- Karnataka state will get its first air ambulance facility in the New Year.
- The Chief Minister Siddaramaiah formally launched the air ambulances on 16th Dec, commercial operations will begin in January 2017.
- Arun Sharma, managing director, Aviators Air Rescue Limited, the service provider, said necessary clearances have been sought from the Director General of Civil Aviation to operate air ambulances.
- The services are from one airport to another as company didn’t get permission to land on site.
- The air ambulance would help patients reach destinations faster besides helping transport organs, blood units, drugs or medical equipment, he explained. H130 helicopters are medically configured with emergency medical services, advanced life support medical equipment and a stretcher.
Air ambulance will have:
- The air ambulance will have a doctor and a paramedic.
- If the patient is minor, an attendant will be allowed to fly. The ambulance can support a patient for 90 to 180 minutes
- The service provider has tied up with several private hospitals in Bengaluru.
- Patients would be picked up from their homes or hospitals by road and taken to a nearby airport. From there, they would be flown to an airport closer to their chosen destination.
- It is a subscription-based model.
- For an individual subscription, the cost would be Rs 9,000 a year while a family subscription would cost Rs 18,000.
- Once the subscription is availed of, the service can be used any number of times throughout the year. Individuals without subscription would have to pay Rs 1.75 lakh per hour.
- The company has plans to launch similar services in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Kerala to begin with and later extend them to other states.
- To avail of the service one can call the emergency number 155350.
Former High Court judge Justice P Vishwanath Shetty was sworn in as the Karnataka Lokayukta, a year after the post fell vacant following a bribery scandal that had hit the ...READ MORE
Metro rail is a vital component of the transformation of the urban transport scenario in India. With urban population continuously growing, there is a need for green solutions. Mass Rapid Transit Systems are fast, safe and ...READ MORE
Researchers have identified a brain region that links anxious temperament to low social status. In the study, researchers performed a series of experiments on rats to identify the brain areas involved ...READ MORE
Union Cabinet has approved several amendments to the national power tariff policy with a view to promote renewable energy and improve the ease of doing business for developers in the ...READ MORE
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given its approval for creation of buffer stock of pulses. Background: Although India is the highest producer of pulses in the world, its ...READ MORE
This State Sponsored scheme was introduced during 1991-92 to cover urban poor whose annual income is less than Rs.32,000. The beneficiaries are selected by the Ashraya Committee, comprising of both official ...READ MORE
National Urban Information System (NUIS) is the project of Ministry of Urban Development with Survey of India as the focal point. National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) of ISRO has prepared geospatial ...READ MORE
Aditya, India’s first dedicated scientific mission to study the sun is likely to get a go-ahead from the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) Its is a joint venture between ISRO and physicists ...READ MORE
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) is leading the National Mental Health Survey (NMHS) with support from the Union Health Ministry A team of nearly 60 experts from ...READ MORE
ವಾಕ್ ಸ್ವಾತಂತ್ರ್ಯದ ಹಕ್ಕು ಸ್ವೇಚ್ಛಾನುಸಾರವಲ್ಲ, ಆದ್ದರಿಂದ ಮಾನಹಾನಿಗೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಿಸಿದ ಐಪಿಸಿಯ ದಂಡನಾರ್ಹ ಕಲಂಗಳಿಗೆ ಸಾಂವಿಧಾನಿಕ ಸಿಂಧುತ್ವ ಇದೆ ಎಂದು ಸುಪ್ರೀಂಕೋರ್ಟ್ ಸ್ಪಷ್ಟಪಡಿಸಿದೆ. ಮಾನಹಾನಿಗೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಿಸಿದ ಭಾರತೀಯ ದಂಡ ಸಂಹಿತೆಯ (ಐಪಿಸಿ) ಕಲಂ 499 ಮತ್ತು 500 ಹಾಗೂ ಅಪರಾಧ ಪ್ರಕ್ರಿಯಾ ಸಂಹಿತೆಯ (ಸಿಪಿಸಿ) ...READ MORE
Karnataka gets Lokayukta after a year – Justice
Urban Development-Bengaluru Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL)
Anxiety is related to social status
National Power Tariff Policy
Long term measures to increase production of pulses
Rural Development – Housing – Urban Ashraya/Vajpayee Housing
National Urban Information System
India’s solar mission – Aditya
Mental health survey by NIMHANS
ಮಾನಹಾನಿಯ ಸ್ವರೂಪ ಆಗಲಿ ಪುನರ್ವಿಮರ್ಶೆ