- Integrated Farming (IF) is a whole farm management system which aims to deliver more sustainable agriculture. It can be applied to any farming system around the world.
- It involves attention to detail and continuous improvement in all areas of a farming business through informed management processes.
- Integrated Farming combines the best of modern tools and technologies with traditional practices according to a given site and situation. In simple words, it means using many ways of cultivation in a small space or land.
- Its farming system where high quality food, feed, fibre and renewable energy are produced by using resources such as soil, water, air and nature as well as regulating factors to farm sustainably and with as little polluting inputs as possible
Currently in news
- UAS-B to showcase integrated farming models’ demonstration plots to instil confidence among farmers at Krishi Mela
- Demonstration plots of integrated farming system models would be set up in all the seven Krishi Vigyan Kendras spread across 10 districts coming under the jurisdiction of the university to create awareness among farmers about sustainable agricultural practices.
- It is possible to earn around Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 40,000 a month from just one hectare (two and half acres) of farm land with a borewell through the integrated farming system, according to on-field experiments of the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru (UAS-B).
- Based on its experiments over the years, the university has developed an integrated farming system model. Under this, the total plot of 2.5 acres is divided into five components earmarked for growing food crops, commercial crops, ornamental flowers, etc.
- Efficient utilisation of resources and analysing the market trends was the key to success of these models.
- The dry-land model has a farm pond to harvest rain water which is used during kharif for growing short-duration vegetables.
Water Resources Minister M B Patil on Wednesday informed the Legislative Council that it would be unscientific to desilt the Tungabhadra dam, which has about 33 tmcft of silt deposition. Replying ...READ MORE
Karnataka will depict various stages of coffee-making, from plucking of beans to making of filter coffee, in a captivating tableau during the Republic Day parade From women plucking coffee beans to ...READ MORE
The State government, which made an earlier attempt to secure the breed status in 2016, is expected to make another pitch before the National Bureau of Animal Genetics (NBAG)-Karnal seeking ...READ MORE
The twin cities of Hubballi-Dharwad will host the State Level Olympics Games from February 3 to 10 and 275 gold, silver and bronze medals each would be awarded in as ...READ MORE
State wants restaurants to display service charge rule Hotels and restaurants in Karnataka will soon have to display boards saying ‘service charge’ is voluntary. They can’t add the charge in their ...READ MORE
A new chapter in the country’s transport sector has been initiated which moves towards clean fuel, India’s first liquefied natural gas-driven bus was launched in Kerala. Union Petroleum and Natural Gas ...READ MORE
The officials of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Tuesday met the state government officials and urged them to speed up the process of making farmers register on M-Kisan portal. Union ...READ MORE
The state-run Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) on 2nd March said that it has called off the plan to construct the controversial steel flyover bridge in Bengaluru. The proposed 6.9 km six-lane steel bridge from ...READ MORE
The number of judges in the High Court of Karnataka has increased to 30, against the sanctioned strength of 62, with the swearing in of five additional judges on Monday. ...READ MORE
The Cabinet approved Rs. 2,000 crore for the rehabilitation of Kashmiris who moved to different parts of India in the early 1990s and began to be recognised as migrants. It will ...READ MORE
To offset silt in Tungabhadra dam: State plans to
Kodagu: The Coffee Land of Karnataka- To be
Karnataka: Kambala buffaloes may get breed status
Karnataka: Hubballi-Dharwad to host State Olympics Games from
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Kerala becomes first State in India to roll
IMD urges govt to encourage farmers to register
Finally Karnataka government scraps Bengaluru steel flyover project
Karnataka High Court gets five new additional judges
Economic package for Kashmiri migrants’ rehabilitation