Bengaluru’s Smart City ranking improves
- Bengaluru’s ranking under Smart City has also seen an improvement from 74 to 30. However, the jump in ranking is only for floating tenders and issuing work orders. Actual work on the project is yet to begin.
- Senior civic officials conceded that work is not likely to be taken up any time soon.
- Bengaluru was the last city to be chosen from Karnataka for the Smart City project. The cities from Karnataka that have been chosen for the project are Belagavi, Davangere, Hubballi, Mangaluru, Shivamogga, Tumakuru and Bengaluru.
- The ranking, is given based on the number of projects for which tenders have been floated and the number of work orders issued for the project implementation.
- A Special Purpose Vehicle was created.
- The BBMP had already floated tenders for taking up TenderSURE work on 20 roads at a cost of Rs. 255 crore, and work orders have been issued for the same. The civic body has also issued the work orders for converting all street lights into LED lights under a public-private partnership project at a cost of Rs. 800 crore.
- Recently, the BBMP had floated a tender to take up TenderSURE work on 16 select roads, apart from revamping of K.R. Market, a heritage structure. The two tenders are worth around Rs. 250 crore.
Restoration of the 80-year-old house in which Jnanpith Award winner K. Shivaram Karanth spent most of his life has begun at Balavana in Puttur, 90 km from Mangaluru. The work is ...READ MORE
'Year of Wild' campaign brings profit to tourism dept By promoting Karnataka as a tourism-friendly destination under the theme of 'Year of the Wild', in 2017- 18, the state has seen ...READ MORE
Groundwater depletion in DK raises concern Dakshina Kannada which had experienced good rains this year, is witnessing an unusual phenomenon of ground water depletion in of October itself. According to the available ...READ MORE
After success of Devanahalli FSTP, plans to set up more After the successful pilot of a faecal sludge treatment plant (FSTP) in Devanahalli, the Consortium for DEWATS Dissemination Society (CDDS) is ...READ MORE
What is Kambala? Kambala is an annual festival celebrated in the Dakshina Kannada district of Karnataka. The festival involves the traditional buffalo race, a popular and unique sport among the farming ...READ MORE
Amazon India, Flipkart and their rivals could soon face tax complications with Karnataka proposing a 1 per cent levy on payments by buyers to sellers on ecommerce sites, a move ...READ MORE
Scientists at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) are working on a high-tech 3D sketching tool that will allow designers to sketch on a 3D canvas with better precision and ...READ MORE
Minimum basic for state govt staff may be fixed at Rs 16,350 The sixth pay commission constituted by the state government said on Saturday it is yet to finalise its report, ...READ MORE
Agriculture operations begin on a brisk note With good pre-monsoon showers, agricultural operations have begun on a brisk note in Ballari district for the current kharif season. As against a normal average ...READ MORE
Karanth’s house being restored
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 4th April
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 30th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 19th September
After Jallakattu, Karnataka wakes up for “Kambala”
New tax tangle for e-commerce firms: Karnataka proposes
IISc scientists work on tool for 3D sketching
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 16th –
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 4th June
Karnataka: Centre plans med tech zone in B’luru