- The incidents of cross-border firing have shown a sharp decline after the border guarding forces of the two countries decided to “pick up the phone before picking up the gun”, when the DG-level talks with Pakistan Rangers concluded in September.
- There were only three occasions in the past two months when the ceasefire was violated along the International Border by Pakistan. The ceasefire violations till August stood at 589.
- After the DG level talks of Pakistan Rangers-BSF concluded in September, it was decided that the two forces will communicate and try to resolve any kind of confrontation along the border.
- All the violations were reported in the Hiranagar-Samba sector of Jammu, which has also seen multiple infiltration attempts.
- Like the arrangement reached earlier, the ceasefire violations were recorded and the two sides exchanged the incident report with the help of e-mails and facsimile messages.
- The Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) decided after the DG-level talks was followed and immediately facsimile was sent as well as an e-mail to record the displeasure
- The communication lines were also set up to secure the well-being of the border population, who are the worst affected by ceasefire violations and cross-border firing.
- The two border guarding forces had also decided to initiate new Confidence Building Measures (CBMs) through regular exchange of sporting and cultural troupes and initiation of coordinated patrolling in specific border areas.
- Ceasefire violations by the neighbouring country along the border in Jammu and Kashmir has remained a major irritant in the bilateral ties between India and Pakistan.
- Before the Pakistan Rangers delegation came to talks in September, the Pakistani troops had already violated the ceasefire 11 times in September
India and Japan today signed a landmark civil nuclear cooperation deal after talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his counterpart Shinzo Abe, a move that will boost bilateral economic ...READ MORE
Integrated Housing & Slum Development Programme (IHSDP) For taking up Housing and Slum up gradation programme in Non-BSUP cities, Integrated Housing & Slum Development Programme (IHSDP) was launched along with BSUP in December 2005. This programme combines ...READ MORE
Aadhaar Bill Finance Minister Arun Jaitley introduced the Aadhaar Bill, 2016, in the Lok Sabha. Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Bill, 2016 The Bill provides statutory backing ...READ MORE
The State government has borrowed Rs 90,000 crore during the last four years. The total debt stock in 2012-13, when the present Congress government came to power, stood at Rs 1.18 ...READ MORE
In the integrated Union Budget for 2017-18 presented by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in the Lok Sabha on Wednesday, Rs 3,174 crore has been allocated for the South Western Railway ...READ MORE
The Karnataka Knowledge Commission (KKC) is coming out with a strategy to utilise Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) technology in the sectors of town planning, crop and forest survey, pollution monitoring, civic operations among ...READ MORE
Indian badminton ace Saina Nehwal notched up her first title after a career-threatening injury by claiming the Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Goldwith a hard-fought victory in the summit clash on ...READ MORE
4th State Finance Commission’s tour of State Why in News: The three-member Fourth State Finance Commission (SFC), headed by C.G. Chinnaswamy, has begun consulting with experts and urban and rural local ...READ MORE
The Karnataka state has seen 144 acid attack victims since 2003-04. A large number have lost (some partially) their sight and are badly scarred. A majority of the victims are ...READ MORE
India- Japan Sign Landmark Nuclear Energy Deal
Urban Development – Integrated Housing & Slum Development
Aadhar Bill 2016
K’taka: State govt’s debt stock mounts to whopping
Yeshwantpur & B’luru Cantt to be made world-class
Study group to chart out roadmap for tapping
Sports: Saina Nehwal Lifts Malaysia Masters Grand Prix
Karnataka 4th Finance Commission: NammaKPSC classroom session for
Welfare of acid attack victims
State Issues – Solid Waste Management