- Integrated Farming (IF) is a whole farm management system which aims to deliver more sustainable agriculture. It can be applied to any farming system around the world.
- It involves attention to detail and continuous improvement in all areas of a farming business through informed management processes.
- Integrated Farming combines the best of modern tools and technologies with traditional practices according to a given site and situation. In simple words, it means using many ways of cultivation in a small space or land.
- Its farming system where high quality food, feed, fibre and renewable energy are produced by using resources such as soil, water, air and nature as well as regulating factors to farm sustainably and with as little polluting inputs as possible
Currently in news
- UAS-B to showcase integrated farming models’ demonstration plots to instil confidence among farmers at Krishi Mela
- Demonstration plots of integrated farming system models would be set up in all the seven Krishi Vigyan Kendras spread across 10 districts coming under the jurisdiction of the university to create awareness among farmers about sustainable agricultural practices.
- It is possible to earn around Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 40,000 a month from just one hectare (two and half acres) of farm land with a borewell through the integrated farming system, according to on-field experiments of the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru (UAS-B).
- Based on its experiments over the years, the university has developed an integrated farming system model. Under this, the total plot of 2.5 acres is divided into five components earmarked for growing food crops, commercial crops, ornamental flowers, etc.
- Efficient utilisation of resources and analysing the market trends was the key to success of these models.
- The dry-land model has a farm pond to harvest rain water which is used during kharif for growing short-duration vegetables.
The passage of 74th CAA has provided new opportunities for urban governance reforms in the country. The municipal bodies have for the first time been provided the constitutional status of the ...READ MORE
The Union Cabinet has approved the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015, as reported by the Select Committee of Rajya Sabha. The Bill will now be taken up for ...READ MORE
It is the name of recently developed new 'incredible' light bulbs which are powered by GRAVITY. The 'GravityLight' uses a sack of sand to gradually pull a piece of rope through ...READ MORE
Karnataka will depict various stages of coffee-making, from plucking of beans to making of filter coffee, in a captivating tableau during the Republic Day parade From women plucking coffee beans to ...READ MORE
Religious diktat enforced more than a millennium ago can have repercussions in genetic make-up of modern-day Indians. This is the result of a study of numerous communities undertaken by researchers from ...READ MORE
ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಕೃಷಿ ಸಚಿವಾಲಯವು ಇತ್ತೀಚೆಗೆ ತನ್ನ ‘ಆಹಾರ ಸುರಕ್ಷತಾ’ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮದಡಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ನಕಲಿ ಕೀಟನಾಶಕಗಳ ವಿರುದ್ಧ ವಿತರಕರು ಹಾಗೂ ಮಾರಾಟಗಾರರಲ್ಲಿ ಜಾಗೃತಿ ಮೂಡಿಸಲು ಪ್ರಯತ್ನಿಸುತ್ತಿದೆ. ಭಾರತೀಯ ವಾಣಿಜ್ಯೋದ್ಯಮ ಸಂಘಟನೆಗಳ ಮಹಾ ಒಕ್ಕೂಟ (ಫಿಕ್ಕಿ) ನಡೆಸಿದ ಅಧ್ಯಯನದ ಪ್ರಕಾರ, ದೇಶಿ ಕೃಷಿ ರಂಗದಲ್ಲಿ ₹ 25 ಸಾವಿರ ...READ MORE
The RPBD is an annual event organised by the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA), as part of its outreach to the Indian Diaspora in various global regions. So far ...READ MORE
India is home to the largest child population in the world, with almost 42 per cent of the total population under eighteen years of age One of the issues marring this ...READ MORE
Indian badminton ace Saina Nehwal notched up her first title after a career-threatening injury by claiming the Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Goldwith a hard-fought victory in the summit clash on ...READ MORE
State-owned aviation major, Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) thought so when it produced 39 Basant aircraft but stopped building them after 1980. Now, the Aussies want rich Indian farmers to check out ...READ MORE
Urban Development – 74th Constitutional Amendment Act
Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015
Kodagu: The Coffee Land of Karnataka- To be
Genetics throws light on genesis of caste system
ಆಹಾರ ಸುರಕ್ಷತಾ’ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮ
Regional Pravasi Bharatiya Divas at Los Angeles
Protection of Children from Sexual Offences
Sports: Saina Nehwal Lifts Malaysia Masters Grand Prix
Karnataka: Aircraft to spray seeds and fertilisers?