Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM)-
- An anti-radiation missile (ARM) is a missile designed to detect and home in on an enemy radio emission source.Typically, these are designed for use against an enemy radar, although jammers and even radios used for communications can also be targeted in this manner.
- Advanced State-of-the-art air-to-surface tactical missile
- will target the enemy’s air defence capabilities by attacking radars and communication facilities.
- Range – 100 to 125 km
- Will be mounted on combat aircraft Sukhoi (Su-30) and Tejas-Light Combat Aircraft.
- The missile picks up the radiation or signals of radars and communication facilities and homes on to the targets to destroy them.
- Being developed by Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL)
- Instead of thrust propulsion, the missile uses dual pulse propulsion system as in the case of LR-SAM. The dual pulse propulsion will widen the envelope as well as the engagement capability of the missile. After coasting the missile for the required duration by firing the first pulse, the second pulse will be initiated just before interception of the target or during the terminal phase
- Captive flight trials the Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM) are planned for April-May this year, and the maiden flight test by year-end
- The entire missile is being developed indigenously, including the seeker. The missile will be inducted in about two years after conducting a number of developmental trials.
- According to DRDO sources, scientists will evaluate the performance of the seeker, navigation and control system, structural capability and aerodynamic vibrations during the captive flight trials.
- These will be followed by ground testing and the missile will be fired from Su-30 during the actual flight trial by year-end
- Only a few countries, including the U.S. and Germany, have ARMs at present
- The dual pulse propulsion system could be configured with other air-to-surface and air-to-air missiles
Irrigation projects in Karnataka poorly executed, says CWC The Central Water Commission (CWC), which studied the drought situation in Karnataka, has taken a serious note of ‘poor execution’ of Centrally funded ...READ MORE
What is the scheme - Income declaration scheme How - Who is eligible - Who is not eligible Issue What is the scheme - Income declaration scheme A limited-period Compliance Window to declare undisclosed income or ...READ MORE
Case studies are designed to confront readers with specific real-life problems that do not lend themselves to easy answers. Many of the skills necessary to analyze case studies can become ...READ MORE
ATTEND FREE ORIENTATION CLASS (Bangalore School of civil services, Hebbal, Bangalore) Why should I take anthropology? Because Anthropology has the following advantage, Scoring subject Interesting subject Easy to grasp even for a non science student Short syllabus Repeating ...READ MORE
The Karnataka state has seen 144 acid attack victims since 2003-04. A large number have lost (some partially) their sight and are badly scarred. A majority of the victims are ...READ MORE
Life history Basaveshwara was born in Bagevadi ( of undivided Bijapur district in Karnataka) during 1131 AD. His father was Madarasa and Madalambike was his mother. They belonged to Brahmin community. As a ...READ MORE
A United Nations panel has ruled as ‘unlawful detention’ the three-year period of political asylum sought by Wikileaks founder Julian Assange at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London. The ruling by the ...READ MORE
Hi friends... NammaKPSC has released Mahithi monthly April Magazine. As you know it is the only magazine that covers National issues, international issues and Karnataka issues all in one single magazine. ...READ MORE
Expanding its horizons, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on launched 20 satellites through a single rocket, surpassing its 2008 record of launching 10 satellites in a single mission. The launch ...READ MORE
Man-made water crisis in Karnataka: KPSC/KAS 2016 Challengers
New scheme to tackle black money menace- Income
Approach To Ethical Decision Making
ANTHROPOLOGY BEST OPTIONAL SUBJECT FOR MAINS…..
Welfare of acid attack victims
Basaveshwara – A visionary of total revolution
Assange’s detention illegal, says UN panel
APRIL 2017 MAHITHI MONTHLY 2017 (E-COPY) ENGLISH
PSLV-C34 / Cartosat-2 series satellite
All you need to know- Bank consolidation