- The country is witnessing a start-up revolution and to harness the potential of India’s innovators and entrepreneurs a vibrant financial ecosystem is essential.
- India’s is at number three in terms of Start-ups launched. Very soon, India is expected to take over UK in terms of start-ups launched and would be behind only to USA.
- Govt has taken announced few programmes to encourage start ups in India
Start-up India, Stand up India
- On 15 August, 2015 on the Independence Day speech, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi announced ‘Start-up India, Stand up India’ campaign.
- This will promote bank financing for start-ups and offer incentives to boost entrepreneurship and job creation.
- This initiative will encourage entrepreneurship among the youth of India. Each of the 1.25 lakh bank branches should encourage at least one Dalit or tribal entrepreneur and at least one woman entrepreneur
India Aspiration Fund
- Set up by Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to boost the starts-up Fund-of-funds ecosystem in the country.
- IAF is a Fund-of-fund managed by Small Industries development Bank of India (SIDBI) which is India’s Principal Financial Institution for the promotion, financing and development of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector.
- The India Aspiration Fund is intended to play a vital role in this financial ecosystem.
- The Fund is expected to catalyze tens of thousands of crore of equity investment in start-ups and MSMEs, creating employment for lakhs of persons, mostly educated youth over the next 4-5 years.
- LIC has also agreed to be a partner and co investor in the India Aspriation Fund.
- SIDBI Make in India Loan for Small Enterprises (SMILE) Scheme of Rs. 10,000 crore.- to catalyse investment under “Make in India” campaign for MSMEs
Need for new funds
- Nearly 90 per cent of the venture capital in Indian startups is coming from overseas.
- The govt is trying to create a domestic VC industry and the Rs.2,000 crore allotted from this fund would enable seed funding for entrepreneurs and innovators
- We need innovations that solve Indian consumers’ problems, with a grassroots-level movement. Foreign venture capital firms tend to have a bias towards replicating business models proven in developed countries,
Bengaluru to host global environment, sustainability fest Bengaluru will host the country’s largest environment and sustainability festival from October 2 to October 11. The international environmental festival, ‘Roundglass Samsara Festival 2017’, will ...READ MORE
The Vijayapura civic body will set them up at an estimated cost of Rs. 70 lakh To deal with the rising garbage issue in Vijayapura city and to reduce the transportation ...READ MORE
Scientific name Falco amurensis Conservation status IUCN- Least Concern Conservation efforts in Nagaland, India Introduction Amur Falcon is a small raptor of the falcon family.Its a small, slender, pigeon-sized bird of prey, and is noteworthy for undertaking ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government’s move to take up the much-needed upgrade of the award-winning Bhoomi software has come to a grinding halt. The government and the contractor – Accenture Services Pvt Ltd ...READ MORE
Mission Statement: The State Urban Livelihoods Mission will aim “to reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households by enabling them to access gainful self-employment & skilled wage employment opportunities, ...READ MORE
‘Rani Channamma University to ink MoUs with foreign universities’ Rani Channamma University will soon enter into agreements with universities in England and U.S., Vice-Chancellor of the university Shivanand Hosmani has said. These ...READ MORE
Bescom starts project to track the life cycle of transformers The power utility is implementing a new Distribution Transformer Lifecycle Management Software (DTLMS) for approximately three lakh transformers spread across eight ...READ MORE
Industrial hub gets eco clearance The Centre has given environmental clearance for setting up a Rs 91-crore industrial hub in Chamarajanagar district. The proposed hub, to come up on an area of ...READ MORE
Indian badminton ace Saina Nehwal notched up her first title after a career-threatening injury by claiming the Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Goldwith a hard-fought victory in the summit clash on ...READ MORE
Team assesses impact of pollution around Byramangala reservoir The pollution levels around Byramangala reservoir are so high that residents around it are finding it difficult to live, said members of the ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams
Karnataka: Five waste segregation units to be set
Bhoomi software upgrade project stuck over cost escalation
Urban Development: State Urban Livelihoods Mission (SULM)
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 19th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 18th
Sports: Saina Nehwal Lifts Malaysia Masters Grand Prix
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams