As per Registrar General of India, Sample Registration System (SRS) 2013,
- the Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) is 40 per 1000 live births.
- the Neonatal Mortality Rate (NMR) is 28 per 1000 live births
- the Under-five Mortality Rate (U5MR) is 49 per 1000 live births
The schemes to check high child mortality rate are as under:
- To sharpen the focus on the low performing districts, 184 High Priority Districts (HPDs) have been identified for implementation of Reproductive Maternal Newborn Child Health+ Adolescent (RMNCH+A) interventions for achieving improved maternal and child health outcomes.
- India Newborn Action Plan (INAP) was launched in 2014 to make concerted efforts towards attainment of the goals of “Single Digit Neonatal Mortality Rate” and “Single Digit Stillbirth Rate”, by 2030.
- Newer interventions to reduce newborn mortality have also been implemented, including- Vitamin K injection at birth, Antenatal corticosteroids in preterm labour, Kangaroo Mother Care and empowering ANMs to provide Injection Gentamicin to young infants for possible serious bacterial infection.
- In order to increase awareness about the use of ORS and Zinc in diarrhoea, an Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight (IDCF) is being observed during July-August, with the ultimate aim of ‘zero child deaths due to childhood diarrhoea’. During fortnight health workers visited the households of under five children, conducted community level awareness generation activities and distributed ORS packets to the families with children under five years of age.
- National Iron Plus Initiative (NIPI) – To address anaemia, NIPI has been launched which includes provision of supervised biweekly iron folic acid supplementation by ASHA for all under-five children and biannual deworming.
- National Deworming Day (NDD)– Recognising worm infestation as an important cause of anaemia, the first National Deworming Day (NDD) was observed on 10th February, 2015 in 11 States/UT targeting all children in the age group of 1-19 years (both school enrolled and non-enrolled). Total of 8.98 crore children received deworming tablet (Albendazole) during the National Deworming Day. The same will be observed on an annual basis.
- Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK) has been launched (Feb 2013) to provide strategic interventions to address birth defects, delays and deficiencies and reduce out of pocket expenditure for the families on treatment by expanding the reach of mobile health teams at block level and establishing District Early Intervention Centres (DEICs) in the districts.
- Birth Defects Surveillance System (BDSS) is being established – to serve as a tool for identifying congenital anomalies. It is as a collaborative effort between the MoHFW, GoI, WHO and CDC.
- Mission Indradhanush: Launched on 25th December, 2014, seeks to drive toward 90% full immunization coverage with all vaccines in the entire country by year 2020 with a high focus on the 201 identified districts.
- Mission Indradhanush Phase II has begun in 352 districts across the country (279 medium priority districts + 33 districts from North Eastern States + 44 districts from Phase I districts where large number of missed out children were detected during monitoring of phase I of Mission Indradhanush).
In a development that gives a big boost to the aviation industry in Karnataka, aerospace major Boeing is holding talks with the state government on setting up a new aircraft ...READ MORE
Biometric attendance to weed out bogus billing Civic officials are all set to introduce the biometric system of attendance for pourakarmikas to weed out suspect bogus billing by contractors. The National Informatics ...READ MORE
The Make in India – Karnataka conference concluded in Bengaluru on Tuesday. Aimed at re-energising the industry and boosting the manufacturing sector, the conference saw the participation of more than 5,000 ...READ MORE
ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಕೃಷಿ ಸಚಿವಾಲಯವು ಇತ್ತೀಚೆಗೆ ತನ್ನ ‘ಆಹಾರ ಸುರಕ್ಷತಾ’ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮದಡಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ನಕಲಿ ಕೀಟನಾಶಕಗಳ ವಿರುದ್ಧ ವಿತರಕರು ಹಾಗೂ ಮಾರಾಟಗಾರರಲ್ಲಿ ಜಾಗೃತಿ ಮೂಡಿಸಲು ಪ್ರಯತ್ನಿಸುತ್ತಿದೆ. ಭಾರತೀಯ ವಾಣಿಜ್ಯೋದ್ಯಮ ಸಂಘಟನೆಗಳ ಮಹಾ ಒಕ್ಕೂಟ (ಫಿಕ್ಕಿ) ನಡೆಸಿದ ಅಧ್ಯಯನದ ಪ್ರಕಾರ, ದೇಶಿ ಕೃಷಿ ರಂಗದಲ್ಲಿ ₹ 25 ಸಾವಿರ ...READ MORE
Aadhaar Bill Finance Minister Arun Jaitley introduced the Aadhaar Bill, 2016, in the Lok Sabha. Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Bill, 2016 The Bill provides statutory backing ...READ MORE
The State Cabinet gave its nod for incorporating several changes in the panchayat raj legislation Amendments are based on the recommendations made by a committee headed by former speaker K R Ramesh Kumar. The ...READ MORE
ಸಂವಿಧಾನ ಶಿಲ್ಪಿ ಡಾ.ಬಿ.ಆರ್. ಅಂಬೇಡ್ಕರ್ ಅವರ 125ನೇ ಜಯಂತಿ ಅಂಗವಾಗಿ 2015–16ನೇ ಸಾಲಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟರಿಗೆ ವಸತಿ ಒದಗಿಸಲು ಅಂಬೇಡ್ಕರ್ ನಿವಾಸ ಯೋಜನೆ ಜಾರಿಗೆ ಸಂಪುಟ ಒಪ್ಪಿಗೆ ಸೂಚಿಸಿದೆ. ‘ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟ ಜಾತಿ ಮತ್ತು ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟ ಪಂಗಡದ ಉಪಯೋಜನೆಯ ಅಡಿಯಲ್ಲೇ ಈ ಯೋಜನೆಗೆ ಅನುದಾನ ಹೊಂದಿಸಲಾಗುವುದು. ಗ್ರಾಮೀಣ ...READ MORE
Polyhouse farming/ shelter farming is an alternative new technique in agriculture gaining foothold in rural India. In Karnataka Polyhouse farming a part of Krishi bhagya programme of GOK It reduces dependency on rainfall and ...READ MORE
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given its approval for creation of buffer stock of pulses. Background: Although India is the highest producer of pulses in the world, its ...READ MORE
Report on promotions for SC/ST communities accepted The State Cabinet on 17th May accepted a government committee report on a case related to the Supreme Court quashing of reservation for SC ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Boeing in talks with govt to set
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka: Make in India meet concludes
ಆಹಾರ ಸುರಕ್ಷತಾ’ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮ
Aadhar Bill 2016
Gram Swaraj Panchayat Raj bill, 2015
ಅಂಬೇಡ್ಕರ್ ನಿವಾಸ ಯೋಜನೆ
Poly house farming
Long term measures to increase production of pulses
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC