The new simplified “Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015” notified by the Central Government on 17th July 2015 became operational form August 2015.
- Along with it, the fully revamped IT application for the purpose of adoption of children , CARINGS (Child Adoption Resource Information & Guidance System), has also become operational .
- Accordingly, Central Adoption Resource Information Guidance System (CARINGS), as an e-governance measure created for the purpose of facilitating adoption of children, has been revamped.
- CARINGS will facilitate the adoption of maximum number of adoptable children and ensure a smoother adoption process by curbing undue delays.
- For hassle-free adoption, CARINGS will contain a centralized data bank of adoptable children and PAPs. Clear cut timelines for domestic and inter-country adoption have been laid down to ensure early deinstitutionalization of such children.
- All District Child Protection Units (DCPUs) will be connected online to CARINGS. DCPUs will be responsible for making newspaper publications of abandoned children and the expenditure, if required, could be incurred under Integrated Child Protection Units (ICPS) Fund. One DCPU member will also be part of the Adoption Committee
- Now, PAPs in India need not approach adoption agencies for registration. The parents can register online and upload relevant documents to determine their eligibility
- In cases of inter-country adoption also, all applications are to be accepted online on CARINGS and requisite documents need to be uploaded in the system;
- Home Study Reports are conducted by the adoption agencies and uploaded online;
- There will be online referral to the PAPs followed by visit to adoption agencies;
- Both in domestic and in international adoption, Post-adoption follow-up shall be posted online in CARINGS;
- Real time online report generation facility on periodic basis;
- All Specialised Adoption Agencies are connected to CARA online for in-country and inter-country adoption;
- Real-time online information of children available in adoption agencies across the country;
- District Child Protection Units (DCPUs) are connected in CARINGS for monitoring adoption programme at the district level;
- More streamlined, very transparent adoption programme.
CARINGS would be instrumental to implement, supervise, monitor and evaluate the child adoption programme in the Country in accordance with Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children, 2015 issued by Government of India.
About World Radio Day World Radio Day is observed on February 13 to celebrate radio as a medium to promote and access information. After originally proposed by the Kingdom of Spain, UNESCO ...READ MORE
The Government has a well established strategy and institutional mechanism to effectively deal with terrorist financing and money laundering problem. The Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967(UAPA) and the Prevention of Money ...READ MORE
Solar energy sector The government approved a post facto agreement with Germany to expand bilateral cooperation in the field of solar energy. The Union Cabinet approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to ...READ MORE
The 2015 Guidelines issued by the Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) would replace the 2011 Adoption Guidelines. These Guidelines are intended to provide for more effective regulation for adoption of orphan, ...READ MORE
'Agni Sakhi' eco-friendly stove to light up 130 rural homes "Agni Sakhi', a boon to village home-makers in the taluk, has entered the kitchens of the women of Shidlaghatta taluk, thanks ...READ MORE
BBMP launches ‘Fix My Street’ app In a bid to ensure speedy redressal of civic grievances, the BBMP has launched an app called ‘Fix My Street’. The app, which was rolled out ...READ MORE
The Vijayapura district hospital has emerged the best district hospital in Karnataka and won a cash prize of Rs 50 lakh for the second straight year under the Health Department’s ...READ MORE
Aditya, India’s first dedicated scientific mission to study the sun is likely to get a go-ahead from the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) Its is a joint venture between ISRO and physicists ...READ MORE
Municipal Reforms Cell –DMA • An exclusive cell dedicated for municipal reforms. • Managed by Senior KAS and KMAS Officers and Professionals hired directly from the market. • The cell has in house Data Center with centralized ...READ MORE
Chittoor cop first Indian woman to scale Mt. Elbrus Chittoor district Additional Superintendent of Police G.R. Radhika created a record by scaling Mount Elbrus, the highest mountain in Russia and in ...READ MORE
World Radio Day 2017 – ‘Radio is You’!
Strategy to deal with Terror Financing and Money
Government approves pacts with Germany
Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 27th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 14th Dec
Karnataka: Vijayapura wins best district hospital award
India’s solar mission – Aditya
Urban Development – Municipal Reforms Cell –DMA &
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams