- A plot of land for India to build its first naval base in the Indian Ocean region has been allocated by the Seychelles government in the Assumption Island.
- Its is a joint project between India and Seychelles involving the two Defence Forces in enhancing our mutual security along our western seaboard.
- Apart from the naval base, India is set to acquire a fully operational coastal radar system (CRS) based in Seychelles from March 2016. The CRS will provide India with the ability to gather intelligence and assist in surveillance operations of the vital energy lanes near Seychelles.
- Security operation in the Indian Ocean region will also be helped by the leadership role that Seychelles has secured for itself in the Contact Group for Piracy off the Coast of Somalia (CGPCS), which will hold its first meeting in Mumbai on January 31, 2016.
- A new patrol vessel from India will be handed over to Seychelles in mid-January 2016.
- The naval base will help India exercise greater control over the Indian Ocean’s western region all the way to the piracy-prone eastern African coastline.
- The base will be one of the major staging posts for a large maritime security network that India is setting up with the help of the various Indian Ocean region partner countries.
- The project has acquired significance following China acquiring its first African naval base in Djibouti in November.
- Both India and Seychelles have a vested interest in securitising the Western Indian Ocean. Both countries have forged a partnership that has gone a fair distance in eradicating the scourge of Somalia-based piracy as well as other maritime security issues.
- India, with its strong intelligence network, will also be helpful in maritime law enforcement by Seychelles.
BBMP launches ‘Fix My Street’ app In a bid to ensure speedy redressal of civic grievances, the BBMP has launched an app called ‘Fix My Street’. The app, which was rolled out ...READ MORE
FICCI, ISRO set to host global space industry meet The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and industry body Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) are hosting an international ...READ MORE
India signs MoU with Republic of Korea - bilateral air service cooperation India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with South Korea or Republic of Korea (RoK) after negotiations to enhance bilateral ...READ MORE
Municipal Reforms Cell –DMA • An exclusive cell dedicated for municipal reforms. • Managed by Senior KAS and KMAS Officers and Professionals hired directly from the market. • The cell has in house Data Center with centralized ...READ MORE
The fire that broke out in the Kappatagudda foothills between Bidnal and Virapapur Lambani tandas on 3rd March night, has been completely doused. Fire and Emergency Services personnel, police, Forest department ...READ MORE
An app under the aegis of the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI) has been developed to aid fishermen to increase their catch and reduce the cost of operations, the ...READ MORE
The Channapatna handcraft can be traced to the reign of Tipu Sultan who invited artisans from Persia to train local artisans in the making of the wooden toys. The traditional wooden ...READ MORE
Suvarna Gramodaya Yojane has been ventured to develop vibrant village communities by adopting an intensive and integrated approach to rural development. The programme was launched on the occasion of Golden Jubilee ...READ MORE
The Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015 was passed by the Parliament recently The provisions of the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Act, 2015 shall be deemed to have come into force on the ...READ MORE
The Cabinet on 15th Feb gave in-principle approval for implementing the long-pending Mekedatu multipurpose project utilising the Cauvery river water at a cost of Rs 5,912 crore. The project will help ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 14th Dec
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams
India- South Korea
Urban Development – Municipal Reforms Cell –DMA &
12 acres of Kappatagudda forest destroyed in fire
New mobile app to help fishermen
Channapatna craft losing sheen
Rural Development-Suvarna Gramodaya Yojane-KAS/KPSC 2016
Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015 notified
Karnataka: Cabinet approves 5,912-cr Mekedatu reservoir project