- Karnataka state will get its first air ambulance facility in the New Year.
- The Chief Minister Siddaramaiah formally launched the air ambulances on 16th Dec, commercial operations will begin in January 2017.
- Arun Sharma, managing director, Aviators Air Rescue Limited, the service provider, said necessary clearances have been sought from the Director General of Civil Aviation to operate air ambulances.
- The services are from one airport to another as company didn’t get permission to land on site.
- The air ambulance would help patients reach destinations faster besides helping transport organs, blood units, drugs or medical equipment, he explained. H130 helicopters are medically configured with emergency medical services, advanced life support medical equipment and a stretcher.
Air ambulance will have:
- The air ambulance will have a doctor and a paramedic.
- If the patient is minor, an attendant will be allowed to fly. The ambulance can support a patient for 90 to 180 minutes
- The service provider has tied up with several private hospitals in Bengaluru.
- Patients would be picked up from their homes or hospitals by road and taken to a nearby airport. From there, they would be flown to an airport closer to their chosen destination.
- It is a subscription-based model.
- For an individual subscription, the cost would be Rs 9,000 a year while a family subscription would cost Rs 18,000.
- Once the subscription is availed of, the service can be used any number of times throughout the year. Individuals without subscription would have to pay Rs 1.75 lakh per hour.
- The company has plans to launch similar services in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Kerala to begin with and later extend them to other states.
- To avail of the service one can call the emergency number 155350.
The Agriculture Ministry has extended by a month the deadline for States to utilise funds under the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY) for implementation of micro irrigation projects. About Rs. ...READ MORE
What is Jallikattu? Jallikattu is an ancient bull taming blood sport played in Tamil Nadu. It's a part of Pongal celebrations on Mattu Pongal day According to experts, the term Jallikattu is derived ...READ MORE
Provision of infrastructure services is fundamental to economic growth and urban development. Urban infrastructure covers following: Water supply (for drinking, industrial, commercial and public usages), Sanitation (including Sewerage and Drainage), Domestic Energy, Road Infrastructure and Urban Transport. Water ...READ MORE
The Rajya Sabha cleared the Juvenile Justice (Amendment) Bill, 2015 The bill lowers the age of a legally defined juvenile from 18 to 16 in the case of heinous crimes.. The Bill ...READ MORE
City Cluster Development: City Cluster Development (CCD) is an urban led strategy towards promotion of economic and social development under which closely located areas of human settlements are linked together functionally, structurally and spatially to form ...READ MORE
The process of getting fish-catch data related to inland fisheries is expected to get revolutionised with the development of a mobile-based application.The app, which has been developed by the Central ...READ MORE
State wants restaurants to display service charge rule Hotels and restaurants in Karnataka will soon have to display boards saying ‘service charge’ is voluntary. They can’t add the charge in their ...READ MORE
With the reopening of the Mysuru zoo after it was declared bird flu-free, more animals are set to join the zoo’s vast collection as part of the animal exchange programme ...READ MORE
To crackdown on the menace of fake AYUSH doctors, registration of Ayurvedic, Naturopathy, Siddha, Unani, and Yoga practitioners has been made mandatory in the State. The Legislative Assembly on Thursday passed ...READ MORE
Govt to ensure private firms enforce retirement age rule The labour department will conduct inspections to ensure that employers implement the state government’s decision to enhance the retirement age of employees ...READ MORE
States get more time to spend funds under
Jallikattu Explained – History – Controversy – PETA
Karnataka Urban Infrastructure – Water Supply
Juvenile Justice (Amendment) Bill, 2015
Urban Development: City Cluster Development & Heritage Based
Fishery Friends- Karnataka
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Mysuru zoo gets – ‘bird flu-free’ tag –
Karnataka: Lower House passes bill to regulate Ayush
Karnataka State Updates for KAS/KPSC Exams – 26th