The new simplified “Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015” notified by the Central Government on 17th July 2015 became operational form August 2015.
- Along with it, the fully revamped IT application for the purpose of adoption of children , CARINGS (Child Adoption Resource Information & Guidance System), has also become operational .
- Accordingly, Central Adoption Resource Information Guidance System (CARINGS), as an e-governance measure created for the purpose of facilitating adoption of children, has been revamped.
- CARINGS will facilitate the adoption of maximum number of adoptable children and ensure a smoother adoption process by curbing undue delays.
- For hassle-free adoption, CARINGS will contain a centralized data bank of adoptable children and PAPs. Clear cut timelines for domestic and inter-country adoption have been laid down to ensure early deinstitutionalization of such children.
- All District Child Protection Units (DCPUs) will be connected online to CARINGS. DCPUs will be responsible for making newspaper publications of abandoned children and the expenditure, if required, could be incurred under Integrated Child Protection Units (ICPS) Fund. One DCPU member will also be part of the Adoption Committee
- Now, PAPs in India need not approach adoption agencies for registration. The parents can register online and upload relevant documents to determine their eligibility
- In cases of inter-country adoption also, all applications are to be accepted online on CARINGS and requisite documents need to be uploaded in the system;
- Home Study Reports are conducted by the adoption agencies and uploaded online;
- There will be online referral to the PAPs followed by visit to adoption agencies;
- Both in domestic and in international adoption, Post-adoption follow-up shall be posted online in CARINGS;
- Real time online report generation facility on periodic basis;
- All Specialised Adoption Agencies are connected to CARA online for in-country and inter-country adoption;
- Real-time online information of children available in adoption agencies across the country;
- District Child Protection Units (DCPUs) are connected in CARINGS for monitoring adoption programme at the district level;
- More streamlined, very transparent adoption programme.
CARINGS would be instrumental to implement, supervise, monitor and evaluate the child adoption programme in the Country in accordance with Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children, 2015 issued by Government of India.
For the first time, the secretariat has allowed the MLAs to either WhatsApp or e-mail their questions. This facility is introduced for the session starting February 6. Of the 224 MLAs, ...READ MORE
Karnataka state gets cultural policy The committee submitted a 68-page report with 44 recommendations as early as in June 2014. Interestingly, the Cabinet has cleared the policy in the backdrop of ...READ MORE
Government of India has introduced the centrally sponsored Mega City scheme during the year 1995. Under this scheme a sum of Rs.241.75 crore central share and equal share under state grant i.e.Rs.241.75 crore was provided to ...READ MORE
ರಾಜೀವ ಗಾಂದಿ ಪ್ರಾಯಪೂರ್ವ ಬಾಲಕಿಯರ ಸಬಲೀಕರಣ ಯೋಜನೆ - ಸಬಲಾ: ಜೀವನದಲ್ಲಿ ಕಿಶೋರಾವಸ್ಥೆಯು ಮಾನಸಿಕ, ಬೌದ್ಧಿಕ, ಭಾವನಾತ್ಮಕ ಬೆಳವಣಿಗೆಗೆ ಸಂಬಂದಿಸಿದಂತೆ ಒಂದು ಪ್ರಮುಖ ಅವದಿಯಾಗಿದೆ. ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ರೀತಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಸೌಲಭ್ಯ ಒದಗಿಸುವುದಕ್ಕಾಗಿ ಹೊಸ ಚಿಂತನೆಯ ರೂಪದಲ್ಲಿ ಕಿಶೋರಿ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಯೋಜನೆ ಹಾಗು ಪ್ರಾಯಪೂರ್ವ ಬಾಲಕಿಯರಿಗೆ ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Waste-to-energy (WtE) or energy-from-waste (EfW) is the process of creating energy in the form of electricity orheat from the incineration of waste source. WtE is a form of energy ...READ MORE
National Urban Information System (NUIS) is the project of Ministry of Urban Development with Survey of India as the focal point. National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) of ISRO has prepared geospatial ...READ MORE
Bannerghatta park ‘buffer’ zone shrinks Initially proposed ESZ area was 269 sq. km, now it is 181 sq. km The ‘safe’ area around the city’s lung spaces seems to getting smaller by ...READ MORE
Siddaganga seer awarded Bhagwan Mahaveer Peace award Siddaganga Mutt seer Shivakumara Swamy has been selected for the first Sri Bhagwan Mahaveer Peace award instituted by the Department of Kannada and Culture. The ...READ MORE
The Government has launched Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) in the country. The aim, objective and salient features of CCTNS are : To fully computerize the process of crime ...READ MORE
The massive campaign for Kallikattu in Tamil Nadu and a similar campaign building up for kambala in Karnataka seem to have opened a Pandora’s box. Now, there is demand from people ...READ MORE
Poor response from MLAs to e-governance initiatives
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Urban Development-Central Sponsored Mega City Scheme & Smart
WASTE TO ENERGY
National Urban Information System
Karnataka Current Affairs for KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems
After Jallikattu & Kambala, next demand for lifting