Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM)-
- An anti-radiation missile (ARM) is a missile designed to detect and home in on an enemy radio emission source.Typically, these are designed for use against an enemy radar, although jammers and even radios used for communications can also be targeted in this manner.
- Advanced State-of-the-art air-to-surface tactical missile
- will target the enemy’s air defence capabilities by attacking radars and communication facilities.
- Range – 100 to 125 km
- Will be mounted on combat aircraft Sukhoi (Su-30) and Tejas-Light Combat Aircraft.
- The missile picks up the radiation or signals of radars and communication facilities and homes on to the targets to destroy them.
- Being developed by Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL)
- Instead of thrust propulsion, the missile uses dual pulse propulsion system as in the case of LR-SAM. The dual pulse propulsion will widen the envelope as well as the engagement capability of the missile. After coasting the missile for the required duration by firing the first pulse, the second pulse will be initiated just before interception of the target or during the terminal phase
- Captive flight trials the Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM) are planned for April-May this year, and the maiden flight test by year-end
- The entire missile is being developed indigenously, including the seeker. The missile will be inducted in about two years after conducting a number of developmental trials.
- According to DRDO sources, scientists will evaluate the performance of the seeker, navigation and control system, structural capability and aerodynamic vibrations during the captive flight trials.
- These will be followed by ground testing and the missile will be fired from Su-30 during the actual flight trial by year-end
- Only a few countries, including the U.S. and Germany, have ARMs at present
- The dual pulse propulsion system could be configured with other air-to-surface and air-to-air missiles
Scientific name Falco amurensis Conservation status IUCN- Least Concern Conservation efforts in Nagaland, India Introduction Amur Falcon is a small raptor of the falcon family.Its a small, slender, pigeon-sized bird of prey, and is noteworthy for undertaking ...READ MORE
KEEPING OUR COMMITMENT TO PROVIDE QUALITY CURRENT AFFAIRS.. NammaKPSC WILL BE CONDUCTING ITS 5th FREE SESSION THIS SUNDAY DID YOU MISS READING IMPORTANT ISSUES THIS MONTH? DONT WORRY... COME THIS ...READ MORE
Third State to set up a regulatory panel for food Karnataka has cleared the decks for setting up the State Food Commission a State-level quasi judicial regulatory body to monitor issues related to ...READ MORE
Please Note: Registration is must for attending the workshop. You will be contacted by our team and informed about the date and timing of the workshop Only those who have cleared the KPSC ...READ MORE
Blockchain is the technology behind web-based cryptocurrency bitcoin. Cyrptocurrencies such as bitcoin have been making a lot of buzz over the last few years The underlying blockchain technology emerged from the shadows of cryptocurrencies ...READ MORE
Chief Minister In the Republic of India, a chief minister is the head of government of each of twenty-nine states and two union territories (Delhi and Puducherry). Chief Minister’s position in state is ...READ MORE
The report of the Pay Commission, headed by Ashok Kumar Mathur, a former judge of the Supreme Court, was held up due to Bihar Assembly polls. The commission was given ...READ MORE
"Nuclear safety, terror to be in focus as PM plans three-nation tour" India's agenda at the fourth Nuclear Security Summit (NSS 2016) in Washington Will push for a global initiative against nuclear ...READ MORE
The AVGC sector is represented by companies, joint ventures, focus groups, consultants and creative professionals. They are engaged in the business of conception, production, post-production, media and intellectual property rights management, publishing and marketing ...READ MORE
FREE SUNDAY CURRENT AFFAIRS CLASS
Karnataka to set up food commission
Blockchain – Technology behind Bit coin
Everything you need to know about Chief Ministers
7th pay commission draft report
All about nuclear security summit
Animation industry – Karnataka
Weather-based farm advisory system in Karnataka