Bengaluru gets most applications from specialists
- Bengaluru Urban district has received the highest number of applications for appointment of specialist doctors across the State.
- Chamarajanagar district, among the most backward in the State, received just 12 applications whereas the total number of vacancies is 22.
- Against a vacancy of 1,212, the government received 2,520 applications. Bengaluru Urban district got 387 applications for 11 posts followed by Kalaburagi with 226 applications for 112 posts.
- The post of anaesthetist seems to be most in demand with 461 applicants followed by 369 applications for the post of general surgeon and and 300 for paediatricians. Radiology received the least number of applications (33).
- Lowest quoted emolument is Rs. 60,000 per month for specialist (general surgery) and the highest is Rs. 5 lakh for orthopaedic, general physician, ophthalmology and OBG.
- By 8th July, the respective district commissioners, who head the contract appointment committees, will finalise performance-linked memorandums of understanding with those with the lowest quote
For the first time in its history, the India Meteorological Department — best known for its monsoon forecasts — will issue a summer forecast for April, May and June Those involved ...READ MORE
The year 2016 marks an end of the era of Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), which drove the global development agenda since the new millennium. The MDGs have paved the way for ...READ MORE
ಭೂಮಿಯ ಮೇಲ್ಮೈ ಮೇಲೆ ಬೀಳುವ ಸೌರಶಕ್ತಿಯು ಪ್ರಾಥಮಿಕವಾಗಿ ಭೌಗೋಳಿಕ ನೆಲೆ, ಭೂಮಿ-ಸೂರ್ಯನ ಚಲನೆ, ಭೂಮಿಯ ಪರಿಭ್ರಮಣ ರೇಖೆಯ ಓರೆ ಮತ್ತು ತೇಲುವ ಕಣಗಳಿಂದಾಗಿ ವಾತಾವರಣವು ಸೌರಶಕ್ತಿಯನ್ನು ಕುಂದಿಸುವ ಕ್ರಿಯೆ (Attenuation) ಮುಂತಾದ ಅಂಶಗಳನ್ನು ಅವಲಂಬಿಸಿರುತ್ತದೆ ಒಂದು ಪ್ರದೇಶದ ಸೌರ ಸಂಪನ್ಮೂಲ ಸಾಮರ್ಥ್ಯ ಅಥವಾ ...READ MORE
Weather-based farm advisory system to reach taluks now The country’s flagship programme of the weather forecast-based agricultural advisory system is set to become more focussed by moving to the taluk level ...READ MORE
1)Consider the following on “Zika” Virus a) it is a tick-borne disease b) it is a contagious disease c) it causes headache, muscle and joint pain along with neurological and foetaldeformation known as Microcephaly d) ...READ MORE
The amendment to the Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) notification 2011 permitting the use of reclaimed land for construction of roads in notified areas has triggered a wave of concern among ...READ MORE
The officials of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Tuesday met the state government officials and urged them to speed up the process of making farmers register on M-Kisan portal. Union ...READ MORE
Indira Awas Yojana This Centrally Sponsored Scheme was introduced during 1989-90 for rural homeless people who are below the poverty line. 60% of the target is earmarked for SCs/STs, 15% for minorities and ...READ MORE
Elephant census: Focus on numbers, sex ratio The four-day exercise to enumerate elephants, which concluded on 19th May, will not just throw up estimates on the elephant population, but will also ...READ MORE
In a first, IMD to bring out summer
SDG 3: big agenda, big opportunities for India
ಸೌರ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಯ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ನೋಟ
Weather-based farm advisory system in Karnataka
CURRENT AFFAIRS QUESTION 3-02-2016
Amendment to CRZ 2011
IMD urges govt to encourage farmers to register
Rural Development – Housing – Indira Awas Yojana
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka: Tipu’s armoury shifting starts smooth