- Indian space agency ISRO is aiming for a world record by putting into orbit 83 satellites two Indian and 81 foreign on a single rocket in early 2017.
- The company’s order book stands at Rs 500 crore while negotiations are on for launch order for another Rs 500 crore.
- During the first quarter of 2017 ISRO plans to launch a single rocket carrying 83 satellites out of which most foreign satellites are nano satellites.
- Antrix Corporation is the commercial arm of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- 83 satellites will be put in a single orbit and hence there will not be any switching off and on of the rocket.
- The major challenge for the proposed mission is to hold the rocket in the same orbit till all the satellites are ejected.
- ISRO will use its Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle XL (PSLV-XL) rocket variant for the record launch (For ISRO,lanching of multiple satellites at one go isnot a new thing, they have done it several times earlier).
- The total payload/weight carried off into space by the PSLV-XL rocket will be around 1,600 kg.
- Also, ISRO is conducting high-altitude tests with its own cryogenic engine that is expected to power the heavier rocket Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle-Mk III (GSLV Mk III).
- The GSLV Mk III has a capacity to carry around four tonnes of load.
- The rocket is scheduled to be flown in January 2017.
- The GSLV Mk III rocket is expected to save precious foreign exchange for India as it pays to launch heavier satellites through foreign space agencies.
- ISRO Chairman AS Kiran Kumar said that the agency is looking forward to developing four-tonne communication satellites that will give the same output as a six-tonner.
Bengaluru Water Supply and Sewerage Board is an autonomous body formed by the State legislature under Bengaluru Water supply and Sewerage Board Act on 10-09-1964 for Water Supply & Sewage ...READ MORE
Weather-based farm advisory system to reach taluks now The country’s flagship programme of the weather forecast-based agricultural advisory system is set to become more focussed by moving to the taluk level ...READ MORE
Almost nine percent of popular apps downloaded from Google Play interact with websites that could compromise users’ security and privacy, according to a new University of California, Riverside study. The team ...READ MORE
The incidents of cross-border firing have shown a sharp decline after the border guarding forces of the two countries decided to “pick up the phone before picking up the gun”, ...READ MORE
The Sundarbans is a natural region comprising southern Bangladesh and a small part in Eastern India. It covers approximately 10,000 square kilometres. It is the largest single block of tidal halophytic mangrove forest ...READ MORE
Introduction - Why Important Steel is the backbone of any modern economy. The level of per capita consumption of steel is often considered an important index of the level of economic ...READ MORE
INSAT-3DR Why in News: In its tenth flight (GSLV-F05) conducted recently, India’s Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle, equipped with the indigenous Cryogenic Upper Stage (CUS), successfully launched the country’s weather satellite INSAT-3DR, ...READ MORE
ದೇಶಕ್ಕೆ ಪ್ರಸ್ತುತವಾಗಿರುವ ಎಂಜಿನಿಯರಿಂಗ್ ಮತ್ತು ತಂತ್ರಜ್ಞಾನ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರಗಳ ಸವಾಲುಗಳನ್ನು ಎದುರಿಸುವ ಸಂಶೋಧನೆಗಳಿಗೆ ಅವಕಾಶ ಮಾಡಿಕೊಡುವ ಮಹತ್ವಾಕಾಂಕ್ಷಿ ಯೋಜನೆ ‘ಇಂಪ್ರಿಂಟ್ ಇಂಡಿಯಾ’ಗೆ ಚಾಲನೆ ‘ಇಂಪ್ರಿಂಟ್’ನ್ನು ಐಐಟಿ ಮತ್ತು ಐಐಎಸ್ಸಿ ಜಂಟಿಯಾಗಿ ನಿರ್ವಹಿಸುತ್ತವೆ. ಸಂಶೋಧನೆಗಳು ಇಂದಿನ ಸಮಾಜಕ್ಕೆ ದೊಡ್ಡ ಪ್ರಮಾಣದಲ್ಲಿ ನೆರವಾಗುವಂತಿರಬೇಕು. ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮದ ಉದ್ದೇಶ: ಸಮಾಜದಲ್ಲಿ ಯಾವ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರದಲ್ಲಿ ಹೊಸತನದ ...READ MORE
The Rajya Sabha cleared the Juvenile Justice (Amendment) Bill, 2015 The bill lowers the age of a legally defined juvenile from 18 to 16 in the case of heinous crimes.. The Bill ...READ MORE
Karnataka Economy: Bengaluru Water Supply and Sewerage Board
Weather-based farm advisory system in Karnataka
Safety concerns of apps
DG-level talks with Pak bears fruit
Steel Sector in India
ಇಂಪ್ರಿಂಟ್ ಇಂಡಿಯಾ’ಗೆ ಚಾಲನೆ
Juvenile Justice (Amendment) Bill, 2015
Accessible India campaign