Basavaraj Rayaraddi is HKRDB chairman
- Basavaraj Rayaraddi, Minister for Higher Education and Koppal in-charge, has been appointed as the chairman of Hyderabad-Karnatak Regional Development Board for two years.
- Mr. Rayaraddi succeeds Sharan Prakash Patil, Minister for Medical Education, whose term came to an end recently.
- The appointment of Mr. Rayaraddi was according to the order passed by the government on 9th March.
MUDA on approval of building plans
- Mysuru City Corporation, in a release, said building plans in its limits will be approved only if applications were submitted online.
- With the launch of Online Building Plan Approval System last month, citizens have been told to submit their applications for building plan approvals only through certified engineers and architects.
- Applications can be submitted on http://220.127.116.11/LBPASPORTALTRAINING
NGT imposes Rs. 10 lakh fine on BBMP
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) on Friday came down heavily on the BBMP for dumping waste in a vacant quarry and imposed an environmental compensation of Rs. 10 lakh.
- A bench headed by judicial member Jawad Rahim rapped the BBMP for not complying with previous orders pertaining to bio-mining at quarry sites and summoned the commissioner.
- The green panel further rapped the BBMP’s counsel after he submitted that an expert committee had suggested alternatives to bio-mining.
- The directions came while the tribunal was hearing a plea by a group of petitioners who alleged that the civic body was dumping waste in an abandoned quarry in Bagalur village.
- The action of the respondents in dumping the solid waste in the Bagalur Grama Panchayat limits is grossly illegal and arbitrary and constitutes an abuse of environment.
- It poses a serious threat to life and livelihood of the people of the area, including the petitioners and their families.
- The dumping has commenced in pursuance of the order of the government of Karnataka and the BBMP without obtaining approvals or authorisation from various authorities
- The green panel had, on January 17 directed that ‘no dumping’ shall be carried out at the quarry site concerned.
Resolution passed at women’s convention
- The two-day convention organised by Karnataka Mahila Dourjanya Virodhi Okkoota to mark International Women’s Day has passed a resolution demanding that all political parties provide proper political representation and opportunity to women in the Assembly elections in Karnataka.
- The other resolutions adopted at the valedictory on Friday include demanding total prohibition on sale of liquor in Karnataka; ensuring payment of fair remuneration for sanitation workers; mechanisation of drainage cleaning work, and conducting probes into incidents of sexual atrocities on women.
- As part of the convention, a jatha was taken out in the main streets of the city.
- Social activist Kadidal Shamanna, literary critic Rajendra Chenni, writers H.S. Anupama and Akshatha Humchadakatte took part.
- Addressing the valedictory, Flavia Agnes, legal scholar, said it is the right time for the Indian feminist movement to redefine its objectives and work with a broader agenda of protecting democracy.
- Flavia Agnes said that the nation is witnessing organised efforts by anti-democratic forces to suppress freedom guaranteed for citizens by the Constitution.
- These forces were unleashing violence on marginalised sections of the society in the name of food culture and vandalising places of worship of mMinorities.
- Writer Savitha Nagabhushan lamented that a major chunk of the mainstream political parties had not evinced interest to pass the Women’s Reservation Bill that aims at reserving one-third of the seats in Lok Sabha and State Legislatures for women.
ಮಹದಾಯಿ ಐತೀರ್ಪು ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ?ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ, ಗೋವಾ ಮತ್ತು ಮಹಾರಾಷ್ಟ್ರ ನಡುವೆ ಮಹದಾಯಿ ನೀರು ಹಂಚಿಕೆಯ ಕುರಿತಂತೆ ವಿಚಾರಣೆ ಮುಗಿಸಿರುವ ಮಹದಾಯಿ ಜಲವಿವಾದ ನ್ಯಾಯಾಧಿಕರಣ ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 20ರೊಳಗೆ ಐತೀರ್ಪು ಪ್ರಕಟಿಸಲಿದೆ. ಕಳಸಾ ತಿರುವು ಕಾಲುವೆಯ ದುರಸ್ತಿ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ಕೆ ಅನುಮತಿ ನೀಡುವಂತೆ ಕೋರಿ ರಾಜ್ಯ ಸರಕಾರ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿದ್ದ ಮನವಿಯನ್ನು ತಿರಸ್ಕರಿಸಿರುವ ...READ MORE
Integrated Housing & Slum Development Programme (IHSDP) For taking up Housing and Slum up gradation programme in Non-BSUP cities, Integrated Housing & Slum Development Programme (IHSDP) was launched along with BSUP in December 2005. This programme combines ...READ MORE
RBI to Infuse Rs 36000cr to ease Liquidity Topic: GS-3 Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment. IN NEWS: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided ...READ MORE
Cotton replaces PVC as printers try to stay afloat Following the ban by the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) on display of flex and banners in the city, advertisers are making ...READ MORE
Central Road and Infrastructure Fund (CRIF) Why in news? The administrative control of Central Road and Infrastructure Fund (CRIF) has been transferred to the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Finance Ministry. So ...READ MORE
ಚೀನಾದ ಬಾಹ್ಯಾಕಾಶ ಪ್ರಯೋಗಾಲಯ ಸಮುದ್ರದಲ್ಲಿ ಪತನ ಟಿಯಾಂಗಾಂಗ್ -1 ಹೆಸರಿನ ಚೀನಾದ ಬಾಹ್ಯಾಕಾಶ ಪ್ರಯೋಗಾಲಯ ಪೆಸಿಫಿಕ್ ಸಾಗರದಲ್ಲಿ ಪತನಗೊಂಡಿದೆ ಎಂದು ಚೀನಾದ ಬಾಹ್ಯಾಕಾಶ ಅಧ್ಯಯನ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ ದೃಢಪಡಿಸಿದೆ. ಬಾಹ್ಯಾಕಾಶ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರದಲ್ಲಿ ಮಹಾತ್ವಾಕಾಂಕ್ಷೆ ಹೊಂದಿರುವ ಚೀನಾ, ಬಾಹ್ಯಾಕಾಶದ ಪ್ರಯೋಗಗಳಿಗೆ ಬಳಸಿಕೊಳ್ಳಲು 2011ರಲ್ಲಿ ಟಿಯಾಂಗಾಂಗ್-1 ಅನ್ನು ಕಕ್ಷೆಗೆ ...READ MORE
Govt. starts process to roll out Smart City plan After finally making it to the list of ‘Smart Cities’, the process to make Bengaluru ‘smart’ has begun, with the State government ...READ MORE
Introduction The norm for providing potable drinking water is 55 litres per capita per day (LPCD) with a provision of 3 litres for drinking, 5 litres for cooking, 15 litres for ...READ MORE
Ankasamudra reserve becomes a birds’ paradise The purpose of notifying an old tank at Ankasamudra village of Hagari Bommanahalli taluk in Ballari district, as a bird conservation reserve by the government, ...READ MORE
25th ಜುಲೈ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
Urban Development – Integrated Housing & Slum Development
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 2nd October
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 18th September
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 1st August
2nd ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 24th
Rural Development – Rural Water Supply – KAS/KPSC
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 28th August
“20th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”