- The Health Ministry in collaboration with the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) will start a National Death Registry for information about each and every death in hospitals across the country.
- AIIMS has already implemented the pilot version of the death registry with the unique feature of having a coding system called the Systematized Nomenclature of Medicine (SNOMED), an international standard of providing codes, terms and synonyms and definitions which cover anatomy, diseases, findings, procedures, microorganisms, etc.
- The official said the ministry has called a meeting of all state health departments so as to have the programme rolled out across India.
- AIIMS will be technical as well as the implementing partner for this programme.
- The objective is to have a database about cause of deaths in hospitals across India.
- This will help policy-makers have a better understanding of disease outbreaks so as to optimise resources and healthcare facilities in respective regions
Why is this important?
- Currently as health is a state subject, the entire death data is not being transmitted to the central depository, which is creating hurdles for policymakers in framing health and disease related policies.
- As of now the data Health Ministry have is tentative but under this system deaths will be uniformly coded along with the cause and details of the patients.
Startup India is a flagship initiative of the Government of India, intended to build a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation and Startups in the country that will drive sustainable economic growth and ...READ MORE
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given its approval for creation of buffer stock of pulses. Background: Although India is the highest producer of pulses in the world, its ...READ MORE
The four cities from Karnataka selected in the second round of the Smart City initiative have commenced the process of selecting project management consultants to help execute their respective action ...READ MORE
The number of judges in the High Court of Karnataka has increased to 30, against the sanctioned strength of 62, with the swearing in of five additional judges on Monday. ...READ MORE
ಸಮಾಜದಲ್ಲಿ ವರದಕ್ಷಿಣೆ ಕಿರುಕುಳ, ಕೌಟುಂಬಿಕ ದೌರ್ಜನ್ಯ, ಅತ್ಯಾಚಾರ ಹಾಗೂ ಲೈಂಗಿಕ ಕಿರುಕುಳಕ್ಕೊಳಗಾದ ಮಹಿಳೆಯರಿಗೆ ಸಹಾಯ ಒದಗಿಸುವ ಉದ್ದೇಶದಿಂದ ಸಾಂತ್ವನ ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು 2000-2001 ನೇ ಸಾಲಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಮಂಜೂರು ಮಾಡಲಾಯಿತು. ಇಂತಹ ಮಹಿಳೆಯರಿಗೆ ಕಾನೂನು ನೆರವು, ತಾತ್ಕಾಲಿಕ ಆಶ್ರಯ, ಆರ್ಥಿಕ ಪರಿಹಾರ, ಹಾಗೂ ತರಬೇತಿ ...READ MORE
Internet of Things India Congress Why in News: The first edition of ‘IoT India Congress, 2016’ was in Bengaluru. The congress aims to bring together key stakeholders across the value chain and verticals to ...READ MORE
What should you focus on? Name of the scheme Beneficiaries Salient features Any new changes to the existing scheme For mains: Its challenges and benifits One more kg of free rice for poor in state The state ...READ MORE
Air quality remained abysmal on Dec 1st , with four of the seven monitoring stations reporting the “severe” warning during the morning. The situation improved slightly by 7 p.m. due to ...READ MORE
ಮಳೆಯಾಶ್ರಿತ ಪ್ರದೇಶದ ರೈತರ ಜೀವನೋಪಾಯ ಉತ್ತಮಪಡಿಸಲು 'ಕೃಷಿ ಭಾಗ್ಯ' ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು ಜಾರಿಗೆ ತಂದಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ಸ್ವಾಭಾವಿಕ ಸಂಪನ್ಮೂಲ ಮಣ್ಣು ಮತ್ತು ನೀರಿನ ಸಂರಕ್ಷಣೆಯೊಂದಿಗೆ ಕೃಷಿ ಉತ್ಪಾದಕತೆ ಮತ್ತು ರೈತರು ಹಾಗೂ ಕೃಷಿ ಕಾರ್ಮಿಕರ ಆದಾಯ ಮಟ್ಟ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿಸುವುದು ಕೃಷಿ ಭಾಗ್ಯ ಯೋಜನೆಯ ಪ್ರಮುಖ ಉದ್ದೇಶವಾಗಿದೆ. ಮೊದಲ ...READ MORE
National framework for malaria elimination launched in Karnataka The Health Department launched the National Framework for Malaria Elimination in India programme in Karnataka The World Health Organisation is committed to eradicating malaria ...READ MORE
All you need to know about Startup India
Long term measures to increase production of pulses
Karnataka: Smart Cities – Process on to pick
Karnataka High Court gets five new additional judges
Internet of things
NammaKPSC classroom for KPSC challengers-Changes in AnnaBhagya Scheme
Poor AQI in Delhi
National framework for malaria elimination launched in Karnataka