- Indian space agency ISRO is aiming for a world record by putting into orbit 83 satellites two Indian and 81 foreign on a single rocket in early 2017.
- The company’s order book stands at Rs 500 crore while negotiations are on for launch order for another Rs 500 crore.
- During the first quarter of 2017 ISRO plans to launch a single rocket carrying 83 satellites out of which most foreign satellites are nano satellites.
- Antrix Corporation is the commercial arm of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- 83 satellites will be put in a single orbit and hence there will not be any switching off and on of the rocket.
- The major challenge for the proposed mission is to hold the rocket in the same orbit till all the satellites are ejected.
- ISRO will use its Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle XL (PSLV-XL) rocket variant for the record launch (For ISRO,lanching of multiple satellites at one go isnot a new thing, they have done it several times earlier).
- The total payload/weight carried off into space by the PSLV-XL rocket will be around 1,600 kg.
- Also, ISRO is conducting high-altitude tests with its own cryogenic engine that is expected to power the heavier rocket Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle-Mk III (GSLV Mk III).
- The GSLV Mk III has a capacity to carry around four tonnes of load.
- The rocket is scheduled to be flown in January 2017.
- The GSLV Mk III rocket is expected to save precious foreign exchange for India as it pays to launch heavier satellites through foreign space agencies.
- ISRO Chairman AS Kiran Kumar said that the agency is looking forward to developing four-tonne communication satellites that will give the same output as a six-tonner.
After canteens, state govt launches Indira Clinic After the launch of Indira Canteens in the city, the government has launched the Indira Transit Clinic to cater to the medical needs of ...READ MORE
Expected big news - Budget expected to focus on direct taxes While there are unlikely to be any major changes in indirect tax as most of them are now under the ...READ MORE
The state-run Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) on 2nd March said that it has called off the plan to construct the controversial steel flyover bridge in Bengaluru. The proposed 6.9 km six-lane steel bridge from ...READ MORE
'Startup coast' coming up in Karnataka State-of-the-art innovation centres, modern incubation set-up, tinkering labs and co-working space for startups are coming up in coastal Karnataka. This is the first project of its ...READ MORE
Commission finds 700 fake safai karmacharis in HDMC National Commission for Safai Karmacharis has traced 700 fake safai karmacharis in Hubballi-Dharwad Municipal Corporation (HDMC), according to Commission member Jagadish Hiremani. The names ...READ MORE
The government is striving to introduce five more labour reform legislations in the winter session of Parliament, including the bills to introduce a new wage and industrial relations code and ...READ MORE
Lakhs of state civil services aspirants should be thrilled as the Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) will issue a notification for recruitment to 403 Karnataka Administrative Service (KAS) posts next week ...READ MORE
MP Nalin Kumar Kateel inaugurated MRPL's Kaushal Vikas Kendra (KVK) on 12th Feb. He emphasized the need to light the lamp of prosperity and knowledge in every home and every village, ...READ MORE
The decision to expand the municipal limits of Bengaluru from 225 sq km to about 800 sq km by incorporating 110 villages, seven City Municipal Councils (CMC) and one Town ...READ MORE
India International Coffee Festival to be held from January 16 After a gap of four years, Bengaluru will host the seventh edition of India International Coffee Festival (IICF) in January 2018. This ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 3rd
Get ready for the Budget 2018
Finally Karnataka government scraps Bengaluru steel flyover project
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 27th
Labour reform bills to be introduced
KAS 2017 Notification to be out next week
MRPL’s Kaushal Vikas Kendra to train 60 youth
To Expand the municipal limits of Bengaluru
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 22nd