- The country is witnessing a start-up revolution and to harness the potential of India’s innovators and entrepreneurs a vibrant financial ecosystem is essential.
- India’s is at number three in terms of Start-ups launched. Very soon, India is expected to take over UK in terms of start-ups launched and would be behind only to USA.
- Govt has taken announced few programmes to encourage start ups in India
Start-up India, Stand up India
- On 15 August, 2015 on the Independence Day speech, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi announced ‘Start-up India, Stand up India’ campaign.
- This will promote bank financing for start-ups and offer incentives to boost entrepreneurship and job creation.
- This initiative will encourage entrepreneurship among the youth of India. Each of the 1.25 lakh bank branches should encourage at least one Dalit or tribal entrepreneur and at least one woman entrepreneur
India Aspiration Fund
- Set up by Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to boost the starts-up Fund-of-funds ecosystem in the country.
- IAF is a Fund-of-fund managed by Small Industries development Bank of India (SIDBI) which is India’s Principal Financial Institution for the promotion, financing and development of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector.
- The India Aspiration Fund is intended to play a vital role in this financial ecosystem.
- The Fund is expected to catalyze tens of thousands of crore of equity investment in start-ups and MSMEs, creating employment for lakhs of persons, mostly educated youth over the next 4-5 years.
- LIC has also agreed to be a partner and co investor in the India Aspriation Fund.
- SIDBI Make in India Loan for Small Enterprises (SMILE) Scheme of Rs. 10,000 crore.- to catalyse investment under “Make in India” campaign for MSMEs
Need for new funds
- Nearly 90 per cent of the venture capital in Indian startups is coming from overseas.
- The govt is trying to create a domestic VC industry and the Rs.2,000 crore allotted from this fund would enable seed funding for entrepreneurs and innovators
- We need innovations that solve Indian consumers’ problems, with a grassroots-level movement. Foreign venture capital firms tend to have a bias towards replicating business models proven in developed countries,
A nationally representative study on smoking and death in India (published in 2008) found that smoking causes a large and growing number of premature deaths in the country. The study ...READ MORE
Why in News: Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Vientiane, Laos on Wednesday to attend two important meetings – the 14th Indo-Asean summit and the East Asia forum. Here is what you ...READ MORE
Tirthahalli taluk in grip of Kyasanur Forest Disease Tirthahalli taluk continues to remain in the grip of Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD), also known as monkey fever, as four positive cases among ...READ MORE
Government had entrusted MCC with responsibility of issuing building plans, collecting property tax Owners of houses and sites in MUDA (Mysuru Urban Development Authority) layouts will have to pay property tax ...READ MORE
Municipal Reforms Cell –DMA • An exclusive cell dedicated for municipal reforms. • Managed by Senior KAS and KMAS Officers and Professionals hired directly from the market. • The cell has in house Data Center with centralized ...READ MORE
2005ರ ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ 12ರಂದು ಜಾರಿ ಜನಸಾಮಾನ್ಯರೂ ಆಡಳಿತ ವ್ಯವಸ್ಥೆಯ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಪಡೆಯಲು ಅನುವಾಗುವ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಹಕ್ಕು ಕಾಯ್ದೆ. ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಹಕ್ಕು ಕಾಯ್ದೆ ಎಂದರೇನು? ನಾಗರಿಕರು ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಬಯಸಿ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿದ ಅರ್ಜಿಯನ್ನು ಪರೀಕ್ಷಿಸಿ, ಅದಕ್ಕೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಪಟ್ಟ ಸೂಕ್ತ ಮಾಹಿತಿಯನ್ನು ನಿಗದಿತ ಅವಧಿಯೊಳಗೆ ನೀಡುವುದು; ಆ ಮೂಲಕ ಆಡಳಿತ ವ್ಯವಹಾರದಲ್ಲಿ ...READ MORE
INS Khanderi, second of the Scorpene class submarine, was launched in Mumbai on Thursday. The submarine, which was launched at the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL), will undergo trials before being inducted ...READ MORE
Ministry aims to have a new auction policy for hydrocarbon blocks ready by the end of the current financial year. Marginal field policy In the recently announced marginal field policy, the government ...READ MORE
In a development that gives a big boost to the aviation industry in Karnataka, aerospace major Boeing is holding talks with the state government on setting up a new aircraft ...READ MORE
The Union Cabinet has approved the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015, as reported by the Select Committee of Rajya Sabha. The Bill will now be taken up for ...READ MORE
Measures to curb smoking
The 14th Indo-Asean summit and the East Asia
Karnataka State Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC
Karnataka: Property owners in MUDA layouts to pay
Urban Development – Municipal Reforms Cell –DMA &
ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಹಕ್ಕು ಕಾಯ್ದೆ(ಆರ್ಟಿಐ)
India’s Second Scorpene Submarine “Khanderi” Launched
New auction policy for natural gas
Karnataka: Boeing in talks with govt to set
Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015