Internet of Things India Congress
Why in News: The first edition of ‘IoT India Congress, 2016’ was in Bengaluru.
- The congress aims to bring together key stakeholders across the value chain and verticals to collaborate, ideate and share a common roadmap for Internet of Things (IoT) implementation.
- Besides tech start-ups, the congress brings top executives from multinational companies such as Philips, GE, and IBM on one platform.
- IoT is likely to generate economic benefits of almost $2 trillion to India.
About Internet of Things:
- The internet of things (IoT) is the internetworking of physical devices, vehicles, buildings and other items—embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and network connectivity that enable these objects to collect and exchange data.
- The Global Standards Initiative on Internet of Things (IoT-GSI) defined the IoT as “the infrastructure of the information society.”
- The IoT allows objects to be sensed and/or controlled remotely across existing network infrastructure,creating opportunities for more direct integration of the physical world into computer-based systems, and resulting in improved efficiency, accuracy and economic benefit
- When IoT is augmented with sensors and actuators, the technology becomes an instance of the more general class of cyber-physical systems, which also encompasses technologies such as smart grids, smart homes, intelligent transportation and smart cities.
- Each thing is uniquely identifiable through its embedded computing system but is able to interoperate within the existing Internet infrastructure.
- The interconnection of these embedded devices (including smart objects), is expected to usher in automation in nearly all fields, while also enabling advanced applications like a smart grid, and expanding to the areas such as smart cities
In the integrated Union Budget for 2017-18 presented by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in the Lok Sabha on Wednesday, Rs 3,174 crore has been allocated for the South Western Railway ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government’s move to take up the much-needed upgrade of the award-winning Bhoomi software has come to a grinding halt. The government and the contractor – Accenture Services Pvt Ltd ...READ MORE
The Government of Karnataka today said it welcomes Apple Inc.'s proposal to commence initial manufacturing operations in the city. "Apple’s intentions to manufacture in Bengaluru will foster cutting edge technology eco ...READ MORE
The Government has launched Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) in the country. The aim, objective and salient features of CCTNS are : To fully computerize the process of crime ...READ MORE
Ganga Task Force deployed Ganga Gram Yojana launched As a major initiative towards fast track implementation of Namami Gange Programme the first company of Ganga Task force Battalion was deployed at ...READ MORE
The year 2016 marks an end of the era of Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), which drove the global development agenda since the new millennium. The MDGs have paved the way for ...READ MORE
Bengaluru’s very own high-yielding tomato varieties of Arka Rakshak and Arka Samrat have helped their researchers bag a prestigious national award. A team of horticultural scientists from the Hessarghatta-based Indian Institute ...READ MORE
The cultural carnival, ‘Hampi Utsav’ was off to a colourful start at Eduru Basavanna main stage at Hampi, once the capital of the mighty Vijayanagara empire, on Thursday with Chief ...READ MORE
Fire in Kalkere Range Thousands of acres of forest cover burnt down in forest fire in Bandipur tiger reserve on Saturday and a forest guard succumbed to burn injuries while preventing the flames ...READ MORE
Yeshwantpur & B’luru Cantt to be made world-class
Bhoomi software upgrade project stuck over cost escalation
Apple may start manufacturing in Bengaluru
Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems
Implementation Of Namami Gange programme
SDG 3: big agenda, big opportunities for India
Bengaluru’s tomato varieties get researchers national award
Cultural carnival Hampi Utsav off to a colourful
Everything you need to know about Bandipur Forest
Highlights of the G-20 Summit – 2016