- FAME – India is an abbreviation for Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India
- Government of India approved the National Mission on Electric Mobility in 2011 and subsequently National Electric Mobility Mission Plan 2020 was unveiled in 2013.
- As part of the mission, Department of Heavy Industries has formulated a scheme namely FAME – India (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India).
- The Phase-1 of the scheme shall be implemented over a 2 year period i.e. FY 2015-16 and FY 2016-17 commencing from 1st April 2015
- The scheme shall have 4 focus areas i.e.
- Technology Development,
- Demand Creation,
- Pilot Projects and
- Charging Infrastructure.
- The thrust for the Govt. through this scheme will be to allow hybrid and electric vehicles to become the first choice for the purchasers so that these vehicles can replace the conventional vehicles and thus reduce liquid fuel consumption in the country.
- Government is in the process of setting up public charging stations in various cities where the population of electric vehicles is growing.
- Government is coordinating with various enabling agencies such Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), Oil and Marketing Companies (such as Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum) to support installation of such charging stations at their facilities (Metro Stations and Petrol Filling Stations).
- Further, Government has started pilot projects on renewable energy based fast charging stations. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and Rajasthan Electronics and Instrumentation Limited (REIL) have been entrusted to develop prototypes of such stations which could be deployed in future.
- The scheme will provide a major push for creation of a viable ecosystem of both hybrid and electric technologies vehicles in the country.
- Pure electric vehicle produces around 35%~45% lower CO2 as compared to equivalent gasoline vehicle in India based on the fact that most of electricity produced is obtained predominantly from coal, natural gas and oil (75%~85%).
- In future in view of more and more renewable energy based electricity production in the country, electric vehicles are going to emit lesser CO2 on a Well-to-Wheel basis.
The Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) examination shall comprise of two stages:- (A) Preliminary Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the main examination and (B) Main Examination (written examination ...READ MORE
India and Japan today signed a landmark civil nuclear cooperation deal after talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his counterpart Shinzo Abe, a move that will boost bilateral economic ...READ MORE
Team assesses impact of pollution around Byramangala reservoir The pollution levels around Byramangala reservoir are so high that residents around it are finding it difficult to live, said members of the ...READ MORE
Travel time between Bengaluru and Mysuru could be reduced to 90 minutes in the near future if trials with a high speed, tilting train manufactured by Spanish manufacturer Talgo conducted ...READ MORE
Alarm as deadly maize pest seen in State The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has sounded the alarm after the invasive agricultural pest Fall Armyworm ( Spodoptera frugiperda ) was discovered in ...READ MORE
No new schemes, projects can be announced now With the model code of conduct in place, the state government can no longer announce new schemes or launch new projects. Also, schemes already ...READ MORE
An estimated million people are joining India’s workforce every month, thanks to its demographic dividend of a high number of youth in the population. As of now, the only employment data ...READ MORE
Settlements in 110 villages degenerating into urban slums, finds study The infrastructure gap and the disparity in the quality of life between the core area of Bengaluru and the newly added ...READ MORE
The 2015 Guidelines issued by the Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) would replace the 2011 Adoption Guidelines. These Guidelines are intended to provide for more effective regulation for adoption of orphan, ...READ MORE
The Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) examination
India- Japan Sign Landmark Nuclear Energy Deal
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Talgo tilting train- between Mysore Bangalore
Karnataka Current Affairs – 9th August 2018
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 28th
Govt plans to institute one of its kind Annual
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 1st &
Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015
Start ups ecosystem in India