As per Registrar General of India, Sample Registration System (SRS) 2013,
- the Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) is 40 per 1000 live births.
- the Neonatal Mortality Rate (NMR) is 28 per 1000 live births
- the Under-five Mortality Rate (U5MR) is 49 per 1000 live births
The schemes to check high child mortality rate are as under:
- To sharpen the focus on the low performing districts, 184 High Priority Districts (HPDs) have been identified for implementation of Reproductive Maternal Newborn Child Health+ Adolescent (RMNCH+A) interventions for achieving improved maternal and child health outcomes.
- India Newborn Action Plan (INAP) was launched in 2014 to make concerted efforts towards attainment of the goals of “Single Digit Neonatal Mortality Rate” and “Single Digit Stillbirth Rate”, by 2030.
- Newer interventions to reduce newborn mortality have also been implemented, including- Vitamin K injection at birth, Antenatal corticosteroids in preterm labour, Kangaroo Mother Care and empowering ANMs to provide Injection Gentamicin to young infants for possible serious bacterial infection.
- In order to increase awareness about the use of ORS and Zinc in diarrhoea, an Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight (IDCF) is being observed during July-August, with the ultimate aim of ‘zero child deaths due to childhood diarrhoea’. During fortnight health workers visited the households of under five children, conducted community level awareness generation activities and distributed ORS packets to the families with children under five years of age.
- National Iron Plus Initiative (NIPI) – To address anaemia, NIPI has been launched which includes provision of supervised biweekly iron folic acid supplementation by ASHA for all under-five children and biannual deworming.
- National Deworming Day (NDD)– Recognising worm infestation as an important cause of anaemia, the first National Deworming Day (NDD) was observed on 10th February, 2015 in 11 States/UT targeting all children in the age group of 1-19 years (both school enrolled and non-enrolled). Total of 8.98 crore children received deworming tablet (Albendazole) during the National Deworming Day. The same will be observed on an annual basis.
- Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK) has been launched (Feb 2013) to provide strategic interventions to address birth defects, delays and deficiencies and reduce out of pocket expenditure for the families on treatment by expanding the reach of mobile health teams at block level and establishing District Early Intervention Centres (DEICs) in the districts.
- Birth Defects Surveillance System (BDSS) is being established – to serve as a tool for identifying congenital anomalies. It is as a collaborative effort between the MoHFW, GoI, WHO and CDC.
- Mission Indradhanush: Launched on 25th December, 2014, seeks to drive toward 90% full immunization coverage with all vaccines in the entire country by year 2020 with a high focus on the 201 identified districts.
- Mission Indradhanush Phase II has begun in 352 districts across the country (279 medium priority districts + 33 districts from North Eastern States + 44 districts from Phase I districts where large number of missed out children were detected during monitoring of phase I of Mission Indradhanush).
State wants restaurants to display service charge rule Hotels and restaurants in Karnataka will soon have to display boards saying ‘service charge’ is voluntary. They can’t add the charge in their ...READ MORE
"A King Cobra has been run over by a vehicle on Castle Rock Main Road passing through the Castle Rock Wildlife Range of Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve." Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve is the fourth ...READ MORE
M S Swaminathan bags 'Basava Krishi' award Noted agriculture scientist M S Swaminathan has been selected for the 'Basava Krishi' award given away by the Panchamasali Peetha of Kudalasangama. The award comprises ...READ MORE
Union Cabinet has approved several amendments to the national power tariff policy with a view to promote renewable energy and improve the ease of doing business for developers in the ...READ MORE
A total of 87 infrastructure projects with a combined value of Rs.87,518.77 crore are underway in Karnataka and transportation projects are leading the way with around 52 projects worth Rs.36,237 ...READ MORE
Rs. 574-crore makeover for Bengaluru roads The State Cabinet on 28th Aug approved release of Rs. 574 crore for development of roads of Bengaluru. Briefing on the Cabinet’s decisions, Law and Parliamentary ...READ MORE
ಚುನಾವಣೆ ಕುರಿತ ಗೀತೆ ಬಿಡುಗಡೆ ಮತದಾನದ ಕುರಿತು ಜನ ಜಾಗೃತಿ ಮೂಡಿಸಲು ಸಿದ್ಧಪಡಿಸಿರುವ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಚುನಾವಣಾ ಗೀತೆಯನ್ನು ಮುಖ್ಯ ಚುನಾವಣಾಧಿಕಾರಿ ಸಂಜೀವ್ಕುಮಾರ್ ಬಿಡುಗಡೆ ಮಾಡಿದರು. ರಾಜ್ಯದಲ್ಲ ಮೊಟ್ಟಮೊದಲ ಬಾರಿಗೆ ಚುನಾವಣೆಗೆಂದೆ ಗೀತೆ ರೂಪಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಈ ಗೀತೆ ಮತದಾನದ ಅರಿವು ಮೂಡಿಸಲು ಜನಸಮುದಾಯವನ್ನು ಮುಟ್ಟಲಿದೆ. ಈ ಗೀತೆ ...READ MORE
Siddaramaiah, who presented the state budget proposals for 2017-18 in the Assembly on 15th March, tried to explain the financial constraints his government faces because of a sluggish economy. This has ...READ MORE
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras and its peripherals are all set to become cheaper with the Commercial Taxes department slashing the rate of Value Added Tax (VAT) on the products from ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 8th
National Power Tariff Policy
Infrastructure projects underway in Karnataka
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 29th
“14th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Budget 2017- 2018 – Highlights
Karnataka – Govt Slashes Tax On CCTV Cameras To
Kyasanur Forest Disease