- Integrated Farming (IF) is a whole farm management system which aims to deliver more sustainable agriculture. It can be applied to any farming system around the world.
- It involves attention to detail and continuous improvement in all areas of a farming business through informed management processes.
- Integrated Farming combines the best of modern tools and technologies with traditional practices according to a given site and situation. In simple words, it means using many ways of cultivation in a small space or land.
- Its farming system where high quality food, feed, fibre and renewable energy are produced by using resources such as soil, water, air and nature as well as regulating factors to farm sustainably and with as little polluting inputs as possible
Currently in news
- UAS-B to showcase integrated farming models’ demonstration plots to instil confidence among farmers at Krishi Mela
- Demonstration plots of integrated farming system models would be set up in all the seven Krishi Vigyan Kendras spread across 10 districts coming under the jurisdiction of the university to create awareness among farmers about sustainable agricultural practices.
- It is possible to earn around Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 40,000 a month from just one hectare (two and half acres) of farm land with a borewell through the integrated farming system, according to on-field experiments of the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru (UAS-B).
- Based on its experiments over the years, the university has developed an integrated farming system model. Under this, the total plot of 2.5 acres is divided into five components earmarked for growing food crops, commercial crops, ornamental flowers, etc.
- Efficient utilisation of resources and analysing the market trends was the key to success of these models.
- The dry-land model has a farm pond to harvest rain water which is used during kharif for growing short-duration vegetables.
Bill proposes 50% reservation for Karnataka students in NLSIU Students of Karnataka may soon get 50% reservation in Bengaluru’s premier legal education institution National Law School of India University (NLSIU). The State ...READ MORE
What is congenital hypothyroidism? Congenital hypothyroidism (CHT) is a condition resulting from an absent or under-developed thyroid gland (dysgenesis) or one that has developed but cannot make thyroid hormone because of ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government’s spending on infrastructure development, also called capital expenditure, has declined over the years, mainly on account of shrinking revenue surplus position and slackness in tax efforts. The capital ...READ MORE
Introduction Wind power is the conversion of wind energy into a useful form of energy Wind Energy is generated by harnessing the kinetic energy of atmospheric air Wind turbines work by transforming the ...READ MORE
Restoration of the 80-year-old house in which Jnanpith Award winner K. Shivaram Karanth spent most of his life has begun at Balavana in Puttur, 90 km from Mangaluru. The work is ...READ MORE
Citizens can apply online for regularisation of their properties under the Akrama-Sakrama scheme may have to wait at least a week as the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is yet to ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Biostimulation involves the modification of the environment to stimulate existing bacteria capable of bioremediation ∗ It is the form of in situ bioremediation which uses an electron donor or acceptor ...READ MORE
Earth Summit 1992 Earth Summit 1992 was the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED), commonly known as the Rio Summit or Rio Conference Outcomes Rio Declaration on Environment and Development Agenda 21 Convention ...READ MORE
What is Jallikattu? Jallikattu is an ancient bull taming blood sport played in Tamil Nadu. It's a part of Pongal celebrations on Mattu Pongal day According to experts, the term Jallikattu is derived ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka: Doctors want govt to mandate hypothyroidism test
Karnataka Government’s spending on infrastructure comes down
Karanth’s house being restored
Akrama-Sakrama online process to start after a week
Kyoto to Paris- All about climate change negotiations
How is the Union Budget Prepared?
Jallikattu Explained – History – Controversy – PETA