- What is the scheme – Income declaration scheme
- How –
- Who is eligible –
- Who is not eligible
What is the scheme – Income declaration scheme
- A limited-period Compliance Window to declare undisclosed income or income represented in the form of any asset and clear up their past tax transgressions
- The scheme provides immunity from wealth tax, scrutiny and prosecution and from the Benami Transaction Act
- The scheme will be kept open for four months from June 1.
- by paying tax at 30 per cent,
- Krishi Kalyan surcharge at 7.5 per cent and
- penalty at 7.5 per cent
- ie. a total of 45 per cent of the undisclosed income.
Who is eligible –
- for domestic taxpayers
- Undisclosed income of any financial year up to 2015-16 can be brought overground through this window.
Who is not eligible
- People who have received notices under Sections 142 (1), 143 (2), 148, 153A or 153C of the Income Tax Act are not eligible to disclose previously concealed income.
- Cases where a search or survey has been conducted and the time for issuance of notice under the relevant provisions of the Act has not expired
- Cases where information is received under an agreement with foreign countries regarding such income
- Cases covered under the Black Money Act, 2015
- Persons notified under Special Court Act, 1992,
- Cases covered under Indian Penal Code, the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967, and the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.
- Experts believe this may prove a dampener for the scheme.This could be a dampener for the scheme as it would exclude potential disclosures from people who received notices seeking a regular explanation on the returns they had filed
- Usually, many cases, especially of high net worth individuals, are picked up mechanically for scrutiny and notices are issued. Some notices are issued on the basis of returns filed by the taxpayer, and are not necessarily linked to undisclosed income.
India's Act East Policy focusses on the extended neighbourhood in the Asia-Pacific region. The policy which was originally conceived as an economic initiative, has gained political, strategic and cultural dimensions including ...READ MORE
National Urban Information System (NUIS) is the project of Ministry of Urban Development with Survey of India as the focal point. National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) of ISRO has prepared geospatial ...READ MORE
As per the latest assessment (Year-2011) of Dynamic Ground Water Resources, carried out jointly by Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) and the State Governments, out of 6607 assessment units (Blocks/ ...READ MORE
Construction of individual household toilets for families in the rural areas who do not have toilets. To improve the standard of living of the rural people and reformation in the health ...READ MORE
What is a genome ? The genome of an organism is the whole of its hereditary information encoded in its DNA. Within DNA there is a unique chemical code that guides ...READ MORE
Blockchain is the technology behind web-based cryptocurrency bitcoin. Cyrptocurrencies such as bitcoin have been making a lot of buzz over the last few years The underlying blockchain technology emerged from the shadows of cryptocurrencies ...READ MORE
Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) will train construction workers workingin its poat graduate campus. They will be trained in six basic skills related to their work by the varsity, which has been ...READ MORE
Why in News: The Centre’s flagship scheme to distribute free liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) connections to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) families, has received a lacklustre response in the state. In the ...READ MORE
ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ಯೋಜನೆ ಕನರ್ಾಟಕ ರಾಜ್ಯದಲ್ಲಿ ಸಮಗ್ರ ಶಿಶು ಅಬಿವೃದ್ದಿ ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು ಪ್ರಾಯೋಗಿಕವಾಗಿ 2ನೇ ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ 1975 ರಂದು ಮೈಸೂರು ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಯ, ಟಿ. ನರಸೀಪುರ ತಾಲ್ಲೂಕಿನಲ್ಲಿ 100 ಅಂಗನವಾಡಿ ಕೇಂದ್ರಗಳೊಂದಿಗೆ ಪ್ರಾರಂಬಿಸಲಾಯಿತು. ಈಗ ರಾಜ್ಯದ ಎಲ್ಲಾ ಕತಾಲ್ಲೂಕುಗಳಿಗೆ ವಿಸ್ತರಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಗಬರ್ಿಣಿ, ಬಾಣಂತಿ, ಕಿಶೋರಿಯರು ಮತ್ತು ...READ MORE
ವಿದೇಶಿ ನೇರ ಹೂಡಿಕೆ (ಎಫ್ಡಿಐ) ನಿಯಮಗಳನ್ನು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಸಡಿಲಗೊಳಿಸಿದೆ. ರಿಯಲ್ ಎಸ್ಟೇಟ್, ರಕ್ಷಣೆ, ನಾಗರಿಕ ವಿಮಾನ ಯಾನ ಮತ್ತು ಸುದ್ದಿ ಪ್ರಸಾರ ಸೇರಿದಂತೆ 15 ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರಗಳನ್ನು ವಿದೇಶಿ ಹೂಡಿಕೆಗೆ ತೆರೆದಿರಿಸಿದೆ. ನಿರ್ಮಾಣ ರಂಗದಲ್ಲಿ ಹೂಡಿಕೆ ಮಾಡುವುದಕ್ಕೆ ಇರುವ ನಿರ್ಬಂಧಗಳನ್ನು ಸಡಿಲಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಯೋಜನೆ ಪೂರ್ಣಗೊಳ್ಳುವ ...READ MORE
Act East Policy
National Urban Information System
Ground water management
Rural Development- Objectives of Swachha Bharat
Genome Editing and its controversy
Blockchain – Technology behind Bit coin
VTU to train construction workers
Not many takers in state for free LPG connections
ಸಮಗ್ರ ಶಿಶು ಅಬಿವೃದ್ದಿ ಯೋಜನೆ
ವಿದೇಶಿ ಹೂಡಿಕೆ ನಿಯಮ ಸಡಿಲ