- FAME – India is an abbreviation for Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India
- Government of India approved the National Mission on Electric Mobility in 2011 and subsequently National Electric Mobility Mission Plan 2020 was unveiled in 2013.
- As part of the mission, Department of Heavy Industries has formulated a scheme namely FAME – India (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India).
- The Phase-1 of the scheme shall be implemented over a 2 year period i.e. FY 2015-16 and FY 2016-17 commencing from 1st April 2015
- The scheme shall have 4 focus areas i.e.
- Technology Development,
- Demand Creation,
- Pilot Projects and
- Charging Infrastructure.
- The thrust for the Govt. through this scheme will be to allow hybrid and electric vehicles to become the first choice for the purchasers so that these vehicles can replace the conventional vehicles and thus reduce liquid fuel consumption in the country.
- Government is in the process of setting up public charging stations in various cities where the population of electric vehicles is growing.
- Government is coordinating with various enabling agencies such Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), Oil and Marketing Companies (such as Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum) to support installation of such charging stations at their facilities (Metro Stations and Petrol Filling Stations).
- Further, Government has started pilot projects on renewable energy based fast charging stations. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and Rajasthan Electronics and Instrumentation Limited (REIL) have been entrusted to develop prototypes of such stations which could be deployed in future.
- The scheme will provide a major push for creation of a viable ecosystem of both hybrid and electric technologies vehicles in the country.
- Pure electric vehicle produces around 35%~45% lower CO2 as compared to equivalent gasoline vehicle in India based on the fact that most of electricity produced is obtained predominantly from coal, natural gas and oil (75%~85%).
- In future in view of more and more renewable energy based electricity production in the country, electric vehicles are going to emit lesser CO2 on a Well-to-Wheel basis.
The State Cabinet gave its nod for incorporating several changes in the panchayat raj legislation Amendments are based on the recommendations made by a committee headed by former speaker K R Ramesh Kumar. The ...READ MORE
For the first time, the secretariat has allowed the MLAs to either WhatsApp or e-mail their questions. This facility is introduced for the session starting February 6. Of the 224 MLAs, ...READ MORE
The "Start up India Stand up India" initiative was announced by the PrimeMinister in his address to the nation on 15th August, 2015. The Stand up India component is anchored ...READ MORE
Citizens can apply online for regularisation of their properties under the Akrama-Sakrama scheme may have to wait at least a week as the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is yet to ...READ MORE
To monitor vehicular pollution, the Karnataka State Pollution Control Board (KSPCB) on 16th Nov launched 12 vehicles fitted with sophisticated emission monitoring equipment. KSPCB chairman Lakshman said the vehicles are fitted ...READ MORE
Karnataka Agri Business and Food Processing Policy 2015 is aimed at positioning Karnataka in a sustained growth path in the field of agricultural and allied sectors through global technologies and innovative ...READ MORE
INS Khanderi, second of the Scorpene class submarine, was launched in Mumbai on Thursday. The submarine, which was launched at the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL), will undergo trials before being inducted ...READ MORE
The state government is gearing up to set up a mini hydel project next to the Cauvery Wildlife Sanctuary, an elephant corridor, even as cases of jumbos straying out of ...READ MORE
In an attempt to overcome severe power shortage faced by the state and to save power, Chief minister launched an ambitious programme of the Energy department called 'Hosa Belaku - ...READ MORE
The Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015 was passed by the Parliament recently The provisions of the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Act, 2015 shall be deemed to have come into force on the ...READ MORE
Gram Swaraj Panchayat Raj bill, 2015
Poor response from MLAs to e-governance initiatives
Stand Up India Scheme approved
Akrama-Sakrama online process to start after a week
Karnataka State Government Launches Mobile Units To Check
Karnataka Agri Business and Food Processing Policy 2015
India’s Second Scorpene Submarine “Khanderi” Launched
Karnataka: Govt to set up hydel project in
Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015 notified