- A plot of land for India to build its first naval base in the Indian Ocean region has been allocated by the Seychelles government in the Assumption Island.
- Its is a joint project between India and Seychelles involving the two Defence Forces in enhancing our mutual security along our western seaboard.
- Apart from the naval base, India is set to acquire a fully operational coastal radar system (CRS) based in Seychelles from March 2016. The CRS will provide India with the ability to gather intelligence and assist in surveillance operations of the vital energy lanes near Seychelles.
- Security operation in the Indian Ocean region will also be helped by the leadership role that Seychelles has secured for itself in the Contact Group for Piracy off the Coast of Somalia (CGPCS), which will hold its first meeting in Mumbai on January 31, 2016.
- A new patrol vessel from India will be handed over to Seychelles in mid-January 2016.
- The naval base will help India exercise greater control over the Indian Ocean’s western region all the way to the piracy-prone eastern African coastline.
- The base will be one of the major staging posts for a large maritime security network that India is setting up with the help of the various Indian Ocean region partner countries.
- The project has acquired significance following China acquiring its first African naval base in Djibouti in November.
- Both India and Seychelles have a vested interest in securitising the Western Indian Ocean. Both countries have forged a partnership that has gone a fair distance in eradicating the scourge of Somalia-based piracy as well as other maritime security issues.
- India, with its strong intelligence network, will also be helpful in maritime law enforcement by Seychelles.
e-Pragati Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu launched ‘e-Pragati core platform’ .e-Pragati, a forward-looking digital initiative, is aimed at connecting the citizen to 34 departments, 336 autonomous organisations and 745-plus services. Through this ...READ MORE
3,515 Karnataka farmers committed suicide in five years As many as 3,515 farmers in Karnataka committed suicide between April 2013 and November 2017, out of which 2,525 were due to drought ...READ MORE
BCU to launch India's first dept of cinema studies Bengaluru Central University (BCU) is all set to launch Department of Cinema Studies (DCS) from the next academic year. There are many film ...READ MORE
Padma honour for nine from State Nine persons from Karnataka figure on the list of those chosen for the prestigious Padma awards for 2018. Cue sports stalwart Pankaj Advani has been chosen ...READ MORE
‘ವಾಸಿಸುವವನೇ ನೆಲದೊಡೆಯ’ ಕಾಯ್ದೆ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಸಮಾಜದ ಕೆಳಸ್ತರದ ಲಕ್ಷಾಂತರ ಕುಟುಂಬಗಳಿಗೆ ವಾಸದ ಸ್ಥಳದ ಮೇಲೆ ಮಾಲೀಕತ್ವದ ಹಕ್ಕು ಒದಗಿಸುವ 'ವಾಸಿಸುವವನೇ ನೆಲದೊಡೆಯ' ಘೋಷಣೆಯೊಂದಿಗೆ ರಾಜ್ಯ ಸರಕಾರ ರೂಪಿಸಿದ್ದ ಶಾಸನವು ಅನುಷ್ಠಾನ ಹಂತದಲ್ಲಿ ವೈಫಲ್ಯ ಕಂಡಿದೆ. ಈ ಕಾನೂನು ಜಾರಿಯಾದ ಬಳಿಕ ಸುಮಾರು 5,300 ಜನವಸತಿ ಪ್ರದೇಶಗಳಷ್ಟೇ ...READ MORE
To monitor vehicular pollution, the Karnataka State Pollution Control Board (KSPCB) on 16th Nov launched 12 vehicles fitted with sophisticated emission monitoring equipment. KSPCB chairman Lakshman said the vehicles are fitted ...READ MORE
Home minister G Parameshwara said that the state government has decided to provide five per cent reservation for sportspersons in the recruitments of police department. The government would do everything possible ...READ MORE
Government had entrusted MCC with responsibility of issuing building plans, collecting property tax Owners of houses and sites in MUDA (Mysuru Urban Development Authority) layouts will have to pay property tax ...READ MORE
Rains douse threat of fire in national parks Incessant rains over the past few days in the Mysuru region have doused the threat of forest fires in Nagarahole and Bandipur national ...READ MORE
Karnataka Draft film policy Why in News: The committee, headed by Karnataka Chalanachitra Academy chairman S V Rajendra Singh Babu, submitted its Kannada Film Policy report to Chief Minister Karnataka Film Chambers of ...READ MORE
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 20th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 27th-28th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 2nd
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 26th
“30th ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka State Government Launches Mobile Units To Check
Karnataka will reserve 5% jobs in police force
Karnataka: Property owners in MUDA layouts to pay
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 8th
KAS Challengers 2016: About Karnataka Draft Film Policy