritage of the ...READ MORE
Karnataka State Health Department issues H1N1 advisory The State Health Department on 12th April issued an advisory asking people not to ignore symptoms of H1N1 and to see a doctor immediately ...READ MORE
ಹಣದುಬ್ಬರವನ್ನು ತಡೆಗಟ್ಟಲು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಮೊದಲ ಬಾರಿಗೆ ರಿಸರ್ವ್ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್ ಜೊತೆಗೆ ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ಚೌಕಟ್ಟು ಒಪ್ಪಂದ ಮಾಡಿಕೊಂಡಿದೆ. ಏನಿದು ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ಚೌಕಟ್ಟು ಒಪ್ಪಂದ?: ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಮತ್ತು ಭಾರತೀಯ ರಿಸರ್ವ್ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್ ಫೆಬ್ರುವರಿ 20, 2015ರಲ್ಲಿ Monetary Policy Framework Agreement ಅಥವಾ ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ...READ MORE
The state Cabinet decided to abolish the Karnataka Goseva Ayog (Cow Conservation Commission) constituted by the previous BJP government in 2012. The panel was set up as part of the State ...READ MORE
MMDR Act of 2015 to be amended
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 1st
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 10th January
Everything you need to know about – “Great
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 28th
India Celebrate 68th Republic Day – Highlights
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
ಹಣದುಬ್ಬರ ತಡೆಗಟ್ಟಲು ಆರ್ ಬಿಐ ಜೊತೆ ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ಒಪ್ಪಂದ
Karnataka Cabinet Okays Abolition of Goseva Ayog
National Power Tariff Policy