- Gross Domestic Product was 7.6 per cent in the second quarter of the last fiscal.
- The Indian economy grew at 7.3 per cent in the September quarter of current fiscal, up from 7.1 per cent in the previous three months, mainly on improved performance of manufacturing, services and trade sectors.
- Gross domestic product grew by 7.3% in the quarter ended September, a slight increase from the previous quarter and much stronger than China’s 6.7%.
- That means India is still the fastest growing major economy in the world.
- The boom could come to an abrupt halt, however, when data for the current October-December quarter is published early next year.
- That’s because a bombshell announcement on Nov. 8 scrapping the 500 and 1,000 rupee notes has drained billions of dollars worth of cash from the economy.
- According to the data released by the Central Statistics Office (CSO), the Gross Value Added (GVA), which is estimated at the basic price, showed a growth of 7.1 per cent in the second quarter of 2016-17, compared to 7.3 per in the year ago period.
- The GDP growth data is calculated under the new methodology at market price, while GVA is calculated primarily at factor cost. GDP is GVA plus taxes on products, minus subsidies on them.
- The sectors which registered growth of over 7 per cent in July-September quarter are public administration, defence and other services, financial, insurance, real estate and professional services, manufacturing and trade, hotels and transport and communication and services related to broadcasting.
- Growth in agriculture and mining and quarrying and construction is estimated to be 1.8 per cent and 1.5 per cent respectively. Forestry and fishing sector declined by 0.4 per cent.
- Analysts estimate growth over the next two quarters could drop by as much as 1% or more. Fitch Ratings this week cut its growth forecast for the current financial year to 6.9% from 7.4%.
- But if India succeeds in bringing more “black money” into the banking system, and getting a bump in tax revenues as a result, it could remain an attractive bet for foreign investors, particularly if it presses ahead with other reforms.
Govt. shelves plan to involve private developers in housing project The State government, which plans to construct one lakh houses for the poor in Bengaluru, has decided to drop the revenue-sharing ...READ MORE
ಭಾರತೀಯ ಪುರಾತತ್ವ ಇಲಾಖೆ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ತಾಜ್ ಸಂರಕ್ಷಣೆಗೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಿಸಿ ನಡೆದ ವಿಚಾರಣೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಎಎಸ್ಐಯನ್ನು ಸುಪ್ರೀಂ ಕೋರ್ಟ್ ತರಾಟೆಗೆ ತೆಗೆದುಕೊಂಡಿತು. ವಿಶ್ವಪ್ರಸಿದ್ಧ ಪ್ರೇಮ ಸ್ಮಾರಕ, ಅಮೃತಶಿಲೆಯ ತಾಜ್ಮಹಲ್ನ ಗೋಡೆಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಕಾಣಿಸಿಕೊಂಡಿರುವ ಪಾಚಿ ಆತಂಕಕ್ಕೆ ಕಾರಣವಾಗಿದೆ. ತಾಜ್ಮಹಲ್ನ ಇತ್ತೀಚಿನ ಚಿತ್ರಗಳನ್ನು ಪರಿಶೀಲಿಸಿದ ಪೀಠವು, ಗೋಡೆಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಕ್ರಿಮಿ ...READ MORE
The cultural carnival, ‘Hampi Utsav’ was off to a colourful start at Eduru Basavanna main stage at Hampi, once the capital of the mighty Vijayanagara empire, on Thursday with Chief ...READ MORE
ಎಲೆಕ್ಷ ನ್ ಇನ್ಫೋ- ಬಿ ಫಾರಂಗೆ ಯಾಕಿಷ್ಟು ಮಹತ್ವ? ಪಕ್ಷ ಗಳು ತಮ್ಮ ಅಭ್ಯರ್ಥಿಗಳನ್ನು ಅಂತಿಮಗೊಳಿಸಿದ ಬಳಿಕ ವ್ಯಾಪಕವಾಗಿ ಕೇಳಿ ಬರುವ ಪದವೇ ಬಿ -ಫಾರಂ. ಯಾವುದೇ ಅಭ್ಯರ್ಥಿ ರಾಜಕೀಯ ಪಕ್ಷ ದ ಅಧಿಕೃತ ಅಭ್ಯರ್ಥಿ ಎಂದು ಗುರುತಿಸಲು ಇದು ಮಹತ್ವದ ಪಾತ್ರ ...READ MORE
The Centre on 17th November told the Supreme Court that Telangana’s share of Krishna waters must be provided from the allocation determined for Andhra Pradesh before its re-organisation. Attorney General Mukul ...READ MORE
About World Radio Day World Radio Day is observed on February 13 to celebrate radio as a medium to promote and access information. After originally proposed by the Kingdom of Spain, UNESCO ...READ MORE
The newly adopted Constitution of Nepal might undergo the first round of amendments if the latest round of consultations being held by former Prime Minister Sushil Koirala becomes successful. Two amendments ...READ MORE
The famed Mysore Dasara also called the Nadahabba (state-festival) of the state is scheduled to be held from October 1 to 11, this year and here is what you should know. Poet Kanavi to ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 11th
“10th ಮೇ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Cultural carnival Hampi Utsav off to a colourful
“20th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Krishna Water: Karnataka Counters Telangana plea
World Radio Day 2017 – ‘Radio is You’!
KPSC Mains Paper
Constitutional amendments underway in Nepal
Mysore Dasara: An insight into the Nadahabba
Amritsar’s Partition museum