- In a departure from protocol, Prime Minister Narendra Modi received Abu Dhabi’s Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan at the airport as he arrived in New Delhi for a three-day state visit
- Hours after his arrival, Al Nahyan expressed his keenness to the strengthen strategic relationship between the two countries.
- The Crown Prince, who is an influential leader in the UAE and is also the country’s Deputy Supreme Commander of the armed forces, had received PM Modi at the Abu Dhabi airport, along with his five brothers, during the PM’s visit last August
- Hours before the Crown Prince’s arrival, India also announced its willingness to extend help to the UAE to achieve its Mars Mission in 2025.
- Al Nahyan is accompanied by three of his brothers, one of whom is the Interior Minister
- The delegation also includes several top ministers and over 100 business tycoons, along with CEOs of top companies
- During the dialogue, the two sides are touch upon sectors from security to space, defence to nuclear energy. Over a dozen pacts are also expected to be signed
- UAE has deported about a dozen Indians with suspected links to the terror group.
- Officials said that joint production of defence equipment is another focus area, and under this initiative, UAE may make investments for manufacturing in India.
India to store oil for UAE
- The United Arab Emirates’ national oil company – Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) – has in the first deal of its kind agreed to store crude oil in India’s maiden strategic storage and give two-third of the commodity to it for free.
- India, which is 79 per cent dependent on imports to meet its crude oil needs, is building underground storage facilities at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh, and Mangalore and Padur in Karnataka to store about 5.33 million tonnes of crude oil to guard against global price shocks and supply disruptions.
- Adnoc is keen on taking half of the 1.5 million tonnes Mangalore facility
- It will stock 0.75 million tonnes or 6 million barrels of oil in one compartment of Mangalore facility. Of this, 0.5 million tonnes will belong to India and it can use it in emergencies. Adnoc will use the facility as a warehouse for trading its oil.
- The 1.33 million tonnes Visakhapatnam storage and 2.5 million tonnes Padur stockpile together with the 1.5 million tonnes Mangalore storage will be enough to meet nation’s oil requirement of about 10 days.
The number of judges in the High Court of Karnataka has increased to 30, against the sanctioned strength of 62, with the swearing in of five additional judges on Monday. ...READ MORE
As per the latest assessment (Year-2011) of Dynamic Ground Water Resources, carried out jointly by Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) and the State Governments, out of 6607 assessment units (Blocks/ ...READ MORE
MP Nalin Kumar Kateel inaugurated MRPL's Kaushal Vikas Kendra (KVK) on 12th Feb. He emphasized the need to light the lamp of prosperity and knowledge in every home and every village, ...READ MORE
What is Great Canara Trail A section of the trail a 108 km route from Ulavi to Castlerock, falling within the ambit of Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve is being readied, with the ...READ MORE
Introduction The norm for providing potable drinking water is 55 litres per capita per day (LPCD) with a provision of 3 litres for drinking, 5 litres for cooking, 15 litres for ...READ MORE
The government, during the Budget session of the Parliament, plans to amend The mining law which is holding up mergers and acquisitions worth thousands of crore in the distressed commodities and ...READ MORE
The Government has launched Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) in the country. The aim, objective and salient features of CCTNS are : To fully computerize the process of crime ...READ MORE
Bengaluru Water Supply and Sewerage Board is an autonomous body formed by the State legislature under Bengaluru Water supply and Sewerage Board Act on 10-09-1964 for Water Supply & Sewage ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government has entered into an agreement with French multinational software company Dassault Systems to impart both short and long-term courses in aerospace and defence sectors using 3D design ...READ MORE
Karnataka High Court gets five new additional judges
Ground water management
MRPL’s Kaushal Vikas Kendra to train 60 youth
Everything you need to know about – “Great
Rural Development – Rural Water Supply – KAS/KPSC
MMDR Act of 2015 to be amended
Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems
Karnataka Economy: Bengaluru Water Supply and Sewerage Board
Karnataka: B’luru to get Centre of Excellence in
Implementation Of Namami Gange programme