- The Health Ministry in collaboration with the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) will start a National Death Registry for information about each and every death in hospitals across the country.
- AIIMS has already implemented the pilot version of the death registry with the unique feature of having a coding system called the Systematized Nomenclature of Medicine (SNOMED), an international standard of providing codes, terms and synonyms and definitions which cover anatomy, diseases, findings, procedures, microorganisms, etc.
- The official said the ministry has called a meeting of all state health departments so as to have the programme rolled out across India.
- AIIMS will be technical as well as the implementing partner for this programme.
- The objective is to have a database about cause of deaths in hospitals across India.
- This will help policy-makers have a better understanding of disease outbreaks so as to optimise resources and healthcare facilities in respective regions
Why is this important?
- Currently as health is a state subject, the entire death data is not being transmitted to the central depository, which is creating hurdles for policymakers in framing health and disease related policies.
- As of now the data Health Ministry have is tentative but under this system deaths will be uniformly coded along with the cause and details of the patients.
Two reports released on Thursday, one at the global level and the other India-specific, say the country is on track to meet only two (under-five overweight and exclusive breastfeeding rates) ...READ MORE
ಕೃಷಿ ಕಲ್ಯಾಣ ಅಭಿಯಾನ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ರೈತರ ಆದಾಯ ದುಪ್ಪಟ್ಟು ಹಾಗೂ ಆಧುನಿಕ ತಂತ್ರಜ್ಞಾನವನ್ನು ಅಳವಡಿಸಿಕೊಳ್ಳುವ ಉದ್ದೇಶದಿಂದ ಗ್ರಾಮಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಆಯ್ಕೆಯಾಗುವ ರೈತರಿಗೆ ಸೂಕ್ತ ನೆರವು ನೀಡುವ ಕೃಷಿ ಕಲ್ಯಾಣ್ ಅಭಿಯಾನ ಶೀಘ್ರ ಆರಂಭವಾಗಲಿದೆ. ಮುಂದಿನ 2022ರ ವೇಳೆಗೆ ರೈತರ ಆದಾಯ ದ್ವಿಗುಣಗೊಳಿಸುವ ಉದ್ದೇಶದಿಂದ ಜೂನ್ ...READ MORE
Karnataka government unveils the state flag, awaits Centre’s approval Chief minister Siddaramaiah on 8th March unveiled Karnataka’s flag and said it was a “historic decision” taken keeping in mind the history ...READ MORE
First Rashtrakoota Utsava held in Kalaburagi The department of Kannada and Culture and the Kalaburagi district administration is hosting a Rashtrakoota Utsava for the first time. The celebrations kicked off at Malakhedanalli, ...READ MORE
The 2015 Guidelines issued by the Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) would replace the 2011 Adoption Guidelines. These Guidelines are intended to provide for more effective regulation for adoption of orphan, ...READ MORE
ತ್ರಿವರ್ಣ ನಾಡಧ್ವಜಕ್ಕೆ ಒಪ್ಪಿಗೆ ಕನ್ನಡ ಮತ್ತು ಸಂಸ್ಕೃತಿ ಇಲಾಖೆ ಕಾರ್ಯದರ್ಶಿ ನೇತೃತ್ವದ ತಜ್ಞರ ಸಮಿತಿ ವಿನ್ಯಾಸಗೊಳಿಸಿರುವ ತ್ರಿವರ್ಣ ಕನ್ನಡ ಧ್ವಜಕ್ಕೆ ಸಾಹಿತಿಗಳು, ಕಲಾವಿದರು ಮತ್ತು ಕನ್ನಡಪರ ಸಂಘಟನೆಗಳ ಮುಖಂಡರು ಒಪ್ಪಿಗೆ ನೀಡಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ಮುಖ್ಯಮಂತ್ರಿ ಸಿದ್ದರಾಮಯ್ಯ ತಮ್ಮ ಗೃಹ ಕಚೇರಿ ಕೃಷ್ಣಾದಲ್ಲಿ ಹಿರಿಯ ಸಾಹಿತಿಗಳು ಮತ್ತು ...READ MORE
The Centrally-appointed Forest Advisory Committee (FAC) has pulled up the State government for ‘converting’ a reserve forest to gomala land in Belagavi. The recommendations by the 7-member FAC, which comprises officials ...READ MORE
Fixing rates under Arogya Karnataka may take longer Fixing of rates for various procedures in private hospitals, under the recently launched Arogya Karnataka, may take longer as the State Health Department ...READ MORE
The government is striving to introduce five more labour reform legislations in the winter session of Parliament, including the bills to introduce a new wage and industrial relations code and ...READ MORE
India launches 2nd IT corridor in China to gain access to big Chinese market India today (29th May) launched its second IT corridor in China to cash in on the burgeoning ...READ MORE
State of nutrition in the country
“6th ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 8th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 4th
Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015
9th ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
State seeks diversion of Bhutaramanahatti Reserve Forest land,
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 11th June
Labour reform bills to be introduced
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 29th