Bengaluru gets most applications from specialists
- Bengaluru Urban district has received the highest number of applications for appointment of specialist doctors across the State.
- Chamarajanagar district, among the most backward in the State, received just 12 applications whereas the total number of vacancies is 22.
- Against a vacancy of 1,212, the government received 2,520 applications. Bengaluru Urban district got 387 applications for 11 posts followed by Kalaburagi with 226 applications for 112 posts.
- The post of anaesthetist seems to be most in demand with 461 applicants followed by 369 applications for the post of general surgeon and and 300 for paediatricians. Radiology received the least number of applications (33).
- Lowest quoted emolument is Rs. 60,000 per month for specialist (general surgery) and the highest is Rs. 5 lakh for orthopaedic, general physician, ophthalmology and OBG.
- By 8th July, the respective district commissioners, who head the contract appointment committees, will finalise performance-linked memorandums of understanding with those with the lowest quote
Research undertaken by has revealed that feral fish are causing the decline of presence of other species of Major Indian Carps, Minor Indian Carps and Catfish in river Krishna damaging ...READ MORE
Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Thursday urged Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to grant Rs 500 crore for organising the Mahamasthakabhisheka at Shravanabelagola in Hassan district in February next year. The state ...READ MORE
State to get 9 more viral load testing centres Karnataka is all set to get nine more viral load testing centres which will help reduce hassles and ensure timely detection of ...READ MORE
There has been a rise in availability of sandalwood on private properties across Mysuru division, with more landowners coming forward to ‘declare’ and ‘sell’ the prized trees. This is the result ...READ MORE
Initiatives Taken Up Solid Waste Management: Municipal Solid Waste Management is one of the basic functions of the Municipalities. Rapid urbanization, heterogeneous nature of waste, lack of awareness among the public and various other stake ...READ MORE
In a development that gives a big boost to the aviation industry in Karnataka, aerospace major Boeing is holding talks with the state government on setting up a new aircraft ...READ MORE
Preparation of Master Plans for the orderly development of Cities, Towns and Villages in the State and providing technical assistance to Urban Development Authorities, Planning Authorities and Local Bodies in the ...READ MORE
Deposit Contribution Works Karnataka Housing Board has undertaken deposit contribution works as per entrustment by the Government. Up to October 2015 the details of works taken and progress is as follows - 475 building projects ...READ MORE
Brazil says the number of babies born with microcephaly or abnormally small heads since October has now reached nearly 4,000. The authorities there believe the increase is caused by an outbreak ...READ MORE
Biodiversity of fish threatened in krishna
CM seeks Rs 500 crore from Centre for
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka: Landowners declare their sandalwood trees
State Issues – Solid Waste Management
Karnataka: Boeing in talks with govt to set
Urban Development-Town and Country Planning
Urban Development – Housing Schemes
Brazil Zika outbreak
Schengen area – All you need to know