- In a departure from protocol, Prime Minister Narendra Modi received Abu Dhabi’s Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan at the airport as he arrived in New Delhi for a three-day state visit
- Hours after his arrival, Al Nahyan expressed his keenness to the strengthen strategic relationship between the two countries.
- The Crown Prince, who is an influential leader in the UAE and is also the country’s Deputy Supreme Commander of the armed forces, had received PM Modi at the Abu Dhabi airport, along with his five brothers, during the PM’s visit last August
- Hours before the Crown Prince’s arrival, India also announced its willingness to extend help to the UAE to achieve its Mars Mission in 2025.
- Al Nahyan is accompanied by three of his brothers, one of whom is the Interior Minister
- The delegation also includes several top ministers and over 100 business tycoons, along with CEOs of top companies
- During the dialogue, the two sides are touch upon sectors from security to space, defence to nuclear energy. Over a dozen pacts are also expected to be signed
- UAE has deported about a dozen Indians with suspected links to the terror group.
- Officials said that joint production of defence equipment is another focus area, and under this initiative, UAE may make investments for manufacturing in India.
India to store oil for UAE
- The United Arab Emirates’ national oil company – Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) – has in the first deal of its kind agreed to store crude oil in India’s maiden strategic storage and give two-third of the commodity to it for free.
- India, which is 79 per cent dependent on imports to meet its crude oil needs, is building underground storage facilities at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh, and Mangalore and Padur in Karnataka to store about 5.33 million tonnes of crude oil to guard against global price shocks and supply disruptions.
- Adnoc is keen on taking half of the 1.5 million tonnes Mangalore facility
- It will stock 0.75 million tonnes or 6 million barrels of oil in one compartment of Mangalore facility. Of this, 0.5 million tonnes will belong to India and it can use it in emergencies. Adnoc will use the facility as a warehouse for trading its oil.
- The 1.33 million tonnes Visakhapatnam storage and 2.5 million tonnes Padur stockpile together with the 1.5 million tonnes Mangalore storage will be enough to meet nation’s oil requirement of about 10 days.
A fire broke out at this lake, considered to be one of the biggest in the city, on 16th Feb evening sending out huge cloud of toxic smoke causing panic ...READ MORE
Dear Aspirants, We have released March 2018 Current Affairs magazine, both in English and Kannada. You can download from the below link. To download English March 2018 Mahithi Monthly- click here ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ...READ MORE
FSSAI notifies standards for honey & its products Why in news? The regulator FSSAI has come out with food safety standards for honey and its products, in a bid to curb ...READ MORE
KLCDA for declaring 176 ‘live’ lakes in Bengaluru as wetlands The Karnataka Lake Conservation and Development Authority (KLCDA) has sought for the declaration of 176 ‘live’ lakes in the city as ...READ MORE
ಅಸ್ಟ್ರೋಸ್ಯಾಟ್ ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಇಸ್ರೋದ ಬಾಹ್ಯಾಕಾಶ ವೀಕ್ಷಣಾ ಉಪಗ್ರಹ ಆಸ್ಟ್ರೋಸ್ಯಾಟ್ ಭೂಮಿಯಿಂದ 800 ದಶಲಕ್ಷ ಜ್ಯೋತಿರ್ವರ್ಷಗಳಷ್ಟು ದೂರದಲ್ಲಿರುವ ಗ್ಯಾಲೆಕ್ಸಿಗಳ ಗುಂಪನ್ನು ಪತ್ತೆ ಹಚ್ಚಿದೆ. ಇವುಗಳಿಗೆ ಅಬೆಲ್ 2256 ಎಂದು ಹೆಸರಿಡಲಾಗಿದ್ದು, ಮೂರು ಗ್ಯಾಲೆಕ್ಸಿಗಳು ಪರಸ್ಪರ ಒಂದೊಕ್ಕೊಂದು ಹೊಂದಿಕೊಂಡಂತೆ ಇದ್ದು, ಭವಿಷ್ಯದಲ್ಲಿ ಇವುಗಳು ಸಂಪೂರ್ಣ ಒಂದಾಗಿ ...READ MORE
ಸಾಹಿತ್ಯ ಅಕಾಡೆಮಿ ಗೌರವ ಪ್ರಶಸ್ತಿ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಸಾಹಿತ್ಯ ಅಕಾಡೆಮಿಯ 2017ನೇ ಸಾಲಿನ ಗೌರವ ಪ್ರಶಸ್ತಿಗೆ ಹಿರಿಯ ಸಾಹಿತಿಗಳಾದ ಬನ್ನಂಜೆ ಗೋವಿಂದಾಚಾರ್ಯ, ಪ್ರೊ. ಸೋಮಶೇಖರ ಇಮ್ರಾಪುರ, ಪ್ರೊ. ಎಚ್.ಜೆ. ಲಕ್ಕಪ್ಪಗೌಡ, ಪ್ರೊ. ಎನ್.ಎಸ್. ಲಕ್ಷ್ಮೀನಾರಾಯಣ ಭಟ್ಟ, ಕಸ್ತೂರಿ ಬಾಯರಿ ಭಾಜನರಾಗಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ತಲಾ ₹50,000 ನಗದು ಮತ್ತು ...READ MORE
The Dr B R Ambedkar School of Economics, modelled on the London School of Economics, will begin classes from the upcoming academic year (2017-18) at the Jnana Bharathi campus of ...READ MORE
Industrial hub gets eco clearance The Centre has given environmental clearance for setting up a Rs 91-crore industrial hub in Chamarajanagar district. The proposed hub, to come up on an area of ...READ MORE
ಕಂಬಳ ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ ? ಕಂಬಳ ಹಾಗೂ ಇತರೆ ಗೂಳಿ ಮತ್ತು ಎತ್ತಿನ ಗಾಡಿ ಸ್ಪರ್ಧೆಗಳಿಗೆ ಅನುಮತಿ ನೀಡಿದ್ದ ರಾಜ್ಯ ವಿಧಾನ ಮಂಡಲ ಅಂಗೀಕರಿಸಿದ್ದ ಪ್ರಾಣಿ ಹಿಂಸೆ (ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ತಿದ್ದುಪಡಿ) ತಡೆ ಕಾಯ್ದೆ - 2017ಕ್ಕೆ ಪೆಟಾ ಮತ್ತೆ ತಗಾದೆ ತೆಗೆದಿದೆ. ರಾಜ್ಯ ...READ MORE
Rs. 400 crore funding for 100 innovative startups As many as 100 startups will get Rs. 400 crore funding under the Karnataka government’s Elevate programme to fast track the most innovative ...READ MORE
Pollution sets a new mark; Bengaluru’s Bellandur lake
Download March 2018 Current affairs Magazine- English and
“24th ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
4th July ಜುಲೈ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
2nd ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
Cabinet okays Rs 150-cr corpus for School of
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 18th
“15th ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂಬರ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams