- A total of 87 infrastructure projects with a combined value of Rs.87,518.77 crore are underway in Karnataka and transportation projects are leading the way with around 52 projects worth Rs.36,237 crore currently underway.
- Key focus areas for the state are agri-infrastructure, energy and urban and municipal infrastructure. In the coming years, the focus will be on social infrastructure, education and health according to Industries Department officials.
Some of the projects are
- Road network – Around 50 packages have also been launched for 10,000 km of core road network throughout the state to assist industry. Eight of these packages of 1302.53 km of roads are under implementation currently.
- Upgradation of distribution network – The electricity distribution network for the city is at least 20 years old and this network is now being upgraded by the government across the State. The total outlay for these works is Rs.5,100 crore and it will be used for the upgradation of lines and the installation of new sub-stations to cater to the demand.
- New thermal power plants– The next few years will see the addition of nearly 3100 mega watt of power as the Yermarus (1600 MW) station, Edlapura (800 MW) station and the third unit of the Bellary Thermal Power Station (700 MW) come on stream. To evacuate this power, three major 400 kV stations are being planned at Kalaburagi, Chikanayakanahalli and Ballari.
- Industrial areas– Recently, the Government also inaugurated three new industrial areas in Nanjangud taluk with a total land area of 2,315 acres which will be developed by the Karnataka Industrial Areas Development Board.The areas are expected to provide jobs to 25,000 people at an investment of Rs.15,000 crore.
- Land bank– As part of its land bank project, the Government also has around 40,000 acres of land bank available for industrial projects.
No. of out-of-school children up 3-fold to over 44,000 in State The Department of Primary and Secondary Education has identified over 44,000 out-of-school children (OOSC) in the State. While the survey for ...READ MORE
ರಾಜ್ಯಪಾಲರ ಆಳ್ವಿಕೆ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಉಗ್ರ ನಿಗ್ರಹದ ವಿಚಾರದಲ್ಲಿ ಮೂಡಿದ ಭಿನ್ನಮತದ ಕಾರಣ ಪಿಡಿಪಿ-ಬಿಜೆಪಿ ಮೈತ್ರಿ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಪತನಗೊಂಡ ಜಮ್ಮು-ಕಾಶ್ಮೀರದಲ್ಲಿ ರಾಜ್ಯಪಾಲರ ಆಳ್ವಿಕೆಗೆ ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರಪತಿ ಅಂಕಿತ ಹಾಕಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ಜಮ್ಮು ಮತ್ತು ಕಾಶ್ಮೀರದಲ್ಲಿ ರಾಜ್ಯಪಾಲರ ಆಳ್ವಿಕೆಯ ಮಹತ್ವವೇನು? ಜಮ್ಮು ಮತ್ತು ಕಾಶ್ಮೀರದಲ್ಲಿ ರಾಜ್ಯಪಾಲರ ಆಳ್ವಿಕೆ ಹೇರುವುದು ಉಳಿದ ...READ MORE
The Aadhaar enrolment in Karnataka reached a milestone on 15th Feb as it crossed the six-crore mark, after over six-and-a-half years after the exercise began. The registration in the State now ...READ MORE
Ksheera Bhagya for children with disabilities On the occasion of Karnataka Rajyotsava, the Chief Minister announced the extension of the Ksheera Bhagya scheme to 10,567 children with disabilities studying in schools run ...READ MORE
ವಿವಿಧ ಅರಸರ ಮಧ್ಯೆ ಭಿನ್ನಾಭಿಪ್ರಾಯ ಮೂಡಿಸಿ ಬ್ರಿಟಿಷರು ಒಡೆದು ಆಳುವ ನೀತಿ ಅನುಸರಿಸಿದ್ದರು. ಆದರೆ, ಪಟೇಲ್ ಅವರು ಎಲ್ಲಾ ರಾಜ್ಯಗಳನ್ನು ಭಾರತದ ಒಕ್ಕೂಟದಲ್ಲಿ ಸೇರಿಸಿದರು . ಅರಸರ ಆಡಳಿತದಲ್ಲಿ ಇದ್ದ ರಾಜ್ಯಗಳನ್ನು ಒಕ್ಕೂಟದಲ್ಲಿ ಸೇರಿಸಲು ಪಟೇಲರು ರಾಜಕೀಯ ಚಾತುರ್ಯ ತೋರಿಸಿದ್ದರು. ಚಾಣಕ್ಯನೂ ದೇಶವನ್ನು ...READ MORE
By the end of the year, India expects to freeze the design for the largest battleship ever built for the Indian Navy. It will also be one of the largest carriers ...READ MORE
Govt. scheme benefits not reaching poor women, finds survey A survey by Jagruta Mahila Okkuta, a Khanapur-based NGO, has found out that government schemes were not reaching poor women beneficiaries. Among its ...READ MORE
Old HMT unit premises handed over to ISRO The premises of the now-defunct HMT watch factory in Tumakuru was handed over to the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Deputy Chief Minister G. ...READ MORE
Mincheri hill to turn into tree park The Mincheri Hill Range, which is among the lesser known trekking routes in Ballari district, is now being developed into a tree park. It ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams-15th January 2019
“21st ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka: Aadhaar enrolment crosses six-crore mark
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 2nd November
‘ಒಂದೇ ಭಾರತ, ಶ್ರೇಷ್ಠ ಭಾರತ’ ಚಾಲನೆ
Design for second domestic aircraft carrier to be
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 22nd &
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 15th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
All you need to know- Bank consolidation