Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM)-
- An anti-radiation missile (ARM) is a missile designed to detect and home in on an enemy radio emission source.Typically, these are designed for use against an enemy radar, although jammers and even radios used for communications can also be targeted in this manner.
- Advanced State-of-the-art air-to-surface tactical missile
- will target the enemy’s air defence capabilities by attacking radars and communication facilities.
- Range – 100 to 125 km
- Will be mounted on combat aircraft Sukhoi (Su-30) and Tejas-Light Combat Aircraft.
- The missile picks up the radiation or signals of radars and communication facilities and homes on to the targets to destroy them.
- Being developed by Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL)
- Instead of thrust propulsion, the missile uses dual pulse propulsion system as in the case of LR-SAM. The dual pulse propulsion will widen the envelope as well as the engagement capability of the missile. After coasting the missile for the required duration by firing the first pulse, the second pulse will be initiated just before interception of the target or during the terminal phase
- Captive flight trials the Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM) are planned for April-May this year, and the maiden flight test by year-end
- The entire missile is being developed indigenously, including the seeker. The missile will be inducted in about two years after conducting a number of developmental trials.
- According to DRDO sources, scientists will evaluate the performance of the seeker, navigation and control system, structural capability and aerodynamic vibrations during the captive flight trials.
- These will be followed by ground testing and the missile will be fired from Su-30 during the actual flight trial by year-end
- Only a few countries, including the U.S. and Germany, have ARMs at present
- The dual pulse propulsion system could be configured with other air-to-surface and air-to-air missiles
ಕಷ್ಠಕರ ಪರಿಸ್ಥತಿಯಲ್ಲಿರುವ ಮಹಿಳೆಯರಿಗಾಗಿ ಯೋಜನೆ ಇದು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ವಲಯದ ಯೋಜನೆಯಾಗಿದ್ದು ಕಷ್ಠಕರ ಪರಿಸ್ಥಿತಿಯಲ್ಲಿರುವ ಅಂದರೆ ಪರಿತ್ಯಕ್ತೆಯರು, ವಿಧವೆಯರು , ಜೈಲಿನಿಂದ ಬಿಡುಗಡೆ ಹೊಂದಿದ ಮಹಿಳಾ ಖೈದಿಗಳು ಮತ್ತು ಕುಟುಂಬದ ಸಹಾಯವಿಲ್ಲದವರು, ಪ್ರಕೃತಿ ವಿಕೋಪಕ್ಕೆ ಸಿಕ್ಕಿ ಒಬ್ಬಂಟಿಗರಾದ ಮಹಿಳೆಯರು , ಅನೈತಿಕ ಸಾಗಣೆಗೆ ಒಳಗಾಗಿ ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ The electronic toilet called Delight Bharat promises better sanitation through inbuilt facilities which would automatically flush, clean, and sterilize the toilet. ∗ It is made up of steel, fiber, and ...READ MORE
Q1. Give a brief note on the role played by literature and literary movement in the unification of Karnataka ( 200 words) Q2. Major part of Sir Mirza Ismail administration was spent ...READ MORE
The Sundarbans is a natural region comprising southern Bangladesh and a small part in Eastern India. It covers approximately 10,000 square kilometres. It is the largest single block of tidal halophytic mangrove forest ...READ MORE
Agni-V ICBM is indigenously designed and developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation It is Part of the Agni series of missiles, one of the missile systems under the original Integrated Guided ...READ MORE
'ಸ್ವಚ್ಛ ಸರ್ವೇಕ್ಷಣೆ-2019 ಕಾರ್ಯಾಗಾರ' ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ ? ಕರ್ನಾಟಕದ ನಗರಗಳು ಸ್ವಚ್ಛತಾ ಅಭಿಯಾನದಲ್ಲಿ ಹಿಂದುಳಿಯುತ್ತಿದ್ದು, ಇನ್ನು ಮುಂದಾದರೂ ಮುಂಚೂಣಿಗೆ ಬರುವ ಪ್ರಯತ್ನ ಮಾಡಬೇಕು ಎಂದು ಸ್ವಚ್ಛತಾ ಭಾರತ್ ಮಿಷನ್ನ ಜಂಟಿ ಕಾರ್ಯದರ್ಶಿ ವಿ.ಕೆ.ಜಿಂದಾಲ್ ಹೇಳಿದರು. ಭಾರತೀಯ ವಿಜ್ಞಾನ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆಯ ಜೆ.ಎನ್.ಟಾಟಾ ಸಭಾಂಗಣದಲ್ಲಿ ನಡೆದ 'ಸ್ವಚ್ಛ ಸರ್ವೇಕ್ಷಣೆ-2019 ...READ MORE
Dear Aspirants, Team NammaKPSC has released the May edition of Mahithi Monthly. This edition has 7 sections covering- Karnataka issues, Polity, Economy, Security, Science and Technology, Environment and International Affairs. This ...READ MORE
Answer the following questions in not more than 150 words each: Write a note on consequences of ozone layer depletion. What are the various causes of climate change. Explain What are the ...READ MORE
State and local importance Regional chauvinism- the biggest threat to federalism. New urbanism in Karnataka. Bangalore the Garbage capital Has Karnataka Lokayukta let us down? Creation of smaller states and the consequent administrative , economic ...READ MORE