Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM)-
- An anti-radiation missile (ARM) is a missile designed to detect and home in on an enemy radio emission source.Typically, these are designed for use against an enemy radar, although jammers and even radios used for communications can also be targeted in this manner.
- Advanced State-of-the-art air-to-surface tactical missile
- will target the enemy’s air defence capabilities by attacking radars and communication facilities.
- Range – 100 to 125 km
- Will be mounted on combat aircraft Sukhoi (Su-30) and Tejas-Light Combat Aircraft.
- The missile picks up the radiation or signals of radars and communication facilities and homes on to the targets to destroy them.
- Being developed by Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL)
- Instead of thrust propulsion, the missile uses dual pulse propulsion system as in the case of LR-SAM. The dual pulse propulsion will widen the envelope as well as the engagement capability of the missile. After coasting the missile for the required duration by firing the first pulse, the second pulse will be initiated just before interception of the target or during the terminal phase
- Captive flight trials the Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM) are planned for April-May this year, and the maiden flight test by year-end
- The entire missile is being developed indigenously, including the seeker. The missile will be inducted in about two years after conducting a number of developmental trials.
- According to DRDO sources, scientists will evaluate the performance of the seeker, navigation and control system, structural capability and aerodynamic vibrations during the captive flight trials.
- These will be followed by ground testing and the missile will be fired from Su-30 during the actual flight trial by year-end
- Only a few countries, including the U.S. and Germany, have ARMs at present
- The dual pulse propulsion system could be configured with other air-to-surface and air-to-air missiles
Both PSLV (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle) and GSLV (Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle) are the satellite-launch vehicles (rockets) developed by ISRO. PSLV is designed mainly to deliver the “earth-observation” or “remote-sensing” ...READ MORE
Weighing in the environmental perspective for sustained growth, the Ministry of Shipping has started ‘Project Green Ports’ which will help in making the Major Ports across India cleaner and greener. ‘Project ...READ MORE
Chief Minister In the Republic of India, a chief minister is the head of government of each of twenty-nine states and two union territories (Delhi and Puducherry). Chief Minister’s position in state is ...READ MORE
Dear Aspirants, NammaKPSC Is pleased to release the 3rd edition of Mahithi monthly Kannada. This has been a part of our dream and the demand of thousands of aspirants across ...READ MORE
"Nuclear safety, terror to be in focus as PM plans three-nation tour" India's agenda at the fourth Nuclear Security Summit (NSS 2016) in Washington Will push for a global initiative against nuclear ...READ MORE
All India Radio has launched a 24-hour satellite classical music channel, ‘Raagam’, which will be available via DTH (with no transmitter support as with its other channels) and mobile app ...READ MORE
2,500 ornamental fish traded globally Globally, more than 2,500 species of ornamental fish are traded, but only 30-35 species of freshwater fish dominate the market. More than 90 % of freshwater fish ...READ MORE
Official Secrets Act 1923 The Official Secrets Act 1923 is India's anti espionage (Spy" and "Secret agent") act held over from British colonisation. According to this Act, helping the enemy state can ...READ MORE
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on 27th August Successfully put in orbit GSAT-6 communication satellite staging yet another spectacular launch of three-stage heavy weight rocket GSLV D-6 with indigenous cryogenic upper ...READ MORE
DOWNLOAD AUGUST 2016 CURRENT AFFAIRS MAGAZINE CLICK HERE Best Current affairs Magazine for all civil services competitive examinations. It is the only magazine that covers National issues, international issues and Karnataka issues ...READ MORE
What is the difference between GSLV and PSLV?
Ministry of Shipping initiates Project Green Port
Everything you need to know about Chief Ministers
Download Mahithi Monthly Kannada February 2017
All about nuclear security summit
AIR launches 24-hour classical music channel
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Official secrets act explained
AUGUST MAHITHI MONTHLY CURRENT AFFAIRS MAGAZINE FOR KAS