The new simplified “Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015” notified by the Central Government on 17th July 2015 became operational form August 2015.
- Along with it, the fully revamped IT application for the purpose of adoption of children , CARINGS (Child Adoption Resource Information & Guidance System), has also become operational .
- Accordingly, Central Adoption Resource Information Guidance System (CARINGS), as an e-governance measure created for the purpose of facilitating adoption of children, has been revamped.
- CARINGS will facilitate the adoption of maximum number of adoptable children and ensure a smoother adoption process by curbing undue delays.
- For hassle-free adoption, CARINGS will contain a centralized data bank of adoptable children and PAPs. Clear cut timelines for domestic and inter-country adoption have been laid down to ensure early deinstitutionalization of such children.
- All District Child Protection Units (DCPUs) will be connected online to CARINGS. DCPUs will be responsible for making newspaper publications of abandoned children and the expenditure, if required, could be incurred under Integrated Child Protection Units (ICPS) Fund. One DCPU member will also be part of the Adoption Committee
- Now, PAPs in India need not approach adoption agencies for registration. The parents can register online and upload relevant documents to determine their eligibility
- In cases of inter-country adoption also, all applications are to be accepted online on CARINGS and requisite documents need to be uploaded in the system;
- Home Study Reports are conducted by the adoption agencies and uploaded online;
- There will be online referral to the PAPs followed by visit to adoption agencies;
- Both in domestic and in international adoption, Post-adoption follow-up shall be posted online in CARINGS;
- Real time online report generation facility on periodic basis;
- All Specialised Adoption Agencies are connected to CARA online for in-country and inter-country adoption;
- Real-time online information of children available in adoption agencies across the country;
- District Child Protection Units (DCPUs) are connected in CARINGS for monitoring adoption programme at the district level;
- More streamlined, very transparent adoption programme.
CARINGS would be instrumental to implement, supervise, monitor and evaluate the child adoption programme in the Country in accordance with Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children, 2015 issued by Government of India.
ಹೇಗ್ ಸಮಾವೇಶ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಅಂತರ-ದೇಶ ಪೋಷಕರ ಮಗು ಅಪಹರಣದ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಒಂದು ವರದಿಯನ್ನು ಸಿದ್ಧಪಡಿಸಲು ಕೇಂದ್ರವು ಸ್ಥಾಪಿಸಿದ ಸಮಿತಿಯು ಹೇಗ್ ಕನ್ವೆನ್ಷನ್ನ ಮೂಲಭೂತ ತತ್ವಗಳನ್ನು ಪ್ರಶ್ನಿಸಿದೆ. ಪೋಷಕರ ಅಥವಾ ಪೋಷಕರ ಆವಾಸಸ್ಥಾನಕ್ಕೆ ಮಗು ಹಿಂದಿರುಗುವುದು ಮಗುವಿನ ಹಿತಾಸಕ್ತಿಗೆ ಅಗತ್ಯವಾಗಿರಲೇಬೇಕು ಎಂಬುದು ನಿಯಮವಾಗಿರಬಾರದು ...READ MORE
The Mysuru Division of South Western Railways has initiated additional precautionary measures to beef up rail safety following the recent train accident near Kanpur that claimed nearly 150 lives. This includes ...READ MORE
Bank consolidation India’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) formally started merger of 5 associative banks and Bharatiya Mahila Bank with itself. The merged entity will have India’s one-fourth of ...READ MORE
Bengaluru Water Supply and Sewerage Board is an autonomous body formed by the State legislature under Bengaluru Water supply and Sewerage Board Act on 10-09-1964 for Water Supply & Sewage ...READ MORE
Nutrition guidelines approved by Niti Aayog Why in news? The NITI Aayog has approved the supplementary nutrition guidelines, prepared by the Ministry for Women and Child Development, bypassing Minister for Women and ...READ MORE
ಲಕ್ಷದ್ವೀಪ ಬಳಿ ಹಡಗಿಗೆ ಬೆಂಕಿ ಲಕ್ಷದ್ವೀಪದ ಬಳಿಯ ಅರಬ್ಬಿ ಸಮುದ್ರದಲ್ಲಿ ಮಾರ್ಸಕ್ ಹೊನಮ್ ಎನ್ನುವ ವಾಣಿಜ್ಯ ಹಡಗಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾರಿ ಅಗ್ನಿ ಅನಾಹುತ ಸಂಭವಿಸಿದೆ. 13 ಭಾರತೀಯರು ಸೇರಿದಂತೆ 27 ಸಿಬ್ಬಂದಿ ಹಡಗಿನಲ್ಲಿದ್ದರು. ನಾಲ್ವರು ನಾಪತ್ತೆಯಾಗಿದ್ದು, ಉಳಿದವರನ್ನು ರಕ್ಷಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. 330 ಮೀಟರ್ ಉದ್ದದ ಹಡಗು ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 1ರಂದು ...READ MORE
"Nuclear safety, terror to be in focus as PM plans three-nation tour" India's agenda at the fourth Nuclear Security Summit (NSS 2016) in Washington Will push for a global initiative against nuclear ...READ MORE
Tribal Museum The Chhattisgarh government will set up a tribal museum in the state's upcoming new capital Raipur with a view to exhibit culture and tradition of scheduled tribes. The tribal museum ...READ MORE
The officials of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Tuesday met the state government officials and urged them to speed up the process of making farmers register on M-Kisan portal. Union ...READ MORE
Bengaluru sees the least number of registrations of persons with disabilities Tumakuru has the highest with 28,430 voters with disabilities seeking special facilities Bengaluru has reported the least number of ...READ MORE
“8th ಮೇ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka: Mysuru Railway Division Intensifies Track Patrolling
All you need to know- Bank consolidation
Karnataka Economy: Bengaluru Water Supply and Sewerage Board
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 9th September
8th ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
All about nuclear security summit
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 4th
IMD urges govt to encourage farmers to register
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 22nd