RERA: Only 69 projects registered in Hubballi-Dharwad and Belagavi areas
- The progress achieved as far as registration under the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act 2016 is concerned is abysmally low in Hubballi-Dharwad and Belagavi areas where real estate business has witnessed significant growth
- Mr. Mohan said that though RERA registration has been made mandatory to bring in discipline in the real estate business, only 69 projects have been registered in Hubballi-Dharwad so far.
- Similarly, the number of projects registered with RERA is 31 in Belagavi, three in Vijayapura and one each in Gadag and Davangere.
- It is disappointing that these areas are lagging behind in RERA registration, he said.
- The Union government implemented this act throughout the country to regulate real estate business.
- It has provisions to safeguard the interests of builders as well as customers. Even real estate agents have been brought under the orbit of this Act.
- Therefore, no one could avoid registration under this Act. Everyone should understand that the arms of the State are long and can reach wherever they wish to. RERA officials have set in the process of compiling the data base of all projects that have obtained permission from the Urban Development Authorities and the Urban Local Bodies. Hence, it will not be difficult to identify all real estate projects across the State.
- Excuses such as lack of knowledge or information will not hold water and it was better to go for registration to avoid issues in future.
- Moreover, prolonged delay in registration of projects will attract more penalties. Sooner or later those having no RERA registration will have to face difficulties.
- All projects that have not been registered with RERA would be identified and acted upon. Those who will be caught will end up in paying hefty penalties. Apart from Civil Court procedures, there are provisions to imprison defaulters for three years, he added.
- RERA has also made provisions for customers to file complaints.
- All complaints will be taken up only after holding preliminary investigation and prima faciefound to be having merit.
- All process in RERA, including registration and filing complaints, are made online and office visits happen rarely. Arrangements have been made to hold district-level awareness workshops, he said.
What is Jallikattu? Jallikattu is an ancient bull taming blood sport played in Tamil Nadu. It's a part of Pongal celebrations on Mattu Pongal day According to experts, the term Jallikattu is derived ...READ MORE
A recent study by the WHO shows that a significant population of Indian subcontinent breathes air with much higher particulate matter that is lesser than 2.5 micrometre (PM2.5) in size ...READ MORE
Hampi voted as top Asian travel destination A panel consisting of five of the world’s top travel influencers and bloggers has voted Hampi as one of the top emerging Asian travel ...READ MORE
Why in News: The 17th Summit of the Heads of State and Government of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) was held on 17 and 18 September in Margarita Island, northeast of Venezuela, in ...READ MORE
Water Programme (NRDWP): In order to meet adequate and safe drinking water supply requirements in rural areas, particularly in areas where coverage is less than 55 lpcd and in those ...READ MORE
Hassan poet chosen for national event Poet Ja.Na.Tejashree has been chosen to represent Kannada poetry in the National Symposium of Poets of 2018, an annual event conducted by All India Radio. Ms. ...READ MORE
Mission Statement: The State Urban Livelihoods Mission will aim “to reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households by enabling them to access gainful self-employment & skilled wage employment opportunities, ...READ MORE
Introduction Wind power is the conversion of wind energy into a useful form of energy Wind Energy is generated by harnessing the kinetic energy of atmospheric air Wind turbines work by transforming the ...READ MORE
Defunct Tungabhadra Steel to be closed down The Union government has finally decided to close down Tungabhadra Steel Products Limited at Hosapete in Ballari district. The ISO 9001 company, located on a ...READ MORE
Jallikattu Explained – History – Controversy – PETA
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams-28th December 2018
Explained: NAM “Non Aligned Movement”- Important for IAS/KAS
Rural Development-National Rural Drinking & Desert Development Programme
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 1st-3rd
Urban Development: State Urban Livelihoods Mission (SULM)
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 11th
National Tribal Carnival 2016