Internet of Things India Congress
Why in News: The first edition of ‘IoT India Congress, 2016’ was in Bengaluru.
- The congress aims to bring together key stakeholders across the value chain and verticals to collaborate, ideate and share a common roadmap for Internet of Things (IoT) implementation.
- Besides tech start-ups, the congress brings top executives from multinational companies such as Philips, GE, and IBM on one platform.
- IoT is likely to generate economic benefits of almost $2 trillion to India.
About Internet of Things:
- The internet of things (IoT) is the internetworking of physical devices, vehicles, buildings and other items—embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and network connectivity that enable these objects to collect and exchange data.
- The Global Standards Initiative on Internet of Things (IoT-GSI) defined the IoT as “the infrastructure of the information society.”
- The IoT allows objects to be sensed and/or controlled remotely across existing network infrastructure,creating opportunities for more direct integration of the physical world into computer-based systems, and resulting in improved efficiency, accuracy and economic benefit
- When IoT is augmented with sensors and actuators, the technology becomes an instance of the more general class of cyber-physical systems, which also encompasses technologies such as smart grids, smart homes, intelligent transportation and smart cities.
- Each thing is uniquely identifiable through its embedded computing system but is able to interoperate within the existing Internet infrastructure.
- The interconnection of these embedded devices (including smart objects), is expected to usher in automation in nearly all fields, while also enabling advanced applications like a smart grid, and expanding to the areas such as smart cities
What Country’s first, indigenous rotavirus vaccine launched The Rotavirus vaccine was developed indigenously, under a public-private partnership between the Ministry of Science Technology and the Health Ministry. Why to combat diarrhoeal deaths. How As given in ...READ MORE
DOWNLOAD AUGUST 2016 CURRENT AFFAIRS MAGAZINE CLICK HERE Best Current affairs Magazine for all civil services competitive examinations. It is the only magazine that covers National issues, international issues and Karnataka issues ...READ MORE
FAME – India is an abbreviation for Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India Government of India approved the National Mission on Electric Mobility in 2011 and subsequently ...READ MORE
New policy on education for children with special needs The Department of Primary and Secondary Education will frame a draft policy on the education for children with special needs. This will ...READ MORE
The Centrally-appointed Forest Advisory Committee (FAC) has pulled up the State government for ‘converting’ a reserve forest to gomala land in Belagavi. The recommendations by the 7-member FAC, which comprises officials ...READ MORE
The project to move Tipu Sultan’s armoury has crossed a critical phase. The armoury is being moved 100 metres to make way for a railway track. The spectacular engineering effort is ...READ MORE
Eco-sensitive zones around state forest patches being redefined The state forest department and the Ministry of Environment and Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) are now redefining the boundaries of eco-sensitive zones ...READ MORE
The Agriculture department is working out the modalities to set up Special Agricultural Zones (SAZ) in different parts of the state to provide greater technological and logistic support to farmers ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Bioleaching is the extraction of metals from their ores through the use of living organisms. ∗ It is the Conversion of insoluble metal sulfides into water-soluble metal sulfates. ∗ Nowadays bioleaching ...READ MORE
The Aadhaar enrolment in Karnataka reached a milestone on 15th Feb as it crossed the six-crore mark, after over six-and-a-half years after the exercise began. The registration in the State now ...READ MORE
India’s rotavirus vaccine launched
AUGUST MAHITHI MONTHLY CURRENT AFFAIRS MAGAZINE FOR KAS
FAME – India
Today’s Current Affairs – Karnataka – For KAS
State seeks diversion of Bhutaramanahatti Reserve Forest land,
Karnataka: Tipu’s armoury shifting starts smooth
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Special Agricultural Zone (SAZ)
Karnataka: Aadhaar enrolment crosses six-crore mark