As per Registrar General of India, Sample Registration System (SRS) 2013,
- the Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) is 40 per 1000 live births.
- the Neonatal Mortality Rate (NMR) is 28 per 1000 live births
- the Under-five Mortality Rate (U5MR) is 49 per 1000 live births
The schemes to check high child mortality rate are as under:
- To sharpen the focus on the low performing districts, 184 High Priority Districts (HPDs) have been identified for implementation of Reproductive Maternal Newborn Child Health+ Adolescent (RMNCH+A) interventions for achieving improved maternal and child health outcomes.
- India Newborn Action Plan (INAP) was launched in 2014 to make concerted efforts towards attainment of the goals of “Single Digit Neonatal Mortality Rate” and “Single Digit Stillbirth Rate”, by 2030.
- Newer interventions to reduce newborn mortality have also been implemented, including- Vitamin K injection at birth, Antenatal corticosteroids in preterm labour, Kangaroo Mother Care and empowering ANMs to provide Injection Gentamicin to young infants for possible serious bacterial infection.
- In order to increase awareness about the use of ORS and Zinc in diarrhoea, an Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight (IDCF) is being observed during July-August, with the ultimate aim of ‘zero child deaths due to childhood diarrhoea’. During fortnight health workers visited the households of under five children, conducted community level awareness generation activities and distributed ORS packets to the families with children under five years of age.
- National Iron Plus Initiative (NIPI) – To address anaemia, NIPI has been launched which includes provision of supervised biweekly iron folic acid supplementation by ASHA for all under-five children and biannual deworming.
- National Deworming Day (NDD)– Recognising worm infestation as an important cause of anaemia, the first National Deworming Day (NDD) was observed on 10th February, 2015 in 11 States/UT targeting all children in the age group of 1-19 years (both school enrolled and non-enrolled). Total of 8.98 crore children received deworming tablet (Albendazole) during the National Deworming Day. The same will be observed on an annual basis.
- Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK) has been launched (Feb 2013) to provide strategic interventions to address birth defects, delays and deficiencies and reduce out of pocket expenditure for the families on treatment by expanding the reach of mobile health teams at block level and establishing District Early Intervention Centres (DEICs) in the districts.
- Birth Defects Surveillance System (BDSS) is being established – to serve as a tool for identifying congenital anomalies. It is as a collaborative effort between the MoHFW, GoI, WHO and CDC.
- Mission Indradhanush: Launched on 25th December, 2014, seeks to drive toward 90% full immunization coverage with all vaccines in the entire country by year 2020 with a high focus on the 201 identified districts.
- Mission Indradhanush Phase II has begun in 352 districts across the country (279 medium priority districts + 33 districts from North Eastern States + 44 districts from Phase I districts where large number of missed out children were detected during monitoring of phase I of Mission Indradhanush).
Reforming criminals Judgement was given in a majority judgment of the five-judge Constitution Bench led by Chief Justice of India H.L. Dattu observed in the Rajiv Gandhi killers’ remission case. They noted that ...READ MORE
Karnataka Govt: Over-exploitation pushed down water table in 143 taluks On 22nd March, the government presented a grim picture of the water situation. Groundwater levels in 143 of the total 176 ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government is planning to introduce 100% reservation to Kannadigas in blue-collar jobs in private sector industries across the state. The state labour department has released the draft amendments to ...READ MORE
2005ರ ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ 12ರಂದು ಜಾರಿ ಜನಸಾಮಾನ್ಯರೂ ಆಡಳಿತ ವ್ಯವಸ್ಥೆಯ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಪಡೆಯಲು ಅನುವಾಗುವ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಹಕ್ಕು ಕಾಯ್ದೆ. ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಹಕ್ಕು ಕಾಯ್ದೆ ಎಂದರೇನು? ನಾಗರಿಕರು ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಬಯಸಿ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿದ ಅರ್ಜಿಯನ್ನು ಪರೀಕ್ಷಿಸಿ, ಅದಕ್ಕೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಪಟ್ಟ ಸೂಕ್ತ ಮಾಹಿತಿಯನ್ನು ನಿಗದಿತ ಅವಧಿಯೊಳಗೆ ನೀಡುವುದು; ಆ ಮೂಲಕ ಆಡಳಿತ ವ್ಯವಹಾರದಲ್ಲಿ ...READ MORE
2010-11ನೇ ಸಾಲಿನಿಂದ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ಯೋಜನೆ ಇಂದಿರಾಗಾಂದಿ ಮಾತೃತ್ವ ಸಹಯೋಗ ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು ಪ್ರಾಯೋಗಿಕವಾಗಿ ರಾಜ್ಯದಲ್ಲಿ 2 ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಗಳಾದ ಕೋಲಾರ ಹಾಗೂ ಧಾರವಾಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಜಾರಿಗೊಳಿಸಲಾಗುತ್ತಿದೆ. ಇದರಡಿ ಗಬಿಣಿಯರಿಗೆ ಹಾಗೂ ಹಾಲುಣಿಸುವ ಮಹಿಳೆಯರಿಗೆ ,ಪೌಷ್ಠಿಕತೆ ಕುರಿತು ಶಿಕ್ಷಣ, ಆರೋಗ್ಯ ಸಲಹೆ ಪದ್ಧತಿಗಳ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ತಿಳುವಳಿಕೆ ನೀಡಲಾಗುವುದು. ...READ MORE
India signs MoU with Republic of Korea - bilateral air service cooperation India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with South Korea or Republic of Korea (RoK) after negotiations to enhance bilateral ...READ MORE
The four cities from Karnataka selected in the second round of the Smart City initiative have commenced the process of selecting project management consultants to help execute their respective action ...READ MORE
The Karnataka state has seen 144 acid attack victims since 2003-04. A large number have lost (some partially) their sight and are badly scarred. A majority of the victims are ...READ MORE
What is a genome ? The genome of an organism is the whole of its hereditary information encoded in its DNA. Within DNA there is a unique chemical code that guides ...READ MORE
SC judgement : Remission of sentences
KARNATAKA – CURRENT AFFAIRS – KAS / KPSC
Karnataka plans 100% quota for locals in private
ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಹಕ್ಕು ಕಾಯ್ದೆ(ಆರ್ಟಿಐ)
ಇಂದಿರಾಗಾಂದಿ ಮಾತೃತ್ವ ಸಹಯೋಗ ಯೋಜನೆ
India- South Korea
Karnataka: Smart Cities – Process on to pick
Welfare of acid attack victims
Genome Editing and its controversy
Ganga water for medicinal properties