- What is the scheme – Income declaration scheme
- How –
- Who is eligible –
- Who is not eligible
What is the scheme – Income declaration scheme
- A limited-period Compliance Window to declare undisclosed income or income represented in the form of any asset and clear up their past tax transgressions
- The scheme provides immunity from wealth tax, scrutiny and prosecution and from the Benami Transaction Act
- The scheme will be kept open for four months from June 1.
- by paying tax at 30 per cent,
- Krishi Kalyan surcharge at 7.5 per cent and
- penalty at 7.5 per cent
- ie. a total of 45 per cent of the undisclosed income.
Who is eligible –
- for domestic taxpayers
- Undisclosed income of any financial year up to 2015-16 can be brought overground through this window.
Who is not eligible
- People who have received notices under Sections 142 (1), 143 (2), 148, 153A or 153C of the Income Tax Act are not eligible to disclose previously concealed income.
- Cases where a search or survey has been conducted and the time for issuance of notice under the relevant provisions of the Act has not expired
- Cases where information is received under an agreement with foreign countries regarding such income
- Cases covered under the Black Money Act, 2015
- Persons notified under Special Court Act, 1992,
- Cases covered under Indian Penal Code, the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967, and the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.
- Experts believe this may prove a dampener for the scheme.This could be a dampener for the scheme as it would exclude potential disclosures from people who received notices seeking a regular explanation on the returns they had filed
- Usually, many cases, especially of high net worth individuals, are picked up mechanically for scrutiny and notices are issued. Some notices are issued on the basis of returns filed by the taxpayer, and are not necessarily linked to undisclosed income.
Scientists have set out to explore the medicinal properties of the Ganga water This will help to either use the pristine water or elements isolated from it in clinical therapies. While four ...READ MORE
Bannerghatta park ‘buffer’ zone shrinks Initially proposed ESZ area was 269 sq. km, now it is 181 sq. km The ‘safe’ area around the city’s lung spaces seems to getting smaller by ...READ MORE
ವಿದೇಶಿ ನೇರ ಹೂಡಿಕೆ (ಎಫ್ಡಿಐ) ನಿಯಮಗಳನ್ನು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಸಡಿಲಗೊಳಿಸಿದೆ. ರಿಯಲ್ ಎಸ್ಟೇಟ್, ರಕ್ಷಣೆ, ನಾಗರಿಕ ವಿಮಾನ ಯಾನ ಮತ್ತು ಸುದ್ದಿ ಪ್ರಸಾರ ಸೇರಿದಂತೆ 15 ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರಗಳನ್ನು ವಿದೇಶಿ ಹೂಡಿಕೆಗೆ ತೆರೆದಿರಿಸಿದೆ. ನಿರ್ಮಾಣ ರಂಗದಲ್ಲಿ ಹೂಡಿಕೆ ಮಾಡುವುದಕ್ಕೆ ಇರುವ ನಿರ್ಬಂಧಗಳನ್ನು ಸಡಿಲಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಯೋಜನೆ ಪೂರ್ಣಗೊಳ್ಳುವ ...READ MORE
HELLO FRIENDS, KPSC will be conducting the first round of GAZETTED PROBATIONARY EXAMINATION (Preliminary round) to fill 400+ GROUP A AND GROUP B POSTS IN VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS. With regard to this, Team NammaKPSC ...READ MORE
Home minister G Parameshwara said that the state government has decided to provide five per cent reservation for sportspersons in the recruitments of police department. The government would do everything possible ...READ MORE
The Karnataka Agriculture Prices Commission (KAPC) submitted its much awaited report, prescribing scientifically calculated “cost of cultivation” for 17 major crops. In the report by KAPC, headed by agricultural economist T.N. ...READ MORE
Degradation seeing forest landscape disappear: CAG-commissioned study A staggering 3,660 sq.km. of evergreen and deciduous forests have disappeared over the past four decades, while 267 sq.km of built-up area and buildings ...READ MORE
A pre-recruitment training programme proposed by the Karnataka government for those aspiring to get into the Indian Army is all set to be launched. The admission process for the programme will ...READ MORE
Tirthahalli taluk in grip of Kyasanur Forest Disease Tirthahalli taluk continues to remain in the grip of Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD), also known as monkey fever, as four positive cases among ...READ MORE
Waste management: High on intent, little on ground yet The last two years have seen multiple waste management initiatives announced from new waste-to-energy plants to clean-up marshals to enforce segregation and ...READ MORE
Ganga water for medicinal properties
Karnataka Current Affairs for KAS / KPSC Exams
ವಿದೇಶಿ ಹೂಡಿಕೆ ನಿಯಮ ಸಡಿಲ
MISSION PRELIMS 2017
Karnataka will reserve 5% jobs in police force
KAPC report on cost of cultivation
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka: Govt to prepare state’s youths for Army
Karnataka State Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams