- A plot of land for India to build its first naval base in the Indian Ocean region has been allocated by the Seychelles government in the Assumption Island.
- Its is a joint project between India and Seychelles involving the two Defence Forces in enhancing our mutual security along our western seaboard.
- Apart from the naval base, India is set to acquire a fully operational coastal radar system (CRS) based in Seychelles from March 2016. The CRS will provide India with the ability to gather intelligence and assist in surveillance operations of the vital energy lanes near Seychelles.
- Security operation in the Indian Ocean region will also be helped by the leadership role that Seychelles has secured for itself in the Contact Group for Piracy off the Coast of Somalia (CGPCS), which will hold its first meeting in Mumbai on January 31, 2016.
- A new patrol vessel from India will be handed over to Seychelles in mid-January 2016.
- The naval base will help India exercise greater control over the Indian Ocean’s western region all the way to the piracy-prone eastern African coastline.
- The base will be one of the major staging posts for a large maritime security network that India is setting up with the help of the various Indian Ocean region partner countries.
- The project has acquired significance following China acquiring its first African naval base in Djibouti in November.
- Both India and Seychelles have a vested interest in securitising the Western Indian Ocean. Both countries have forged a partnership that has gone a fair distance in eradicating the scourge of Somalia-based piracy as well as other maritime security issues.
- India, with its strong intelligence network, will also be helpful in maritime law enforcement by Seychelles.
ಶಬರಿಮಲೆ ಪ್ರಸಾದಕ್ಕೆ ಸಿಎಫ್ಟಿಆರ್ಐ ಮಾರ್ಗಸೂಚಿ ಶಬರಿಮಲೆ ಅಯ್ಯಪ್ಪಸ್ವಾಮಿ ದೇವಾಲಯದಲ್ಲಿ ನೀಡುವ ಪ್ರಸಾದವನ್ನು ಇನ್ನಷ್ಟು ರುಚಿಕರ ಮತ್ತು ಸ್ವಾದಿಷ್ಟವಾಗಿ ಭಕ್ತರಿಗೆ ದೊರಕಿಸಲು ದೇವಸ್ಥಾನ ಆಡಳಿತ ಮಂಡಳಿ ನಿರ್ಧರಿಸಿದ್ದು, ಇದಕ್ಕಾಗಿ ಮೇ 16ರಂದು ಮೈಸೂರಿನ ಕೇಂದ್ರೀಯ ಆಹಾರ ತಂತ್ರಜ್ಞಾನ ಸಂಶೋಧನಾ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ(ಸಿಎಫ್ಟಿಆರ್ಐ) ಜತೆ ಒಪ್ಪಂದ ಮಾಡಿಕೊಳ್ಳಲಿದೆ. ಅಪ್ಪಂ ...READ MORE
Elephant census: Focus on numbers, sex ratio The four-day exercise to enumerate elephants, which concluded on 19th May, will not just throw up estimates on the elephant population, but will also ...READ MORE
Through the Android app launched by the Ministry of Ayush, the Karnataka State Medicinal Plants Authority (KaMPA) can check whether spices like cinnamon have been obtained from trees growing in ...READ MORE
Pantharapalya slum is situated near Rajarajeshwarinagar in land of 6 A. 4 G. declared by KSDB during 2001. There are 1088 families with 6000 population belonging to different sections of the ...READ MORE
The Industrial Policy of the state aims at industrialization in backward regions and also development of industrial corridors and identifying potential locations to set up industries. In this context, it is ...READ MORE
KEDB to open eco-trails around Bengaluru in August The Karnataka Eco-Tourism Development Board (KEDB) will throw open 10 eco-trails for tourists. These trekking trails include famous and lesser-known hillocks and reserve ...READ MORE
Silicon likely makes up a significant proportion of the Earth’s core after iron and nickel, say scientists who claim to have identified the ‘missing element’ in the deep interiors of ...READ MORE
ಪ್ರಥಮ ಇಲ್ಲವೇ ದ್ವಿತೀಯ ಭಾಷೆಯಾಗಿ ಕನ್ನಡ ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ?ಎಲ್ಲ ಖಾಸಗಿ ಶಾಲೆಗಳಲ್ಲೂ ಕನ್ನಡವನ್ನು ಪ್ರಥಮ ಅಥವಾ ದ್ವಿತೀಯ ಭಾಷೆಯಾಗಿ ಬೋಧನೆ ಮಾಡುವ ನಿಯಮಗಳನ್ನು ಕಟ್ಟುನಿಟ್ಟಾಗಿ ಜಾರಿಗೆ ತರುವಂತೆ ಶಿಕ್ಷಣ ಇಲಾಖೆಯು ಜಿಲ್ಲಾ ಉಪನಿರ್ದೇಶಕರಿಗೆ ಸೂಚನೆ ನೀಡಿದೆ. ಕನ್ನಡವನ್ನು ಕಡ್ಡಾಯವಾಗಿ ಕಲಿಸಬೇಕೆಂದು 2017-18ನೇ ಸಾಲಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಆದೇಶಿಸಿದ್ದರೂ ...READ MORE
President to inaugurate the 13th Annual Convention of Central Information Commission Topic: Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies IN NEWS: President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate the 13th Annual Convention of ...READ MORE
Cauvery tribunal's term extended by six months The Centre has given a six-month extension to the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal (CWDT), which is looking into the dispute between Karnataka and Tamil ...READ MORE
“30th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
e-Charak app – Forest dept gets set to
Urban Development Karnataka -Successful Initiatives – BSUP
Urban Development – Regional Development
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Science & Tech: Silicon identified as ‘missing element’
” 4th ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂಬರ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 11th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 5th