Bengaluru gets most applications from specialists
- Bengaluru Urban district has received the highest number of applications for appointment of specialist doctors across the State.
- Chamarajanagar district, among the most backward in the State, received just 12 applications whereas the total number of vacancies is 22.
- Against a vacancy of 1,212, the government received 2,520 applications. Bengaluru Urban district got 387 applications for 11 posts followed by Kalaburagi with 226 applications for 112 posts.
- The post of anaesthetist seems to be most in demand with 461 applicants followed by 369 applications for the post of general surgeon and and 300 for paediatricians. Radiology received the least number of applications (33).
- Lowest quoted emolument is Rs. 60,000 per month for specialist (general surgery) and the highest is Rs. 5 lakh for orthopaedic, general physician, ophthalmology and OBG.
- By 8th July, the respective district commissioners, who head the contract appointment committees, will finalise performance-linked memorandums of understanding with those with the lowest quote
UPSC and KPSC exams are becoming very challenging these days. It needs lots of hard work from the aspirants. Along with hard work it is necessary that aspirants are guided ...READ MORE
Community health officers to help mitigate problem of doctors shortage Mysuru Medical College and Research Institute (MMCRI) is one among the two medical institutions in the State selected by the Ministry ...READ MORE
As the froth in Bellandur and Varthur lakes evoke shock and disgust from citizens, an 18-member expert committee formed to chalk out a solution had noticed that there were “too ...READ MORE
The Cabinet approved Rs. 2,000 crore for the rehabilitation of Kashmiris who moved to different parts of India in the early 1990s and began to be recognised as migrants. It will ...READ MORE
In a departure from protocol, Prime Minister Narendra Modi received Abu Dhabi’s Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan at the airport as he arrived in New Delhi for ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government has entered into an agreement with French multinational software company Dassault Systems to impart both short and long-term courses in aerospace and defence sectors using 3D design ...READ MORE
Municipalities are empowered to levy taxes on i) buildings or lands or both (property tax), ii) advertisements, iii) toll on vehicles other than those taxed under Karnataka Motor Vehicles Taxation ...READ MORE
Ministry aims to have a new auction policy for hydrocarbon blocks ready by the end of the current financial year. Marginal field policy In the recently announced marginal field policy, the government ...READ MORE
Union Minister of State for Drinking Water and Sanitation Ramesh Jigajinagi on 3rd March expressed unhappiness over the Karnataka government for tardy progress in execution of rural drinking water programme despite ...READ MORE
The Mysuru Division of South Western Railways has initiated additional precautionary measures to beef up rail safety following the recent train accident near Kanpur that claimed nearly 150 lives. This includes ...READ MORE
Best IAS and KAS classes in bangalore for
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Bellandur Lake: British firm offers to revive the
Economic package for Kashmiri migrants’ rehabilitation
India-UAE ties: A roadmap for deeper cooperation
Karnataka: B’luru to get Centre of Excellence in
Karnataka Economy – Tax Revenue & Funding Capital
New auction policy for natural gas
Centre irked by slow progress of rural drinking
Karnataka: Mysuru Railway Division Intensifies Track Patrolling