Vertical garden for metro pillars on Green Line
- The Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation (BMRCL) is doing its bit to promote Bengaluru as the garden city.
- Pillars on the line between Sampige Road and Peenya Industry, and from National College to R.V. Road metro station on the Green Line will have vertical gardens.
- There are 549 pillars on the route, of which 96 will have vertical gardens.
- The BMRCL is contemplating roping in art institutions to set up installation in the median below the metro stations.
- It is implementing the project through licencees who will receive a contract to put an advertisement panel on the pillar. Bidders will have six months to grow the garden.
- Vertical garden is one of the hottest trends on piers.
- They can disguise the concrete structure and make it attractive. Though, vertical gardens seem like a simple solution, professional help is required to sustain it over a period of time.
- Hence, the licencee is obliged to engage the services of professionals to develop and maintain the vertical garden
- The licencee can also seek sponsors under corporate social responsibility funds.
- The BMRCL had introduced vertical gardens on piers at the Rangoli Metro Art Centre on M.G. Road.
Two reports released on Thursday, one at the global level and the other India-specific, say the country is on track to meet only two (under-five overweight and exclusive breastfeeding rates) ...READ MORE
ಯುನಿಫೈಡ್ ಪೇಮೆಂಟ್ಸ್ ಇಂಟರ್ಫೇಸ್ (ಯುಪಿಐ ) ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಬೇರೆ ಬೇರೆ ಯುನಿಫೈಡ್ ಪೇಮೆಂಟ್ಸ್ ಇಂಟರ್ಫೇಸ್ (ಯುಪಿಐ) ಐಡಿಯನ್ನು ಬಳಸಿಕೊಂಡು ತಮ್ಮದೆ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್ ಖಾತೆಗಳಿಗೆ ಹಣ ವರ್ಗಾವಣೆ ಮಾಡುವುದಕ್ಕೆ ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 1ರಿಂದ ತಡೆ ಬೀಳಲಿದೆ. ವರ್ಗಾವಣೆಯಾದ ತಕ್ಷಣದಲ್ಲೆ ಹಣ ಪಡೆಯುವ ವ್ಯವಸ್ಥೆಯಾದ ಯುಪಿಐ ಐಡಿ ದುರ್ಬಳಕೆ ತಡೆಯಲು ...READ MORE
The massive campaign for Kallikattu in Tamil Nadu and a similar campaign building up for kambala in Karnataka seem to have opened a Pandora’s box. Now, there is demand from people ...READ MORE
Maternity leave: govt. for incentive scheme Topic: Social Issues IN NEWS: In a bid to encourage employers, especially in the private sector, to implement the extended 26-week maternity leave law, the Labour ...READ MORE
LNG terminal and pipeline projects at Anjar Topic: GS -3 Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc. IN NEWS: The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the Mundra LNG terminal, the Anjar-Mundra ...READ MORE
Belagavi administration to encourage use of mud idols The district administration will initiate strict measures to discourage the use of Ganesh idols made from Plaster of Paris. Instead, it will encourage ...READ MORE
Why in News: The Centre’s flagship scheme to distribute free liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) connections to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) families, has received a lacklustre response in the state. In the ...READ MORE
Ankasamudra reserve becomes a birds’ paradise The purpose of notifying an old tank at Ankasamudra village of Hagari Bommanahalli taluk in Ballari district, as a bird conservation reserve by the government, ...READ MORE
Plea to Centre to stop state from reducing deemed forest area The former chairman of the Western Ghats Task Force, Anant Hegde Ashisara, sought the intervention of the Central government in ...READ MORE
ಶಬರಿಮಲೆ ದೇಗುಲ ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಸಂಪ್ರದಾಯದ ಹೆಸರಿನಲ್ಲಿ 10-50 ವರ್ಷದವರೆಗಿನ ಮಹಿಳೆಯರಿಗೆ ಶಬರಿಮಲೆಗೆ ಪ್ರವೇಶ ನಿಷೇಧ ಪ್ರಶ್ನಿಸಿ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿದ್ದ ಅರ್ಜಿಗಳ ಸುದೀರ್ಘ ವಿಚಾರಣೆ ನಡೆಸಿದ ಸುಪ್ರೀಂಕೋರ್ಟ್ ಪೀಠ, ಮಹಿಳೆಯರಿಗೆ ಏಕೆ ತಾರತಮ್ಯ ತೋರಿಸಬೇಕು ಎಂದು ಪ್ರಶ್ನಿಸಿದೆ. ಪ್ರತಿ ಮನುಷ್ಯನಿಗೂ ಆತನ ಆತ್ಮಸಾಕ್ಷಿಯಂತೆ ನಡೆದುಕೊಳ್ಳುವ, ಅವರ ಹಕ್ಕನ್ನು ದೃಢೀಕರಿಸುವ, ...READ MORE
State of nutrition in the country
24th ಜುಲೈ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
After Jallikattu & Kambala, next demand for lifting
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 17th November
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 1st
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 21st August
Not many takers in state for free LPG connections
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 28th August
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 14th
19th ಜುಲೈ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ