- Indian space agency ISRO is aiming for a world record by putting into orbit 83 satellites two Indian and 81 foreign on a single rocket in early 2017.
- The company’s order book stands at Rs 500 crore while negotiations are on for launch order for another Rs 500 crore.
- During the first quarter of 2017 ISRO plans to launch a single rocket carrying 83 satellites out of which most foreign satellites are nano satellites.
- Antrix Corporation is the commercial arm of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- 83 satellites will be put in a single orbit and hence there will not be any switching off and on of the rocket.
- The major challenge for the proposed mission is to hold the rocket in the same orbit till all the satellites are ejected.
- ISRO will use its Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle XL (PSLV-XL) rocket variant for the record launch (For ISRO,lanching of multiple satellites at one go isnot a new thing, they have done it several times earlier).
- The total payload/weight carried off into space by the PSLV-XL rocket will be around 1,600 kg.
- Also, ISRO is conducting high-altitude tests with its own cryogenic engine that is expected to power the heavier rocket Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle-Mk III (GSLV Mk III).
- The GSLV Mk III has a capacity to carry around four tonnes of load.
- The rocket is scheduled to be flown in January 2017.
- The GSLV Mk III rocket is expected to save precious foreign exchange for India as it pays to launch heavier satellites through foreign space agencies.
- ISRO Chairman AS Kiran Kumar said that the agency is looking forward to developing four-tonne communication satellites that will give the same output as a six-tonner.
The Agriculture Ministry has extended by a month the deadline for States to utilise funds under the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY) for implementation of micro irrigation projects. About Rs. ...READ MORE
For the first time, Long Range Surface to Air Missile (LRSAM), jointly designed and developed by IAI, Israel and DRDO, has been successfully flight tested from an Israeli Naval Platform. ...READ MORE
In an attempt to overcome severe power shortage faced by the state and to save power, Chief minister launched an ambitious programme of the Energy department called 'Hosa Belaku - ...READ MORE
Programmes to control Non communicable diseases National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke (NPCDCS)- which is implemented for interventions up to District level under the National Health ...READ MORE
Karnataka govt aims to generate by 2018-end around 2700 MW from the Pavagada solar park, in a region that has seen 54 droughts in the last 60 years Pavagada Pavagada less than ...READ MORE
Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Tuesday publicly spiked a proposal of the food and civil supplies department to provide cash coupons to BPL ration cardholders instead of food grains. Speaking after launching ...READ MORE
By the end of the year, India expects to freeze the design for the largest battleship ever built for the Indian Navy. It will also be one of the largest carriers ...READ MORE
Municipal Reforms Cell –DMA • An exclusive cell dedicated for municipal reforms. • Managed by Senior KAS and KMAS Officers and Professionals hired directly from the market. • The cell has in house Data Center with centralized ...READ MORE
About World Radio Day World Radio Day is observed on February 13 to celebrate radio as a medium to promote and access information. After originally proposed by the Kingdom of Spain, UNESCO ...READ MORE
States get more time to spend funds under
LRSAM Successfully Flight-Tested
Non communicable diseases
The world’s largest solar park is shaping up
Karnataka: Govt to provide cash coupons instead of
Design for second domestic aircraft carrier to be
Urban Development – Municipal Reforms Cell –DMA &
World Radio Day 2017 – ‘Radio is You’!
Anxiety is related to social status