Internet of Things India Congress
Why in News: The first edition of ‘IoT India Congress, 2016’ was in Bengaluru.
- The congress aims to bring together key stakeholders across the value chain and verticals to collaborate, ideate and share a common roadmap for Internet of Things (IoT) implementation.
- Besides tech start-ups, the congress brings top executives from multinational companies such as Philips, GE, and IBM on one platform.
- IoT is likely to generate economic benefits of almost $2 trillion to India.
About Internet of Things:
- The internet of things (IoT) is the internetworking of physical devices, vehicles, buildings and other items—embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and network connectivity that enable these objects to collect and exchange data.
- The Global Standards Initiative on Internet of Things (IoT-GSI) defined the IoT as “the infrastructure of the information society.”
- The IoT allows objects to be sensed and/or controlled remotely across existing network infrastructure,creating opportunities for more direct integration of the physical world into computer-based systems, and resulting in improved efficiency, accuracy and economic benefit
- When IoT is augmented with sensors and actuators, the technology becomes an instance of the more general class of cyber-physical systems, which also encompasses technologies such as smart grids, smart homes, intelligent transportation and smart cities.
- Each thing is uniquely identifiable through its embedded computing system but is able to interoperate within the existing Internet infrastructure.
- The interconnection of these embedded devices (including smart objects), is expected to usher in automation in nearly all fields, while also enabling advanced applications like a smart grid, and expanding to the areas such as smart cities
ANTI-COUNTERFEITING TRADE AGREEMENT Introduction The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA), is a multinational treaty for the purpose of establishing international standards for intellectual property rights enforcement. The agreement aims to establish an international legal ...READ MORE
What are the underlying causes? El Nino The El Niño is a weather phenomenon resulting in warmer than expected ocean temperatures in the central and eastern parts of the tropical belt of ...READ MORE
RuPay is a combination of two words – Rupee and Payment. RuPay Card is an Indian version of credit/debit card. It is very similar to international cards such as Visa/Master. Government ...READ MORE
The twin cities of Hubballi-Dharwad will host the State Level Olympics Games from February 3 to 10 and 275 gold, silver and bronze medals each would be awarded in as ...READ MORE
Karnataka Agri Business and Food Processing Policy 2015 is aimed at positioning Karnataka in a sustained growth path in the field of agricultural and allied sectors through global technologies and innovative ...READ MORE
Anthropocene era set in The results, found in a new research. are published in the journal Earth’s Future in London The impact that human beings have made on the Earth in terms of production ...READ MORE
What Is Rare Earth Element [REE] Rare earth metals are a set of seventeen chemical elements in the periodic table, specifically the fifteen lanthanides plus scandium and yttrium Why They Are Called ...READ MORE
The Rajya Sabha passed the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015, The bill seeks to make the resolution of cheque bounce cases a speedier and less inconvenient affair. It introduces an amendment that ...READ MORE
Homeless rural residents of Karnataka will now get additional funds to build their houses In a first for the country, the State government has decided to dovetail funds meant for subsidised ...READ MORE
S & T Related Intellectual Property Rights
Chennai floods explained
Indian RuPay card answer to Visa/Master Card?
Karnataka: Hubballi-Dharwad to host State Olympics Games from
Karnataka Agri Business and Food Processing Policy 2015
Rare Earth Element [REE]
Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015
Rural poor in state get MNREGA support to
FAME – India