- FAME – India is an abbreviation for Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India
- Government of India approved the National Mission on Electric Mobility in 2011 and subsequently National Electric Mobility Mission Plan 2020 was unveiled in 2013.
- As part of the mission, Department of Heavy Industries has formulated a scheme namely FAME – India (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India).
- The Phase-1 of the scheme shall be implemented over a 2 year period i.e. FY 2015-16 and FY 2016-17 commencing from 1st April 2015
- The scheme shall have 4 focus areas i.e.
- Technology Development,
- Demand Creation,
- Pilot Projects and
- Charging Infrastructure.
- The thrust for the Govt. through this scheme will be to allow hybrid and electric vehicles to become the first choice for the purchasers so that these vehicles can replace the conventional vehicles and thus reduce liquid fuel consumption in the country.
- Government is in the process of setting up public charging stations in various cities where the population of electric vehicles is growing.
- Government is coordinating with various enabling agencies such Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), Oil and Marketing Companies (such as Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum) to support installation of such charging stations at their facilities (Metro Stations and Petrol Filling Stations).
- Further, Government has started pilot projects on renewable energy based fast charging stations. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and Rajasthan Electronics and Instrumentation Limited (REIL) have been entrusted to develop prototypes of such stations which could be deployed in future.
- The scheme will provide a major push for creation of a viable ecosystem of both hybrid and electric technologies vehicles in the country.
- Pure electric vehicle produces around 35%~45% lower CO2 as compared to equivalent gasoline vehicle in India based on the fact that most of electricity produced is obtained predominantly from coal, natural gas and oil (75%~85%).
- In future in view of more and more renewable energy based electricity production in the country, electric vehicles are going to emit lesser CO2 on a Well-to-Wheel basis.
ಅನುಪಾತ (ಸಿಎಸ್ಆರ್), ಇಳಿಕೆ ಪ್ರವೃತ್ತಿ, 1961 ರಲ್ಲಿ 1000 ಹುಡುಗಿಯರಿಗೆ 0-6 ವರ್ಷಗಳ ವಯಸ್ಸಿನ ಹುಡುಗರ ಸಂಖ್ಯೆ ನಡುವೆ ವ್ಯಾಖ್ಯಾನಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ . ಮಕ್ಕಳ ಲಿಂಗ ಎನಿಕೆಯು 1991 ರಲ್ಲಿ 945, 2001 ರಲ್ಲಿ 927, ಮತ್ತು ಅವ್ಯಾಹತವಾಗಿ 2011 ರಲ್ಲಿ 918 ಗೆ ...READ MORE
Through the Android app launched by the Ministry of Ayush, the Karnataka State Medicinal Plants Authority (KaMPA) can check whether spices like cinnamon have been obtained from trees growing in ...READ MORE
Karnataka MobileOne, the flagship application launched by the State government in 2014, bagged the Gold award at the World Governance Summit in Dubai Secretary, Department of e-Governance, Srivatsa Krishna, received the ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Geothermal energy is thermal energy generated and stored in the Earth. Thermal energy is the energy that determines the temperature of matter. ∗ The Geothermal energy of the Earth's crust ...READ MORE
Here is the link for the PDF format: schedule-for-the-year-2017READ MORE
The state forest department has issued a notification allowing culling of wild boars in Ramanagara distric, by declaring them vermin. The notification issued by the Ramanagara forest office which has legalized the ...READ MORE
ಕಿಶೋರಿ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಯೋಜನೆಯು ಸಬಲಾ ಅನುಷ್ಠಾನಗೊಳ್ಳುತ್ತಿರುವ ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಗಳನ್ನು ಹೊರತುಪಡಿಸಿ ಉಳಿದ 21 ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಗಳ 128 ಸಮಗ್ರ ಶಿಶು ಅಬಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ಯೋಜನೆಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಅನುಷ್ಠಾನಗೊಳಿಸಲಾಗುತ್ತಿದೆ. ಈ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮದಡಿ ಪ್ರತಿ ವರ್ಷ ಐಸಿಡಿಎಸ್ ಯೋಜನೆಯಡಿ 180 ಪ್ರಾಯಪೂರ್ವ ಬಾಲಕಿಯರಿಗೆ 5 ದಿನಗಳ ವಸತಿಯುತ ತರಬೇತಿಯನ್ನು ತಾಲ್ಲೂಕುಮಟ್ಟದ ತರಬೇತುದಾರರಿಂದ ...READ MORE
After a dismal 2015 of mass refugee flows, war and catastrophe, leading U.N. agencies and their partners announced that they are seeking over $20 billion in funding next year — ...READ MORE
Introduction - Why Important Steel is the backbone of any modern economy. The level of per capita consumption of steel is often considered an important index of the level of economic ...READ MORE
ಬೇಟಿ ಬಚಾವೊ, ಬೇಟಿ ಪಢಾವ್
e-Charak app – Forest dept gets set to
Karnataka MobileOne bags award
KPSC/KAS EXAMINATION SCHEDULE – 2017 (TENTATIVE)
Department allows farmers in Ramanagara district to kill
ಕಿಶೋರಿ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಯೋಜನೆ
UN agencies appeal for humanitarian funding
Steel Sector in India
Trade Facilitation Agreement