- In an attempt to overcome severe power shortage faced by the state and to save power, Chief minister launched an ambitious programme of the Energy department called ‘Hosa Belaku – Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme’.
- The programme provides LED bulbs at nominal prices to all households in the state.
- While incandescent bulbs are of 60 watt each, the LED bulbs introduced in the programme are 9 mega watts each and are non-breakable bulbs which come with a three year warranty.
- They emit more light compared to incandescent bulbs.
- Each consumer can save Rs 500 to Rs 600 per year with the usage of LED lights while the government can save 300 to 400 mega watt of electricity.
- By introducing LED lamps in street lighting, we can save upto 1000 mega watts
- The state has a demand of 10,000 mega watt but we generate only 7000 mega watt. There is a deficit of 3000 mega watt.
- By May-June 2016 we are likely to generate an additional 2300 mega watt. With this project and other energy efficient projects we are likely to attain self sufficiency in the power sector in the coming years
Introduction - Why Important Steel is the backbone of any modern economy. The level of per capita consumption of steel is often considered an important index of the level of economic ...READ MORE
The Agriculture department is working out the modalities to set up Special Agricultural Zones (SAZ) in different parts of the state to provide greater technological and logistic support to farmers ...READ MORE
The Union Cabinet has approved the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015, as reported by the Select Committee of Rajya Sabha. The Bill will now be taken up for ...READ MORE
ಗುಡುಗು ,ಸಿಡಿಲು ಸೂಚಿಸುವ ಆ್ಯಪ್ ನೀವು ನಿಂತಿರುವ ಸ್ಥಳದಲ್ಲಿ ಮಿಂಚು ಹಾಗೂ ಚಂಡಮಾರುತ ಬರಲಿದೆಯೇ ಎಂಬುದನ್ನು ತಿಳಿಯಲು ಹವಾಮಾನ ತಜ್ಞರನ್ನೇ ಸಂಪರ್ಕಿಸಬೇಕಾದ ಅಗತ್ಯವಿಲ್ಲ. ಏಕೆಂದರೆ ಇರುವ ಜಾಗದಲ್ಲೇ ಇವರೆಡೂ ಮುನ್ಸೂಚನೆಗಳನ್ನು ಮೊಬೈಲ್ನಲ್ಲಿ ಪಡೆಯಬಹುದು. ರಾಜ್ಯ ನೈಸರ್ಗಿಕ ವಿಕೋಪ ಉಸ್ತುವಾರಿ ಕೇಂದ್ರವು ಬಿಡುಗಡೆಗೊಳಿಸಿರುವ 'ಸಿಡಿಲು' ಮೊಬೈಲ್ ...READ MORE
According to the Load Generation Balance Report for 2015-2016 Karnataka would face difficult times in the remaining months of the current fiscal year unless it takes immediate steps to address ...READ MORE
The State government, which made an earlier attempt to secure the breed status in 2016, is expected to make another pitch before the National Bureau of Animal Genetics (NBAG)-Karnal seeking ...READ MORE
To boost electronic manufacturing in the country, the Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved incentives to the tune of Rs 10,000 crore for investors by amending the Modified Special Incentive Package ...READ MORE
Centre allocates Rs 795 crore drought assistance to Karnataka The Centre on 28th June allocated Rs 795.54 crore as assistance to Karnataka to provide relief to farmers who suffered loss of rabi ...READ MORE
First Rashtrakoota Utsava held in Kalaburagi The department of Kannada and Culture and the Kalaburagi district administration is hosting a Rashtrakoota Utsava for the first time. The celebrations kicked off at Malakhedanalli, ...READ MORE
Steel Sector in India
Special Agricultural Zone (SAZ)
Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015
“13th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Power crisis in Karnataka
Karnataka: Kambala buffaloes may get breed status
Cabinet approves amendment in Modified Special Incentive Package
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 4th
Poor AQI in Delhi