Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM)-
- An anti-radiation missile (ARM) is a missile designed to detect and home in on an enemy radio emission source.Typically, these are designed for use against an enemy radar, although jammers and even radios used for communications can also be targeted in this manner.
- Advanced State-of-the-art air-to-surface tactical missile
- will target the enemy’s air defence capabilities by attacking radars and communication facilities.
- Range – 100 to 125 km
- Will be mounted on combat aircraft Sukhoi (Su-30) and Tejas-Light Combat Aircraft.
- The missile picks up the radiation or signals of radars and communication facilities and homes on to the targets to destroy them.
- Being developed by Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL)
- Instead of thrust propulsion, the missile uses dual pulse propulsion system as in the case of LR-SAM. The dual pulse propulsion will widen the envelope as well as the engagement capability of the missile. After coasting the missile for the required duration by firing the first pulse, the second pulse will be initiated just before interception of the target or during the terminal phase
- Captive flight trials the Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM) are planned for April-May this year, and the maiden flight test by year-end
- The entire missile is being developed indigenously, including the seeker. The missile will be inducted in about two years after conducting a number of developmental trials.
- According to DRDO sources, scientists will evaluate the performance of the seeker, navigation and control system, structural capability and aerodynamic vibrations during the captive flight trials.
- These will be followed by ground testing and the missile will be fired from Su-30 during the actual flight trial by year-end
- Only a few countries, including the U.S. and Germany, have ARMs at present
- The dual pulse propulsion system could be configured with other air-to-surface and air-to-air missiles
Agriculture in Karnataka Budget 2016-17 The following Announcements were made in the Budget related to Agriculture. 1. Karnataka State Agricultural and Farmers Welfare Committee Chairman- Chief Minister For redressal of grievances of farmers To achieve ...READ MORE
Dhanush India recently successfully test-fired its nuclear-capable Dhanush ballistic missile with a strike range of 350 km from a naval ship off the Odisha coast. It is a surface-to-surface missile and a ...READ MORE
why in News?On August 29 this year, Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and U.S. Defence Secretary Ashton Carter signed a Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA), an agreement that the ...READ MORE
A United Nations panel has ruled as ‘unlawful detention’ the three-year period of political asylum sought by Wikileaks founder Julian Assange at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London. The ruling by the ...READ MORE
The Karnataka Knowledge Commission (KKC) has submitted a Sports Policy to the state government covering a wide gamut of aspects including sports for all and a long-term road map for the ...READ MORE
What is this RLV-TD? Reusable Launch Vehicle-Technology Demonstration Program or RLV-TD is a series of technology demonstration missions that have been considered as a first step towards realizing a Two Stage ...READ MORE
A two-day summit was held on the Mediterranean island of Malta meant to focus on how to send back to Africa those who don’t qualify for asylum and discourage others ...READ MORE
The Agriculture department is working out the modalities to set up Special Agricultural Zones (SAZ) in different parts of the state to provide greater technological and logistic support to farmers ...READ MORE
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on 27th August Successfully put in orbit GSAT-6 communication satellite staging yet another spectacular launch of three-stage heavy weight rocket GSLV D-6 with indigenous cryogenic upper ...READ MORE
The highlights of this scheme There will be a uniform premium of only 2% to be paid by farmers for all Kharif crops and 1.5% for all Rabi crops. In case ...READ MORE
Agriculture in Karnataka Budget 2016-17
Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA)- All you
Assange’s detention illegal, says UN panel
Proposed Karnataka sports policy
REUSABLE LAUNCH VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATOR PROGRAM (RLV –
EU-Africa refugee action plan
Special Agricultural Zone (SAZ)
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana – A boost