Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM)-
- An anti-radiation missile (ARM) is a missile designed to detect and home in on an enemy radio emission source.Typically, these are designed for use against an enemy radar, although jammers and even radios used for communications can also be targeted in this manner.
- Advanced State-of-the-art air-to-surface tactical missile
- will target the enemy’s air defence capabilities by attacking radars and communication facilities.
- Range – 100 to 125 km
- Will be mounted on combat aircraft Sukhoi (Su-30) and Tejas-Light Combat Aircraft.
- The missile picks up the radiation or signals of radars and communication facilities and homes on to the targets to destroy them.
- Being developed by Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL)
- Instead of thrust propulsion, the missile uses dual pulse propulsion system as in the case of LR-SAM. The dual pulse propulsion will widen the envelope as well as the engagement capability of the missile. After coasting the missile for the required duration by firing the first pulse, the second pulse will be initiated just before interception of the target or during the terminal phase
- Captive flight trials the Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM) are planned for April-May this year, and the maiden flight test by year-end
- The entire missile is being developed indigenously, including the seeker. The missile will be inducted in about two years after conducting a number of developmental trials.
- According to DRDO sources, scientists will evaluate the performance of the seeker, navigation and control system, structural capability and aerodynamic vibrations during the captive flight trials.
- These will be followed by ground testing and the missile will be fired from Su-30 during the actual flight trial by year-end
- Only a few countries, including the U.S. and Germany, have ARMs at present
- The dual pulse propulsion system could be configured with other air-to-surface and air-to-air missiles
Government of India has introduced the centrally sponsored Mega City scheme during the year 1995. Under this scheme a sum of Rs.241.75 crore central share and equal share under state grant i.e.Rs.241.75 crore was provided to ...READ MORE
ಮತ್ತೆ ಕರೆನ್ಸಿ ಎಮರ್ಜೆನ್ಸಿ! ನೋಟು ಅಮಾನ್ಯೀಕರಣದ ಆರಂಭಿಕ ದಿನಗಳಲ್ಲಾದಂತೆ ಈಗ ಮತ್ತೆ ಹಲವು ರಾಜ್ಯಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ನಗದು ಕೊರತೆ ಎದುರಾಗಿದೆ. ವಿಧಾನಸಭೆ ಚುನಾವಣೆಗೆ ಸಜ್ಜಾಗಿರುವ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಸೇರಿ 9ಕ್ಕೂ ಹೆಚ್ಚು ರಾಜ್ಯಗಳ ಎಟಿಎಂಗಳು ಖಾಲಿಯಾಗಿದ್ದು, ಹಣವಿಲ್ಲ ಎಂಬ ಬೋರ್ಡ್ಗಳು ರಾರಾಜಿಸುತ್ತಿವೆ. ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ಆರ್ಥಿಕ ಅವ್ಯವಸ್ಥೆಯೇ ...READ MORE
Bird flu outbreak and measures taken As many as 35,000 chicken have died in 20 days at Melakera in Humnabad taluk, sending shockwaves among those in the poultry farming industry. Animal Husbandry ...READ MORE
The AVGC sector is represented by companies, joint ventures, focus groups, consultants and creative professionals. They are engaged in the business of conception, production, post-production, media and intellectual property rights management, publishing and marketing ...READ MORE
why in News?On August 29 this year, Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and U.S. Defence Secretary Ashton Carter signed a Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA), an agreement that the ...READ MORE
Thank you so much for such an overwhelming response for our interview programme. We are extremely humbled at your faith in us in attending in such large numbers. Actually we ...READ MORE
The Agriculture department is working out the modalities to set up Special Agricultural Zones (SAZ) in different parts of the state to provide greater technological and logistic support to farmers ...READ MORE
ಅಂತಾರಾಜ್ಯ ಜಲವಿವಾದ ಕೋಶ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಜಲ ಆಯೋಗದ ನಿರಂತರ ಎಚ್ಚರಿಕೆಯ ಬಳಿಕವೂ ರಾಜ್ಯದಲ್ಲಿನ ಅಂತಾರಾಜ್ಯ ಜಲವಿವಾದ ಕೋಶವನ್ನು (ಐಎಸ್ಡಬ್ಲ್ಯುಡಿ) ಅತಂತ್ರ ಸ್ಥಿತಿಯಲ್ಲೇ ಇಡಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಜಲಸಂಪನ್ಮೂಲ ಇಲಾಖೆಯ ಜಲಸಂಪನ್ಮೂಲ ಅಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆಯಡಿ (ಡಬ್ಲ್ಯುಆರ್ಡಿಒ) ಅಂತಾರಾಜ್ಯ ಜಲವಿವಾದ ಕೋಶವಿದೆ. ನೆರೆ ರಾಜ್ಯಗಳೊಂದಿಗಿನ ನದಿ ನೀರು ...READ MORE
IHR are an instrument for the world to have a robust protocol for prevention, reporting, information sharing and preparedness. India is committed to becoming IHR compliant in 2016. The Goa meeting ...READ MORE
Urban Development-Central Sponsored Mega City Scheme & Smart
“18th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Bird flu outbreak and all you need to
Animation industry – Karnataka
Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA)- All you
An ode to Candidates
Special Agricultural Zone (SAZ)
“18th ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Daily KPSC interview discussion
Government Prioritizes International Health Regulations