- In a departure from protocol, Prime Minister Narendra Modi received Abu Dhabi’s Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan at the airport as he arrived in New Delhi for a three-day state visit
- Hours after his arrival, Al Nahyan expressed his keenness to the strengthen strategic relationship between the two countries.
- The Crown Prince, who is an influential leader in the UAE and is also the country’s Deputy Supreme Commander of the armed forces, had received PM Modi at the Abu Dhabi airport, along with his five brothers, during the PM’s visit last August
- Hours before the Crown Prince’s arrival, India also announced its willingness to extend help to the UAE to achieve its Mars Mission in 2025.
- Al Nahyan is accompanied by three of his brothers, one of whom is the Interior Minister
- The delegation also includes several top ministers and over 100 business tycoons, along with CEOs of top companies
- During the dialogue, the two sides are touch upon sectors from security to space, defence to nuclear energy. Over a dozen pacts are also expected to be signed
- UAE has deported about a dozen Indians with suspected links to the terror group.
- Officials said that joint production of defence equipment is another focus area, and under this initiative, UAE may make investments for manufacturing in India.
India to store oil for UAE
- The United Arab Emirates’ national oil company – Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) – has in the first deal of its kind agreed to store crude oil in India’s maiden strategic storage and give two-third of the commodity to it for free.
- India, which is 79 per cent dependent on imports to meet its crude oil needs, is building underground storage facilities at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh, and Mangalore and Padur in Karnataka to store about 5.33 million tonnes of crude oil to guard against global price shocks and supply disruptions.
- Adnoc is keen on taking half of the 1.5 million tonnes Mangalore facility
- It will stock 0.75 million tonnes or 6 million barrels of oil in one compartment of Mangalore facility. Of this, 0.5 million tonnes will belong to India and it can use it in emergencies. Adnoc will use the facility as a warehouse for trading its oil.
- The 1.33 million tonnes Visakhapatnam storage and 2.5 million tonnes Padur stockpile together with the 1.5 million tonnes Mangalore storage will be enough to meet nation’s oil requirement of about 10 days.
Towards restorative criminal justice Purpose for which crminal justice was set up : securing life and property. Issues with the way criminal justice is designed and administered today No deterrance- because of the ...READ MORE
Startup India is a flagship initiative of the Government of India, intended to build a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation and Startups in the country that will drive sustainable economic growth and ...READ MORE
In order to curtail malpractices in the advertisement of AYUSH drugs, the Ministry of AYUSH has signed a MoU with the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI). Addressing the cases of ...READ MORE
The Mysuru Division of South Western Railways has initiated additional precautionary measures to beef up rail safety following the recent train accident near Kanpur that claimed nearly 150 lives. This includes ...READ MORE
Krishi Mela, the annual event organised by the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru (UAS-B) at Gandhi Krishi Vignana Kendra (GKVK) has been called off this time because of extreme drought ...READ MORE
The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)was set up under NITI. In the budget for 2014-15, Rs 150 crore was allotted for the innovation mission, which will replace the National Innovation Council, a ...READ MORE
Restoration of the 80-year-old house in which Jnanpith Award winner K. Shivaram Karanth spent most of his life has begun at Balavana in Puttur, 90 km from Mangaluru. The work is ...READ MORE
What does it say Its is set to roll out on January 1, 2016. As per the formula, vehicles with registration number ending with an odd number will be allowed on odd-number ...READ MORE
The famed Mysore Dasara also called the Nadahabba (state-festival) of the state is scheduled to be held from October 1 to 11, this year and here is what you should know. Poet Kanavi to ...READ MORE
Towards restorative criminal justice
All you need to know about Startup India
MoU to co-regulate misleading advertisements in the AYUSH
Karnataka: Mysuru Railway Division Intensifies Track Patrolling
Karnataka Draught: Krishi Mela called off
Atal Innovation Mission
Karanth’s house being restored
Delhi odd-even formula
Mysore Dasara: An insight into the Nadahabba
State Issues – Solid Waste Management