- FAME – India is an abbreviation for Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India
- Government of India approved the National Mission on Electric Mobility in 2011 and subsequently National Electric Mobility Mission Plan 2020 was unveiled in 2013.
- As part of the mission, Department of Heavy Industries has formulated a scheme namely FAME – India (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India).
- The Phase-1 of the scheme shall be implemented over a 2 year period i.e. FY 2015-16 and FY 2016-17 commencing from 1st April 2015
- The scheme shall have 4 focus areas i.e.
- Technology Development,
- Demand Creation,
- Pilot Projects and
- Charging Infrastructure.
- The thrust for the Govt. through this scheme will be to allow hybrid and electric vehicles to become the first choice for the purchasers so that these vehicles can replace the conventional vehicles and thus reduce liquid fuel consumption in the country.
- Government is in the process of setting up public charging stations in various cities where the population of electric vehicles is growing.
- Government is coordinating with various enabling agencies such Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), Oil and Marketing Companies (such as Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum) to support installation of such charging stations at their facilities (Metro Stations and Petrol Filling Stations).
- Further, Government has started pilot projects on renewable energy based fast charging stations. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and Rajasthan Electronics and Instrumentation Limited (REIL) have been entrusted to develop prototypes of such stations which could be deployed in future.
- The scheme will provide a major push for creation of a viable ecosystem of both hybrid and electric technologies vehicles in the country.
- Pure electric vehicle produces around 35%~45% lower CO2 as compared to equivalent gasoline vehicle in India based on the fact that most of electricity produced is obtained predominantly from coal, natural gas and oil (75%~85%).
- In future in view of more and more renewable energy based electricity production in the country, electric vehicles are going to emit lesser CO2 on a Well-to-Wheel basis.
Drinking water supply schemes under Rajiv Gandhi National Drinking Water Mission have been formulated in rural areas with surface water as source to tackle water quality problem. Habitations affected by chemical ...READ MORE
What India, Cyprus vow to curb money laundering Why in news? India and Cyprus signed two agreements on combating money laundering and cooperation in the field of environment as President Ram Nath ...READ MORE
The Union Cabinet has approved the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015, as reported by the Select Committee of Rajya Sabha. The Bill will now be taken up for ...READ MORE
50 new taluks from Jan. 1 The proposed 50 new taluks in the State will come into existence from January 1, Revenue Minister Kagodu Thimmappa said on 4th Dec. President Ram Nath ...READ MORE
Pradhana Manthri Gram Sadak yojana (PMGSY) PMGSY was launched in the State during December 2000 with the objective of providing rural connectivity through all weather roads to the habitations having a population of 500 and above. Under ...READ MORE
Inflow in the Netravathi to the Thumbe vented dam, which supplies drinking water to the city, has dropped by 50% in a month. It might force the Mangaluru City Corporation to ...READ MORE
ACB probe sought into delay in setting up waste-to-energy plant The Legislature Committee on Public Undertakings (CPU) has recommended that the government order an Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) probe into the issue ...READ MORE
ಸ್ವಚ್ಛ ಸರ್ವೆಕ್ಷಣದಲ್ಲಿ ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕರ ಸಹಭಾಗಿತ್ವ ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ?ಸ್ವಚ್ಛ ಸರ್ವೆಕ್ಷಣ ಅಭಿಯಾನದಲ್ಲಿ ಬೆಂಗಳೂರಿಗೆ ಉತ್ತಮ ಸ್ಥಾನ ದೊರಕಿಸಿಕೊಡಲು ಬಿಬಿಎಂಪಿ ಈ ಬಾರಿ ಹಲವು ಕ್ರಮ ಕೈಗೊಳ್ಳುತ್ತಿದೆ. ಪ್ರಮುಖವಾಗಿ ಅಭಿಯಾನದಲ್ಲಿ ಬೆಂಗಳೂರಿನ ಸ್ವಚ್ಛತೆ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕರು ತಮ್ಮ ಅಭಿಪ್ರಾಯ ವ್ಯಕ್ತಪಡಿಸುವಂತೆ ಮಾಡಲು ಸಾಮಾಜಿಕ ಜಾಲತಾಣ, ಎಫ್ಎಂ ...READ MORE
'ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ಇ- ಮಾರ್ಕೆಟ್ ಸವೀರ್ಸಸ್ ಪ್ರೈ.ಲಿ' ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ ? ರಾಜ್ಯದ ಎಪಿಎಂಸಿಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ರೈತರಿಂದ ಅವೈಜ್ಞಾನಿಕ ಶುಲ್ಕ ಸಂಗ್ರಹಿಸುತ್ತಿರುವ 'ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ಇ- ಮಾರ್ಕೆಟ್ ಸವೀರ್ಸಸ್ ಪ್ರೈ.ಲಿ' (ರೆಮ್ಸ್) ಸೇವೆಯನ್ನು ರದ್ದು ಪಡಿಸಲು ಸರಕಾರ ಗಂಭೀರ ಆಲೋಚನೆ ನಡೆಸಿದೆ. ಏಕೆ ಈ ನಿರ್ಧಾರ ? ರಾಜ್ಯ ಕೃಷಿ ...READ MORE
Rural Development-Multi Village Scheme Project & Swachha Bharat
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 4th September
Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 5th
Rural Development-Rural Roads InfrastructurePradhana Manthri Gram Sadak Yojana
Netravathi River: Inflow Drop at Thumbe Dam by
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
04th ಡಿಸೆಂಬರ್ 2018 ರ ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನಗಳು
9th ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Non communicable diseases