- The country is witnessing a start-up revolution and to harness the potential of India’s innovators and entrepreneurs a vibrant financial ecosystem is essential.
- India’s is at number three in terms of Start-ups launched. Very soon, India is expected to take over UK in terms of start-ups launched and would be behind only to USA.
- Govt has taken announced few programmes to encourage start ups in India
Start-up India, Stand up India
- On 15 August, 2015 on the Independence Day speech, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi announced ‘Start-up India, Stand up India’ campaign.
- This will promote bank financing for start-ups and offer incentives to boost entrepreneurship and job creation.
- This initiative will encourage entrepreneurship among the youth of India. Each of the 1.25 lakh bank branches should encourage at least one Dalit or tribal entrepreneur and at least one woman entrepreneur
India Aspiration Fund
- Set up by Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to boost the starts-up Fund-of-funds ecosystem in the country.
- IAF is a Fund-of-fund managed by Small Industries development Bank of India (SIDBI) which is India’s Principal Financial Institution for the promotion, financing and development of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector.
- The India Aspiration Fund is intended to play a vital role in this financial ecosystem.
- The Fund is expected to catalyze tens of thousands of crore of equity investment in start-ups and MSMEs, creating employment for lakhs of persons, mostly educated youth over the next 4-5 years.
- LIC has also agreed to be a partner and co investor in the India Aspriation Fund.
- SIDBI Make in India Loan for Small Enterprises (SMILE) Scheme of Rs. 10,000 crore.- to catalyse investment under “Make in India” campaign for MSMEs
Need for new funds
- Nearly 90 per cent of the venture capital in Indian startups is coming from overseas.
- The govt is trying to create a domestic VC industry and the Rs.2,000 crore allotted from this fund would enable seed funding for entrepreneurs and innovators
- We need innovations that solve Indian consumers’ problems, with a grassroots-level movement. Foreign venture capital firms tend to have a bias towards replicating business models proven in developed countries,
The passage of 74th CAA has provided new opportunities for urban governance reforms in the country. The municipal bodies have for the first time been provided the constitutional status of the ...READ MORE
The Government has a well established strategy and institutional mechanism to effectively deal with terrorist financing and money laundering problem. The Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967(UAPA) and the Prevention of Money ...READ MORE
The year 2016 marks an end of the era of Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), which drove the global development agenda since the new millennium. The MDGs have paved the way for ...READ MORE
One cannot directly go to a private hospital for treatment under a government health scheme. First need to visit a government hospital &only when doctors refer to private hospitals owing to ...READ MORE
ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಕೃಷಿ ಸಚಿವಾಲಯವು ಇತ್ತೀಚೆಗೆ ತನ್ನ ‘ಆಹಾರ ಸುರಕ್ಷತಾ’ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮದಡಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ನಕಲಿ ಕೀಟನಾಶಕಗಳ ವಿರುದ್ಧ ವಿತರಕರು ಹಾಗೂ ಮಾರಾಟಗಾರರಲ್ಲಿ ಜಾಗೃತಿ ಮೂಡಿಸಲು ಪ್ರಯತ್ನಿಸುತ್ತಿದೆ. ಭಾರತೀಯ ವಾಣಿಜ್ಯೋದ್ಯಮ ಸಂಘಟನೆಗಳ ಮಹಾ ಒಕ್ಕೂಟ (ಫಿಕ್ಕಿ) ನಡೆಸಿದ ಅಧ್ಯಯನದ ಪ್ರಕಾರ, ದೇಶಿ ಕೃಷಿ ರಂಗದಲ್ಲಿ ₹ 25 ಸಾವಿರ ...READ MORE
Kawal Tiger Reserve in Andhra Pradesh has become more a safe zone for resurgent Maoists than tigers In the current phase of its resurgence, Maoist activity in the district is confined ...READ MORE
Union Cabinet has approved several amendments to the national power tariff policy with a view to promote renewable energy and improve the ease of doing business for developers in the ...READ MORE
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated First National Tribal Carnival-2016 in New Delhi on 25th Oct The tribal carnival would showcase the capabilities of the tribal communities, in the national capital. The Prime ...READ MORE
Urban Development – 74th Constitutional Amendment Act
KPSC Mains Paper
Strategy to deal with Terror Financing and Money
SDG 3: big agenda, big opportunities for India
Health Scheme: Patients have to visit govt hospitals
ಆಹಾರ ಸುರಕ್ಷತಾ’ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮ
Kawal Tiger Reserve – adobe of maoists
National Power Tariff Policy
National Tribal Carnival 2016
Indian RuPay card answer to Visa/Master Card?