- Integrated Farming (IF) is a whole farm management system which aims to deliver more sustainable agriculture. It can be applied to any farming system around the world.
- It involves attention to detail and continuous improvement in all areas of a farming business through informed management processes.
- Integrated Farming combines the best of modern tools and technologies with traditional practices according to a given site and situation. In simple words, it means using many ways of cultivation in a small space or land.
- Its farming system where high quality food, feed, fibre and renewable energy are produced by using resources such as soil, water, air and nature as well as regulating factors to farm sustainably and with as little polluting inputs as possible
Currently in news
- UAS-B to showcase integrated farming models’ demonstration plots to instil confidence among farmers at Krishi Mela
- Demonstration plots of integrated farming system models would be set up in all the seven Krishi Vigyan Kendras spread across 10 districts coming under the jurisdiction of the university to create awareness among farmers about sustainable agricultural practices.
- It is possible to earn around Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 40,000 a month from just one hectare (two and half acres) of farm land with a borewell through the integrated farming system, according to on-field experiments of the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru (UAS-B).
- Based on its experiments over the years, the university has developed an integrated farming system model. Under this, the total plot of 2.5 acres is divided into five components earmarked for growing food crops, commercial crops, ornamental flowers, etc.
- Efficient utilisation of resources and analysing the market trends was the key to success of these models.
- The dry-land model has a farm pond to harvest rain water which is used during kharif for growing short-duration vegetables.
People in flex industry seek alternatives Upset with the BBMP council’s resolution banning advertisement hoardings, banners, posters and flexes, members of the Karnataka State Digital Printers and Flex Printers’ Association staged ...READ MORE
ಮಹದಾಯಿ ಐತೀರ್ಪು ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ?ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ, ಗೋವಾ ಮತ್ತು ಮಹಾರಾಷ್ಟ್ರ ನಡುವೆ ಮಹದಾಯಿ ನೀರು ಹಂಚಿಕೆಯ ಕುರಿತಂತೆ ವಿಚಾರಣೆ ಮುಗಿಸಿರುವ ಮಹದಾಯಿ ಜಲವಿವಾದ ನ್ಯಾಯಾಧಿಕರಣ ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 20ರೊಳಗೆ ಐತೀರ್ಪು ಪ್ರಕಟಿಸಲಿದೆ. ಕಳಸಾ ತಿರುವು ಕಾಲುವೆಯ ದುರಸ್ತಿ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ಕೆ ಅನುಮತಿ ನೀಡುವಂತೆ ಕೋರಿ ರಾಜ್ಯ ಸರಕಾರ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿದ್ದ ಮನವಿಯನ್ನು ತಿರಸ್ಕರಿಸಿರುವ ...READ MORE
Uranium mining to move out of Gujanal to uninhabited areas Uranium mining is being moved out of Gujanal village in Gokak taluk of Belagavi district after complaints from villagers that deep ...READ MORE
Property ID numbers in February The long-awaited Property Identification (PID) number will be launched by the BBMP in the first week of February. Once it is launched, there will be an app ...READ MORE
Bengaluru will soon have 10 zones The splitting of the clunky administration of the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) took a step further with the State government initiating the process of ...READ MORE
MeitY launches internship scheme for Tech students In an effort to enhance skills of the youngsters, Ministry of Electronics and Information technology (MeitY) on Wednesday has launched ‘Digital India Internship Scheme’ ...READ MORE
The state Cabinet approved the implementation of solar power projects under distributed-generation approach wherein electricity generated will be supplied to the local community. The move will help cope with the problem ...READ MORE
2005ರ ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ 12ರಂದು ಜಾರಿ ಜನಸಾಮಾನ್ಯರೂ ಆಡಳಿತ ವ್ಯವಸ್ಥೆಯ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಪಡೆಯಲು ಅನುವಾಗುವ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಹಕ್ಕು ಕಾಯ್ದೆ. ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಹಕ್ಕು ಕಾಯ್ದೆ ಎಂದರೇನು? ನಾಗರಿಕರು ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಬಯಸಿ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿದ ಅರ್ಜಿಯನ್ನು ಪರೀಕ್ಷಿಸಿ, ಅದಕ್ಕೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಪಟ್ಟ ಸೂಕ್ತ ಮಾಹಿತಿಯನ್ನು ನಿಗದಿತ ಅವಧಿಯೊಳಗೆ ನೀಡುವುದು; ಆ ಮೂಲಕ ಆಡಳಿತ ವ್ಯವಹಾರದಲ್ಲಿ ...READ MORE
Legislative Council elections in the state Polling in the elections to the 25 seats of the Legislative Council from the Local Authorities constituencies , to be held on Sunday, will decide the fate ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 07th August
25th ಜುಲೈ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 9th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 10th
Karnataka: Solar policy amended by cabinet
ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಹಕ್ಕು ಕಾಯ್ದೆ(ಆರ್ಟಿಐ)
Karnataka Legislative Council- A brief history
Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems