- Karnataka state will get its first air ambulance facility in the New Year.
- The Chief Minister Siddaramaiah formally launched the air ambulances on 16th Dec, commercial operations will begin in January 2017.
- Arun Sharma, managing director, Aviators Air Rescue Limited, the service provider, said necessary clearances have been sought from the Director General of Civil Aviation to operate air ambulances.
- The services are from one airport to another as company didn’t get permission to land on site.
- The air ambulance would help patients reach destinations faster besides helping transport organs, blood units, drugs or medical equipment, he explained. H130 helicopters are medically configured with emergency medical services, advanced life support medical equipment and a stretcher.
Air ambulance will have:
- The air ambulance will have a doctor and a paramedic.
- If the patient is minor, an attendant will be allowed to fly. The ambulance can support a patient for 90 to 180 minutes
- The service provider has tied up with several private hospitals in Bengaluru.
- Patients would be picked up from their homes or hospitals by road and taken to a nearby airport. From there, they would be flown to an airport closer to their chosen destination.
- It is a subscription-based model.
- For an individual subscription, the cost would be Rs 9,000 a year while a family subscription would cost Rs 18,000.
- Once the subscription is availed of, the service can be used any number of times throughout the year. Individuals without subscription would have to pay Rs 1.75 lakh per hour.
- The company has plans to launch similar services in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Kerala to begin with and later extend them to other states.
- To avail of the service one can call the emergency number 155350.
KEEPING OUR COMMITMENT TO PROVIDE QUALITY CURRENT AFFAIRS.. NammaKPSC WILL BE CONDUCTING ITS 5th FREE SESSION THIS SUNDAY DID YOU MISS READING IMPORTANT ISSUES THIS MONTH? DONT WORRY... COME THIS ...READ MORE
ಚಂದ್ರಯಾನ-2 ಉಡಾವಣೆ ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ಗೆ ಮುಂದೂಡಿಕೆ: ಇಸ್ರೋ ಚಂದ್ರನ ಮೂಲ ಮತ್ತು ಅದರ ವಿಕಾಸದ ಕುರಿತು ವೈಜ್ಞಾನಿಕ ಅಧ್ಯಯನ ನಡೆಸಲು ಮುಂದಿನ ತಿಂಗಳು ಉಡಾವಣೆಯಾಗಬೇಕಿದ್ದ ಚಂದ್ರಯಾನ-2 ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ ತಿಂಗಳಿಗೆ ಮುಂದೂಡಲಾಗಿದೆ ಎಂದು ಇಸ್ರೋ ತಿಳಿಸಿದೆ. ಇತ್ತೀಚೆಗೆ ನಡೆದ ತಜ್ಞರ ಸಭೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಚಂದ್ರಯಾನ-2 ನೌಕೆಯನ್ನು ಮತ್ತಷ್ಟು ...READ MORE
The state government will buy fodder from farmers to help them in the wake of the drought, Agriculture Minister Krishna Byre Gowda said on 6th Dec A government order in this ...READ MORE
FAME – India is an abbreviation for Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India Government of India approved the National Mission on Electric Mobility in 2011 and subsequently ...READ MORE
The Indian Railways will join hands with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to get online satellite imagery for improving safety and enhancing efficiency. a massive exercise of GIS [Geographical Information ...READ MORE
ಆರೋಗ್ಯ ವಿಮೆ: ಸಾವಿರಕ್ಕೂ ಹೆಚ್ಚು ಪ್ಯಾಕೇಜ್ ಬಡವರು ಹಾಗು ಹಿಂದುಳಿದ ಸಮುದಾಯದ ಜನರಿಗಾಗಿ ವೈದ್ಯಕೀಯ ವಿಮೆ ಒದಗಿಸುವ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ಮಹತ್ವಾಕಾಂಕ್ಷೆಯ ಆಯುಷ್ಮಾನ್ ಭಾರತ್– ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ಆರೋಗ್ಯ ಸುರಕ್ಷಾ ಯೋಜನೆ (ಎನ್ಎಚ್ಪಿಎಂ) ಅಡಿಯಲ್ಲಿ 1,347 ಚಿಕಿತ್ಸಾ ಸೇವೆಗಳು ದೊರೆಯಲಿವೆ . ಈ ಯೋಜನೆಗೆ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ...READ MORE
The project to move Tipu Sultan’s armoury has crossed a critical phase. The armoury is being moved 100 metres to make way for a railway track. The spectacular engineering effort is ...READ MORE
How the bill was passed? A bill to legalise traditional buffalo race "Kambala" and bullock cart races in Karnataka was passed by the state Assembly on 13th Feb with all parties backing ...READ MORE
The Centre is planning to revive a cluster of gold mines at Kolar Gold Fields shut for 15 years but with an estimated $2.1 billion worth of deposits left as ...READ MORE
BDA to maintain 379.22 acres as public space The Cabinet has given approval for handing over to BDA 379.22 acres of land comprising tankbed, gomal and government land in Arkavathy and ...READ MORE
FREE SUNDAY CURRENT AFFAIRS CLASS
24th ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
Karnataka – State to buy fodder from farmers
FAME – India
ISRO to help put railway safety back on
23rd ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
Karnataka: Tipu’s armoury shifting starts smooth
Karnataka: Bill passed to allow Kambala
Govt to consider reviving KGF that has $2
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams