- Gross Domestic Product was 7.6 per cent in the second quarter of the last fiscal.
- The Indian economy grew at 7.3 per cent in the September quarter of current fiscal, up from 7.1 per cent in the previous three months, mainly on improved performance of manufacturing, services and trade sectors.
- Gross domestic product grew by 7.3% in the quarter ended September, a slight increase from the previous quarter and much stronger than China’s 6.7%.
- That means India is still the fastest growing major economy in the world.
- The boom could come to an abrupt halt, however, when data for the current October-December quarter is published early next year.
- That’s because a bombshell announcement on Nov. 8 scrapping the 500 and 1,000 rupee notes has drained billions of dollars worth of cash from the economy.
- According to the data released by the Central Statistics Office (CSO), the Gross Value Added (GVA), which is estimated at the basic price, showed a growth of 7.1 per cent in the second quarter of 2016-17, compared to 7.3 per in the year ago period.
- The GDP growth data is calculated under the new methodology at market price, while GVA is calculated primarily at factor cost. GDP is GVA plus taxes on products, minus subsidies on them.
- The sectors which registered growth of over 7 per cent in July-September quarter are public administration, defence and other services, financial, insurance, real estate and professional services, manufacturing and trade, hotels and transport and communication and services related to broadcasting.
- Growth in agriculture and mining and quarrying and construction is estimated to be 1.8 per cent and 1.5 per cent respectively. Forestry and fishing sector declined by 0.4 per cent.
- Analysts estimate growth over the next two quarters could drop by as much as 1% or more. Fitch Ratings this week cut its growth forecast for the current financial year to 6.9% from 7.4%.
- But if India succeeds in bringing more “black money” into the banking system, and getting a bump in tax revenues as a result, it could remain an attractive bet for foreign investors, particularly if it presses ahead with other reforms.
The Channapatna handcraft can be traced to the reign of Tipu Sultan who invited artisans from Persia to train local artisans in the making of the wooden toys. The traditional wooden ...READ MORE
ರೈಲ್ವೆ: ದೂರು ನೀಡಲು ‘ಮದದ್’ ರೈಲು ಪ್ರಯಾಣಿಕರು ಇನ್ನುಮುಂದೆ ತಮ್ಮ ದೂರುಗಳನ್ನು ದಾಖಲಿಸಲು ಟ್ವಿಟರ್, ಫೇಸ್ಬುಕ್, ಸಹಾಯವಾಣಿ ಇವುಗಳನ್ನು ಬಳಸುವ ಅವಶ್ಯವಿಲ್ಲ. ದೂರು, ಅಹವಾಲುಗಳನ್ನು ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಲು ಅನುಕೂಲವಾಗುವಂತೆ ‘ಪ್ರಯಾಣದ ವೇಳೆ ನೆರವಿಗೆ ಮೊಬೈಲ್ ಆ್ಯಪ್’ (ಮದದ್=ಸಹಾಯ) ಎಂಬ ಹೆಸರಿನ ಮೊಬೈಲ್ ಆ್ಯಪ್ ಅನ್ನು ...READ MORE
HELLO FRIENDS, KPSC will be conducting the first round of GAZETTED PROBATIONARY EXAMINATION (Preliminary round) to fill 400+ GROUP A AND GROUP B POSTS IN VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS. With regard to this, Team NammaKPSC ...READ MORE
The massive campaign for Kallikattu in Tamil Nadu and a similar campaign building up for kambala in Karnataka seem to have opened a Pandora’s box. Now, there is demand from people ...READ MORE
Brazil says the number of babies born with microcephaly or abnormally small heads since October has now reached nearly 4,000. The authorities there believe the increase is caused by an outbreak ...READ MORE
Integrated Housing & Slum Development Programme (IHSDP) For taking up Housing and Slum up gradation programme in Non-BSUP cities, Integrated Housing & Slum Development Programme (IHSDP) was launched along with BSUP in December 2005. This programme combines ...READ MORE
Home minister G Parameshwara said that the state government has decided to provide five per cent reservation for sportspersons in the recruitments of police department. The government would do everything possible ...READ MORE
Karnataka govt aims to generate by 2018-end around 2700 MW from the Pavagada solar park, in a region that has seen 54 droughts in the last 60 years Pavagada Pavagada less than ...READ MORE
The Health Ministry in collaboration with the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) will start a National Death Registry for information about each and every death in hospitals across ...READ MORE
Channapatna craft losing sheen
“16th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
MISSION PRELIMS 2017
After Jallikattu & Kambala, next demand for lifting
Brazil Zika outbreak
Urban Development – Integrated Housing & Slum Development
Karnataka will reserve 5% jobs in police force
The world’s largest solar park is shaping up
Health Ministry – AIIMS to set up National
Kawal Tiger Reserve – adobe of maoists