HAL signs MoU with BBMP to facilitate signal-free corridor
- Setting the ball rolling for the proposed signal-free corridor from Vellara Junction to Hope Farm Junction, the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on Monday for facilitating the right of use of land for the corridor.
- HAL has handed over 3,100 sq.m. to the BBMP for the 17.5-km signal-free corridor.
- The MoU was signed by Shekhar Shrivastava, Chief Executive Officer (Bangalore complex), HAL, and BBMP Commissioner N. Manjunatha Prasad. T. Suvarna Raju, CMD, HAL
- The signal-free corridor, estimated to cost Rs. 109.5 crore, is being constructed with funds from the Nagarothana scheme.
- HAL has not sought any compensation for handing over the land and has instead asked the civic body to develop 1.7 km of Wind Tunnel Road (between Old Airport Road and Bellandur).
- Three underpasses will be coming up on this signal-free corridor at Suranjan Das Road junction, Wind Tunnel junction and Kundalahalli junction.
- While ISRO and NAL had already handed over the required land for the proposed underpass at Wind Tunnel junction, the BBMP has almost completed the land acquisition process at Kundalahalli junction.
- The pre-cast elements for all the three underpasses are ready. “It will take around five months for the underpasses to be completed,” a source claimed and stated that the city police had accorded permission to take up the work after diversion of traffic.
- Decongestion of traffic on Old Airport Road was the need of the hour and HAL was contributing in terms of giving the required land for the benefit of both HAL and the general public.
In a first for State, support price for mango announced
- In a first, the State government on Monday announced support price of Rs. 2,500 per tonne to help mango growers for the steep fall in prices.
- Since neighbouring Andhra Pradesh, has banned inter-State movement, farmers are in distress
- Attempts to speak to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu had failed since he was travelling abroad.
- Mr. Kumaraswamy also said he had spoken to a private entity in Maharashtra, but they expressed inability to take fresh mangoes for processing since they already had stocks to sell.
- Agriculture Minister N.H. Shivashankara Reddy said the support price of Rs. 2.5 per kg is expected to cost the State between Rs. 15 crore to Rs. 20 crore.
NEKRTC bags bus safety award
- North-Eastern Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (NEKRTC) bagged the National-level India Bus Safety Award-2018 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia,
- NEKRTC Managing Director Hephsiba Rani Korlapati received the prestigious award from Uzaidi Udanis, president of the Malaysian Inbound Tourism Association (MITA).
- Various road transport corporations were in the race for the award.
- In 2017-18, NEKRTC won the national-level award for initiating safety measures and accident-free travel.
"Nuclear safety, terror to be in focus as PM plans three-nation tour" India's agenda at the fourth Nuclear Security Summit (NSS 2016) in Washington Will push for a global initiative against nuclear ...READ MORE
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras and its peripherals are all set to become cheaper with the Commercial Taxes department slashing the rate of Value Added Tax (VAT) on the products from ...READ MORE
State remains on top in proposed investments For the third year in a row, Karnataka is set to top the list of States attracting potential investments. Till August, the State garnered a ...READ MORE
‘Forest Cell should not be under the BBMP’ One of the ideas proposed by the Forest Department to counter the loss of greenery in Bengaluru is taking back the Forest Cell ...READ MORE
India’s Bhutan hydel project ready Topic: International Relations IN NEWS: India’s750-megawatt Mangdechhu hydropower project at Bhutan, is ready to commission. More on the Topic: The Mangdechhu project was bagged by the Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. ...READ MORE
BMRCL floats tender for Silk Board-K.R. Puram line The Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) has floated the tender for the Silk Board – K.R. Puram metro line under Phase II–A. ...READ MORE
Karnataka State sets up 7th pay commission The State government on 1st June constituted the seventh pay commission and appointed the former IAS officer Srinivas Murthy as its chairman. Chief Minister Siddaramaiah ...READ MORE
Here is the link for the PDF format: schedule-for-the-year-2017READ MORE
City fails to make it to top 50 in Ease of Living Index It said that the Ease of Living Index is structured according to four pillars — institutional, social, economic ...READ MORE
The Union government on Sunday launched the first phase of the all India Measles and Rubella (MR) vaccine immunisation campaign from Bengaluru for the four states of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, ...READ MORE
All about nuclear security summit
Karnataka – Govt Slashes Tax On CCTV Cameras To
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 13th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 22nd
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 5th December
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 28th
Karnataka Current Affairs for KAS / KPSC Exams
KPSC/KAS EXAMINATION SCHEDULE – 2017 (TENTATIVE)
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 14th August
Measles-Rubella vaccine drive launched; to cover 1.65 cr