- The IS claims to be more than a militant group, selling itself as a government for the world’s Muslims that provides a range of services in the territory it controls.
- The promise of statehood on land it controls in Syria and Iraq remains the main factor distinguishing it from al-Qaida and a powerful draw for recruits from around the world.
- That call to join the IS is still going out, and having an effect, on social media and within jihadist circles.
- But that statehood project is now in distress, perhaps more so than at any other time since the IS began seizing territory in Iraq and Syria, according to a range of interviews with people who have recently fled.
- Under pressure from airstrikes by several countries, and new ground offensives by Kurdish and Shiite militias, the jihadists are beginning to show the strain.
- Its promises ring increasingly hollow as residents living in IS-controlled areas flee deprivation, an intensifying barrage of airstrikes
- Many Sunni Muslims say has acted more like an organised-crime ring than their defender.
- Some fighters have taken pay cuts, while others have quit and slipped away. Important services have been failing because of poor maintenance.
- And as its smuggling and oil businesses have faltered, the Islamic State has fallen back on ever-increasing taxes and tolls imposed on its squeezed citizens.
- Those stresses could provide opportunities for the group’s many enemies, but they do not point to its imminent collapse.
- Ground forces ready to fight the IS in its strongholds in Syria and Iraq are still lacking. And the group is adapting, keeping its international profile high by launching foreign attacks like those that brought down a Russian airliner in Egypt and paralysed Paris. It is also investing in new affiliates in countries like Libya, where it faces little resistance..
Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA) Context: The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for expanding the scope of Higher Education Financing ...READ MORE
Aviation MRO in the country is currently worth $ 700 million and is set to reach $ 2 billion by 2020 Maintenance, repair and operations(MRO) involves fixing any sort of mechanical, ...READ MORE
Swachh Survekshan Grameen, 2018 Why in news? The Centre has launched the Swachh Survekshan Grameen, 2018, a nationwide survey of rural India to rank the cleanest and dirtiest States and districts on ...READ MORE
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras and its peripherals are all set to become cheaper with the Commercial Taxes department slashing the rate of Value Added Tax (VAT) on the products from ...READ MORE
Mumbai gives India its first baby penguin Why in news? The Humboldt penguin was hatchedon August 15 About Penguin As the country celebrated its 72nd Independence Day, the Byculla Zoo had another reason to ...READ MORE
In order to curtail malpractices in the advertisement of AYUSH drugs, the Ministry of AYUSH has signed a MoU with the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI). Addressing the cases of ...READ MORE
Pradhana Manthri Gram Sadak yojana (PMGSY) PMGSY was launched in the State during December 2000 with the objective of providing rural connectivity through all weather roads to the habitations having a population of 500 and above. Under ...READ MORE
The Vijayapura district hospital has emerged the best district hospital in Karnataka and won a cash prize of Rs 50 lakh for the second straight year under the Health Department’s ...READ MORE
World Trade Organisation - Nairobi meeting from December 15 to 18. India is likely to ratify the World Trade Organisation’s (WTO) Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA), aimed at easing customs rules to expedite ...READ MORE
2022ಕ್ಕೆ ಮಾನವ ಸಹಿತ ಬಾಹ್ಯಾಕಾಶ ಯಾನ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಬಾಹ್ಯಾಕಾಶ ವಿಜ್ಞಾನದಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾರತ ಎಂದಿಗೂ ಮುಂದಿರುತ್ತದೆ. 2022ಕ್ಕೆ ದೇಶಕ್ಕೆ ಸ್ವಾತಂತ್ರ್ಯ ಬಂದು 75 ವರ್ಷಗಳು ಪೂರ್ಣಗೊಳ್ಳುತ್ತದೆ. ಸಾಧ್ಯವಾದರೆ ಅದಕ್ಕಿಂತಲೂ ಮೊದಲೇ ಭಾರತ ಪುತ್ರ ಅಥವಾ ಪುತ್ರಿಯನ್ನು ಅಂತರಿಕ್ಷ ಯಾತ್ರೆಗ ಕಳುಹಿಸಲಾಗುತ್ತದೆ ಎಂದು ಮೋದಿ ...READ MORE
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 6th
Maintenance, repair and operations(MRO) industry
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 14th July
Karnataka – Govt Slashes Tax On CCTV Cameras To
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 17th August
MoU to co-regulate misleading advertisements in the AYUSH
Rural Development-Rural Roads InfrastructurePradhana Manthri Gram Sadak Yojana
Karnataka: Vijayapura wins best district hospital award
Trade Facilitation Agreement
“16th ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”