- Integrated Farming (IF) is a whole farm management system which aims to deliver more sustainable agriculture. It can be applied to any farming system around the world.
- It involves attention to detail and continuous improvement in all areas of a farming business through informed management processes.
- Integrated Farming combines the best of modern tools and technologies with traditional practices according to a given site and situation. In simple words, it means using many ways of cultivation in a small space or land.
- Its farming system where high quality food, feed, fibre and renewable energy are produced by using resources such as soil, water, air and nature as well as regulating factors to farm sustainably and with as little polluting inputs as possible
Currently in news
- UAS-B to showcase integrated farming models’ demonstration plots to instil confidence among farmers at Krishi Mela
- Demonstration plots of integrated farming system models would be set up in all the seven Krishi Vigyan Kendras spread across 10 districts coming under the jurisdiction of the university to create awareness among farmers about sustainable agricultural practices.
- It is possible to earn around Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 40,000 a month from just one hectare (two and half acres) of farm land with a borewell through the integrated farming system, according to on-field experiments of the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru (UAS-B).
- Based on its experiments over the years, the university has developed an integrated farming system model. Under this, the total plot of 2.5 acres is divided into five components earmarked for growing food crops, commercial crops, ornamental flowers, etc.
- Efficient utilisation of resources and analysing the market trends was the key to success of these models.
- The dry-land model has a farm pond to harvest rain water which is used during kharif for growing short-duration vegetables.
For the first time in its history, the India Meteorological Department — best known for its monsoon forecasts — will issue a summer forecast for April, May and June Those involved ...READ MORE
Minimum basic for state govt staff may be fixed at Rs 16,350 The sixth pay commission constituted by the state government said on Saturday it is yet to finalise its report, ...READ MORE
ಇ–ವಾಹನ ಚಾರ್ಜಿಂಗ್ ಕೇಂದ್ರಕ್ಕೆ ಪರವಾನಗಿ ಅನಗತ್ಯ ಬ್ಯಾಟರಿ ಚಾಲಿತ ವಾಹನಗಳ (ಇ–ವಾಹನ) ಚಾರ್ಜಿಂಗ್ ಕೇಂದ್ರಗಳಿಗೆ ಪರವಾನಗಿ ಪಡೆಯುವ ಅವಶ್ಯಕತೆ ಇಲ್ಲ ಎಂದು ಇಂಧನ ಸಚಿವಾಲಯ ಹೇಳಿದೆ. ಈ ಕ್ರಮದಿಂದಾಗಿ ಇ–ವಾಹನಗಳ ಬಳಕೆಗೆ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಪ್ರೋತ್ಸಾಹ ದೊರಕಲಿದೆ. ‘ವಿದ್ಯುಚ್ಛಕ್ತಿ ಕಾಯ್ದೆ ಅಡಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ವಿದ್ಯುತ್ ಪ್ರಸರಣ, ಸರಬರಾಜು, ...READ MORE
Programmes to control Non communicable diseases National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke (NPCDCS)- which is implemented for interventions up to District level under the National Health ...READ MORE
∗ Gene theft or DNA theft is the act of acquiring the genetic material of another human being, often from a public place, without his or her permission. ∗ The DNA ...READ MORE
The Rajya Sabha passed the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015, The bill seeks to make the resolution of cheque bounce cases a speedier and less inconvenient affair. It introduces an amendment that ...READ MORE
ಆಸ್ತಿ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಒದಗಿಸುವ ‘ದಿಶಾಂಕ್’ ಆ್ಯಪ್ ಯಾವುದಾದರೂ ಆಸ್ತಿಯ ನಿಖರವಾದ ಸರ್ವೆ ನಂಬರ್ ಹುಡುಕಬೇಕೇ? ಅದು ಕೆರೆಯ ಮೀಸಲು ಪ್ರದೇಶದ ವ್ಯಾಪ್ತಿಯಲ್ಲಿದೆಯೇ, ಆ ಜಾಗ ಸರ್ಕಾರಕ್ಕೇ ಸೇರಿದ್ದೇ, ಗೋಮಾಳವೇ, ಅದು ಒತ್ತುವರಿ ಜಾಗವೇ ಎಂಬ ವಿವರಗಳನ್ನು ತಿಳಿದುಕೊಳ್ಳಲು ಕಂದಾಯ ಇಲಾಖೆ ಪರಿಚಯಿಸಿರುವ ‘ದಿಶಾಂಕ್’ ...READ MORE
India's Act East Policy focusses on the extended neighbourhood in the Asia-Pacific region. The policy which was originally conceived as an economic initiative, has gained political, strategic and cultural dimensions including ...READ MORE
Mission Statement: The State Urban Livelihoods Mission will aim “to reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households by enabling them to access gainful self-employment & skilled wage employment opportunities, ...READ MORE
In a first, IMD to bring out summer
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 16th –
“17th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Non communicable diseases
Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015
30th ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
Act East Policy
How is the Union Budget Prepared?
Urban Development: State Urban Livelihoods Mission (SULM)