The new simplified “Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015” notified by the Central Government on 17th July 2015 became operational form August 2015.
- Along with it, the fully revamped IT application for the purpose of adoption of children , CARINGS (Child Adoption Resource Information & Guidance System), has also become operational .
- Accordingly, Central Adoption Resource Information Guidance System (CARINGS), as an e-governance measure created for the purpose of facilitating adoption of children, has been revamped.
- CARINGS will facilitate the adoption of maximum number of adoptable children and ensure a smoother adoption process by curbing undue delays.
- For hassle-free adoption, CARINGS will contain a centralized data bank of adoptable children and PAPs. Clear cut timelines for domestic and inter-country adoption have been laid down to ensure early deinstitutionalization of such children.
- All District Child Protection Units (DCPUs) will be connected online to CARINGS. DCPUs will be responsible for making newspaper publications of abandoned children and the expenditure, if required, could be incurred under Integrated Child Protection Units (ICPS) Fund. One DCPU member will also be part of the Adoption Committee
- Now, PAPs in India need not approach adoption agencies for registration. The parents can register online and upload relevant documents to determine their eligibility
- In cases of inter-country adoption also, all applications are to be accepted online on CARINGS and requisite documents need to be uploaded in the system;
- Home Study Reports are conducted by the adoption agencies and uploaded online;
- There will be online referral to the PAPs followed by visit to adoption agencies;
- Both in domestic and in international adoption, Post-adoption follow-up shall be posted online in CARINGS;
- Real time online report generation facility on periodic basis;
- All Specialised Adoption Agencies are connected to CARA online for in-country and inter-country adoption;
- Real-time online information of children available in adoption agencies across the country;
- District Child Protection Units (DCPUs) are connected in CARINGS for monitoring adoption programme at the district level;
- More streamlined, very transparent adoption programme.
CARINGS would be instrumental to implement, supervise, monitor and evaluate the child adoption programme in the Country in accordance with Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children, 2015 issued by Government of India.
A worrying re-emergence of diphtheria in Malappuram district of kerala, is putting at risk considerable swathes of its population. Atleast two children died of Diphtheria this year. Over a dozen Malappuram ...READ MORE
Indian space agency ISRO is aiming for a world record by putting into orbit 83 satellites two Indian and 81 foreign on a single rocket in early 2017. The company’s order ...READ MORE
Weather-based farm advisory system to reach taluks now The country’s flagship programme of the weather forecast-based agricultural advisory system is set to become more focussed by moving to the taluk level ...READ MORE
The first unit of the Yeramarus Thermal Power Station (YTPS) has successfully completed the trial run by generating power continuously for 72 hours. The first generating unit of the newly set ...READ MORE
For the first time in its history, the India Meteorological Department — best known for its monsoon forecasts — will issue a summer forecast for April, May and June Those involved ...READ MORE
City Cluster Development: City Cluster Development (CCD) is an urban led strategy towards promotion of economic and social development under which closely located areas of human settlements are linked together functionally, structurally and spatially to form ...READ MORE
ಕಿಶೋರಿ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಯೋಜನೆಯು ಸಬಲಾ ಅನುಷ್ಠಾನಗೊಳ್ಳುತ್ತಿರುವ ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಗಳನ್ನು ಹೊರತುಪಡಿಸಿ ಉಳಿದ 21 ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಗಳ 128 ಸಮಗ್ರ ಶಿಶು ಅಬಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ಯೋಜನೆಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಅನುಷ್ಠಾನಗೊಳಿಸಲಾಗುತ್ತಿದೆ. ಈ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮದಡಿ ಪ್ರತಿ ವರ್ಷ ಐಸಿಡಿಎಸ್ ಯೋಜನೆಯಡಿ 180 ಪ್ರಾಯಪೂರ್ವ ಬಾಲಕಿಯರಿಗೆ 5 ದಿನಗಳ ವಸತಿಯುತ ತರಬೇತಿಯನ್ನು ತಾಲ್ಲೂಕುಮಟ್ಟದ ತರಬೇತುದಾರರಿಂದ ...READ MORE
In a surprise development kept secret until their meeting was over, Indian and Pakistani National Security Advisers led delegations for talks in Bangkok The discussions covered peace and security, terrorism, Jammu ...READ MORE
The government’s electronic intelligence monitoring system , the Central Monitoring System (CMS), will become operational by March 2016 Centralised Monitoring System (CMS) will be set up to automate the process of ...READ MORE
The Vijayapura civic body will set them up at an estimated cost of Rs. 70 lakh To deal with the rising garbage issue in Vijayapura city and to reduce the transportation ...READ MORE
After Diphtheria Deaths, Kerala Launches Vaccination Drive
ISRO Eyes World Record With Launch Of 83
Weather-based farm advisory system in Karnataka
Yermarus Thermal Power Station first unit fit for
In a first, IMD to bring out summer
Urban Development: City Cluster Development & Heritage Based
ಕಿಶೋರಿ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಯೋಜನೆ
India-Pakistan National Security Advisors meeting
Central Monitoring System
Karnataka: Five waste segregation units to be set