- The Central Data Centre, Army Cloud and Digi-Locker were launched as a part of the Digital Army programme
- The facility under the Army Cloud includes a Central Data Centre, a Near Line Data Centre, both in Delhi and a Disaster Recovery site for replication of its critical data along with virtualised servers and storage in an environmentally controlled complex.
- This is similar to the Meghraj; the Cloud of National Informatics Centre (NIC) and will provide all Information Technology Infrastructure including servers for computing, storage, network and network security equipment centrally, for automation of Indian Army.
- The latest technologies in the field have been incorporated in the implementation of the first ever Software Defined Data Centre, wherein all the resources could be provisioned to different applications on the Cloud, on click of a button.
- It has already started providing Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) to the pan Army users as the first Cloud service and will soon provide Software as a Service (SaaS).
- With the launching of Digi-Locker, it will provide a secure and exclusive data storage space to all the units and formation headquarters of the Army over its dedicated data network.
- It can be of great use for faster documentation, information and speedy delivery of services.
- The Digi-Locker of Indian Army is similar to e-Locker of Digital India program and has all the advanced features like digital signatures and watermarking.
- This is an important step towards implementation of cyber security as it precludes carriage of soft copies of data on CDs/DVDs and removable media.
- Users can store, share and access the data from anywhere any time on the Army Data Network.
- The infrastructure and platforms being made available for automation and digitisation will catalyse the pace of digitisation in all branches of Army and is a landmark towards transforming Indian Army from platform centric to a Network Centric Force, which would leverage the technology as a force multiplier.
Karnataka: Mysuru Dasara logo unveiled District incharge Minister H C Mahadevappa released the Mysuru Dasara 2017 logo at a meeting of the Dasara executive committee on 31st August. Dasara is scheduled to ...READ MORE
The Government of Karnataka today said it welcomes Apple Inc.'s proposal to commence initial manufacturing operations in the city. "Apple’s intentions to manufacture in Bengaluru will foster cutting edge technology eco ...READ MORE
ಸುಳ್ಳು ಸುದ್ದಿ ಪ್ರಕಟಿಸಿದರೆ ಪತ್ರಕರ್ತರ ಮಾನ್ಯತೆ ರದ್ದು: ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸುಳ್ಳು ಸುದ್ದಿ ಸೃಷ್ಟಿಸುವ ಮತ್ತು ಹರಡುವ ಪತ್ರಕರ್ತರ ಮಾನ್ಯತೆ ರದ್ದು ಮಾಡುವುದಾಗಿ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಹೇಳಿದೆ. ಸುಳ್ಳು ಸುದ್ದಿ ಪ್ರಕಟಿಸಿದ ಅಥವಾ ಪ್ರಸಾರ ಮಾಡಿದ ಆರೋಪ ಸಾಬೀತಾದರೆ, ಮೊದಲ ತಪ್ಪಿಗೆ ಆರು ತಿಂಗಳ ಮಟ್ಟಿಗೆ ...READ MORE
The Aadhaar enrolment in Karnataka reached a milestone on 15th Feb as it crossed the six-crore mark, after over six-and-a-half years after the exercise began. The registration in the State now ...READ MORE
Karnataka Govt planning to hike quota ceiling to 72% Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on 26th March said that his government was exploring the possibility of increasing the reservation ceiling in education and employment ...READ MORE
The Legislative Assembly and the Legislative Council secretariats are finding it difficult to maintain records of speeches and statements made by members on the floor of the Houses. With members of ...READ MORE
Startup India is a flagship initiative of the Government of India, intended to build a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation and Startups in the country that will drive sustainable economic growth and ...READ MORE
BCU to launch India's first dept of cinema studies Bengaluru Central University (BCU) is all set to launch Department of Cinema Studies (DCS) from the next academic year. There are many film ...READ MORE
KEDB to open eco-trails around Bengaluru in August The Karnataka Eco-Tourism Development Board (KEDB) will throw open 10 eco-trails for tourists. These trekking trails include famous and lesser-known hillocks and reserve ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Apple may start manufacturing in Bengaluru
“3rd ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka: Aadhaar enrolment crosses six-crore mark
Karnataka – State Update- KAS / KPSC Exams
State to digitise all legislature proceedings
All you need to know about Startup India
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 2nd
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Budget 2017- 2018 – Highlights