Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM)-
- An anti-radiation missile (ARM) is a missile designed to detect and home in on an enemy radio emission source.Typically, these are designed for use against an enemy radar, although jammers and even radios used for communications can also be targeted in this manner.
- Advanced State-of-the-art air-to-surface tactical missile
- will target the enemy’s air defence capabilities by attacking radars and communication facilities.
- Range – 100 to 125 km
- Will be mounted on combat aircraft Sukhoi (Su-30) and Tejas-Light Combat Aircraft.
- The missile picks up the radiation or signals of radars and communication facilities and homes on to the targets to destroy them.
- Being developed by Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL)
- Instead of thrust propulsion, the missile uses dual pulse propulsion system as in the case of LR-SAM. The dual pulse propulsion will widen the envelope as well as the engagement capability of the missile. After coasting the missile for the required duration by firing the first pulse, the second pulse will be initiated just before interception of the target or during the terminal phase
- Captive flight trials the Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM) are planned for April-May this year, and the maiden flight test by year-end
- The entire missile is being developed indigenously, including the seeker. The missile will be inducted in about two years after conducting a number of developmental trials.
- According to DRDO sources, scientists will evaluate the performance of the seeker, navigation and control system, structural capability and aerodynamic vibrations during the captive flight trials.
- These will be followed by ground testing and the missile will be fired from Su-30 during the actual flight trial by year-end
- Only a few countries, including the U.S. and Germany, have ARMs at present
- The dual pulse propulsion system could be configured with other air-to-surface and air-to-air missiles
IRNSS is an independent regional navigation satellite system being developed by India. It is designed to provide accurate position information service to users in India as well as the region ...READ MORE
No new schemes, projects can be announced now With the model code of conduct in place, the state government can no longer announce new schemes or launch new projects. Also, schemes already ...READ MORE
In a major relief for domestic manufacturers of ammonium nitrate (AN) and security agencies, the Ministry of Home Affairs is learnt to have asked Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion ...READ MORE
The Central Government notified ‘Mid Day Meal Rules, 2015’ on September 30th, 2015. The National Food Security Act, 2013 (NFSA, 2013) contains provisions related to welfare schemes including Mid Day Meal ...READ MORE
Only 53 of more than 1,000 enrol in third gender category The Election Commission has made provision for ‘third gender’ people to register in the electoral rolls under ‘Others’ category, only ...READ MORE
Four-day World Congress on Disaster Management concluded on Sunday with the unanimous adoption of ‘Visakhapatnam Declaration’ calling for a comprehensive action plan for a disaster-resilient society The declaration was drafted after ...READ MORE
A financing agreement for IDA credit of US$ 48 million (equivalent) for the ‘Nagaland Health Project’ was signed with the World Bank. The Financing Agreement was signed by Mr. Raj Kumar, ...READ MORE
The ministries of Telecom and Information and Broadcasting have agreed to use over 200 MHz spectrum earmarked for broadcasting services for advance mobile services. The decision was conveyed to the delegation ...READ MORE
Answers to Economic Survey 2016-17 Test (A)Karnataka accounts for 5.05% of the population (A) Agriculture (11.68%), Trade & Services (9.04%), manufacturing (14.76%) Industry (28.6%) (D) SCP/TSP funds are non divertible & non lapsable (C) ...READ MORE
Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 28th
Govt bans import of ammonium nitrate in loose
Mid-Day Meal Rules, 2015
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 16th
India Signs Financing Agreement with World Bank for
India to use broadcast airwaves for mobile services
Answers to Economic Survey 2016-17 Test
Genetics throws light on genesis of caste system