Database soon of medicinal plants, traditional healthcare
- The State could soon have a modern database of local medicinal plants and knowledge pertaining to traditional healthcare practices created using Geographical Information System (GIS).
- The Health department has evinced keen interest in a project recommended by the Karnataka Knowledge Commission (KKC) that proposes to develop a local medicinal plant herbal pharmacopeia on an Information Communication Technology (ICT) platform.
- In its recommendation – the latest to be submitted to the State government by the commission headed by renowned scientist K Kasturirangan – the panel has suggested the creation of an inventory of herbal medicines and traditional procedure-based therapies using satellite images and GIS.
- By using the latest technology to create a database, we will be integrating traditional community health knowledge and practices with modern science
- While there are hundreds of local herbal remedies, some commonly used include:
- Drinking fresh juice from Giloya shoot with honey, said to provide relief from acidity;
- Having decoction of dry ginger, pippali and amla twice a day, said to provide relief from cold and cough.
- The proposal is to create taluk-level database and documentation.
- To start with, medicinal plant pharmacopeia for Heggadadevana Kote (HD Kote) taluk in Mysuru district, has been proposed.
- Later, it will be extended to other taluks. HD Kote is estimated to be home to 500 medicinal plants in the forest areas of Nagarahole National Park, Bandipur National Park, Karigala, Kalbetta, Kakanakote forest range, among others.
Bengaluru will soon have 10 zones The splitting of the clunky administration of the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) took a step further with the State government initiating the process of ...READ MORE
Karnataka unveils booster kit for startups In a bid to boost the startup ecosystem, the state government unveiled the Startup Karnataka Booster Kit to provide easy access to necessary software tools ...READ MORE
Floating test-range for missile defence system India is building a unique floating testing range — a huge ship — to overcome the limitations imposed by the land mass for carrying out ...READ MORE
ದೇಶಕ್ಕೆ ಪ್ರಸ್ತುತವಾಗಿರುವ ಎಂಜಿನಿಯರಿಂಗ್ ಮತ್ತು ತಂತ್ರಜ್ಞಾನ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರಗಳ ಸವಾಲುಗಳನ್ನು ಎದುರಿಸುವ ಸಂಶೋಧನೆಗಳಿಗೆ ಅವಕಾಶ ಮಾಡಿಕೊಡುವ ಮಹತ್ವಾಕಾಂಕ್ಷಿ ಯೋಜನೆ ‘ಇಂಪ್ರಿಂಟ್ ಇಂಡಿಯಾ’ಗೆ ಚಾಲನೆ ‘ಇಂಪ್ರಿಂಟ್’ನ್ನು ಐಐಟಿ ಮತ್ತು ಐಐಎಸ್ಸಿ ಜಂಟಿಯಾಗಿ ನಿರ್ವಹಿಸುತ್ತವೆ. ಸಂಶೋಧನೆಗಳು ಇಂದಿನ ಸಮಾಜಕ್ಕೆ ದೊಡ್ಡ ಪ್ರಮಾಣದಲ್ಲಿ ನೆರವಾಗುವಂತಿರಬೇಕು. ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮದ ಉದ್ದೇಶ: ಸಮಾಜದಲ್ಲಿ ಯಾವ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರದಲ್ಲಿ ಹೊಸತನದ ...READ MORE
DOWNLOAD AUGUST 2016 CURRENT AFFAIRS MAGAZINE CLICK HERE Best Current affairs Magazine for all civil services competitive examinations. It is the only magazine that covers National issues, international issues and Karnataka issues ...READ MORE
What causes pilot whales to get disoriented? Pilot whales are highly sensitive to noise pollution, caused by man-made sounds that interfere with echolocation. This makes them susceptible to disorientation from a ...READ MORE
Anthropocene era set in The results, found in a new research. are published in the journal Earth’s Future in London The impact that human beings have made on the Earth in terms of production ...READ MORE
Edutrac is a mobile phone-based real time data collection system. The Union government in association with UNICEF is trying out Edutrac that helps monitoring affairs in schools Dakshina Kannada is among the three districts ...READ MORE
Introduction The norm for providing potable drinking water is 55 litres per capita per day (LPCD) with a provision of 3 litres for drinking, 5 litres for cooking, 15 litres for ...READ MORE
The state government is all set to introduce postgraduate and short-term courses in public health for non-medical staff working in various government hospitals across the state. The Department of Health and ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Startup Promotion by Karnataka Government
Testing ranges for missiles
ಇಂಪ್ರಿಂಟ್ ಇಂಡಿಯಾ’ಗೆ ಚಾಲನೆ
AUGUST MAHITHI MONTHLY CURRENT AFFAIRS MAGAZINE FOR KAS
Beaching of whales
Edutrac- Monitoring attendance in schools
Rural Development – Rural Water Supply – KAS/KPSC
Karnataka Govt to introduce public health courses for