4 projects get STAMP of approval
- Four entrepreneurs who pitched solutions to improve the first- and last-mile connectivity to Namma Metro stations in Bengaluru will soon get a chance to execute their ideas.
- The Station Access and Mobility Program (STAMP) challenge, which was rolled out over a period of one year in four stages, concluded on 8th July with ‘Pitch Day’ in which 13 projects out of around 80 entries were reviewed by a jury comprising mobility and urban transport experts.
- The four startups will be awarded research grants to execute pilot projects at select stations.
- The total grant of Rs. 40 lakh will be shared among the four winners.
- The fifth winner, CiFoS (Citizens for Sustainability), has been selected as an enabler, and will help the other grant awardees with their pilot projects.
- At present, over 3 lakh commuters use the Namma Metro network every day.
- The projects will be supported by the World Resources Institute (WRI), Toyota Mobility Foundation (TMF), the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL), the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC), Bangalore Political Action Committee (B.PAC), IIM-Ahmedabad and Urban Venture labs.
Ballari to host State badminton event
In an attempt to overcome severe power shortage faced by the state and to save power, Chief minister launched an ambitious programme of the Energy department called 'Hosa Belaku - ...READ MORE
The AVGC sector is represented by companies, joint ventures, focus groups, consultants and creative professionals. They are engaged in the business of conception, production, post-production, media and intellectual property rights management, publishing and marketing ...READ MORE
TransFats : Trans fats, also called partially hydrogenated oils, are created when hydrogen is added to vegetable oil to make it more solid. They do help give a more solid texture ...READ MORE
The Supreme Court expressed alarm at the apparent lack of concern shown by the government’s delay in filing a response to a PIL petition against the practice of dedicating girls ...READ MORE
Internet of Things India Congress Why in News: The first edition of ‘IoT India Congress, 2016’ was in Bengaluru. The congress aims to bring together key stakeholders across the value chain and verticals to ...READ MORE
Initiatives Taken Up Solid Waste Management: Municipal Solid Waste Management is one of the basic functions of the Municipalities. Rapid urbanization, heterogeneous nature of waste, lack of awareness among the public and various other stake ...READ MORE
What is congenital hypothyroidism? Congenital hypothyroidism (CHT) is a condition resulting from an absent or under-developed thyroid gland (dysgenesis) or one that has developed but cannot make thyroid hormone because of ...READ MORE
In a significant victory, a young Indian lawyer won a hotly-contested election in the UN General Assembly for membership to the world body’s top body of legal experts, garnering the ...READ MORE
Food production in Karnataka is set to fall short of the stated target by a whopping 35% in the current financial year on account of successive years of drought. The state ...READ MORE
Animation industry – Karnataka
Food And Health
Devadasis practice in Karnataka
Internet of things
State Issues – Solid Waste Management
Karnataka: Doctors want govt to mandate hypothyroidism test
Indian Lawyer Aniruddha Rajput Elected To UN’s International
Karnataka : Food production set to fall 35%
States get more time to spend funds under