Database soon of medicinal plants, traditional healthcare
- The State could soon have a modern database of local medicinal plants and knowledge pertaining to traditional healthcare practices created using Geographical Information System (GIS).
- The Health department has evinced keen interest in a project recommended by the Karnataka Knowledge Commission (KKC) that proposes to develop a local medicinal plant herbal pharmacopeia on an Information Communication Technology (ICT) platform.
- In its recommendation – the latest to be submitted to the State government by the commission headed by renowned scientist K Kasturirangan – the panel has suggested the creation of an inventory of herbal medicines and traditional procedure-based therapies using satellite images and GIS.
- By using the latest technology to create a database, we will be integrating traditional community health knowledge and practices with modern science
- While there are hundreds of local herbal remedies, some commonly used include:
- Drinking fresh juice from Giloya shoot with honey, said to provide relief from acidity;
- Having decoction of dry ginger, pippali and amla twice a day, said to provide relief from cold and cough.
- The proposal is to create taluk-level database and documentation.
- To start with, medicinal plant pharmacopeia for Heggadadevana Kote (HD Kote) taluk in Mysuru district, has been proposed.
- Later, it will be extended to other taluks. HD Kote is estimated to be home to 500 medicinal plants in the forest areas of Nagarahole National Park, Bandipur National Park, Karigala, Kalbetta, Kakanakote forest range, among others.
Home minister G Parameshwara said that the state government has decided to provide five per cent reservation for sportspersons in the recruitments of police department. The government would do everything possible ...READ MORE
According to the Load Generation Balance Report for 2015-2016 Karnataka would face difficult times in the remaining months of the current fiscal year unless it takes immediate steps to address ...READ MORE
Programmes to control Non communicable diseases National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke (NPCDCS)- which is implemented for interventions up to District level under the National Health ...READ MORE
Solar energy sector The government approved a post facto agreement with Germany to expand bilateral cooperation in the field of solar energy. The Union Cabinet approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to ...READ MORE
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah launched a comprehensive web-based platform showcasing the government's performance and achievements to the citizens. Developed as the Chief Minister's dash board, 'Pratibimba,' which means reflection, will serve ...READ MORE
The Government of Karnataka today said it welcomes Apple Inc.'s proposal to commence initial manufacturing operations in the city. "Apple’s intentions to manufacture in Bengaluru will foster cutting edge technology eco ...READ MORE
ವಾಕ್ ಸ್ವಾತಂತ್ರ್ಯದ ಹಕ್ಕು ಸ್ವೇಚ್ಛಾನುಸಾರವಲ್ಲ, ಆದ್ದರಿಂದ ಮಾನಹಾನಿಗೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಿಸಿದ ಐಪಿಸಿಯ ದಂಡನಾರ್ಹ ಕಲಂಗಳಿಗೆ ಸಾಂವಿಧಾನಿಕ ಸಿಂಧುತ್ವ ಇದೆ ಎಂದು ಸುಪ್ರೀಂಕೋರ್ಟ್ ಸ್ಪಷ್ಟಪಡಿಸಿದೆ. ಮಾನಹಾನಿಗೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಿಸಿದ ಭಾರತೀಯ ದಂಡ ಸಂಹಿತೆಯ (ಐಪಿಸಿ) ಕಲಂ 499 ಮತ್ತು 500 ಹಾಗೂ ಅಪರಾಧ ಪ್ರಕ್ರಿಯಾ ಸಂಹಿತೆಯ (ಸಿಪಿಸಿ) ...READ MORE
Indian Shipbuilding and Ship-repair Industry A Strategy for promoting 'Make in India' initiative The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal for introducing measures to encourage shipbuilding and ship repair industry ...READ MORE
Govt to ensure private firms enforce retirement age rule The labour department will conduct inspections to ensure that employers implement the state government’s decision to enhance the retirement age of employees ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government on Monday launched rural Wi-Fi services in 11 gram panchayats, with Chief Minister Siddaramaiah saying such a ‘digital inclusion’ will give village-level entrepreneurs ready access to online market ...READ MORE
Karnataka will reserve 5% jobs in police force
Power crisis in Karnataka
Non communicable diseases
Government approves pacts with Germany
Karnataka: CM launches ‘Pratibimba’ website to project achievements
Apple may start manufacturing in Bengaluru
ಮಾನಹಾನಿಯ ಸ್ವರೂಪ ಆಗಲಿ ಪುನರ್ವಿಮರ್ಶೆ
Indian Shipbuilding and Ship-repair Industry
Karnataka State Updates for KAS/KPSC Exams – 26th
Karnataka: Rural Wi-Fi for ‘digital inclusion’ of village