Database soon of medicinal plants, traditional healthcare
- The State could soon have a modern database of local medicinal plants and knowledge pertaining to traditional healthcare practices created using Geographical Information System (GIS).
- The Health department has evinced keen interest in a project recommended by the Karnataka Knowledge Commission (KKC) that proposes to develop a local medicinal plant herbal pharmacopeia on an Information Communication Technology (ICT) platform.
- In its recommendation – the latest to be submitted to the State government by the commission headed by renowned scientist K Kasturirangan – the panel has suggested the creation of an inventory of herbal medicines and traditional procedure-based therapies using satellite images and GIS.
- By using the latest technology to create a database, we will be integrating traditional community health knowledge and practices with modern science
- While there are hundreds of local herbal remedies, some commonly used include:
- Drinking fresh juice from Giloya shoot with honey, said to provide relief from acidity;
- Having decoction of dry ginger, pippali and amla twice a day, said to provide relief from cold and cough.
- The proposal is to create taluk-level database and documentation.
- To start with, medicinal plant pharmacopeia for Heggadadevana Kote (HD Kote) taluk in Mysuru district, has been proposed.
- Later, it will be extended to other taluks. HD Kote is estimated to be home to 500 medicinal plants in the forest areas of Nagarahole National Park, Bandipur National Park, Karigala, Kalbetta, Kakanakote forest range, among others.
City Cluster Development: City Cluster Development (CCD) is an urban led strategy towards promotion of economic and social development under which closely located areas of human settlements are linked together functionally, structurally and spatially to form ...READ MORE
The Rajya Sabha cleared the Juvenile Justice (Amendment) Bill, 2015 The bill lowers the age of a legally defined juvenile from 18 to 16 in the case of heinous crimes.. The Bill ...READ MORE
Provision of infrastructure services is fundamental to economic growth and urban development. Urban infrastructure covers following: Water supply (for drinking, industrial, commercial and public usages), Sanitation (including Sewerage and Drainage), Domestic Energy, Road Infrastructure and Urban Transport. Water ...READ MORE
Karnataka state will get its first air ambulance facility in the New Year. The Chief Minister Siddaramaiah formally launched the air ambulances on 16th Dec, commercial operations will begin in January ...READ MORE
Centre allocates Rs 795 crore drought assistance to Karnataka The Centre on 28th June allocated Rs 795.54 crore as assistance to Karnataka to provide relief to farmers who suffered loss of rabi ...READ MORE
The railways have started installing point of sale (PoS) machines at as many as 73 reservation counters. The facility will also be made available at parcel counters, where payments can be ...READ MORE
Bengaluru’s very own high-yielding tomato varieties of Arka Rakshak and Arka Samrat have helped their researchers bag a prestigious national award. A team of horticultural scientists from the Hessarghatta-based Indian Institute ...READ MORE
2005ರ ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ 12ರಂದು ಜಾರಿ ಜನಸಾಮಾನ್ಯರೂ ಆಡಳಿತ ವ್ಯವಸ್ಥೆಯ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಪಡೆಯಲು ಅನುವಾಗುವ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಹಕ್ಕು ಕಾಯ್ದೆ. ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಹಕ್ಕು ಕಾಯ್ದೆ ಎಂದರೇನು? ನಾಗರಿಕರು ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಬಯಸಿ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿದ ಅರ್ಜಿಯನ್ನು ಪರೀಕ್ಷಿಸಿ, ಅದಕ್ಕೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಪಟ್ಟ ಸೂಕ್ತ ಮಾಹಿತಿಯನ್ನು ನಿಗದಿತ ಅವಧಿಯೊಳಗೆ ನೀಡುವುದು; ಆ ಮೂಲಕ ಆಡಳಿತ ವ್ಯವಹಾರದಲ್ಲಿ ...READ MORE
Food production in Karnataka is set to fall short of the stated target by a whopping 35% in the current financial year on account of successive years of drought. The state ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government took the legislation route to curtail planting of saplings that have adverse effect on environment and ground water. The Legislative Assembly on Thursday passed the Karnataka Preservation of ...READ MORE
Urban Development: City Cluster Development & Heritage Based
Juvenile Justice (Amendment) Bill, 2015
Karnataka Urban Infrastructure – Water Supply
Karnataka: Air ambulance service to be operational in
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka: Railways instals PoS machines at 73 reservation
Bengaluru’s tomato varieties get researchers national award
ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಹಕ್ಕು ಕಾಯ್ದೆ(ಆರ್ಟಿಐ)
Karnataka : Food production set to fall 35%
Karnataka: Law to curtail planting of saplings that