- In a departure from protocol, Prime Minister Narendra Modi received Abu Dhabi’s Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan at the airport as he arrived in New Delhi for a three-day state visit
- Hours after his arrival, Al Nahyan expressed his keenness to the strengthen strategic relationship between the two countries.
- The Crown Prince, who is an influential leader in the UAE and is also the country’s Deputy Supreme Commander of the armed forces, had received PM Modi at the Abu Dhabi airport, along with his five brothers, during the PM’s visit last August
- Hours before the Crown Prince’s arrival, India also announced its willingness to extend help to the UAE to achieve its Mars Mission in 2025.
- Al Nahyan is accompanied by three of his brothers, one of whom is the Interior Minister
- The delegation also includes several top ministers and over 100 business tycoons, along with CEOs of top companies
- During the dialogue, the two sides are touch upon sectors from security to space, defence to nuclear energy. Over a dozen pacts are also expected to be signed
- UAE has deported about a dozen Indians with suspected links to the terror group.
- Officials said that joint production of defence equipment is another focus area, and under this initiative, UAE may make investments for manufacturing in India.
India to store oil for UAE
- The United Arab Emirates’ national oil company – Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) – has in the first deal of its kind agreed to store crude oil in India’s maiden strategic storage and give two-third of the commodity to it for free.
- India, which is 79 per cent dependent on imports to meet its crude oil needs, is building underground storage facilities at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh, and Mangalore and Padur in Karnataka to store about 5.33 million tonnes of crude oil to guard against global price shocks and supply disruptions.
- Adnoc is keen on taking half of the 1.5 million tonnes Mangalore facility
- It will stock 0.75 million tonnes or 6 million barrels of oil in one compartment of Mangalore facility. Of this, 0.5 million tonnes will belong to India and it can use it in emergencies. Adnoc will use the facility as a warehouse for trading its oil.
- The 1.33 million tonnes Visakhapatnam storage and 2.5 million tonnes Padur stockpile together with the 1.5 million tonnes Mangalore storage will be enough to meet nation’s oil requirement of about 10 days.
Here is the link for the PDF format: schedule-for-the-year-2017READ MORE
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme has been in operation in all the districts of Karnataka State since 2006-07 which is being implemented in a phased manner. The primary ...READ MORE
"ಬೇಟಿ ಬಚಾವೋ ಬೇಟಿ ಪಡಾವೋ' ಯೋಜನೆಯ ಅಂಗವಾಗಿ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರಕಾರವು "ಸುಕನ್ಯಾ ಸಮೃದ್ಧಿ' ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು 2 ಡಿಸೆಂಬರ್ 2014ರಂದು ಬಿಡುಗಡೆ ಮಾಡಿದೆ. ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಹೆಣ್ಣು ಮಕ್ಕಳ ಭವಿಷ್ಯಕ್ಕಾಗಿ 'ಸುಕನ್ಯಾ ಸಮೃದ್ಧಿ' ಹೆಸರಿನ ಉಳಿತಾಯ ಖಾತೆಯನ್ನು ಜಾರಿಗೆ ತಂದಿದೆ. ಹೆಣ್ಣು ಮಕ್ಕಳ ಆರ್ಥಿಕ ಸ್ವಾವಲಂಬನೆಗಾಗಿ ...READ MORE
For the first time in its history, the India Meteorological Department — best known for its monsoon forecasts — will issue a summer forecast for April, May and June Those involved ...READ MORE
ಜೀವಸತ್ವಗಳು (ವಿಟಮಿನ್) ನಮ್ಮ ದೇಹದ ವಿವಿಧ ಕಾರ್ಯಗಳಿಗೆ ಅತ್ಯವಶ್ಯಕವಾಗಿ ಬೇಕಾದ ಅಂಶಗಳು. ನಾವು ಸೇವಿಸುವ ಆಹಾರದಲ್ಲಿನ ಜೀವಸತ್ವಗಳು ಪಚನವಾಗಿ ರಕ್ತದಲ್ಲಿ ಹೀರುವಂತಾಗಲು ಜಿಡ್ಡಿನಂಶದ ಅಗತ್ಯಕ್ಕೆ ಅನುಗುಣವಾಗಿ ಅವುಗಳನ್ನು ಜಿಡ್ಡಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಕರಗುವ ಮತ್ತು ನೀರಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಕರಗುವ (Water Soluble) ಜೀವಸತ್ವಗಳೆಂದು ವಿಂಗಡಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಜೀವಸತ್ವ ಎ.ಡಿ.ಇ.ಕೆ.ಗಳನ್ನು (ವಿಟಮಿನ್ ...READ MORE
A plot of land for India to build its first naval base in the Indian Ocean region has been allocated by the Seychelles government in the Assumption Island. Its is a joint ...READ MORE
Scientists at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) are working on a high-tech 3D sketching tool that will allow designers to sketch on a 3D canvas with better precision and ...READ MORE
The Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015 was passed by the Parliament recently The provisions of the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Act, 2015 shall be deemed to have come into force on the ...READ MORE
The Union Cabinet has approved the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015, as reported by the Select Committee of Rajya Sabha. The Bill will now be taken up for ...READ MORE
KPSC/KAS EXAMINATION SCHEDULE – 2017 (TENTATIVE)
Rural Development- Rural Employment and Livelihood-
In a first, IMD to bring out summer
India’s naval base in Seychelles
IISc scientists work on tool for 3D sketching
Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015 notified
Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015
Testing ranges for missiles