- In a departure from protocol, Prime Minister Narendra Modi received Abu Dhabi’s Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan at the airport as he arrived in New Delhi for a three-day state visit
- Hours after his arrival, Al Nahyan expressed his keenness to the strengthen strategic relationship between the two countries.
- The Crown Prince, who is an influential leader in the UAE and is also the country’s Deputy Supreme Commander of the armed forces, had received PM Modi at the Abu Dhabi airport, along with his five brothers, during the PM’s visit last August
- Hours before the Crown Prince’s arrival, India also announced its willingness to extend help to the UAE to achieve its Mars Mission in 2025.
- Al Nahyan is accompanied by three of his brothers, one of whom is the Interior Minister
- The delegation also includes several top ministers and over 100 business tycoons, along with CEOs of top companies
- During the dialogue, the two sides are touch upon sectors from security to space, defence to nuclear energy. Over a dozen pacts are also expected to be signed
- UAE has deported about a dozen Indians with suspected links to the terror group.
- Officials said that joint production of defence equipment is another focus area, and under this initiative, UAE may make investments for manufacturing in India.
India to store oil for UAE
- The United Arab Emirates’ national oil company – Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) – has in the first deal of its kind agreed to store crude oil in India’s maiden strategic storage and give two-third of the commodity to it for free.
- India, which is 79 per cent dependent on imports to meet its crude oil needs, is building underground storage facilities at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh, and Mangalore and Padur in Karnataka to store about 5.33 million tonnes of crude oil to guard against global price shocks and supply disruptions.
- Adnoc is keen on taking half of the 1.5 million tonnes Mangalore facility
- It will stock 0.75 million tonnes or 6 million barrels of oil in one compartment of Mangalore facility. Of this, 0.5 million tonnes will belong to India and it can use it in emergencies. Adnoc will use the facility as a warehouse for trading its oil.
- The 1.33 million tonnes Visakhapatnam storage and 2.5 million tonnes Padur stockpile together with the 1.5 million tonnes Mangalore storage will be enough to meet nation’s oil requirement of about 10 days.
It is a scheme by Government of Karnataka to harness Solar Energy for the benefit of the Farmer. This scheme will ensure solar panels are placed to generate electricity for running irrigation ...READ MORE
Here is the link for the PDF format: schedule-for-the-year-2017READ MORE
The state government will buy fodder from farmers to help them in the wake of the drought, Agriculture Minister Krishna Byre Gowda said on 6th Dec A government order in this ...READ MORE
The 68th Republic Day parade in New Delhi's Rajpath was a colourful affair tableaux from 17 states and Union Territories showcased the varied historical, art and cultural heritage of the ...READ MORE
The railways have started installing point of sale (PoS) machines at as many as 73 reservation counters. The facility will also be made available at parcel counters, where payments can be ...READ MORE
A new chapter in the country’s transport sector has been initiated which moves towards clean fuel, India’s first liquefied natural gas-driven bus was launched in Kerala. Union Petroleum and Natural Gas ...READ MORE
India is home to the largest child population in the world, with almost 42 per cent of the total population under eighteen years of age One of the issues marring this ...READ MORE
The state government is gearing up to set up a mini hydel project next to the Cauvery Wildlife Sanctuary, an elephant corridor, even as cases of jumbos straying out of ...READ MORE
ಮಳೆಯಾಶ್ರಿತ ಪ್ರದೇಶದ ರೈತರ ಜೀವನೋಪಾಯ ಉತ್ತಮಪಡಿಸಲು 'ಕೃಷಿ ಭಾಗ್ಯ' ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು ಜಾರಿಗೆ ತಂದಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ಸ್ವಾಭಾವಿಕ ಸಂಪನ್ಮೂಲ ಮಣ್ಣು ಮತ್ತು ನೀರಿನ ಸಂರಕ್ಷಣೆಯೊಂದಿಗೆ ಕೃಷಿ ಉತ್ಪಾದಕತೆ ಮತ್ತು ರೈತರು ಹಾಗೂ ಕೃಷಿ ಕಾರ್ಮಿಕರ ಆದಾಯ ಮಟ್ಟ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿಸುವುದು ಕೃಷಿ ಭಾಗ್ಯ ಯೋಜನೆಯ ಪ್ರಮುಖ ಉದ್ದೇಶವಾಗಿದೆ. ಮೊದಲ ...READ MORE
Karnataka Government Programme for KPSC exam: Surya Raitha
KPSC/KAS EXAMINATION SCHEDULE – 2017 (TENTATIVE)
Karnataka – State to buy fodder from farmers
India Celebrate 68th Republic Day – Highlights
Karnataka: Railways instals PoS machines at 73 reservation
Kerala becomes first State in India to roll
Protection of Children from Sexual Offences
Karnataka: Govt to set up hydel project in
Karnataka: Bill passed to allow Kambala