As per Registrar General of India, Sample Registration System (SRS) 2013,
- the Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) is 40 per 1000 live births.
- the Neonatal Mortality Rate (NMR) is 28 per 1000 live births
- the Under-five Mortality Rate (U5MR) is 49 per 1000 live births
The schemes to check high child mortality rate are as under:
- To sharpen the focus on the low performing districts, 184 High Priority Districts (HPDs) have been identified for implementation of Reproductive Maternal Newborn Child Health+ Adolescent (RMNCH+A) interventions for achieving improved maternal and child health outcomes.
- India Newborn Action Plan (INAP) was launched in 2014 to make concerted efforts towards attainment of the goals of “Single Digit Neonatal Mortality Rate” and “Single Digit Stillbirth Rate”, by 2030.
- Newer interventions to reduce newborn mortality have also been implemented, including- Vitamin K injection at birth, Antenatal corticosteroids in preterm labour, Kangaroo Mother Care and empowering ANMs to provide Injection Gentamicin to young infants for possible serious bacterial infection.
- In order to increase awareness about the use of ORS and Zinc in diarrhoea, an Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight (IDCF) is being observed during July-August, with the ultimate aim of ‘zero child deaths due to childhood diarrhoea’. During fortnight health workers visited the households of under five children, conducted community level awareness generation activities and distributed ORS packets to the families with children under five years of age.
- National Iron Plus Initiative (NIPI) – To address anaemia, NIPI has been launched which includes provision of supervised biweekly iron folic acid supplementation by ASHA for all under-five children and biannual deworming.
- National Deworming Day (NDD)– Recognising worm infestation as an important cause of anaemia, the first National Deworming Day (NDD) was observed on 10th February, 2015 in 11 States/UT targeting all children in the age group of 1-19 years (both school enrolled and non-enrolled). Total of 8.98 crore children received deworming tablet (Albendazole) during the National Deworming Day. The same will be observed on an annual basis.
- Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK) has been launched (Feb 2013) to provide strategic interventions to address birth defects, delays and deficiencies and reduce out of pocket expenditure for the families on treatment by expanding the reach of mobile health teams at block level and establishing District Early Intervention Centres (DEICs) in the districts.
- Birth Defects Surveillance System (BDSS) is being established – to serve as a tool for identifying congenital anomalies. It is as a collaborative effort between the MoHFW, GoI, WHO and CDC.
- Mission Indradhanush: Launched on 25th December, 2014, seeks to drive toward 90% full immunization coverage with all vaccines in the entire country by year 2020 with a high focus on the 201 identified districts.
- Mission Indradhanush Phase II has begun in 352 districts across the country (279 medium priority districts + 33 districts from North Eastern States + 44 districts from Phase I districts where large number of missed out children were detected during monitoring of phase I of Mission Indradhanush).
The RPBD is an annual event organised by the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA), as part of its outreach to the Indian Diaspora in various global regions. So far ...READ MORE
ದೇಶಕ್ಕೆ ಪ್ರಸ್ತುತವಾಗಿರುವ ಎಂಜಿನಿಯರಿಂಗ್ ಮತ್ತು ತಂತ್ರಜ್ಞಾನ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರಗಳ ಸವಾಲುಗಳನ್ನು ಎದುರಿಸುವ ಸಂಶೋಧನೆಗಳಿಗೆ ಅವಕಾಶ ಮಾಡಿಕೊಡುವ ಮಹತ್ವಾಕಾಂಕ್ಷಿ ಯೋಜನೆ ‘ಇಂಪ್ರಿಂಟ್ ಇಂಡಿಯಾ’ಗೆ ಚಾಲನೆ ‘ಇಂಪ್ರಿಂಟ್’ನ್ನು ಐಐಟಿ ಮತ್ತು ಐಐಎಸ್ಸಿ ಜಂಟಿಯಾಗಿ ನಿರ್ವಹಿಸುತ್ತವೆ. ಸಂಶೋಧನೆಗಳು ಇಂದಿನ ಸಮಾಜಕ್ಕೆ ದೊಡ್ಡ ಪ್ರಮಾಣದಲ್ಲಿ ನೆರವಾಗುವಂತಿರಬೇಕು. ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮದ ಉದ್ದೇಶ: ಸಮಾಜದಲ್ಲಿ ಯಾವ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರದಲ್ಲಿ ಹೊಸತನದ ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Bioleaching is the extraction of metals from their ores through the use of living organisms. ∗ It is the Conversion of insoluble metal sulfides into water-soluble metal sulfates. ∗ Nowadays bioleaching ...READ MORE
HELLO FRIENDS, KPSC will be conducting the first round of GAZETTED PROBATIONARY EXAMINATION (Preliminary round) to fill 400+ GROUP A AND GROUP B POSTS IN VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS. With regard to this, Team NammaKPSC ...READ MORE
More children in rural Karnataka of the ages three and four were out of school in 2016 than there were in 2014, according to the Annual Status of Education Report ...READ MORE
ಭೂಮಿಯ ಮೇಲ್ಮೈ ಮೇಲೆ ಬೀಳುವ ಸೌರಶಕ್ತಿಯು ಪ್ರಾಥಮಿಕವಾಗಿ ಭೌಗೋಳಿಕ ನೆಲೆ, ಭೂಮಿ-ಸೂರ್ಯನ ಚಲನೆ, ಭೂಮಿಯ ಪರಿಭ್ರಮಣ ರೇಖೆಯ ಓರೆ ಮತ್ತು ತೇಲುವ ಕಣಗಳಿಂದಾಗಿ ವಾತಾವರಣವು ಸೌರಶಕ್ತಿಯನ್ನು ಕುಂದಿಸುವ ಕ್ರಿಯೆ (Attenuation) ಮುಂತಾದ ಅಂಶಗಳನ್ನು ಅವಲಂಬಿಸಿರುತ್ತದೆ ಒಂದು ಪ್ರದೇಶದ ಸೌರ ಸಂಪನ್ಮೂಲ ಸಾಮರ್ಥ್ಯ ಅಥವಾ ...READ MORE
The Cabinet approved Rs. 2,000 crore for the rehabilitation of Kashmiris who moved to different parts of India in the early 1990s and began to be recognised as migrants. It will ...READ MORE
What in News: Special package for polyhouse farming Agriculture Minister C. Krishna Byregowda has said a special package will be formulated to provide loans at lower rate of interest to construct polyhouses ...READ MORE
The 68th Republic Day parade in New Delhi's Rajpath was a colourful affair tableaux from 17 states and Union Territories showcased the varied historical, art and cultural heritage of the ...READ MORE
Regional Pravasi Bharatiya Divas at Los Angeles
ಇಂಪ್ರಿಂಟ್ ಇಂಡಿಯಾ’ಗೆ ಚಾಲನೆ
MISSION PRELIMS 2017
Dropout rate in rural K’taka shot up in
ಸೌರ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಯ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ನೋಟ
Economic package for Kashmiri migrants’ rehabilitation
Government Programme Made easy: Karnataka Polyhouse farming
India Celebrate 68th Republic Day – Highlights
Highlights of Agriculture Census 2010-11