- FAME – India is an abbreviation for Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India
- Government of India approved the National Mission on Electric Mobility in 2011 and subsequently National Electric Mobility Mission Plan 2020 was unveiled in 2013.
- As part of the mission, Department of Heavy Industries has formulated a scheme namely FAME – India (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India).
- The Phase-1 of the scheme shall be implemented over a 2 year period i.e. FY 2015-16 and FY 2016-17 commencing from 1st April 2015
- The scheme shall have 4 focus areas i.e.
- Technology Development,
- Demand Creation,
- Pilot Projects and
- Charging Infrastructure.
- The thrust for the Govt. through this scheme will be to allow hybrid and electric vehicles to become the first choice for the purchasers so that these vehicles can replace the conventional vehicles and thus reduce liquid fuel consumption in the country.
- Government is in the process of setting up public charging stations in various cities where the population of electric vehicles is growing.
- Government is coordinating with various enabling agencies such Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), Oil and Marketing Companies (such as Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum) to support installation of such charging stations at their facilities (Metro Stations and Petrol Filling Stations).
- Further, Government has started pilot projects on renewable energy based fast charging stations. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and Rajasthan Electronics and Instrumentation Limited (REIL) have been entrusted to develop prototypes of such stations which could be deployed in future.
- The scheme will provide a major push for creation of a viable ecosystem of both hybrid and electric technologies vehicles in the country.
- Pure electric vehicle produces around 35%~45% lower CO2 as compared to equivalent gasoline vehicle in India based on the fact that most of electricity produced is obtained predominantly from coal, natural gas and oil (75%~85%).
- In future in view of more and more renewable energy based electricity production in the country, electric vehicles are going to emit lesser CO2 on a Well-to-Wheel basis.
Team assesses impact of pollution around Byramangala reservoir The pollution levels around Byramangala reservoir are so high that residents around it are finding it difficult to live, said members of the ...READ MORE
Dam Safety Bill Topic: Government Policies IN NEWS: The government introduced the Dam Safety Bill, 2018 in the Lok Sabha which will enable the States and Union Territories to adopt uniform procedures to ...READ MORE
India is home to the largest child population in the world, with almost 42 per cent of the total population under eighteen years of age One of the issues marring this ...READ MORE
100% use of VVPAT for Lok Sabha polls: EC Topic: Polity and Governance In News: The Election Commission informed the Madras High Court that it had made it clear way back in ...READ MORE
Accessible India, Empowered India”,is a scheme aimed at ease of access for persons with disabilities in government buildings and public transport. It is the responsibility of the signatories to the UN ...READ MORE
Lokpal Topic: Polity and Governance IN NEWS: The government informed the Supreme Court that a search committee had been constituted for zeroing in on eligible candidates for the Lokpal, and it ...READ MORE
2022ಕ್ಕೆ ಮಾನವ ಸಹಿತ ಬಾಹ್ಯಾಕಾಶ ಯಾನ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಬಾಹ್ಯಾಕಾಶ ವಿಜ್ಞಾನದಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾರತ ಎಂದಿಗೂ ಮುಂದಿರುತ್ತದೆ. 2022ಕ್ಕೆ ದೇಶಕ್ಕೆ ಸ್ವಾತಂತ್ರ್ಯ ಬಂದು 75 ವರ್ಷಗಳು ಪೂರ್ಣಗೊಳ್ಳುತ್ತದೆ. ಸಾಧ್ಯವಾದರೆ ಅದಕ್ಕಿಂತಲೂ ಮೊದಲೇ ಭಾರತ ಪುತ್ರ ಅಥವಾ ಪುತ್ರಿಯನ್ನು ಅಂತರಿಕ್ಷ ಯಾತ್ರೆಗ ಕಳುಹಿಸಲಾಗುತ್ತದೆ ಎಂದು ಮೋದಿ ...READ MORE
NTCA rejects Hubballi-Ankola railway line proposal again The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA), in its second site inspection report, has recommended for “complete abatement” of the Hubballi–Ankola railway line project. This is ...READ MORE
ಮ್ಯಾಡಮ್ ಟುಸ್ಸಾಡ್ಸ್ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಯೋಗ ಗುರು ಬಾಬಾ ರಾಮ್ ದೇವ್ ಮತ್ತೊಂದು ಅಪರೂಪದ ಗೌರವಕ್ಕೆ ಪಾತ್ರರಾಗುತ್ತಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ಲಂಡನ್ನ ವಿಶ್ವವಿಖ್ಯಾತ ಮ್ಯಾಡಮ್ ಟುಸ್ಸಾಡ್ಸ್ನಲ್ಲಿ ಅವರ ಮೇಣದ ಪ್ರತಿಮೆಯನ್ನು ಸ್ಥಾಪಿಸಲಾಗುತ್ತಿದ್ದು ಈ ಸಂಬಂಧ 20 ಸದಸ್ಯರ ತಂಡ ಆಗಮಿಸಿ ಬಾಬಾ ರಾಮ್ ದೇವ್ ಅವರ ...READ MORE
Experts warn of ecological damage, oppose expansion of Tadadi port Marine experts and faculty of the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) have urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi not to grant environmental ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 13th December
Protection of Children from Sexual Offences
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 6th February
Accessible India campaign
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 5th January
“16th ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 10th
“26th ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams