- FAME – India is an abbreviation for Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India
- Government of India approved the National Mission on Electric Mobility in 2011 and subsequently National Electric Mobility Mission Plan 2020 was unveiled in 2013.
- As part of the mission, Department of Heavy Industries has formulated a scheme namely FAME – India (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India).
- The Phase-1 of the scheme shall be implemented over a 2 year period i.e. FY 2015-16 and FY 2016-17 commencing from 1st April 2015
- The scheme shall have 4 focus areas i.e.
- Technology Development,
- Demand Creation,
- Pilot Projects and
- Charging Infrastructure.
- The thrust for the Govt. through this scheme will be to allow hybrid and electric vehicles to become the first choice for the purchasers so that these vehicles can replace the conventional vehicles and thus reduce liquid fuel consumption in the country.
- Government is in the process of setting up public charging stations in various cities where the population of electric vehicles is growing.
- Government is coordinating with various enabling agencies such Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), Oil and Marketing Companies (such as Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum) to support installation of such charging stations at their facilities (Metro Stations and Petrol Filling Stations).
- Further, Government has started pilot projects on renewable energy based fast charging stations. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and Rajasthan Electronics and Instrumentation Limited (REIL) have been entrusted to develop prototypes of such stations which could be deployed in future.
- The scheme will provide a major push for creation of a viable ecosystem of both hybrid and electric technologies vehicles in the country.
- Pure electric vehicle produces around 35%~45% lower CO2 as compared to equivalent gasoline vehicle in India based on the fact that most of electricity produced is obtained predominantly from coal, natural gas and oil (75%~85%).
- In future in view of more and more renewable energy based electricity production in the country, electric vehicles are going to emit lesser CO2 on a Well-to-Wheel basis.
Introduction ∗ The polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is a biochemical technology in molecular biology to amplify a single or a few copies of a piece ofDNA across several orders of magnitude, ...READ MORE
Inflow in the Netravathi to the Thumbe vented dam, which supplies drinking water to the city, has dropped by 50% in a month. It might force the Mangaluru City Corporation to ...READ MORE
The Legislative Assembly and the Legislative Council secretariats are finding it difficult to maintain records of speeches and statements made by members on the floor of the Houses. With members of ...READ MORE
Here is the link for the PDF format: schedule-for-the-year-2017READ MORE
Indian Shipbuilding and Ship-repair Industry A Strategy for promoting 'Make in India' initiative The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal for introducing measures to encourage shipbuilding and ship repair industry ...READ MORE
Karnataka govt aims to generate by 2018-end around 2700 MW from the Pavagada solar park, in a region that has seen 54 droughts in the last 60 years Pavagada Pavagada less than ...READ MORE
ರಾಜೀವ ಗಾಂದಿ ಪ್ರಾಯಪೂರ್ವ ಬಾಲಕಿಯರ ಸಬಲೀಕರಣ ಯೋಜನೆ - ಸಬಲಾ: ಜೀವನದಲ್ಲಿ ಕಿಶೋರಾವಸ್ಥೆಯು ಮಾನಸಿಕ, ಬೌದ್ಧಿಕ, ಭಾವನಾತ್ಮಕ ಬೆಳವಣಿಗೆಗೆ ಸಂಬಂದಿಸಿದಂತೆ ಒಂದು ಪ್ರಮುಖ ಅವದಿಯಾಗಿದೆ. ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ರೀತಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಸೌಲಭ್ಯ ಒದಗಿಸುವುದಕ್ಕಾಗಿ ಹೊಸ ಚಿಂತನೆಯ ರೂಪದಲ್ಲಿ ಕಿಶೋರಿ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಯೋಜನೆ ಹಾಗು ಪ್ರಾಯಪೂರ್ವ ಬಾಲಕಿಯರಿಗೆ ...READ MORE
Revenue surplus is Rs. 8,751 cr. in the first six months of financial year 2016-17 Karnataka has a comfortable cash position and there is no need to avail loans from the ...READ MORE
DOWNLOAD AUGUST 2016 CURRENT AFFAIRS MAGAZINE CLICK HERE Best Current affairs Magazine for all civil services competitive examinations. It is the only magazine that covers National issues, international issues and Karnataka issues ...READ MORE
POLYMERASE CHAIN REACTION [PCR]
Netravathi River: Inflow Drop at Thumbe Dam by
State to digitise all legislature proceedings
KPSC/KAS EXAMINATION SCHEDULE – 2017 (TENTATIVE)
Indian Shipbuilding and Ship-repair Industry
The world’s largest solar park is shaping up
Karnataka: Mid-Year Review Shows State Cash Happy
AUGUST MAHITHI MONTHLY CURRENT AFFAIRS MAGAZINE FOR KAS