- FAME – India is an abbreviation for Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India
- Government of India approved the National Mission on Electric Mobility in 2011 and subsequently National Electric Mobility Mission Plan 2020 was unveiled in 2013.
- As part of the mission, Department of Heavy Industries has formulated a scheme namely FAME – India (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India).
- The Phase-1 of the scheme shall be implemented over a 2 year period i.e. FY 2015-16 and FY 2016-17 commencing from 1st April 2015
- The scheme shall have 4 focus areas i.e.
- Technology Development,
- Demand Creation,
- Pilot Projects and
- Charging Infrastructure.
- The thrust for the Govt. through this scheme will be to allow hybrid and electric vehicles to become the first choice for the purchasers so that these vehicles can replace the conventional vehicles and thus reduce liquid fuel consumption in the country.
- Government is in the process of setting up public charging stations in various cities where the population of electric vehicles is growing.
- Government is coordinating with various enabling agencies such Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), Oil and Marketing Companies (such as Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum) to support installation of such charging stations at their facilities (Metro Stations and Petrol Filling Stations).
- Further, Government has started pilot projects on renewable energy based fast charging stations. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and Rajasthan Electronics and Instrumentation Limited (REIL) have been entrusted to develop prototypes of such stations which could be deployed in future.
- The scheme will provide a major push for creation of a viable ecosystem of both hybrid and electric technologies vehicles in the country.
- Pure electric vehicle produces around 35%~45% lower CO2 as compared to equivalent gasoline vehicle in India based on the fact that most of electricity produced is obtained predominantly from coal, natural gas and oil (75%~85%).
- In future in view of more and more renewable energy based electricity production in the country, electric vehicles are going to emit lesser CO2 on a Well-to-Wheel basis.
Please find below the sample question paper of the previous year test-1 To Register yourself for the Test Series: https://www.instamojo.com/nammakpsc/?ref=profile_barREAD MORE
The Legislative Assembly and the Legislative Council secretariats are finding it difficult to maintain records of speeches and statements made by members on the floor of the Houses. With members of ...READ MORE
The High Court of Karnataka recently expressed displeasure over the dwindling number of policewomen in the state. Justice A N Venugopala Gowda, who is monitoring the recruitment of police personnel in ...READ MORE
In order to ensure that there is no shortage of drugs in State-run health centres and that procurement is directly proportionate to requirement, the Department of Health and Family Welfare ...READ MORE
The State Assembly Secretariat reveals a stellar performance by just three MLAs, all from the Congress S. Rafeeq Ahmed of Tumakuru city, B.M. Nagaraja of Siraguppa, and Prasanna Kumar K.B. ...READ MORE
The passage of 74th CAA has provided new opportunities for urban governance reforms in the country. The municipal bodies have for the first time been provided the constitutional status of the ...READ MORE
The Make in India – Karnataka conference concluded in Bengaluru on Tuesday. Aimed at re-energising the industry and boosting the manufacturing sector, the conference saw the participation of more than 5,000 ...READ MORE
The Mysuru Division of South Western Railways has initiated additional precautionary measures to beef up rail safety following the recent train accident near Kanpur that claimed nearly 150 lives. This includes ...READ MORE
It is possible to get an image or design of your choice embossed on pearls while they are being formed in the oysters - "Image pearl farming” is all about such ...READ MORE
In a development that gives a big boost to the aviation industry in Karnataka, aerospace major Boeing is holding talks with the state government on setting up a new aircraft ...READ MORE
UPSC/KPSC TEST SERIES
State to digitise all legislature proceedings
High Court: Prepare plan for recruiting women police
New Software to Track Supply – Demand of
MLA absenteeism the norm at successive Assembly sessions
Urban Development – 74th Constitutional Amendment Act
Karnataka: Make in India meet concludes
Karnataka: Mysuru Railway Division Intensifies Track Patrolling
Image pearl farming
Karnataka: Boeing in talks with govt to set