- In a departure from protocol, Prime Minister Narendra Modi received Abu Dhabi’s Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan at the airport as he arrived in New Delhi for a three-day state visit
- Hours after his arrival, Al Nahyan expressed his keenness to the strengthen strategic relationship between the two countries.
- The Crown Prince, who is an influential leader in the UAE and is also the country’s Deputy Supreme Commander of the armed forces, had received PM Modi at the Abu Dhabi airport, along with his five brothers, during the PM’s visit last August
- Hours before the Crown Prince’s arrival, India also announced its willingness to extend help to the UAE to achieve its Mars Mission in 2025.
- Al Nahyan is accompanied by three of his brothers, one of whom is the Interior Minister
- The delegation also includes several top ministers and over 100 business tycoons, along with CEOs of top companies
- During the dialogue, the two sides are touch upon sectors from security to space, defence to nuclear energy. Over a dozen pacts are also expected to be signed
- UAE has deported about a dozen Indians with suspected links to the terror group.
- Officials said that joint production of defence equipment is another focus area, and under this initiative, UAE may make investments for manufacturing in India.
India to store oil for UAE
- The United Arab Emirates’ national oil company – Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) – has in the first deal of its kind agreed to store crude oil in India’s maiden strategic storage and give two-third of the commodity to it for free.
- India, which is 79 per cent dependent on imports to meet its crude oil needs, is building underground storage facilities at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh, and Mangalore and Padur in Karnataka to store about 5.33 million tonnes of crude oil to guard against global price shocks and supply disruptions.
- Adnoc is keen on taking half of the 1.5 million tonnes Mangalore facility
- It will stock 0.75 million tonnes or 6 million barrels of oil in one compartment of Mangalore facility. Of this, 0.5 million tonnes will belong to India and it can use it in emergencies. Adnoc will use the facility as a warehouse for trading its oil.
- The 1.33 million tonnes Visakhapatnam storage and 2.5 million tonnes Padur stockpile together with the 1.5 million tonnes Mangalore storage will be enough to meet nation’s oil requirement of about 10 days.
Water Resources Minister M B Patil on Wednesday informed the Legislative Council that it would be unscientific to desilt the Tungabhadra dam, which has about 33 tmcft of silt deposition. Replying ...READ MORE
The BMRDA had prepared the Structure Plan in 1998 based on the availability and future prospects in respect of the natural resources and infrastructure and the trend of urbanization in the region. The Structure Plan was ...READ MORE
Lancet urges response to heatwave exposure surge Topic: Environment and Ecology IN NEWS: The Lancet Countdown 2018 report recommends that the Indian policy makers must take a series of initiatives to mitigate ...READ MORE
Minimum basic for state govt staff may be fixed at Rs 16,350 The sixth pay commission constituted by the state government said on Saturday it is yet to finalise its report, ...READ MORE
Bill proposes 50% reservation for Karnataka students in NLSIU Students of Karnataka may soon get 50% reservation in Bengaluru’s premier legal education institution National Law School of India University (NLSIU). The State ...READ MORE
FSSAI notifies standards for honey & its products Why in news? The regulator FSSAI has come out with food safety standards for honey and its products, in a bid to curb ...READ MORE
ಸಾಹಿತ್ಯ ಅಕಾಡೆಮಿ ಗೌರವ ಪ್ರಶಸ್ತಿ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಸಾಹಿತ್ಯ ಅಕಾಡೆಮಿಯ 2017ನೇ ಸಾಲಿನ ಗೌರವ ಪ್ರಶಸ್ತಿಗೆ ಹಿರಿಯ ಸಾಹಿತಿಗಳಾದ ಬನ್ನಂಜೆ ಗೋವಿಂದಾಚಾರ್ಯ, ಪ್ರೊ. ಸೋಮಶೇಖರ ಇಮ್ರಾಪುರ, ಪ್ರೊ. ಎಚ್.ಜೆ. ಲಕ್ಕಪ್ಪಗೌಡ, ಪ್ರೊ. ಎನ್.ಎಸ್. ಲಕ್ಷ್ಮೀನಾರಾಯಣ ಭಟ್ಟ, ಕಸ್ತೂರಿ ಬಾಯರಿ ಭಾಜನರಾಗಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ತಲಾ ₹50,000 ನಗದು ಮತ್ತು ...READ MORE
New software detects GST defaulters with tax liability of nearly Rs. 400 crore Analysis of data after the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime was implemented in July last year in ...READ MORE
Criminalise marital rape: UNDP chief Recently Minister for Women and Child Welfare Maneka Gandhi submitted in Parliament that the government wouldn’t criminalise “marital rape,”. She said that the “concept of marital rape, as ...READ MORE
ಅಂತಾರಾಜ್ಯ ಜಲವಿವಾದ ಕೋಶ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಜಲ ಆಯೋಗದ ನಿರಂತರ ಎಚ್ಚರಿಕೆಯ ಬಳಿಕವೂ ರಾಜ್ಯದಲ್ಲಿನ ಅಂತಾರಾಜ್ಯ ಜಲವಿವಾದ ಕೋಶವನ್ನು (ಐಎಸ್ಡಬ್ಲ್ಯುಡಿ) ಅತಂತ್ರ ಸ್ಥಿತಿಯಲ್ಲೇ ಇಡಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಜಲಸಂಪನ್ಮೂಲ ಇಲಾಖೆಯ ಜಲಸಂಪನ್ಮೂಲ ಅಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆಯಡಿ (ಡಬ್ಲ್ಯುಆರ್ಡಿಒ) ಅಂತಾರಾಜ್ಯ ಜಲವಿವಾದ ಕೋಶವಿದೆ. ನೆರೆ ರಾಜ್ಯಗಳೊಂದಿಗಿನ ನದಿ ನೀರು ...READ MORE
To offset silt in Tungabhadra dam: State plans to
Urban Development: Structure Plan & BBMP
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 29th November
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 16th –
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
“24th ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
2nd ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 20th
Marital rape – Need to be criminalised?
“18th ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”