- Indian space agency ISRO is aiming for a world record by putting into orbit 83 satellites two Indian and 81 foreign on a single rocket in early 2017.
- The company’s order book stands at Rs 500 crore while negotiations are on for launch order for another Rs 500 crore.
- During the first quarter of 2017 ISRO plans to launch a single rocket carrying 83 satellites out of which most foreign satellites are nano satellites.
- Antrix Corporation is the commercial arm of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- 83 satellites will be put in a single orbit and hence there will not be any switching off and on of the rocket.
- The major challenge for the proposed mission is to hold the rocket in the same orbit till all the satellites are ejected.
- ISRO will use its Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle XL (PSLV-XL) rocket variant for the record launch (For ISRO,lanching of multiple satellites at one go isnot a new thing, they have done it several times earlier).
- The total payload/weight carried off into space by the PSLV-XL rocket will be around 1,600 kg.
- Also, ISRO is conducting high-altitude tests with its own cryogenic engine that is expected to power the heavier rocket Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle-Mk III (GSLV Mk III).
- The GSLV Mk III has a capacity to carry around four tonnes of load.
- The rocket is scheduled to be flown in January 2017.
- The GSLV Mk III rocket is expected to save precious foreign exchange for India as it pays to launch heavier satellites through foreign space agencies.
- ISRO Chairman AS Kiran Kumar said that the agency is looking forward to developing four-tonne communication satellites that will give the same output as a six-tonner.
Antibiotic resistance simply put is when infection-causing bacteria is not killed by an antibiotic that was effective earlier, the bacteria continue to thrive. Treatment options shrink further when multiple antibiotics fail ...READ MORE
A fire broke out at this lake, considered to be one of the biggest in the city, on 16th Feb evening sending out huge cloud of toxic smoke causing panic ...READ MORE
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah launched a comprehensive web-based platform showcasing the government's performance and achievements to the citizens. Developed as the Chief Minister's dash board, 'Pratibimba,' which means reflection, will serve ...READ MORE
"Nuclear safety, terror to be in focus as PM plans three-nation tour" India's agenda at the fourth Nuclear Security Summit (NSS 2016) in Washington Will push for a global initiative against nuclear ...READ MORE
World’s largest steelmaker ArcelorMittal may set up a solar farm on land allotted to it for a steel plant in Ballari district of Karnataka, in view of excess global steel ...READ MORE
Kawal Tiger Reserve in Andhra Pradesh has become more a safe zone for resurgent Maoists than tigers In the current phase of its resurgence, Maoist activity in the district is confined ...READ MORE
Why In News: The tiger conservation programme of Bhadra National Park has got a shot in the arm with the Central government giving its nod for a Rs 9-crore action ...READ MORE
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) is leading the National Mental Health Survey (NMHS) with support from the Union Health Ministry A team of nearly 60 experts from ...READ MORE
Four-day World Congress on Disaster Management concluded on Sunday with the unanimous adoption of ‘Visakhapatnam Declaration’ calling for a comprehensive action plan for a disaster-resilient society The declaration was drafted after ...READ MORE
Pollution sets a new mark; Bengaluru’s Bellandur lake
Karnataka: CM launches ‘Pratibimba’ website to project achievements
All about nuclear security summit
Karnataka: ArcelorMittal plans solar farm in Ballari
Kawal Tiger Reserve – adobe of maoists
NammaKPSC Classroom: KAS 2016-17 challengers- All About Bhadra
Mental health survey by NIMHANS
MULTI-FEED GASIFICATION TECHNOLOGY