- Karnataka state will get its first air ambulance facility in the New Year.
- The Chief Minister Siddaramaiah formally launched the air ambulances on 16th Dec, commercial operations will begin in January 2017.
- Arun Sharma, managing director, Aviators Air Rescue Limited, the service provider, said necessary clearances have been sought from the Director General of Civil Aviation to operate air ambulances.
- The services are from one airport to another as company didn’t get permission to land on site.
- The air ambulance would help patients reach destinations faster besides helping transport organs, blood units, drugs or medical equipment, he explained. H130 helicopters are medically configured with emergency medical services, advanced life support medical equipment and a stretcher.
Air ambulance will have:
- The air ambulance will have a doctor and a paramedic.
- If the patient is minor, an attendant will be allowed to fly. The ambulance can support a patient for 90 to 180 minutes
- The service provider has tied up with several private hospitals in Bengaluru.
- Patients would be picked up from their homes or hospitals by road and taken to a nearby airport. From there, they would be flown to an airport closer to their chosen destination.
- It is a subscription-based model.
- For an individual subscription, the cost would be Rs 9,000 a year while a family subscription would cost Rs 18,000.
- Once the subscription is availed of, the service can be used any number of times throughout the year. Individuals without subscription would have to pay Rs 1.75 lakh per hour.
- The company has plans to launch similar services in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Kerala to begin with and later extend them to other states.
- To avail of the service one can call the emergency number 155350.
In a departure from protocol, Prime Minister Narendra Modi received Abu Dhabi’s Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan at the airport as he arrived in New Delhi for ...READ MORE
The union government approved the hybrid annuity model for building national highways, paving the way for construction of 28 projects worth Rs. 36,000 crore this fiscal year. The move will speed ...READ MORE
Chemistry Nobel for mapping how cells repair damaged DNA Tomas Lindahl, Paul L. Modrich and Aziz Sancar were awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry for having mapped and explained how the ...READ MORE
As the froth in Bellandur and Varthur lakes evoke shock and disgust from citizens, an 18-member expert committee formed to chalk out a solution had noticed that there were “too ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government on 7th April flayed the Goa tourism department's decision to evict Lambanis, a Kannada-speaking nomadic tribe, from the beaches, terming it "anti-democratic" and an "attack on the ...READ MORE
For import of an aircraft following steps were necessary till now For remittance of funds for import of aircraft, the approval of the ministry was mandatory. Scheduled Operators (airlines) and Regional Scheduled ...READ MORE
National Urban Information System (NUIS) is the project of Ministry of Urban Development with Survey of India as the focal point. National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) of ISRO has prepared geospatial ...READ MORE
Karnataka Draft film policy Why in News: The committee, headed by Karnataka Chalanachitra Academy chairman S V Rajendra Singh Babu, submitted its Kannada Film Policy report to Chief Minister Karnataka Film Chambers of ...READ MORE
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the "Digital India Week" on 1st July, 2015Following are the projects and products that have been launched, or are ready for deployment, as part of ...READ MORE
To crackdown on the menace of fake AYUSH doctors, registration of Ayurvedic, Naturopathy, Siddha, Unani, and Yoga practitioners has been made mandatory in the State. The Legislative Assembly on Thursday passed ...READ MORE
India-UAE ties: A roadmap for deeper cooperation
All you need to know about HYBRID ANNUITY
Nobel Prize winners: 2015
Bellandur Lake: British firm offers to revive the
Karnataka flays Goa’s move to evict Lambani tribes
Relaxed norms for aircraft import
National Urban Information System
KAS Challengers 2016: About Karnataka Draft Film Policy
Karnataka: Lower House passes bill to regulate Ayush