- The country is witnessing a start-up revolution and to harness the potential of India’s innovators and entrepreneurs a vibrant financial ecosystem is essential.
- India’s is at number three in terms of Start-ups launched. Very soon, India is expected to take over UK in terms of start-ups launched and would be behind only to USA.
- Govt has taken announced few programmes to encourage start ups in India
Start-up India, Stand up India
- On 15 August, 2015 on the Independence Day speech, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi announced ‘Start-up India, Stand up India’ campaign.
- This will promote bank financing for start-ups and offer incentives to boost entrepreneurship and job creation.
- This initiative will encourage entrepreneurship among the youth of India. Each of the 1.25 lakh bank branches should encourage at least one Dalit or tribal entrepreneur and at least one woman entrepreneur
India Aspiration Fund
- Set up by Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) to boost the starts-up Fund-of-funds ecosystem in the country.
- IAF is a Fund-of-fund managed by Small Industries development Bank of India (SIDBI) which is India’s Principal Financial Institution for the promotion, financing and development of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector.
- The India Aspiration Fund is intended to play a vital role in this financial ecosystem.
- The Fund is expected to catalyze tens of thousands of crore of equity investment in start-ups and MSMEs, creating employment for lakhs of persons, mostly educated youth over the next 4-5 years.
- LIC has also agreed to be a partner and co investor in the India Aspriation Fund.
- SIDBI Make in India Loan for Small Enterprises (SMILE) Scheme of Rs. 10,000 crore.- to catalyse investment under “Make in India” campaign for MSMEs
Need for new funds
- Nearly 90 per cent of the venture capital in Indian startups is coming from overseas.
- The govt is trying to create a domestic VC industry and the Rs.2,000 crore allotted from this fund would enable seed funding for entrepreneurs and innovators
- We need innovations that solve Indian consumers’ problems, with a grassroots-level movement. Foreign venture capital firms tend to have a bias towards replicating business models proven in developed countries,
Drinking water supply schemes under Rajiv Gandhi National Drinking Water Mission have been formulated in rural areas with surface water as source to tackle water quality problem. Habitations affected by chemical ...READ MORE
The Ministry of Road Transport & highways has issued a draft notification for implementation of BS-V and BS-VI norms for the automobile sector, covering the four wheeler category. The ministry has ...READ MORE
Why in News: The Centre’s flagship scheme to distribute free liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) connections to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) families, has received a lacklustre response in the state. In the ...READ MORE
‘Rani Channamma University to ink MoUs with foreign universities’ Rani Channamma University will soon enter into agreements with universities in England and U.S., Vice-Chancellor of the university Shivanand Hosmani has said. These ...READ MORE
The number of judges in the High Court of Karnataka has increased to 30, against the sanctioned strength of 62, with the swearing in of five additional judges on Monday. ...READ MORE
Researchers have identified a brain region that links anxious temperament to low social status. In the study, researchers performed a series of experiments on rats to identify the brain areas involved ...READ MORE
In order to curtail malpractices in the advertisement of AYUSH drugs, the Ministry of AYUSH has signed a MoU with the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI). Addressing the cases of ...READ MORE
Initiatives Taken Up Solid Waste Management: Municipal Solid Waste Management is one of the basic functions of the Municipalities. Rapid urbanization, heterogeneous nature of waste, lack of awareness among the public and various other stake ...READ MORE
Karnataka to provide legal assistance to IT association Minister for IT, Biotechnology and Tourism Priyank Kharge has assured of providing legal assistance to IT employees’ association in the State, according to ...READ MORE
Indian badminton ace Saina Nehwal notched up her first title after a career-threatening injury by claiming the Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Goldwith a hard-fought victory in the summit clash on ...READ MORE
Rural Development-Multi Village Scheme Project & Swachha Bharat
Draft notification for BS-V and BS-VI norms
Not many takers in state for free LPG connections
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka High Court gets five new additional judges
Anxiety is related to social status
MoU to co-regulate misleading advertisements in the AYUSH
State Issues – Solid Waste Management
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Sports: Saina Nehwal Lifts Malaysia Masters Grand Prix