- The country is witnessing a start-up revolution and to harness the potential of India’s innovators and entrepreneurs a vibrant financial ecosystem is essential.
- India’s is at number three in terms of Start-ups launched. Very soon, India is expected to take over UK in terms of start-ups launched and would be behind only to USA.
- Govt has taken announced few programmes to encourage start ups in India
Start-up India, Stand up India
- On 15 August, 2015 on the Independence Day speech, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi announced ‘Start-up India, Stand up India’ campaign.
- This will promote bank financing for start-ups and offer incentives to boost entrepreneurship and job creation.
- This initiative will encourage entrepreneurship among the youth of India. Each of the 1.25 lakh bank branches should encourage at least one Dalit or tribal entrepreneur and at least one woman entrepreneur
India Aspiration Fund
- Set up by Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to boost the starts-up Fund-of-funds ecosystem in the country.
- IAF is a Fund-of-fund managed by Small Industries development Bank of India (SIDBI) which is India’s Principal Financial Institution for the promotion, financing and development of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector.
- The India Aspiration Fund is intended to play a vital role in this financial ecosystem.
- The Fund is expected to catalyze tens of thousands of crore of equity investment in start-ups and MSMEs, creating employment for lakhs of persons, mostly educated youth over the next 4-5 years.
- LIC has also agreed to be a partner and co investor in the India Aspriation Fund.
- SIDBI Make in India Loan for Small Enterprises (SMILE) Scheme of Rs. 10,000 crore.- to catalyse investment under “Make in India” campaign for MSMEs
Need for new funds
- Nearly 90 per cent of the venture capital in Indian startups is coming from overseas.
- The govt is trying to create a domestic VC industry and the Rs.2,000 crore allotted from this fund would enable seed funding for entrepreneurs and innovators
- We need innovations that solve Indian consumers’ problems, with a grassroots-level movement. Foreign venture capital firms tend to have a bias towards replicating business models proven in developed countries,
An estimated million people are joining India’s workforce every month, thanks to its demographic dividend of a high number of youth in the population. As of now, the only employment data ...READ MORE
Bengaluru’s very own high-yielding tomato varieties of Arka Rakshak and Arka Samrat have helped their researchers bag a prestigious national award. A team of horticultural scientists from the Hessarghatta-based Indian Institute ...READ MORE
Aditya, India’s first dedicated scientific mission to study the sun is likely to get a go-ahead from the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) Its is a joint venture between ISRO and physicists ...READ MORE
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) report is titled “Biodegradable Plastics and Marine Litter: Misconceptions, Concerns and Impacts on Marine Environments” Toys, athletic goods, and household goods sectors used the largest amount ...READ MORE
The centre launched the following gold schemes recently: Gold Monetisation Scheme (GMS) Under the GMS, resident Indians can deposit gold at collection and purity testing centres certified by the Bureau of Indian ...READ MORE
A worrying re-emergence of diphtheria in Malappuram district of kerala, is putting at risk considerable swathes of its population. Atleast two children died of Diphtheria this year. Over a dozen Malappuram ...READ MORE
ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಕೃಷಿ ಸಚಿವಾಲಯವು ಇತ್ತೀಚೆಗೆ ತನ್ನ ‘ಆಹಾರ ಸುರಕ್ಷತಾ’ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮದಡಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ನಕಲಿ ಕೀಟನಾಶಕಗಳ ವಿರುದ್ಧ ವಿತರಕರು ಹಾಗೂ ಮಾರಾಟಗಾರರಲ್ಲಿ ಜಾಗೃತಿ ಮೂಡಿಸಲು ಪ್ರಯತ್ನಿಸುತ್ತಿದೆ. ಭಾರತೀಯ ವಾಣಿಜ್ಯೋದ್ಯಮ ಸಂಘಟನೆಗಳ ಮಹಾ ಒಕ್ಕೂಟ (ಫಿಕ್ಕಿ) ನಡೆಸಿದ ಅಧ್ಯಯನದ ಪ್ರಕಾರ, ದೇಶಿ ಕೃಷಿ ರಂಗದಲ್ಲಿ ₹ 25 ಸಾವಿರ ...READ MORE
In a significant victory, a young Indian lawyer won a hotly-contested election in the UN General Assembly for membership to the world body’s top body of legal experts, garnering the ...READ MORE
Home Minister G Parameshwara said that a special drive would be launched throughout the state to check the narcotics menace. Responding to a calling attention notice tabled by Ramachandra Gowda (BJP) in ...READ MORE
Govt plans to institute one of its kind Annual
Bengaluru’s tomato varieties get researchers national award
India’s solar mission – Aditya
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) report on plastics
Centre launches Gold schemes
After Diphtheria Deaths, Kerala Launches Vaccination Drive
ಆಹಾರ ಸುರಕ್ಷತಾ’ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮ
Indian Lawyer Aniruddha Rajput Elected To UN’s International
Karnataka will launch special drive to curb narcotics
State Issues – Solid Waste Management