- Karnataka state will get its first air ambulance facility in the New Year.
- The Chief Minister Siddaramaiah formally launched the air ambulances on 16th Dec, commercial operations will begin in January 2017.
- Arun Sharma, managing director, Aviators Air Rescue Limited, the service provider, said necessary clearances have been sought from the Director General of Civil Aviation to operate air ambulances.
- The services are from one airport to another as company didn’t get permission to land on site.
- The air ambulance would help patients reach destinations faster besides helping transport organs, blood units, drugs or medical equipment, he explained. H130 helicopters are medically configured with emergency medical services, advanced life support medical equipment and a stretcher.
Air ambulance will have:
- The air ambulance will have a doctor and a paramedic.
- If the patient is minor, an attendant will be allowed to fly. The ambulance can support a patient for 90 to 180 minutes
- The service provider has tied up with several private hospitals in Bengaluru.
- Patients would be picked up from their homes or hospitals by road and taken to a nearby airport. From there, they would be flown to an airport closer to their chosen destination.
- It is a subscription-based model.
- For an individual subscription, the cost would be Rs 9,000 a year while a family subscription would cost Rs 18,000.
- Once the subscription is availed of, the service can be used any number of times throughout the year. Individuals without subscription would have to pay Rs 1.75 lakh per hour.
- The company has plans to launch similar services in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Kerala to begin with and later extend them to other states.
- To avail of the service one can call the emergency number 155350.
The 68th Republic Day parade in New Delhi's Rajpath was a colourful affair tableaux from 17 states and Union Territories showcased the varied historical, art and cultural heritage of the ...READ MORE
The state forest department has issued a notification allowing culling of wild boars in Ramanagara distric, by declaring them vermin. The notification issued by the Ramanagara forest office which has legalized the ...READ MORE
In a first-of-its-kind initiative, the Mangaluru City Corporation in Karnataka will officially unveil its IT-based initiative to track and control malaria cases on October 17. The initiative would be through software ...READ MORE
The Government of Karnataka has allotted 323 acres of land for the formation of Housing Projects for the members of economically weaker Section of the Society 190 Acres of land has been handed ...READ MORE
The Union Cabinet has approved the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015, as reported by the Select Committee of Rajya Sabha. The Bill will now be taken up for ...READ MORE
Karnataka Draft film policy Why in News: The committee, headed by Karnataka Chalanachitra Academy chairman S V Rajendra Singh Babu, submitted its Kannada Film Policy report to Chief Minister Karnataka Film Chambers of ...READ MORE
The year 2016 marks an end of the era of Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), which drove the global development agenda since the new millennium. The MDGs have paved the way for ...READ MORE
Karnataka govt to hike anganwadi workers' honorarium The state government on 10th April agreed to increase the monthly honorarium of anganwadi workers and helpers by Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 respectively, ...READ MORE
IRNSS is an independent regional navigation satellite system being developed by India. It is designed to provide accurate position information service to users in India as well as the region ...READ MORE
India Celebrate 68th Republic Day – Highlights
Department allows farmers in Ramanagara district to kill
IT-based malaria control initiative
Urban Development-Construction of Houses for EWS
Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015
KAS Challengers 2016: About Karnataka Draft Film Policy
SDG 3: big agenda, big opportunities for India
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System
Juvenile Justice (Amendment) Bill, 2015