As per Registrar General of India, Sample Registration System (SRS) 2013,
- the Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) is 40 per 1000 live births.
- the Neonatal Mortality Rate (NMR) is 28 per 1000 live births
- the Under-five Mortality Rate (U5MR) is 49 per 1000 live births
The schemes to check high child mortality rate are as under:
- To sharpen the focus on the low performing districts, 184 High Priority Districts (HPDs) have been identified for implementation of Reproductive Maternal Newborn Child Health+ Adolescent (RMNCH+A) interventions for achieving improved maternal and child health outcomes.
- India Newborn Action Plan (INAP) was launched in 2014 to make concerted efforts towards attainment of the goals of “Single Digit Neonatal Mortality Rate” and “Single Digit Stillbirth Rate”, by 2030.
- Newer interventions to reduce newborn mortality have also been implemented, including- Vitamin K injection at birth, Antenatal corticosteroids in preterm labour, Kangaroo Mother Care and empowering ANMs to provide Injection Gentamicin to young infants for possible serious bacterial infection.
- In order to increase awareness about the use of ORS and Zinc in diarrhoea, an Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight (IDCF) is being observed during July-August, with the ultimate aim of ‘zero child deaths due to childhood diarrhoea’. During fortnight health workers visited the households of under five children, conducted community level awareness generation activities and distributed ORS packets to the families with children under five years of age.
- National Iron Plus Initiative (NIPI) – To address anaemia, NIPI has been launched which includes provision of supervised biweekly iron folic acid supplementation by ASHA for all under-five children and biannual deworming.
- National Deworming Day (NDD)– Recognising worm infestation as an important cause of anaemia, the first National Deworming Day (NDD) was observed on 10th February, 2015 in 11 States/UT targeting all children in the age group of 1-19 years (both school enrolled and non-enrolled). Total of 8.98 crore children received deworming tablet (Albendazole) during the National Deworming Day. The same will be observed on an annual basis.
- Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK) has been launched (Feb 2013) to provide strategic interventions to address birth defects, delays and deficiencies and reduce out of pocket expenditure for the families on treatment by expanding the reach of mobile health teams at block level and establishing District Early Intervention Centres (DEICs) in the districts.
- Birth Defects Surveillance System (BDSS) is being established – to serve as a tool for identifying congenital anomalies. It is as a collaborative effort between the MoHFW, GoI, WHO and CDC.
- Mission Indradhanush: Launched on 25th December, 2014, seeks to drive toward 90% full immunization coverage with all vaccines in the entire country by year 2020 with a high focus on the 201 identified districts.
- Mission Indradhanush Phase II has begun in 352 districts across the country (279 medium priority districts + 33 districts from North Eastern States + 44 districts from Phase I districts where large number of missed out children were detected during monitoring of phase I of Mission Indradhanush).
DIPP rechristened to include internal trade Topic: Economy IN NEWS: The government has notified changing the name of the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) to the Department for Promotion of ...READ MORE
Centre gives nod to subsidy for e-buses The Union government has given its nod to sanction subsidy to Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) for these buses. However, the Centre’s nod has come ...READ MORE
The Thirteenth Finance Commission has recommended a five year tenure from 2010-11 to 2014-15 for the utilisation of its grants. The grants are released in 2 instalments annually, based on the ...READ MORE
What India, Cyprus vow to curb money laundering Why in news? India and Cyprus signed two agreements on combating money laundering and cooperation in the field of environment as President Ram Nath ...READ MORE
Vande Bharat from Bengaluru to Mangaluru soon Vande Bharat Express is a 16-coach train which can accommodate 1,128 passengers Vande Bharat Express will soon be introduced on Bengaluru-Mangaluru, Mangaluru-Chennai and Mangaluru-Hyderabad routes, It ...READ MORE
Ethics panel debates checks and balances Topic: Indian Polity IN NEWS: Parliamentarians are deliberating on having checks and balances while making their personal information public. More on the topic: In a meeting of the ...READ MORE
New sand policy to include demands of coastal districts The state government will come out with a new sand policy incorporating the demands of the three coastal districts to allow locals ...READ MORE
For the first time, the secretariat has allowed the MLAs to either WhatsApp or e-mail their questions. This facility is introduced for the session starting February 6. Of the 224 MLAs, ...READ MORE
It is possible to get an image or design of your choice embossed on pearls while they are being formed in the oysters - "Image pearl farming” is all about such ...READ MORE
ಆಸ್ತಿ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಒದಗಿಸುವ ‘ದಿಶಾಂಕ್’ ಆ್ಯಪ್ ಯಾವುದಾದರೂ ಆಸ್ತಿಯ ನಿಖರವಾದ ಸರ್ವೆ ನಂಬರ್ ಹುಡುಕಬೇಕೇ? ಅದು ಕೆರೆಯ ಮೀಸಲು ಪ್ರದೇಶದ ವ್ಯಾಪ್ತಿಯಲ್ಲಿದೆಯೇ, ಆ ಜಾಗ ಸರ್ಕಾರಕ್ಕೇ ಸೇರಿದ್ದೇ, ಗೋಮಾಳವೇ, ಅದು ಒತ್ತುವರಿ ಜಾಗವೇ ಎಂಬ ವಿವರಗಳನ್ನು ತಿಳಿದುಕೊಳ್ಳಲು ಕಂದಾಯ ಇಲಾಖೆ ಪರಿಚಯಿಸಿರುವ ‘ದಿಶಾಂಕ್’ ...READ MORE
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 31st January
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 7th June
Rural Development-Rural Infrastructure-Thirteenth Finance Commission Grants & Grama
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 4th September
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams 24th Feb
National Current Affairs- UPSC/KAS Exams – 5th October
Today’s (5th April) Current Affairs For KAS /
Poor response from MLAs to e-governance initiatives
Image pearl farming
30th ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ