- Integrated Farming (IF) is a whole farm management system which aims to deliver more sustainable agriculture. It can be applied to any farming system around the world.
- It involves attention to detail and continuous improvement in all areas of a farming business through informed management processes.
- Integrated Farming combines the best of modern tools and technologies with traditional practices according to a given site and situation. In simple words, it means using many ways of cultivation in a small space or land.
- Its farming system where high quality food, feed, fibre and renewable energy are produced by using resources such as soil, water, air and nature as well as regulating factors to farm sustainably and with as little polluting inputs as possible
Currently in news
- UAS-B to showcase integrated farming models’ demonstration plots to instil confidence among farmers at Krishi Mela
- Demonstration plots of integrated farming system models would be set up in all the seven Krishi Vigyan Kendras spread across 10 districts coming under the jurisdiction of the university to create awareness among farmers about sustainable agricultural practices.
- It is possible to earn around Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 40,000 a month from just one hectare (two and half acres) of farm land with a borewell through the integrated farming system, according to on-field experiments of the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru (UAS-B).
- Based on its experiments over the years, the university has developed an integrated farming system model. Under this, the total plot of 2.5 acres is divided into five components earmarked for growing food crops, commercial crops, ornamental flowers, etc.
- Efficient utilisation of resources and analysing the market trends was the key to success of these models.
- The dry-land model has a farm pond to harvest rain water which is used during kharif for growing short-duration vegetables.
The Dr B R Ambedkar School of Economics, modelled on the London School of Economics, will begin classes from the upcoming academic year (2017-18) at the Jnana Bharathi campus of ...READ MORE
The reality of urban governance in Karnataka and in India general, in the context of a local government, stands in contrast to the philosophy of the Constitution. The colonial authoritarian structure of city governance continues to ...READ MORE
Krishi Mela, the annual event organised by the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru (UAS-B) at Gandhi Krishi Vignana Kendra (GKVK) has been called off this time because of extreme drought ...READ MORE
What does it say Its is set to roll out on January 1, 2016. As per the formula, vehicles with registration number ending with an odd number will be allowed on odd-number ...READ MORE
Initiatives Taken Up Solid Waste Management: Municipal Solid Waste Management is one of the basic functions of the Municipalities. Rapid urbanization, heterogeneous nature of waste, lack of awareness among the public and various other stake ...READ MORE
India signs MoU with Republic of Korea - bilateral air service cooperation India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with South Korea or Republic of Korea (RoK) after negotiations to enhance bilateral ...READ MORE
Denmark the least corrupt country, India at 76th position India has climbed nine points to rank 76th in this year’s global corruption index topped by Denmark, with watchdog Transparency International calling ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Drought hits production With major mango producing districts stricken by drought, domestic mango production, and subsequently the export of the fruit, is seeing a huge hit this year. The production of mangoes ...READ MORE
Kawal Tiger Reserve in Andhra Pradesh has become more a safe zone for resurgent Maoists than tigers In the current phase of its resurgence, Maoist activity in the district is confined ...READ MORE
About World Radio Day World Radio Day is observed on February 13 to celebrate radio as a medium to promote and access information. After originally proposed by the Kingdom of Spain, UNESCO ...READ MORE
Cabinet okays Rs 150-cr corpus for School of
Urban Governance & Constitution of a District Planning
Karnataka Draught: Krishi Mela called off
Delhi odd-even formula
State Issues – Solid Waste Management
India- South Korea
The Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) for 2015
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Kawal Tiger Reserve – adobe of maoists
World Radio Day 2017 – ‘Radio is You’!