- The Central Data Centre, Army Cloud and Digi-Locker were launched as a part of the Digital Army programme
- The facility under the Army Cloud includes a Central Data Centre, a Near Line Data Centre, both in Delhi and a Disaster Recovery site for replication of its critical data along with virtualised servers and storage in an environmentally controlled complex.
- This is similar to the Meghraj; the Cloud of National Informatics Centre (NIC) and will provide all Information Technology Infrastructure including servers for computing, storage, network and network security equipment centrally, for automation of Indian Army.
- The latest technologies in the field have been incorporated in the implementation of the first ever Software Defined Data Centre, wherein all the resources could be provisioned to different applications on the Cloud, on click of a button.
- It has already started providing Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) to the pan Army users as the first Cloud service and will soon provide Software as a Service (SaaS).
- With the launching of Digi-Locker, it will provide a secure and exclusive data storage space to all the units and formation headquarters of the Army over its dedicated data network.
- It can be of great use for faster documentation, information and speedy delivery of services.
- The Digi-Locker of Indian Army is similar to e-Locker of Digital India program and has all the advanced features like digital signatures and watermarking.
- This is an important step towards implementation of cyber security as it precludes carriage of soft copies of data on CDs/DVDs and removable media.
- Users can store, share and access the data from anywhere any time on the Army Data Network.
- The infrastructure and platforms being made available for automation and digitisation will catalyse the pace of digitisation in all branches of Army and is a landmark towards transforming Indian Army from platform centric to a Network Centric Force, which would leverage the technology as a force multiplier.
The Indian Air Force is commencing its annual exercise, Exercise Livewire, on 31 October 2015. The exercise involves utilization of air assets of all types available with the IAF. The aim of ...READ MORE
Siddaramaiah, who presented the state budget proposals for 2017-18 in the Assembly on 15th March, tried to explain the financial constraints his government faces because of a sluggish economy. This has ...READ MORE
Set up maize procurement centres, govt. urged The Ballari district unit of the Karnataka Rajya Raitha Sangha (Puttannaiah group) has urged the State government to establish maize procurement centres for the ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Mysuru Dasara logo unveiled District incharge Minister H C Mahadevappa released the Mysuru Dasara 2017 logo at a meeting of the Dasara executive committee on 31st August. Dasara is scheduled to ...READ MORE
The reality of urban governance in Karnataka and in India general, in the context of a local government, stands in contrast to the philosophy of the Constitution. The colonial authoritarian structure of city governance continues to ...READ MORE
Till the year 1896, unfiltered water was supplied to Bengaluru city in the Kalyani system from a number of tanks such as Dharmambudhi, Sampangi, Ulsoor, Sankey etc., supplemented by local ...READ MORE
Kalaburagi is now free wifi connected Kalaburagi is now wi-fi connected with the installation of a new, free wi-fi hotspot, at the city's Mahanagara Palike office premises. MP Mallikarjun Kharge inaugurated the ...READ MORE
Karnataka State sets up 7th pay commission The State government on 1st June constituted the seventh pay commission and appointed the former IAS officer Srinivas Murthy as its chairman. Chief Minister Siddaramaiah ...READ MORE
The Government has launched Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) in the country. The aim, objective and salient features of CCTNS are : To fully computerize the process of crime ...READ MORE
Karnataka Budget 2017- 2018 – Highlights
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 29th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Urban Governance & Constitution of a District Planning
BWSSB – Existing Water Supply System Scenario &
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 14th
Karnataka Current Affairs for KAS / KPSC Exams
Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems
India’s naval base in Seychelles