The new simplified “Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015” notified by the Central Government on 17th July 2015 became operational form August 2015.
- Along with it, the fully revamped IT application for the purpose of adoption of children , CARINGS (Child Adoption Resource Information & Guidance System), has also become operational .
- Accordingly, Central Adoption Resource Information Guidance System (CARINGS), as an e-governance measure created for the purpose of facilitating adoption of children, has been revamped.
- CARINGS will facilitate the adoption of maximum number of adoptable children and ensure a smoother adoption process by curbing undue delays.
- For hassle-free adoption, CARINGS will contain a centralized data bank of adoptable children and PAPs. Clear cut timelines for domestic and inter-country adoption have been laid down to ensure early deinstitutionalization of such children.
- All District Child Protection Units (DCPUs) will be connected online to CARINGS. DCPUs will be responsible for making newspaper publications of abandoned children and the expenditure, if required, could be incurred under Integrated Child Protection Units (ICPS) Fund. One DCPU member will also be part of the Adoption Committee
- Now, PAPs in India need not approach adoption agencies for registration. The parents can register online and upload relevant documents to determine their eligibility
- In cases of inter-country adoption also, all applications are to be accepted online on CARINGS and requisite documents need to be uploaded in the system;
- Home Study Reports are conducted by the adoption agencies and uploaded online;
- There will be online referral to the PAPs followed by visit to adoption agencies;
- Both in domestic and in international adoption, Post-adoption follow-up shall be posted online in CARINGS;
- Real time online report generation facility on periodic basis;
- All Specialised Adoption Agencies are connected to CARA online for in-country and inter-country adoption;
- Real-time online information of children available in adoption agencies across the country;
- District Child Protection Units (DCPUs) are connected in CARINGS for monitoring adoption programme at the district level;
- More streamlined, very transparent adoption programme.
CARINGS would be instrumental to implement, supervise, monitor and evaluate the child adoption programme in the Country in accordance with Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children, 2015 issued by Government of India.
U.S. to end H-1B spouse work permits Why in news? The Donald Trump administration is moving ahead with a proposal to end work permits for spouses of H-1B workers in the United ...READ MORE
ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ಭದ್ರತಾ ದಳ (ಎನ್ಎಸ್ಜಿ) ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಜಮ್ಮು ಮತ್ತು ಕಾಶ್ಮೀರದಲ್ಲಿ ಉಗ್ರರ ವಿರುದ್ಧ ಕಾರ್ಯಾಚರಣೆ ನಡೆಸಲು ಶೀಘ್ರದಲ್ಲೇ ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ಭದ್ರತಾ ದಳದ (ಎನ್ಎಸ್ಜಿ) ನಿಯೋಜಿಸುವ ಸಾಧ್ಯತೆಗಳಿವೆ. ‘ಬ್ಲ್ಯಾಕ್ ಕ್ಯಾಟ್’ ಎಂದೇ ಕರೆಯಲಾಗುವ ಎನ್ಎಸ್ಜಿ ಕಮಾಂಡೊಗಳು ಹಲವು ದಿನಗಳಿಂದ ನಗರದ ಹೊರವಲಯದಲ್ಲಿ ಕಠಿಣ ...READ MORE
ಡೋಕ್ಲಾಂ ಬಿಕ್ಕಟ್ಟು ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಸಿಕ್ಕಿಂ ಗಡಿಯ ವಿವಾದಿತ ಡೋಕ್ಲಾಂ ಪ್ರದೇಶದಲ್ಲಿ ಚೀನಾ ಸದ್ದಿಲ್ಲದೇ ಕಾರ್ಯಚಟುವಟಿಕೆ ಚುರುಕುಗೊಳಿಸಿದೆ ಎಂಬ ಆತಂಕಕಾರಿ ಮಾಹಿತಿಯನ್ನು ಅಮೆರಿಕದ ಅಧಿಕಾರಿಯೊಬ್ಬರು ನೀಡಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ದೇಶದ ಉತ್ತರ ಭಾಗದಲ್ಲಿನ ಅತಿಕ್ರಮಣ ವಿರುದ್ಧ ಕಠಿಣ ನಿಲುವು ಪ್ರದರ್ಶಿಸುತ್ತಿರುವ ಭಾರತ, ಡೋಕ್ಲಾಂ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಕಾಳಜಿ ವಹಿಸಬೇಕಿದೆ ಎಂದು ...READ MORE
The Munak Canal in Haryana’s Mundela village, which brings 80 million gallons per day of water to Delhi, became a target of Jats protesting for reservation in Haryana last week. First, ...READ MORE
Centre wants fake news traced Topic: Infrastructure Development IN NEWS: The government has sought public comments on the proposed amendments to the IT Act that seek to make it mandatory for platforms ...READ MORE
BCU to launch India's first dept of cinema studies Bengaluru Central University (BCU) is all set to launch Department of Cinema Studies (DCS) from the next academic year. There are many film ...READ MORE
Fifteen primary health centres (PHCs) in six districts of Karnataka are set to get eLAJ smart clinics that will be equipped with multi-parameter monitors that enable multiple diagnostic tests and ...READ MORE
Mysuru police gets 'Mobile Commando Centre' The city police have procured a hi-tech vehicle 'Mobile Commando Centre', which has several features to have tabs on anti-social activities. The vehicle, developed in Punjab, ...READ MORE
What is a genome ? The genome of an organism is the whole of its hereditary information encoded in its DNA. Within DNA there is a unique chemical code that guides ...READ MORE
Council passes Road Safety Authority Bill The Karnataka State Road Safety Authority Bill, 2017, which seeks to curb accidents by making roads safer was passed in the Council on 16th Nov. The ...READ MORE
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 24th September
“22nd ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
28th ಜುಲೈ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
Water crisis in Delhi – call for action
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 26th December
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 2nd
Primary Health Centres (PHCs) in six districts of
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 18th-19th
Genome Editing and its controversy
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 17th