- FAME – India is an abbreviation for Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India
- Government of India approved the National Mission on Electric Mobility in 2011 and subsequently National Electric Mobility Mission Plan 2020 was unveiled in 2013.
- As part of the mission, Department of Heavy Industries has formulated a scheme namely FAME – India (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India).
- The Phase-1 of the scheme shall be implemented over a 2 year period i.e. FY 2015-16 and FY 2016-17 commencing from 1st April 2015
- The scheme shall have 4 focus areas i.e.
- Technology Development,
- Demand Creation,
- Pilot Projects and
- Charging Infrastructure.
- The thrust for the Govt. through this scheme will be to allow hybrid and electric vehicles to become the first choice for the purchasers so that these vehicles can replace the conventional vehicles and thus reduce liquid fuel consumption in the country.
- Government is in the process of setting up public charging stations in various cities where the population of electric vehicles is growing.
- Government is coordinating with various enabling agencies such Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), Oil and Marketing Companies (such as Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum) to support installation of such charging stations at their facilities (Metro Stations and Petrol Filling Stations).
- Further, Government has started pilot projects on renewable energy based fast charging stations. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and Rajasthan Electronics and Instrumentation Limited (REIL) have been entrusted to develop prototypes of such stations which could be deployed in future.
- The scheme will provide a major push for creation of a viable ecosystem of both hybrid and electric technologies vehicles in the country.
- Pure electric vehicle produces around 35%~45% lower CO2 as compared to equivalent gasoline vehicle in India based on the fact that most of electricity produced is obtained predominantly from coal, natural gas and oil (75%~85%).
- In future in view of more and more renewable energy based electricity production in the country, electric vehicles are going to emit lesser CO2 on a Well-to-Wheel basis.
Trade Facilitation agreement TFA is divided into three parts. Section 1 contains provisions on simplification of border clearance procedures and adoption of new transparency measures and consists of 12 Articles. These 12 ...READ MORE
Tirthahalli taluk in grip of Kyasanur Forest Disease Tirthahalli taluk continues to remain in the grip of Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD), also known as monkey fever, as four positive cases among ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government’s spending on infrastructure development, also called capital expenditure, has declined over the years, mainly on account of shrinking revenue surplus position and slackness in tax efforts. The capital ...READ MORE
The Aadhaar enrolment in Karnataka reached a milestone on 15th Feb as it crossed the six-crore mark, after over six-and-a-half years after the exercise began. The registration in the State now ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government has entered into an agreement with French multinational software company Dassault Systems to impart both short and long-term courses in aerospace and defence sectors using 3D design ...READ MORE
The Agriculture department is working out the modalities to set up Special Agricultural Zones (SAZ) in different parts of the state to provide greater technological and logistic support to farmers ...READ MORE
A draft notification by the Karnataka Department of Labour proposes to revise the common minimum wage for workers in 23 industries early next year This includes those working in industries like ...READ MORE
Irrigation projects in Karnataka poorly executed, says CWC The Central Water Commission (CWC), which studied the drought situation in Karnataka, has taken a serious note of ‘poor execution’ of Centrally funded ...READ MORE
2010-11ನೇ ಸಾಲಿನಿಂದ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ಯೋಜನೆ ಇಂದಿರಾಗಾಂದಿ ಮಾತೃತ್ವ ಸಹಯೋಗ ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು ಪ್ರಾಯೋಗಿಕವಾಗಿ ರಾಜ್ಯದಲ್ಲಿ 2 ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಗಳಾದ ಕೋಲಾರ ಹಾಗೂ ಧಾರವಾಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಜಾರಿಗೊಳಿಸಲಾಗುತ್ತಿದೆ. ಇದರಡಿ ಗಬಿಣಿಯರಿಗೆ ಹಾಗೂ ಹಾಲುಣಿಸುವ ಮಹಿಳೆಯರಿಗೆ ,ಪೌಷ್ಠಿಕತೆ ಕುರಿತು ಶಿಕ್ಷಣ, ಆರೋಗ್ಯ ಸಲಹೆ ಪದ್ಧತಿಗಳ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ತಿಳುವಳಿಕೆ ನೀಡಲಾಗುವುದು. ...READ MORE
Trade Facilitation agreement- details and implementation
Karnataka State Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC
Karnataka Government’s spending on infrastructure comes down
Karnataka: Aadhaar enrolment crosses six-crore mark
Karnataka: B’luru to get Centre of Excellence in
Special Agricultural Zone (SAZ)
Proposal to hike minimum wages in 23 industries
Man-made water crisis in Karnataka: KPSC/KAS 2016 Challengers
ಇಂದಿರಾಗಾಂದಿ ಮಾತೃತ್ವ ಸಹಯೋಗ ಯೋಜನೆ
Marital rape – Need to be criminalised?