- The country is witnessing a start-up revolution and to harness the potential of India’s innovators and entrepreneurs a vibrant financial ecosystem is essential.
- India’s is at number three in terms of Start-ups launched. Very soon, India is expected to take over UK in terms of start-ups launched and would be behind only to USA.
- Govt has taken announced few programmes to encourage start ups in India
Start-up India, Stand up India
- On 15 August, 2015 on the Independence Day speech, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi announced ‘Start-up India, Stand up India’ campaign.
- This will promote bank financing for start-ups and offer incentives to boost entrepreneurship and job creation.
- This initiative will encourage entrepreneurship among the youth of India. Each of the 1.25 lakh bank branches should encourage at least one Dalit or tribal entrepreneur and at least one woman entrepreneur
India Aspiration Fund
- Set up by Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to boost the starts-up Fund-of-funds ecosystem in the country.
- IAF is a Fund-of-fund managed by Small Industries development Bank of India (SIDBI) which is India’s Principal Financial Institution for the promotion, financing and development of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector.
- The India Aspiration Fund is intended to play a vital role in this financial ecosystem.
- The Fund is expected to catalyze tens of thousands of crore of equity investment in start-ups and MSMEs, creating employment for lakhs of persons, mostly educated youth over the next 4-5 years.
- LIC has also agreed to be a partner and co investor in the India Aspriation Fund.
- SIDBI Make in India Loan for Small Enterprises (SMILE) Scheme of Rs. 10,000 crore.- to catalyse investment under “Make in India” campaign for MSMEs
Need for new funds
- Nearly 90 per cent of the venture capital in Indian startups is coming from overseas.
- The govt is trying to create a domestic VC industry and the Rs.2,000 crore allotted from this fund would enable seed funding for entrepreneurs and innovators
- We need innovations that solve Indian consumers’ problems, with a grassroots-level movement. Foreign venture capital firms tend to have a bias towards replicating business models proven in developed countries,
From March 26th Yeshwantpur-Hassan Intercity Express on new line Trains are set to chug on the new Chikbanavar-Hassan railway line with the railways setting March 26 as tentative date for the inauguration ...READ MORE
100 to be relaunched with response time of 6 seconds The police control room number ‘100’ is being relaunched under a new name ‘Namma-100’ with a promise that calls would be ...READ MORE
The year 2016 marks an end of the era of Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), which drove the global development agenda since the new millennium. The MDGs have paved the way for ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government’s spending on infrastructure development, also called capital expenditure, has declined over the years, mainly on account of shrinking revenue surplus position and slackness in tax efforts. The capital ...READ MORE
The IS claims to be more than a militant group, selling itself as a government for the world’s Muslims that provides a range of services in the territory it controls. The ...READ MORE
The Rajya Sabha passed the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015, The bill seeks to make the resolution of cheque bounce cases a speedier and less inconvenient affair. It introduces an amendment that ...READ MORE
Bengaluru will join Delhi in rolling out BS-6 emission norms A steady rise in air pollution has prompted Karnataka State Pollution Control Board and other stakeholders to implement Bharat Stage-6 emission ...READ MORE
State’s wait for pneumonia vaccine under UIP set to get longer It may take at least two more years for the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV), introduced now in the Universal Immunisation ...READ MORE
In a development that gives a big boost to the aviation industry in Karnataka, aerospace major Boeing is holding talks with the state government on setting up a new aircraft ...READ MORE
The cultural carnival, ‘Hampi Utsav’ was off to a colourful start at Eduru Basavanna main stage at Hampi, once the capital of the mighty Vijayanagara empire, on Thursday with Chief ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS /KPSC Exams –
Karnatka Current Afffairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
SDG 3: big agenda, big opportunities for India
Karnataka Government’s spending on infrastructure comes down
Islamic State losing support
Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 22nd Nov
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka: Boeing in talks with govt to set
Cultural carnival Hampi Utsav off to a colourful