- The country is witnessing a start-up revolution and to harness the potential of India’s innovators and entrepreneurs a vibrant financial ecosystem is essential.
- India’s is at number three in terms of Start-ups launched. Very soon, India is expected to take over UK in terms of start-ups launched and would be behind only to USA.
- Govt has taken announced few programmes to encourage start ups in India
Start-up India, Stand up India
- On 15 August, 2015 on the Independence Day speech, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi announced ‘Start-up India, Stand up India’ campaign.
- This will promote bank financing for start-ups and offer incentives to boost entrepreneurship and job creation.
- This initiative will encourage entrepreneurship among the youth of India. Each of the 1.25 lakh bank branches should encourage at least one Dalit or tribal entrepreneur and at least one woman entrepreneur
India Aspiration Fund
- Set up by Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to boost the starts-up Fund-of-funds ecosystem in the country.
- IAF is a Fund-of-fund managed by Small Industries development Bank of India (SIDBI) which is India’s Principal Financial Institution for the promotion, financing and development of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector.
- The India Aspiration Fund is intended to play a vital role in this financial ecosystem.
- The Fund is expected to catalyze tens of thousands of crore of equity investment in start-ups and MSMEs, creating employment for lakhs of persons, mostly educated youth over the next 4-5 years.
- LIC has also agreed to be a partner and co investor in the India Aspriation Fund.
- SIDBI Make in India Loan for Small Enterprises (SMILE) Scheme of Rs. 10,000 crore.- to catalyse investment under “Make in India” campaign for MSMEs
Need for new funds
- Nearly 90 per cent of the venture capital in Indian startups is coming from overseas.
- The govt is trying to create a domestic VC industry and the Rs.2,000 crore allotted from this fund would enable seed funding for entrepreneurs and innovators
- We need innovations that solve Indian consumers’ problems, with a grassroots-level movement. Foreign venture capital firms tend to have a bias towards replicating business models proven in developed countries,
KEDB to open eco-trails around Bengaluru in August The Karnataka Eco-Tourism Development Board (KEDB) will throw open 10 eco-trails for tourists. These trekking trails include famous and lesser-known hillocks and reserve ...READ MORE
Pantharapalya slum is situated near Rajarajeshwarinagar in land of 6 A. 4 G. declared by KSDB during 2001. There are 1088 families with 6000 population belonging to different sections of the ...READ MORE
Karnataka State sets up 7th pay commission The State government on 1st June constituted the seventh pay commission and appointed the former IAS officer Srinivas Murthy as its chairman. Chief Minister Siddaramaiah ...READ MORE
Hassan poet chosen for national event Poet Ja.Na.Tejashree has been chosen to represent Kannada poetry in the National Symposium of Poets of 2018, an annual event conducted by All India Radio. Ms. ...READ MORE
Community health officers to help mitigate problem of doctors shortage Mysuru Medical College and Research Institute (MMCRI) is one among the two medical institutions in the State selected by the Ministry ...READ MORE
Karnataka Cabinet clears anti-superstition bill The Karnataka Cabinet today cleared the much-awaited anti-superstition bill to prevent and eradicate "inhuman evil practices" and said it would be tabled in the next state ...READ MORE
State to file revision petition in SC on quashed SC/ST promotions The Cabinet on 17th March decided to file a revision petition challenging the Supreme Court ruling which struck down the consequential ...READ MORE
ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ಉದ್ಯಾನ: ಸುರಕ್ಷತಾ ವಲಯದಲ್ಲಿ ಗಣಿಗಾರಿಕೆ ಬನ್ನೇರುಘಟ್ಟ ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ಉದ್ಯಾನದ ಸುರಕ್ಷತಾ ವಲಯದಲ್ಲಿರುವ ರಾಗಿಹಳ್ಳಿ ಬಳಿ ನಿಯಮಗಳನ್ನು ಗಾಳಿಗೆ ತೂರಿ ಕಲ್ಲು ಗಣಿಗಾರಿಕೆಗೆ ಅವಕಾಶ ಕಲ್ಪಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಇದರಿಂದ ವನ್ಯಜೀವಿಗಳಿಗೆ ತೊಂದರೆ ಉಂಟಾಗುತ್ತಿದೆ ಎಂದು ವೃಕ್ಷಾ ಪ್ರತಿಷ್ಠಾನ ಆರೋಪಿಸಿದೆ. ‘ರಾಗಿಹಳ್ಳಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಕಲ್ಲು ಗಣಿಗಾರಿಕೆ ನಡೆಯುತ್ತಿದೆ. ಇಲ್ಲಿ ...READ MORE
ಚೀನಾದ ಬಾಹ್ಯಾಕಾಶ ಪ್ರಯೋಗಾಲಯ ಸಮುದ್ರದಲ್ಲಿ ಪತನ ಟಿಯಾಂಗಾಂಗ್ -1 ಹೆಸರಿನ ಚೀನಾದ ಬಾಹ್ಯಾಕಾಶ ಪ್ರಯೋಗಾಲಯ ಪೆಸಿಫಿಕ್ ಸಾಗರದಲ್ಲಿ ಪತನಗೊಂಡಿದೆ ಎಂದು ಚೀನಾದ ಬಾಹ್ಯಾಕಾಶ ಅಧ್ಯಯನ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ ದೃಢಪಡಿಸಿದೆ. ಬಾಹ್ಯಾಕಾಶ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರದಲ್ಲಿ ಮಹಾತ್ವಾಕಾಂಕ್ಷೆ ಹೊಂದಿರುವ ಚೀನಾ, ಬಾಹ್ಯಾಕಾಶದ ಪ್ರಯೋಗಗಳಿಗೆ ಬಳಸಿಕೊಳ್ಳಲು 2011ರಲ್ಲಿ ಟಿಯಾಂಗಾಂಗ್-1 ಅನ್ನು ಕಕ್ಷೆಗೆ ...READ MORE
The passage of 74th CAA has provided new opportunities for urban governance reforms in the country. The municipal bodies have for the first time been provided the constitutional status of the ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Urban Development Karnataka -Successful Initiatives – BSUP
Karnataka Current Affairs for KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 1st-3rd
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 27th
18th March 2017 – Today’s Karnataka State Current
19th ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
2nd ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
Urban Development – 74th Constitutional Amendment Act