- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Thursday announced that Dharamsala town in Kangra district will be the second state capital.
- Singh said the city fully deserved the status because of its history and significance.
- According to The Tribue, the chief minister belives that Dharmsala holds special importance and value in lower areas of the state like Chamba, Hamirpur, Kangra and Una districts.
- He also highlighted the importance of the city, saying it attracted people from across the world. He added that tourism had changed the town’s fortune.
- The chief minister said that the people of these areas would now benefit from the decision and that they would not be required to travel long distances to come to Shimla for their works.
- Dharamsala already figured prominently in national and international map due to its significance owing to many reasons including religious, natural and adventurous tourism and also being abode of Tibetan Spiritual head Dalai Lama.
- Dharamsala is a city in Himachal’s Kangra district. It was formerly known as Bhagsu.
- Dharamshala is a city in the upper reaches of the Kangra Valley and is surrounded by dense coniferous forest consisting mainly of stately Deodar cedar trees.
- The suburbs include McLeodGanj, Bhagsunath, Dharamkot, Naddi, ForsythGanj, Kotwali Bazaar (the main market), Kaccheri Adda (government offices such as the court, police, post, etc.), Dari, Ramnagar, Sidhpur, and Sidhbari (where the Karmapa is based).
- It was selected as one of the hundred Indian cities to be developed as a smart city under PM Narendra Modi’s flagship Smart Cities Mission. Dharamshala has held 12 Winter Sessions of the state Assembly.
- The Dalai Lama’s residence and the headquarters of Central Tibetan Administration (the Tibetan government in exile) are in Dharamsala.
- A complete Vidhan Sabha building exists in Dharamsala for which the foundation was laid in his last tenure in 2006. This town has already been a witness of holding 12 winter sessions of the assembly so far.
- Dharamshala has been selected as one of the hundred Indian cities to be developed as a smart city under PM Narendra Modi’s flagship Smart Cities Mission.
The Minister of Civil Aviation Shri P. Ashok Gajapathi Raju released the National Civil Aviation Policy 2016. This is the first time since independence that an integrated Civil Aviation Policy has ...READ MORE
India is home to the largest child population in the world, with almost 42 per cent of the total population under eighteen years of age One of the issues marring this ...READ MORE
Reforming criminals Judgement was given in a majority judgment of the five-judge Constitution Bench led by Chief Justice of India H.L. Dattu observed in the Rajiv Gandhi killers’ remission case. They noted that ...READ MORE
National Capital Goods Policy was introduced to spur capital goods sector and the Make in India initiative. It was unveiled during the Make in India Week programme Objective Increase production of capital goods from Rs. ...READ MORE
For the first time, Long Range Surface to Air Missile (LRSAM), jointly designed and developed by IAI, Israel and DRDO, has been successfully flight tested from an Israeli Naval Platform. ...READ MORE
MINISTRY - The Tourism Ministry AIM - to develop theme-based tourist circuits in the country. These tourist circuits will be developed on the principles of high tourist value, competitiveness and sustainability in an ...READ MORE
The report was commissioned to identify the changing dynamics of the workforce with regard to prevention of sexual harassment of women, revealed that uncertainty, caution and introspection were highly prevalent ...READ MORE
ಚೀನಾ ಗಡಿಯ ಸೈನಿಕರಿಗೂ ಪೂರ್ಣ ಪಿಂಚಣಿ ಭಾರತ–ಚೀನಾ ವಿವಾದಿತ ಗಡಿ ಪ್ರದೇಶದಲ್ಲಿ ಕರ್ತವ್ಯ ನಿರ್ವಹಿಸುವ ವೇಳೆ ಮೃತಪಟ್ಟ ಅಥವಾ ಗಾಯಗೊಂಡ ಸೈನಿಕರ ಕುಟುಂಬಗಳಿಗೆ ಪೂರ್ತಿ ಪಿಂಚಣಿ ನೀಡಲು ರಕ್ಷಣಾ ಇಲಾಖೆ ನಿರ್ಧರಿಸಿದೆ. ಕಳೆದ ವಾರ ಮಾಜಿ ಸೈನಿಕರ ಕಲ್ಯಾಣ ಇಲಾಖೆಯು 3,488 ಕಿಲೋ ಮೀಟರ್ ...READ MORE
A new chapter in the country’s transport sector has been initiated which moves towards clean fuel, India’s first liquefied natural gas-driven bus was launched in Kerala. Union Petroleum and Natural Gas ...READ MORE
All about National Civil Aviation Policy, 2016
Protection of Children from Sexual Offences
SC judgement : Remission of sentences
National Capital Goods Policy
LRSAM Successfully Flight-Tested
Swadesh Darshan Scheme
Fostering Safe Workplaces- Report by FICCI – EY
10th ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
Kerala becomes first State in India to roll
Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015