Bengaluru gets most applications from specialists
- Bengaluru Urban district has received the highest number of applications for appointment of specialist doctors across the State.
- Chamarajanagar district, among the most backward in the State, received just 12 applications whereas the total number of vacancies is 22.
- Against a vacancy of 1,212, the government received 2,520 applications. Bengaluru Urban district got 387 applications for 11 posts followed by Kalaburagi with 226 applications for 112 posts.
- The post of anaesthetist seems to be most in demand with 461 applicants followed by 369 applications for the post of general surgeon and and 300 for paediatricians. Radiology received the least number of applications (33).
- Lowest quoted emolument is Rs. 60,000 per month for specialist (general surgery) and the highest is Rs. 5 lakh for orthopaedic, general physician, ophthalmology and OBG.
- By 8th July, the respective district commissioners, who head the contract appointment committees, will finalise performance-linked memorandums of understanding with those with the lowest quote
Bengaluru Water Supply and Sewerage Board is an autonomous body formed by the State legislature under Bengaluru Water supply and Sewerage Board Act on 10-09-1964 for Water Supply & Sewage ...READ MORE
Renovated airport at Sambra inaugurated Chief Minister Siddarmaiah inaugurated the renovated airport at Sambra in Belagavi on 14th September. The airport, which now occupies 730 acres, was upgraded at a cost Rs. ...READ MORE
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) is leading the National Mental Health Survey (NMHS) with support from the Union Health Ministry A team of nearly 60 experts from ...READ MORE
The Revised Master Plan (RMP) 2031 the new Plan talks about more Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) and mandating apartment owners to treat their waste water themselves, they ask: Why did ...READ MORE
Introduction Wind power is the conversion of wind energy into a useful form of energy Wind Energy is generated by harnessing the kinetic energy of atmospheric air Wind turbines work by transforming the ...READ MORE
After a dismal 2015 of mass refugee flows, war and catastrophe, leading U.N. agencies and their partners announced that they are seeking over $20 billion in funding next year — ...READ MORE
Suvarna Gramodaya Yojane has been ventured to develop vibrant village communities by adopting an intensive and integrated approach to rural development. The programme was launched on the occasion of Golden Jubilee ...READ MORE
The process of getting fish-catch data related to inland fisheries is expected to get revolutionised with the development of a mobile-based application.The app, which has been developed by the Central ...READ MORE
India International Coffee Festival to be held from January 16 After a gap of four years, Bengaluru will host the seventh edition of India International Coffee Festival (IICF) in January 2018. This ...READ MORE
Karnataka Economy: Bengaluru Water Supply and Sewerage Board
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 15th
Mental health survey by NIMHANS
Karnataka: Bengaluru unable to treat waste water?
KPSC Mains Paper
UN agencies appeal for humanitarian funding
Rural Development-Suvarna Gramodaya Yojane-KAS/KPSC 2016
Fishery Friends- Karnataka
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 22nd