- The incidents of cross-border firing have shown a sharp decline after the border guarding forces of the two countries decided to “pick up the phone before picking up the gun”, when the DG-level talks with Pakistan Rangers concluded in September.
- There were only three occasions in the past two months when the ceasefire was violated along the International Border by Pakistan. The ceasefire violations till August stood at 589.
- After the DG level talks of Pakistan Rangers-BSF concluded in September, it was decided that the two forces will communicate and try to resolve any kind of confrontation along the border.
- All the violations were reported in the Hiranagar-Samba sector of Jammu, which has also seen multiple infiltration attempts.
- Like the arrangement reached earlier, the ceasefire violations were recorded and the two sides exchanged the incident report with the help of e-mails and facsimile messages.
- The Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) decided after the DG-level talks was followed and immediately facsimile was sent as well as an e-mail to record the displeasure
- The communication lines were also set up to secure the well-being of the border population, who are the worst affected by ceasefire violations and cross-border firing.
- The two border guarding forces had also decided to initiate new Confidence Building Measures (CBMs) through regular exchange of sporting and cultural troupes and initiation of coordinated patrolling in specific border areas.
- Ceasefire violations by the neighbouring country along the border in Jammu and Kashmir has remained a major irritant in the bilateral ties between India and Pakistan.
- Before the Pakistan Rangers delegation came to talks in September, the Pakistani troops had already violated the ceasefire 11 times in September
The Karnataka government took the legislation route to curtail planting of saplings that have adverse effect on environment and ground water. The Legislative Assembly on Thursday passed the Karnataka Preservation of ...READ MORE
The process of getting fish-catch data related to inland fisheries is expected to get revolutionised with the development of a mobile-based application.The app, which has been developed by the Central ...READ MORE
Earth Summit 1992 Earth Summit 1992 was the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED), commonly known as the Rio Summit or Rio Conference Outcomes Rio Declaration on Environment and Development Agenda 21 Convention ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Govt deposits input subsidy into drought-hit farmers' accounts The government on 14th March took measures to deposit Rs 671 crore to bank accounts of 9.68 lakh drought-hit farmers as input subsidy ...READ MORE
Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Thursday urged Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to grant Rs 500 crore for organising the Mahamasthakabhisheka at Shravanabelagola in Hassan district in February next year. The state ...READ MORE
ದೇಶಕ್ಕೆ ಪ್ರಸ್ತುತವಾಗಿರುವ ಎಂಜಿನಿಯರಿಂಗ್ ಮತ್ತು ತಂತ್ರಜ್ಞಾನ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರಗಳ ಸವಾಲುಗಳನ್ನು ಎದುರಿಸುವ ಸಂಶೋಧನೆಗಳಿಗೆ ಅವಕಾಶ ಮಾಡಿಕೊಡುವ ಮಹತ್ವಾಕಾಂಕ್ಷಿ ಯೋಜನೆ ‘ಇಂಪ್ರಿಂಟ್ ಇಂಡಿಯಾ’ಗೆ ಚಾಲನೆ ‘ಇಂಪ್ರಿಂಟ್’ನ್ನು ಐಐಟಿ ಮತ್ತು ಐಐಎಸ್ಸಿ ಜಂಟಿಯಾಗಿ ನಿರ್ವಹಿಸುತ್ತವೆ. ಸಂಶೋಧನೆಗಳು ಇಂದಿನ ಸಮಾಜಕ್ಕೆ ದೊಡ್ಡ ಪ್ರಮಾಣದಲ್ಲಿ ನೆರವಾಗುವಂತಿರಬೇಕು. ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮದ ಉದ್ದೇಶ: ಸಮಾಜದಲ್ಲಿ ಯಾವ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರದಲ್ಲಿ ಹೊಸತನದ ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government is planning to introduce 100% reservation to Kannadigas in blue-collar jobs in private sector industries across the state. The state labour department has released the draft amendments to ...READ MORE
In News: "A day before confidence vote, President’s Rule imposed" President’s Rule was imposed on Uttarakhand , a day before the Harish Rawat government was to face a test of strength in ...READ MORE
Introduction The norm for providing potable drinking water is 55 litres per capita per day (LPCD) with a provision of 3 litres for drinking, 5 litres for cooking, 15 litres for ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Law to curtail planting of saplings that
Fishery Friends- Karnataka
Kyoto to Paris- All about climate change negotiations
Karnataka: Today’s Current Affairs – 15th March 2017
CM seeks Rs 500 crore from Centre for
ಇಂಪ್ರಿಂಟ್ ಇಂಡಿಯಾ’ಗೆ ಚಾಲನೆ
Karnataka plans 100% quota for locals in private
All you need to know about President rule
Rural Development – Rural Water Supply – KAS/KPSC
National Judicial Reference System