- The incidents of cross-border firing have shown a sharp decline after the border guarding forces of the two countries decided to “pick up the phone before picking up the gun”, when the DG-level talks with Pakistan Rangers concluded in September.
- There were only three occasions in the past two months when the ceasefire was violated along the International Border by Pakistan. The ceasefire violations till August stood at 589.
- After the DG level talks of Pakistan Rangers-BSF concluded in September, it was decided that the two forces will communicate and try to resolve any kind of confrontation along the border.
- All the violations were reported in the Hiranagar-Samba sector of Jammu, which has also seen multiple infiltration attempts.
- Like the arrangement reached earlier, the ceasefire violations were recorded and the two sides exchanged the incident report with the help of e-mails and facsimile messages.
- The Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) decided after the DG-level talks was followed and immediately facsimile was sent as well as an e-mail to record the displeasure
- The communication lines were also set up to secure the well-being of the border population, who are the worst affected by ceasefire violations and cross-border firing.
- The two border guarding forces had also decided to initiate new Confidence Building Measures (CBMs) through regular exchange of sporting and cultural troupes and initiation of coordinated patrolling in specific border areas.
- Ceasefire violations by the neighbouring country along the border in Jammu and Kashmir has remained a major irritant in the bilateral ties between India and Pakistan.
- Before the Pakistan Rangers delegation came to talks in September, the Pakistani troops had already violated the ceasefire 11 times in September
Here is the link for the PDF format: schedule-for-the-year-2017READ MORE
The Mission aims at creating economically productive, efficient, equitable and responsive cities. It is being implemented in the cities of Bengaluru and Mysuru in Karnataka with KUIDFC as the Nodal Agency. The ...READ MORE
What is the scheme - Income declaration scheme How - Who is eligible - Who is not eligible Issue What is the scheme - Income declaration scheme A limited-period Compliance Window to declare undisclosed income or ...READ MORE
Self Employment Programme The Government of India, Ministry of Rural Development has restructured SGSY as “Aajeevika”- National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) and being implemented from 2010-2011. The State Government is implementing this ...READ MORE
Scientific name Falco amurensis Conservation status IUCN- Least Concern Conservation efforts in Nagaland, India Introduction Amur Falcon is a small raptor of the falcon family.Its a small, slender, pigeon-sized bird of prey, and is noteworthy for undertaking ...READ MORE
The Industrial Policy of the state aims at industrialization in backward regions and also development of industrial corridors and identifying potential locations to set up industries. In this context, it is ...READ MORE
National Judicial Reference System (NJRS) is an electronic repository of cases under the direct taxes category or income tax pending in legal forums like the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT), ...READ MORE
For the first time, sugarcane farmers in Karnataka will get prices linked to the sugar recovery percentage of their produce At its meeting in Bengaluru, the sugarcane price board instructed all ...READ MORE
The Health Ministry in collaboration with the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) will start a National Death Registry for information about each and every death in hospitals across ...READ MORE
ಯಾರು ಅಂಗವಿಕಲರು? ದೇಹದ ಯಾವುದಾದರೂ ಒಂದು ಅಥವಾ ಹೆಚ್ಚು ಅಂಗ ಶೇ.40ಕ್ಕೂ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಪ್ರಮಾಣದಲ್ಲಿ ಊನವಾಗಿರುವ ದೈಹಿಕ ಅಂಗವಿಕಲರು, ದೃಷ್ಟಿದೋಷ, ಶ್ರವಣದೋಷ, ಬುದ್ಧಿಮಾಂದ್ಯರು, ಮಾನಸಿಕ ಅಸ್ವಸ್ಥರು ಇವರನ್ನು ಅಂಗವಿಕಲರೆಂದು ಪರಿಗಣಿಸಲಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಅಂಗವೈಕಲ್ಯ ನಿವಾರಣೆ ಶಸ್ತ್ರಚಿಕಿತ್ಸೆಗೆ ಲಕ್ಷ ರೂ.ವರೆಗೆ ವೈದ್ಯಕೀಯ ಪರಿಹಾರ ನಿಧಿ ಈ ಯೋಜನೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಅಂಗವೈಕಲ್ಯದ ...READ MORE
KPSC/KAS EXAMINATION SCHEDULE – 2017 (TENTATIVE)
Urban Development: Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission
New scheme to tackle black money menace- Income
Rural Development-Self Employment Programme
Urban Development – Regional Development
National Judicial Reference System
FRP for sugarcane farmers
Health Ministry – AIIMS to set up National
ವಿಕಲಾಂಗರ ನೆರವಿಗೆ ಹಲವು ಯೋಜನೆ