- Karnataka state will get its first air ambulance facility in the New Year.
- The Chief Minister Siddaramaiah formally launched the air ambulances on 16th Dec, commercial operations will begin in January 2017.
- Arun Sharma, managing director, Aviators Air Rescue Limited, the service provider, said necessary clearances have been sought from the Director General of Civil Aviation to operate air ambulances.
- The services are from one airport to another as company didn’t get permission to land on site.
- The air ambulance would help patients reach destinations faster besides helping transport organs, blood units, drugs or medical equipment, he explained. H130 helicopters are medically configured with emergency medical services, advanced life support medical equipment and a stretcher.
Air ambulance will have:
- The air ambulance will have a doctor and a paramedic.
- If the patient is minor, an attendant will be allowed to fly. The ambulance can support a patient for 90 to 180 minutes
- The service provider has tied up with several private hospitals in Bengaluru.
- Patients would be picked up from their homes or hospitals by road and taken to a nearby airport. From there, they would be flown to an airport closer to their chosen destination.
- It is a subscription-based model.
- For an individual subscription, the cost would be Rs 9,000 a year while a family subscription would cost Rs 18,000.
- Once the subscription is availed of, the service can be used any number of times throughout the year. Individuals without subscription would have to pay Rs 1.75 lakh per hour.
- The company has plans to launch similar services in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Kerala to begin with and later extend them to other states.
- To avail of the service one can call the emergency number 155350.
What causes pilot whales to get disoriented? Pilot whales are highly sensitive to noise pollution, caused by man-made sounds that interfere with echolocation. This makes them susceptible to disorientation from a ...READ MORE
A nationally representative study on smoking and death in India (published in 2008) found that smoking causes a large and growing number of premature deaths in the country. The study ...READ MORE
Brazil says the number of babies born with microcephaly or abnormally small heads since October has now reached nearly 4,000. The authorities there believe the increase is caused by an outbreak ...READ MORE
Trade Facilitation agreement TFA is divided into three parts. Section 1 contains provisions on simplification of border clearance procedures and adoption of new transparency measures and consists of 12 Articles. These 12 ...READ MORE
Aviation MRO in the country is currently worth $ 700 million and is set to reach $ 2 billion by 2020 Maintenance, repair and operations(MRO) involves fixing any sort of mechanical, ...READ MORE
The state government will buy fodder from farmers to help them in the wake of the drought, Agriculture Minister Krishna Byre Gowda said on 6th Dec A government order in this ...READ MORE
Please find below the sample question paper of the previous year test-1 To Register yourself for the Test Series: https://www.instamojo.com/nammakpsc/?ref=profile_barREAD MORE
India is home to the largest child population in the world, with almost 42 per cent of the total population under eighteen years of age One of the issues marring this ...READ MORE
Database soon of medicinal plants, traditional healthcare The State could soon have a modern database of local medicinal plants and knowledge pertaining to traditional healthcare practices created using Geographical Information System ...READ MORE
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) report is titled “Biodegradable Plastics and Marine Litter: Misconceptions, Concerns and Impacts on Marine Environments” Toys, athletic goods, and household goods sectors used the largest amount ...READ MORE
Beaching of whales
Measures to curb smoking
Brazil Zika outbreak
Trade Facilitation agreement- details and implementation
Maintenance, repair and operations(MRO) industry
Karnataka – State to buy fodder from farmers
UPSC/KPSC TEST SERIES
Protection of Children from Sexual Offences
Database soon of medicinal plants and traditional healthcare
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) report on plastics