- What is the scheme – Income declaration scheme
- How –
- Who is eligible –
- Who is not eligible
What is the scheme – Income declaration scheme
- A limited-period Compliance Window to declare undisclosed income or income represented in the form of any asset and clear up their past tax transgressions
- The scheme provides immunity from wealth tax, scrutiny and prosecution and from the Benami Transaction Act
- The scheme will be kept open for four months from June 1.
- by paying tax at 30 per cent,
- Krishi Kalyan surcharge at 7.5 per cent and
- penalty at 7.5 per cent
- ie. a total of 45 per cent of the undisclosed income.
Who is eligible –
- for domestic taxpayers
- Undisclosed income of any financial year up to 2015-16 can be brought overground through this window.
Who is not eligible
- People who have received notices under Sections 142 (1), 143 (2), 148, 153A or 153C of the Income Tax Act are not eligible to disclose previously concealed income.
- Cases where a search or survey has been conducted and the time for issuance of notice under the relevant provisions of the Act has not expired
- Cases where information is received under an agreement with foreign countries regarding such income
- Cases covered under the Black Money Act, 2015
- Persons notified under Special Court Act, 1992,
- Cases covered under Indian Penal Code, the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967, and the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.
- Experts believe this may prove a dampener for the scheme.This could be a dampener for the scheme as it would exclude potential disclosures from people who received notices seeking a regular explanation on the returns they had filed
- Usually, many cases, especially of high net worth individuals, are picked up mechanically for scrutiny and notices are issued. Some notices are issued on the basis of returns filed by the taxpayer, and are not necessarily linked to undisclosed income.
Denmark the least corrupt country, India at 76th position India has climbed nine points to rank 76th in this year’s global corruption index topped by Denmark, with watchdog Transparency International calling ...READ MORE
TransFats : Trans fats, also called partially hydrogenated oils, are created when hydrogen is added to vegetable oil to make it more solid. They do help give a more solid texture ...READ MORE
About World Radio Day World Radio Day is observed on February 13 to celebrate radio as a medium to promote and access information. After originally proposed by the Kingdom of Spain, UNESCO ...READ MORE
The Surya Kiran series of military exercises are being conducted annually, alternatively in India and Nepal. Surya Kiran series of military exercises with Nepal is largest in terms of troop’s ...READ MORE
The Karnataka Knowledge Commission (KKC) is coming out with a strategy to utilise Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) technology in the sectors of town planning, crop and forest survey, pollution monitoring, civic operations among ...READ MORE
Programmes to control Non communicable diseases National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke (NPCDCS)- which is implemented for interventions up to District level under the National Health ...READ MORE
ಒಟ್ಟು ಜನಸಂಖ್ಯೆಯಲ್ಲಿ 18 ವಯೋಮಿತಿಯ ಒಳಗಿರುವ ಮಕ್ಕಳ ಶೇಕಡಾ ವಾರು ಜನಸಂಖ್ಯೆಯು ಗಣನೀಯ ವಾಗಿರುತ್ತದೆ. ಈ ಮಕ್ಕಳಿಗೆ ಶಿಕ್ಷಣಕ್ಕೆ ಅನುವುಮಾಡುವಂತಹ, ಆಥರ್ಿಕ ಮತ್ತು ಲೈಂಗಿಕವಾಗಿ ಶೋಷಿತರಾಗದಂತೆ ರಕ್ಷಿಸುವ ಮತ್ತು ಘನತೆಯಿಂದ ಸುರಕ್ಷಿತರಾಗಿ ಬಾಳುವಂತೆ ಮಾಡುವ ವಾತಾವರಣವನ್ನು ಸೃಷ್ಠಿಸಬೇಕಾಗಿದೆ. ಮಗು ಹುಟ್ಟಿದ ದಿನದಿಂದ 18 ...READ MORE
The Aadhaar enrolment in Karnataka reached a milestone on 15th Feb as it crossed the six-crore mark, after over six-and-a-half years after the exercise began. The registration in the State now ...READ MORE
Piped natural gas and compressed natural gas will soon be available in Tumakuru, Belagavi and Dharwad districts. Work on the City Gas Distribution (CGD) project has already begun in these districts. Petroleum ...READ MORE
Introduction The norm for providing potable drinking water is 55 litres per capita per day (LPCD) with a provision of 3 litres for drinking, 5 litres for cooking, 15 litres for ...READ MORE
The Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) for 2015
Food And Health
World Radio Day 2017 – ‘Radio is You’!
10th Indo-Nepal Joint Exercise Surya Kiran Commences
Study group to chart out roadmap for tapping
Non communicable diseases
ಚೈಲ್ಡ್ ಟ್ರ್ಯಾಕಿಂಗ್ ಪದ್ದತಿ
Karnataka: Aadhaar enrolment crosses six-crore mark
Tumakuru, Belagavi & Dharwad districts to soon get
Rural Development – Rural Water Supply – KAS/KPSC