- In an attempt to overcome severe power shortage faced by the state and to save power, Chief minister launched an ambitious programme of the Energy department called ‘Hosa Belaku – Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme’.
- The programme provides LED bulbs at nominal prices to all households in the state.
- While incandescent bulbs are of 60 watt each, the LED bulbs introduced in the programme are 9 mega watts each and are non-breakable bulbs which come with a three year warranty.
- They emit more light compared to incandescent bulbs.
- Each consumer can save Rs 500 to Rs 600 per year with the usage of LED lights while the government can save 300 to 400 mega watt of electricity.
- By introducing LED lamps in street lighting, we can save upto 1000 mega watts
- The state has a demand of 10,000 mega watt but we generate only 7000 mega watt. There is a deficit of 3000 mega watt.
- By May-June 2016 we are likely to generate an additional 2300 mega watt. With this project and other energy efficient projects we are likely to attain self sufficiency in the power sector in the coming years
A new chapter in the country’s transport sector has been initiated which moves towards clean fuel, India’s first liquefied natural gas-driven bus was launched in Kerala. Union Petroleum and Natural Gas ...READ MORE
Four new plant-eating insects that may turn out to be a potential threat to agriculture in several states have been found in Karnataka. These pests, reported for the first time in ...READ MORE
Municipalities are empowered to levy taxes on i) buildings or lands or both (property tax), ii) advertisements, iii) toll on vehicles other than those taxed under Karnataka Motor Vehicles Taxation ...READ MORE
"A King Cobra has been run over by a vehicle on Castle Rock Main Road passing through the Castle Rock Wildlife Range of Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve." Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve is the fourth ...READ MORE
Kyasanur Forest Disease or KFD is also known as monkey fever KFD is a tick-borne viral disease that was first reported in 1957 from Kyasanur, a village in Shivamogga district It gets transmitted from ...READ MORE
ಯಾರು ಅಂಗವಿಕಲರು? ದೇಹದ ಯಾವುದಾದರೂ ಒಂದು ಅಥವಾ ಹೆಚ್ಚು ಅಂಗ ಶೇ.40ಕ್ಕೂ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಪ್ರಮಾಣದಲ್ಲಿ ಊನವಾಗಿರುವ ದೈಹಿಕ ಅಂಗವಿಕಲರು, ದೃಷ್ಟಿದೋಷ, ಶ್ರವಣದೋಷ, ಬುದ್ಧಿಮಾಂದ್ಯರು, ಮಾನಸಿಕ ಅಸ್ವಸ್ಥರು ಇವರನ್ನು ಅಂಗವಿಕಲರೆಂದು ಪರಿಗಣಿಸಲಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಅಂಗವೈಕಲ್ಯ ನಿವಾರಣೆ ಶಸ್ತ್ರಚಿಕಿತ್ಸೆಗೆ ಲಕ್ಷ ರೂ.ವರೆಗೆ ವೈದ್ಯಕೀಯ ಪರಿಹಾರ ನಿಧಿ ಈ ಯೋಜನೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಅಂಗವೈಕಲ್ಯದ ...READ MORE
PSLV-C31 successfully put into orbit IRNSS-1E, the fifth satellite of the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) after its succesful launch from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), SHAR, Sriharikota PSLV-C31 ...READ MORE
World’s largest steelmaker ArcelorMittal may set up a solar farm on land allotted to it for a steel plant in Ballari district of Karnataka, in view of excess global steel ...READ MORE
The newly adopted Constitution of Nepal might undergo the first round of amendments if the latest round of consultations being held by former Prime Minister Sushil Koirala becomes successful. Two amendments ...READ MORE
Kerala becomes first State in India to roll
Four new farm pests found in Karnataka
Karnataka Economy – Tax Revenue & Funding Capital
Kyasanur Forest Disease
ವಿಕಲಾಂಗರ ನೆರವಿಗೆ ಹಲವು ಯೋಜನೆ
PSLV-C31 launches IRNSS-1E
Karnataka: ArcelorMittal plans solar farm in Ballari
Constitutional amendments underway in Nepal
Lack of parental care affects brain development