- In an attempt to overcome severe power shortage faced by the state and to save power, Chief minister launched an ambitious programme of the Energy department called ‘Hosa Belaku – Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme’.
- The programme provides LED bulbs at nominal prices to all households in the state.
- While incandescent bulbs are of 60 watt each, the LED bulbs introduced in the programme are 9 mega watts each and are non-breakable bulbs which come with a three year warranty.
- They emit more light compared to incandescent bulbs.
- Each consumer can save Rs 500 to Rs 600 per year with the usage of LED lights while the government can save 300 to 400 mega watt of electricity.
- By introducing LED lamps in street lighting, we can save upto 1000 mega watts
- The state has a demand of 10,000 mega watt but we generate only 7000 mega watt. There is a deficit of 3000 mega watt.
- By May-June 2016 we are likely to generate an additional 2300 mega watt. With this project and other energy efficient projects we are likely to attain self sufficiency in the power sector in the coming years
India is home to the largest child population in the world, with almost 42 per cent of the total population under eighteen years of age One of the issues marring this ...READ MORE
The Government of Karnataka today said it welcomes Apple Inc.'s proposal to commence initial manufacturing operations in the city. "Apple’s intentions to manufacture in Bengaluru will foster cutting edge technology eco ...READ MORE
By the end of the year, India expects to freeze the design for the largest battleship ever built for the Indian Navy. It will also be one of the largest carriers ...READ MORE
The physical expansion and demographic growth of urban areas have exerted an adverse impact on the urban environment. The large scale conversion of agricultural land in the urban periphery for urban uses like industries, housing ...READ MORE
The AVGC sector is represented by companies, joint ventures, focus groups, consultants and creative professionals. They are engaged in the business of conception, production, post-production, media and intellectual property rights management, publishing and marketing ...READ MORE
Till the year 1896, unfiltered water was supplied to Bengaluru city in the Kalyani system from a number of tanks such as Dharmambudhi, Sampangi, Ulsoor, Sankey etc., supplemented by local ...READ MORE
GPS to be used for next year's elephant census Global Positioning System (GPS) will be used for the first time to count and map elephants in the pachyderm census to be ...READ MORE
Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Tuesday publicly spiked a proposal of the food and civil supplies department to provide cash coupons to BPL ration cardholders instead of food grains. Speaking after launching ...READ MORE
The state government has notified the rules for implementing the revised scheme, which envisages acquisition of land for infrastructure projects. Under the revised scheme, two times the value of the land ...READ MORE
Drinking water supply schemes under Rajiv Gandhi National Drinking Water Mission have been formulated in rural areas with surface water as source to tackle water quality problem. Habitations affected by chemical ...READ MORE
Protection of Children from Sexual Offences
Apple may start manufacturing in Bengaluru
Design for second domestic aircraft carrier to be
Urban Development – Urban Environment
Animation industry – Karnataka
BWSSB – Existing Water Supply System Scenario &
Elephant Census to be held in April-May 2017
Karnataka: Govt to provide cash coupons instead of
Karnataka – Revised TDR notified; to be twice
Rural Development-Multi Village Scheme Project & Swachha Bharat