- What is the scheme – Income declaration scheme
- How –
- Who is eligible –
- Who is not eligible
What is the scheme – Income declaration scheme
- A limited-period Compliance Window to declare undisclosed income or income represented in the form of any asset and clear up their past tax transgressions
- The scheme provides immunity from wealth tax, scrutiny and prosecution and from the Benami Transaction Act
- The scheme will be kept open for four months from June 1.
- by paying tax at 30 per cent,
- Krishi Kalyan surcharge at 7.5 per cent and
- penalty at 7.5 per cent
- ie. a total of 45 per cent of the undisclosed income.
Who is eligible –
- for domestic taxpayers
- Undisclosed income of any financial year up to 2015-16 can be brought overground through this window.
Who is not eligible
- People who have received notices under Sections 142 (1), 143 (2), 148, 153A or 153C of the Income Tax Act are not eligible to disclose previously concealed income.
- Cases where a search or survey has been conducted and the time for issuance of notice under the relevant provisions of the Act has not expired
- Cases where information is received under an agreement with foreign countries regarding such income
- Cases covered under the Black Money Act, 2015
- Persons notified under Special Court Act, 1992,
- Cases covered under Indian Penal Code, the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967, and the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.
- Experts believe this may prove a dampener for the scheme.This could be a dampener for the scheme as it would exclude potential disclosures from people who received notices seeking a regular explanation on the returns they had filed
- Usually, many cases, especially of high net worth individuals, are picked up mechanically for scrutiny and notices are issued. Some notices are issued on the basis of returns filed by the taxpayer, and are not necessarily linked to undisclosed income.
The railways have started installing point of sale (PoS) machines at as many as 73 reservation counters. The facility will also be made available at parcel counters, where payments can be ...READ MORE
A permanent museum dedicated to the Partition of India in 1947 – to be called Yadgar-e-Taqseem or Memories of Partition – will be opened in Amritsar in early 2017, to ...READ MORE
Water Programme (NRDWP): In order to meet adequate and safe drinking water supply requirements in rural areas, particularly in areas where coverage is less than 55 lpcd and in those ...READ MORE
ವರದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏನಿದೆ? ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟ ಜಾತಿಯಲ್ಲೂ ತೀರಾ ಹಿಂದುಳಿದ ಜಾತಿಗಳಿಗೆ ಮೀಸಲಾತಿ ಸೌಲಭ್ಯ ಸಿಗುತ್ತಿಲ್ಲ; ಕೆಲವೇ ಜಾತಿಗಳು ಮಾತ್ರ ಈ ಸೌಲಭ್ಯ ಪಡೆಯುತ್ತಿವೆ ಎಂಬ ದೂರು ಕೇಳಿ ಬಂದಿದ್ದರಿಂದ 2005ರ ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂಬರ್ನಲ್ಲಿ ಸದಾಶಿವ ಆಯೋಗ ರಚಿಸಲಾಗಿತ್ತು. ಆಯೋಗವು 2012ರಲ್ಲಿ ಸರ್ಕಾರಕ್ಕೆ ವರದಿ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿತ್ತು. ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟ ಜಾತಿಯ ವರಿಗೆ ...READ MORE
The state government is all set to introduce postgraduate and short-term courses in public health for non-medical staff working in various government hospitals across the state. The Department of Health and ...READ MORE
The first step has been taken towards removal of Karnataka Lokayukta Y. Bhaskar Rao by the Opposition Bharatiya Janata Party and Janata Dal (Secular). They submitted separate petitions to Legislative Assembly ...READ MORE
Empowered Committee formed to develop ring roads around 25 cities The State Cabinet has constituted an Empowered Committee for development of ring roads around 25 cities, mainly district headquarters, under the ...READ MORE
The Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015 was passed by the Parliament recently The provisions of the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Act, 2015 shall be deemed to have come into force on the ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government on 7th April flayed the Goa tourism department's decision to evict Lambanis, a Kannada-speaking nomadic tribe, from the beaches, terming it "anti-democratic" and an "attack on the ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Railways instals PoS machines at 73 reservation
Amritsar’s Partition museum
Rural Development-National Rural Drinking & Desert Development Programme
ಸದಾಶಿವ ಆಯೋಗ ವರದಿ
Karnataka Govt to introduce public health courses for
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 14th
Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015 notified
Karnataka flays Goa’s move to evict Lambani tribes
Blockchain – Technology behind Bit coin