Basavaraj Rayaraddi is HKRDB chairman
- Basavaraj Rayaraddi, Minister for Higher Education and Koppal in-charge, has been appointed as the chairman of Hyderabad-Karnatak Regional Development Board for two years.
- Mr. Rayaraddi succeeds Sharan Prakash Patil, Minister for Medical Education, whose term came to an end recently.
- The appointment of Mr. Rayaraddi was according to the order passed by the government on 9th March.
MUDA on approval of building plans
- Mysuru City Corporation, in a release, said building plans in its limits will be approved only if applications were submitted online.
- With the launch of Online Building Plan Approval System last month, citizens have been told to submit their applications for building plan approvals only through certified engineers and architects.
- Applications can be submitted on http://18.104.22.168/LBPASPORTALTRAINING
NGT imposes Rs. 10 lakh fine on BBMP
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) on Friday came down heavily on the BBMP for dumping waste in a vacant quarry and imposed an environmental compensation of Rs. 10 lakh.
- A bench headed by judicial member Jawad Rahim rapped the BBMP for not complying with previous orders pertaining to bio-mining at quarry sites and summoned the commissioner.
- The green panel further rapped the BBMP’s counsel after he submitted that an expert committee had suggested alternatives to bio-mining.
- The directions came while the tribunal was hearing a plea by a group of petitioners who alleged that the civic body was dumping waste in an abandoned quarry in Bagalur village.
- The action of the respondents in dumping the solid waste in the Bagalur Grama Panchayat limits is grossly illegal and arbitrary and constitutes an abuse of environment.
- It poses a serious threat to life and livelihood of the people of the area, including the petitioners and their families.
- The dumping has commenced in pursuance of the order of the government of Karnataka and the BBMP without obtaining approvals or authorisation from various authorities
- The green panel had, on January 17 directed that ‘no dumping’ shall be carried out at the quarry site concerned.
Resolution passed at women’s convention
- The two-day convention organised by Karnataka Mahila Dourjanya Virodhi Okkoota to mark International Women’s Day has passed a resolution demanding that all political parties provide proper political representation and opportunity to women in the Assembly elections in Karnataka.
- The other resolutions adopted at the valedictory on Friday include demanding total prohibition on sale of liquor in Karnataka; ensuring payment of fair remuneration for sanitation workers; mechanisation of drainage cleaning work, and conducting probes into incidents of sexual atrocities on women.
- As part of the convention, a jatha was taken out in the main streets of the city.
- Social activist Kadidal Shamanna, literary critic Rajendra Chenni, writers H.S. Anupama and Akshatha Humchadakatte took part.
- Addressing the valedictory, Flavia Agnes, legal scholar, said it is the right time for the Indian feminist movement to redefine its objectives and work with a broader agenda of protecting democracy.
- Flavia Agnes said that the nation is witnessing organised efforts by anti-democratic forces to suppress freedom guaranteed for citizens by the Constitution.
- These forces were unleashing violence on marginalised sections of the society in the name of food culture and vandalising places of worship of mMinorities.
- Writer Savitha Nagabhushan lamented that a major chunk of the mainstream political parties had not evinced interest to pass the Women’s Reservation Bill that aims at reserving one-third of the seats in Lok Sabha and State Legislatures for women.
Fire in Kalkere Range Thousands of acres of forest cover burnt down in forest fire in Bandipur tiger reserve on Saturday and a forest guard succumbed to burn injuries while preventing the flames ...READ MORE
Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Tuesday publicly spiked a proposal of the food and civil supplies department to provide cash coupons to BPL ration cardholders instead of food grains. Speaking after launching ...READ MORE
ISRO & ROSCOSMOS to work together for first Indian manned mission Topic: Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, nano-technology, bio-technology IN NEWS: At end of delegation level talks between ...READ MORE
Ease of Living Index Why in news? Mangaluru city has ranked 41st in the country and top in the State in the Ease of Living Index 2018 released by the Union Ministry ...READ MORE
ಇ-ವಾಹನ ನೀತಿ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಎಲೆಕ್ಟ್ರಿಕ್ ಸ್ಕೂಟರ್ ಚಾಲನೆಗೆ ವಯೋಮಿತಿಯನ್ನು 16 ವರ್ಷಕ್ಕೆ ಇಳಿಸಲು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ರಸ್ತೆ ಸಾರಿಗೆ ಸಚಿವಾಲಯ ಚಿಂತನೆ ನಡೆಸಿದೆ. ದೇಶದಲ್ಲಿ ಇ-ವಾಹನಗಳ ಬಳಕೆ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿಸುವ ಉದ್ದೇಶ ದಿಂದ ಹೊಸ ನಿಯಮಗಳನ್ನು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಜಾರಿಗೊಳಿಸಲು ಮುಂದಾಗಿದೆ. ಇ-ವಾಹನ ನೀತಿಯ ಮಹತ್ವ: ...READ MORE
What is Kambala? Kambala is an annual festival celebrated in the Dakshina Kannada district of Karnataka. The festival involves the traditional buffalo race, a popular and unique sport among the farming ...READ MORE
Manifesto of tribal rights Topic: Issues related to vulnerable sections of the society IN NEWS: A manifesto for rights of the tribal population, residing mainly in southern Rajasthan, has demanded that they be ...READ MORE
The 68th Republic Day parade in New Delhi's Rajpath was a colourful affair tableaux from 17 states and Union Territories showcased the varied historical, art and cultural heritage of the ...READ MORE
Atal Tinkering Lab opened An Atal Tinkering Laboratory (ATL) was opened at a private school in the city on 12th Sep. B.N. Suresh, former director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, inaugurated the ...READ MORE
Now, Aadhaar to check truant govt doctors In a major reform, the state government will introduce an Aadhaar-based attendance system to check absenteeism of doctors and paramedics at government colleges and ...READ MORE
Everything you need to know about Bandipur Forest
Karnataka: Govt to provide cash coupons instead of
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 8th October
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 14th August
“11th ಮೇ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
After Jallakattu, Karnataka wakes up for “Kambala”
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 7th December
India Celebrate 68th Republic Day – Highlights
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 16th