- FAME – India is an abbreviation for Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India
- Government of India approved the National Mission on Electric Mobility in 2011 and subsequently National Electric Mobility Mission Plan 2020 was unveiled in 2013.
- As part of the mission, Department of Heavy Industries has formulated a scheme namely FAME – India (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India).
- The Phase-1 of the scheme shall be implemented over a 2 year period i.e. FY 2015-16 and FY 2016-17 commencing from 1st April 2015
- The scheme shall have 4 focus areas i.e.
- Technology Development,
- Demand Creation,
- Pilot Projects and
- Charging Infrastructure.
- The thrust for the Govt. through this scheme will be to allow hybrid and electric vehicles to become the first choice for the purchasers so that these vehicles can replace the conventional vehicles and thus reduce liquid fuel consumption in the country.
- Government is in the process of setting up public charging stations in various cities where the population of electric vehicles is growing.
- Government is coordinating with various enabling agencies such Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), Oil and Marketing Companies (such as Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum) to support installation of such charging stations at their facilities (Metro Stations and Petrol Filling Stations).
- Further, Government has started pilot projects on renewable energy based fast charging stations. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and Rajasthan Electronics and Instrumentation Limited (REIL) have been entrusted to develop prototypes of such stations which could be deployed in future.
- The scheme will provide a major push for creation of a viable ecosystem of both hybrid and electric technologies vehicles in the country.
- Pure electric vehicle produces around 35%~45% lower CO2 as compared to equivalent gasoline vehicle in India based on the fact that most of electricity produced is obtained predominantly from coal, natural gas and oil (75%~85%).
- In future in view of more and more renewable energy based electricity production in the country, electric vehicles are going to emit lesser CO2 on a Well-to-Wheel basis.
The Mission aims at creating economically productive, efficient, equitable and responsive cities. It is being implemented in the cities of Bengaluru and Mysuru in Karnataka with KUIDFC as the Nodal Agency. The ...READ MORE
What causes pilot whales to get disoriented? Pilot whales are highly sensitive to noise pollution, caused by man-made sounds that interfere with echolocation. This makes them susceptible to disorientation from a ...READ MORE
Around 1,500 Kannada celluloid classics to get a new lease of life Over 1,500 Kannada films produced in the last 80 years will get a new lease of life as the ...READ MORE
The massive campaign for Kallikattu in Tamil Nadu and a similar campaign building up for kambala in Karnataka seem to have opened a Pandora’s box. Now, there is demand from people ...READ MORE
Bengaluru to host global environment, sustainability fest Bengaluru will host the country’s largest environment and sustainability festival from October 2 to October 11. The international environmental festival, ‘Roundglass Samsara Festival 2017’, will ...READ MORE
From March 26th Yeshwantpur-Hassan Intercity Express on new line Trains are set to chug on the new Chikbanavar-Hassan railway line with the railways setting March 26 as tentative date for the inauguration ...READ MORE
∗ Gene theft or DNA theft is the act of acquiring the genetic material of another human being, often from a public place, without his or her permission. ∗ The DNA ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Pulse polio immunisation in two phases To create awareness on the upcoming pulse polio drive among citizens, a rally was organised by the BBMP and the Rotary Club on 31st March. Nursing ...READ MORE
Solar energy sector The government approved a post facto agreement with Germany to expand bilateral cooperation in the field of solar energy. The Union Cabinet approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to ...READ MORE
Rs. 400 crore funding for 100 innovative startups As many as 100 startups will get Rs. 400 crore funding under the Karnataka government’s Elevate programme to fast track the most innovative ...READ MORE
Urban Development: Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission
Beaching of whales
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 10th
After Jallikattu & Kambala, next demand for lifting
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS /KPSC Exams –
Karnataka State Current Affairs – 1st April 2017
Government approves pacts with Germany
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams