1. Among the following revolt which is not from Bengal and Eastern India?
a. Kol Rising
b. Chuar and Ho Risings
c. The Ahom’s Revolt
d. Koli Risings
2. With which objective, CR Das and Motilal Nehru formed the Swaraj Party within the Congress?
a. Spearhead the mass struggles
b. Forge Hindu-Muslim unity
c. Participate in elections to the provincial council
d. Organise legislative protests against Rowlatt
3. Consider the following statements:
1. The Non-cooperation Movement sought to bring the working of the Government to a standstill by not cooperating with the administration.
2. The Civil disobedience movement’s aim was to paralyse the administration by performance of specific illegal acts.
3. The Non-cooperative movement was started by Gandhij through Dandi March.
Choose the correct options:
a. Only 1 and 2
b. Only 2
c. Only 1
d. All of the above
4. Consider the statements:
- Gandhi Irwin Pact was effected on 5 March 1931
- The pact declared that Dominion status was the goal of India’s constitutional development.
- Gandhijee attended the Second Round Table Conference, and the conference was successful.
Choose the correct statement:
a. Only 1
b. Only 2
c. 1 and 2
5. Consider the following statements:
- Demand for Purna Swaraj was made in 1929 in Karachi Session.
- Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru presided over the Congress Session in1929
- Tricolour Flag of Indian Independence was unfurled by the Congress President Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru in Karachi Session.
Choose the correct statements
a. Only 1
b. Only 2
c. Only 3
d. 1,2 and 3
6. Consider the statements regarding INA (Indian National Army):
- INA was organised by Capt. Mohan Singh.
- Subhash Chandra Bose re-organised INA as Azad Hind Fauj.
- The captured INA soldiers were tried by the British Govt. of India.
- Jawahar Lal Nehru was the Defence Counsel for the INA heroes.
Choose the correct statements:
a. 1 and 3
b. 2 and 3
c. 1,2 and 3
d. All the above
7. Match List I with List II.
|I||East India Association||1||Justice Ranade|
|II||Poona Sarvajanik Sabha||2||Dada Bhai Naoroji|
|III||Madras Mahajan Sabha||3||M. Veer Raghvachari|
|IV||Bombay Presidency||4||Firozshah Mehta|
8. Identify the incorrect statements about B.M.Malabari
a. A parsi social reformer who advocated for widow remarriage
b. His relentless efforts led to the enactment of The Age Consent Act in 1891 which forbade the marriage for girls below age of 12
c. He founded Seva Sadan in 1885 which specialized in taking care of exploited women
d. He himself married a widow and proved to be an inspiration to his followers.
9. The slogan “One religion, one caste, one god for mankind” was coined by
a. V. Ramaswamy Naicker
b. Sri Narayan Guru
c. Sahadaran Ayyappan
d. Swami Dayanand Saraswati
10. Which was the first newspaper published by Gandhi?
b. Young India
c. Indian Opinion
11. Dr B R Ambedkar clashed with Mahatma Gandhi at the 2nd Round Table Conference demanding
a. Reservation for Dalits in Government jobs
b. Reservation for Dalits in Ministries
c. Separate citizen status for Dalits
d. Separate Electorate for Dalits
12. Which of the following were the salient features of the government of India Act, 1935?
- Provided for bicameral federation legislature
- Provided provincial autonomy
- Provided for a federal court
- Diarchy in Sind and Orissa was maintained
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
a. 1, 2 and 3 only
b. 2 and 4 only
c. 1, 3 and 4 only
d. 1, 2,3 and 4
13. The doctrine of ‘suleh kul’ among the Sufis represents
a. Internal purification
b. Universal brotherhood
d. Bond of love between God and individual soul
14. Who among the following was known as ‘Prachanna Buddha’?
a. King Ashoka
d. Siddhartha Gautama
15. Ajithantha purana was composed by