NAAC revises accreditation process
- The National Assessment and Accreditation Council, the autonomous body which accredits higher education institutions (HEIs) in India, has come out with a revised accreditation framework designed to promote transparency in the assessment process.
- The idea is to make the process more rigorous, transparent and efficient
- According to a release, instead of the earlier process which was completely done on-site by a group of assessors, there will now be two stages of assessment, of which 70% will be done off-site at NAAC.
- Institutions keen to be assessed should submit an Institutional Information for Quality Assessment (IIQA) and Self Study Report (SSR) to NAAC.
- The data submitted will then be validated. Punitive measures have been put in place for colleges submitting incorrect data.
- After this assessment, 30% of ranking is based on on-site grading by NAAC officials. This will make the process more objective as it reduces the human element, the official added.
- The initial assessment will be based on various components, such as number of faculty, number of research journals in the library, and number of international publications produced by the institute.
- A national level consultation in this regard was held on April 25 in New Delhi and the draft process tested at select institutes across the country, said NAAC officials.
KDA: Hold competitive exams in regional languages
- The Kannada Development Authority (KDA), which was in the news recently for protesting against “imposition” of Hindi in Namma Metro signage, on 5th August, urged the Centre to conduct competitive examinations in all official languages of States.
- Taking exception to the absence of question papers in indigenous languages mentioned in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution, KDA Chairman S.G. Siddaramaiah said this has proved detrimental to the interests of people of various States and regions.
- He said that “the very fabric of federalism needs to be better appreciated in this selection as well as in any Central government recruitment process.”
- Prof. Siddaramaiah made a special mention about banking services, as the new rules notified by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is detrimental to thousands of youngsters. “Before this sensitive issue assumes vehement proportions, the Centre has to take appropriate measures to roll back the unscientific policy in IBPS,” he said.
Letter to Centre
- In a letter to Union Ministers for Finance and Human Resources Development, Arun Jaitley and Prakash Javadekar, respectively, besides to Union Minister of State Jitendra Singh, he demanded that besides Central civil service examinations, all competitive examinations of national level, especially banking services, must be held in official languages of States.
- Pointing to the performance of Kannadigas in the civil service examinations of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Mr. Siddaramaiah said that KDA honoured 59 Kannadigas for their exemplary performance in the recent examination.
- The statistics of these successful candidates revealed some interesting facts. Of the 59 candidates, 16 are from farming background, and parents of 14 candidates are either engaged in business or working in private establishments.
- As many as 16 candidates had finished their secondary schooling in rural areas.
- In the recruitment to any job of Central, semi-government and public sectors, candidates should be allowed to choose question papers and answer in languages identified in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution, he said.
- He also suggested that the use of English should be restricted to compulsory English paper in order to avoid unwarranted English supremacy.
PM inaugurates first Assembly of the International Solar Alliance Topic: GS-2 Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India's interests IN NEWS: The Prime Minister, Shri ...READ MORE
ತ್ರಿಪುರಾ ರಾಜ್ಯದ ಹಣ್ಣು ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? 'ರಾಣಿ' ತಳಿಯ ಅನಾನಸ್ ತ್ರಿಪುರ ರಾಜ್ಯದ ಹಣ್ಣು ಎಂದು ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರಪತಿ ರಾಮನಾಥ ಕೋವಿಂದ್ ಅವರು ಘೋಷಿಸಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ರಾಣಿ ತಳಿಯ ಅನಾನಸ್ ತ್ರಿಪುರಾ ರಾಜ್ಯದ ಹಣ್ಣು. ರಾಜ್ಯವನ್ನು ವಿಶ್ವ ವ್ಯಾಪಾರದೊಂದಿಗೆ ಸಂಪರ್ಕಿಸುವ ಮೂಲಕ ಅದರ ರಫ್ತು ಪ್ರಮುಖ ಭಾಗವಾಗಲಿದೆ ವಿಶ್ವ ...READ MORE
The Rajya Sabha passed the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015, The bill seeks to make the resolution of cheque bounce cases a speedier and less inconvenient affair. It introduces an amendment that ...READ MORE
Second visit of PM Narendra Modi to USA commenced on 24 September 2015 after his stopover visit to Ireland. The primary agenda: To garner support for ‘Make in India’ ‘Skill India’ and ...READ MORE
Govt. shelves plan to involve private developers in housing project The State government, which plans to construct one lakh houses for the poor in Bengaluru, has decided to drop the revenue-sharing ...READ MORE
ಗುಡುಗು ,ಸಿಡಿಲು ಸೂಚಿಸುವ ಆ್ಯಪ್ ನೀವು ನಿಂತಿರುವ ಸ್ಥಳದಲ್ಲಿ ಮಿಂಚು ಹಾಗೂ ಚಂಡಮಾರುತ ಬರಲಿದೆಯೇ ಎಂಬುದನ್ನು ತಿಳಿಯಲು ಹವಾಮಾನ ತಜ್ಞರನ್ನೇ ಸಂಪರ್ಕಿಸಬೇಕಾದ ಅಗತ್ಯವಿಲ್ಲ. ಏಕೆಂದರೆ ಇರುವ ಜಾಗದಲ್ಲೇ ಇವರೆಡೂ ಮುನ್ಸೂಚನೆಗಳನ್ನು ಮೊಬೈಲ್ನಲ್ಲಿ ಪಡೆಯಬಹುದು. ರಾಜ್ಯ ನೈಸರ್ಗಿಕ ವಿಕೋಪ ಉಸ್ತುವಾರಿ ಕೇಂದ್ರವು ಬಿಡುಗಡೆಗೊಳಿಸಿರುವ 'ಸಿಡಿಲು' ಮೊಬೈಲ್ ...READ MORE
ತೈಲ ಸ್ವಾವಲಂಬನೆ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಭಾರತ ಅಳೆದೂ ತೂಗಿ ಭೂಗತ ತೈಲ ಸಂಗ್ರಹಾಗಾರ ನಿರ್ವಿುಸಲು ಮುಂದಾಗಿದೆ. ಯುದ್ಧವಿರಬಹುದು, ಅಥವಾ ತೈಲ ಬಿಕ್ಕಟ್ಟಿನಂತಹ ಇತರ ಸಂದರ್ಭ ಬಂದಾಗ ನೆರವಿಗೆ ಬರುವ ಭೂಗತ ಕೇವರ್ನ್ಗಳನ್ನು ದೇಶದ ಮೂರು ಕಡೆ ಪ್ರಸ್ತುತ ನಿರ್ವಿುಸಲಾಗಿದೆ ಅದರಲ್ಲಿ ಎರಡು ಇರುವುದು ಕರ್ನಾಟಕದಲ್ಲಿ. ಇನ್ನೊಂದು ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government’s move to take up the much-needed upgrade of the award-winning Bhoomi software has come to a grinding halt. The government and the contractor – Accenture Services Pvt Ltd ...READ MORE
Sudhir Saraf elected as new mayor for Hubballi Sudhir Saraf and Menaka Hurali of the BJP have been elected the mayor and deputy mayor of Hubballi-Dharwad City Corporation. In the elections held ...READ MORE
India to host G20 summit in 2022 Topic: International Relations IN NEWS: For the first time, India will host the annual G20 summit in 2022, when the country celebrates its 75th anniversary ...READ MORE
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 3rd October
“9th ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015
PM Narendra Modi Visit to US
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 11th
“13th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
“4th ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Bhoomi software upgrade project stuck over cost escalation
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 3rd
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 3rd December