- Integrated Farming (IF) is a whole farm management system which aims to deliver more sustainable agriculture. It can be applied to any farming system around the world.
- It involves attention to detail and continuous improvement in all areas of a farming business through informed management processes.
- Integrated Farming combines the best of modern tools and technologies with traditional practices according to a given site and situation. In simple words, it means using many ways of cultivation in a small space or land.
- Its farming system where high quality food, feed, fibre and renewable energy are produced by using resources such as soil, water, air and nature as well as regulating factors to farm sustainably and with as little polluting inputs as possible
Currently in news
- UAS-B to showcase integrated farming models’ demonstration plots to instil confidence among farmers at Krishi Mela
- Demonstration plots of integrated farming system models would be set up in all the seven Krishi Vigyan Kendras spread across 10 districts coming under the jurisdiction of the university to create awareness among farmers about sustainable agricultural practices.
- It is possible to earn around Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 40,000 a month from just one hectare (two and half acres) of farm land with a borewell through the integrated farming system, according to on-field experiments of the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru (UAS-B).
- Based on its experiments over the years, the university has developed an integrated farming system model. Under this, the total plot of 2.5 acres is divided into five components earmarked for growing food crops, commercial crops, ornamental flowers, etc.
- Efficient utilisation of resources and analysing the market trends was the key to success of these models.
- The dry-land model has a farm pond to harvest rain water which is used during kharif for growing short-duration vegetables.
The International Tax Wing of the Income Tax Department, Bengaluru, on 8th March launched two online services aimed to help non-resident taxpayers. The services include issuance of TDS certificates for non-resident ...READ MORE
After a dismal 2015 of mass refugee flows, war and catastrophe, leading U.N. agencies and their partners announced that they are seeking over $20 billion in funding next year — ...READ MORE
Elephant census: Focus on numbers, sex ratio The four-day exercise to enumerate elephants, which concluded on 19th May, will not just throw up estimates on the elephant population, but will also ...READ MORE
The Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change has notified the revised standards for coal-based Thermal Power Plants in the country, with the primary aim of minimising pollution. These standards are ...READ MORE
100 to be relaunched with response time of 6 seconds The police control room number ‘100’ is being relaunched under a new name ‘Namma-100’ with a promise that calls would be ...READ MORE
What Is Rare Earth Element [REE] Rare earth metals are a set of seventeen chemical elements in the periodic table, specifically the fifteen lanthanides plus scandium and yttrium Why They Are Called ...READ MORE
2005ರ ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ 12ರಂದು ಜಾರಿ ಜನಸಾಮಾನ್ಯರೂ ಆಡಳಿತ ವ್ಯವಸ್ಥೆಯ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಪಡೆಯಲು ಅನುವಾಗುವ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಹಕ್ಕು ಕಾಯ್ದೆ. ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಹಕ್ಕು ಕಾಯ್ದೆ ಎಂದರೇನು? ನಾಗರಿಕರು ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಬಯಸಿ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿದ ಅರ್ಜಿಯನ್ನು ಪರೀಕ್ಷಿಸಿ, ಅದಕ್ಕೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಪಟ್ಟ ಸೂಕ್ತ ಮಾಹಿತಿಯನ್ನು ನಿಗದಿತ ಅವಧಿಯೊಳಗೆ ನೀಡುವುದು; ಆ ಮೂಲಕ ಆಡಳಿತ ವ್ಯವಹಾರದಲ್ಲಿ ...READ MORE
Expected big news - Budget expected to focus on direct taxes While there are unlikely to be any major changes in indirect tax as most of them are now under the ...READ MORE
Flag committee may submit report soon The committee set up to design a flag for Karnataka is preparing to submit a report to the government soon. A nine-member team had been set ...READ MORE
New online system launched for Non-Resident Taxpayers
UN agencies appeal for humanitarian funding
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Stricter Standards for Coal Based Thermal Power Plants
Karnatka Current Afffairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Rare Earth Element [REE]
ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಹಕ್ಕು ಕಾಯ್ದೆ(ಆರ್ಟಿಐ)
Get ready for the Budget 2018
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 16th
Non communicable diseases