4 projects get STAMP of approval
- Four entrepreneurs who pitched solutions to improve the first- and last-mile connectivity to Namma Metro stations in Bengaluru will soon get a chance to execute their ideas.
- The Station Access and Mobility Program (STAMP) challenge, which was rolled out over a period of one year in four stages, concluded on 8th July with ‘Pitch Day’ in which 13 projects out of around 80 entries were reviewed by a jury comprising mobility and urban transport experts.
- The four startups will be awarded research grants to execute pilot projects at select stations.
- The total grant of Rs. 40 lakh will be shared among the four winners.
- The fifth winner, CiFoS (Citizens for Sustainability), has been selected as an enabler, and will help the other grant awardees with their pilot projects.
- At present, over 3 lakh commuters use the Namma Metro network every day.
- The projects will be supported by the World Resources Institute (WRI), Toyota Mobility Foundation (TMF), the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL), the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC), Bangalore Political Action Committee (B.PAC), IIM-Ahmedabad and Urban Venture labs.
Ballari to host State badminton event
IRNSS is an independent regional navigation satellite system being developed by India. It is designed to provide accurate position information service to users in India as well as the region ...READ MORE
ಮಳೆಯಾಶ್ರಿತ ಪ್ರದೇಶದ ರೈತರ ಜೀವನೋಪಾಯ ಉತ್ತಮಪಡಿಸಲು 'ಕೃಷಿ ಭಾಗ್ಯ' ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು ಜಾರಿಗೆ ತಂದಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ಸ್ವಾಭಾವಿಕ ಸಂಪನ್ಮೂಲ ಮಣ್ಣು ಮತ್ತು ನೀರಿನ ಸಂರಕ್ಷಣೆಯೊಂದಿಗೆ ಕೃಷಿ ಉತ್ಪಾದಕತೆ ಮತ್ತು ರೈತರು ಹಾಗೂ ಕೃಷಿ ಕಾರ್ಮಿಕರ ಆದಾಯ ಮಟ್ಟ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿಸುವುದು ಕೃಷಿ ಭಾಗ್ಯ ಯೋಜನೆಯ ಪ್ರಮುಖ ಉದ್ದೇಶವಾಗಿದೆ. ಮೊದಲ ...READ MORE
Self Employment Programme The Government of India, Ministry of Rural Development has restructured SGSY as “Aajeevika”- National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) and being implemented from 2010-2011. The State Government is implementing this ...READ MORE
Britain grants first licence for genetic modification of embryos Britain granted its first licence for the genetic modification of human embryos as part of research into infertility and why miscarriages happen, ...READ MORE
Revenue surplus is Rs. 8,751 cr. in the first six months of financial year 2016-17 Karnataka has a comfortable cash position and there is no need to avail loans from the ...READ MORE
Kharif sowing picking up in Ballari Following good rainfall, sowing, particularly in the rain-fed areas of Ballari district, is picking up. As on 18th June, the sowing percentage during the current ...READ MORE
The Indian Railways will join hands with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to get online satellite imagery for improving safety and enhancing efficiency. a massive exercise of GIS [Geographical Information ...READ MORE
What is Great Canara Trail A section of the trail a 108 km route from Ulavi to Castlerock, falling within the ambit of Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve is being readied, with the ...READ MORE
Plea to Centre to stop state from reducing deemed forest area The former chairman of the Western Ghats Task Force, Anant Hegde Ashisara, sought the intervention of the Central government in ...READ MORE
The state Cabinet on 22nd Feb decided to increase the ratio in shortlisting the number of candidates for personality test for gazetted probationers’ examination conducted by the Karnataka Public Service ...READ MORE
Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System
Rural Development-Self Employment Programme
Britain grants first licence for genetic modification of
Karnataka: Mid-Year Review Shows State Cash Happy
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 19th
ISRO to help put railway safety back on
Everything you need to know about – “Great
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 14th
Karnataka: KAS personality test ratio goes up, 1:5