RERA: Only 69 projects registered in Hubballi-Dharwad and Belagavi areas
- The progress achieved as far as registration under the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act 2016 is concerned is abysmally low in Hubballi-Dharwad and Belagavi areas where real estate business has witnessed significant growth
- Mr. Mohan said that though RERA registration has been made mandatory to bring in discipline in the real estate business, only 69 projects have been registered in Hubballi-Dharwad so far.
- Similarly, the number of projects registered with RERA is 31 in Belagavi, three in Vijayapura and one each in Gadag and Davangere.
- It is disappointing that these areas are lagging behind in RERA registration, he said.
- The Union government implemented this act throughout the country to regulate real estate business.
- It has provisions to safeguard the interests of builders as well as customers. Even real estate agents have been brought under the orbit of this Act.
- Therefore, no one could avoid registration under this Act. Everyone should understand that the arms of the State are long and can reach wherever they wish to. RERA officials have set in the process of compiling the data base of all projects that have obtained permission from the Urban Development Authorities and the Urban Local Bodies. Hence, it will not be difficult to identify all real estate projects across the State.
- Excuses such as lack of knowledge or information will not hold water and it was better to go for registration to avoid issues in future.
- Moreover, prolonged delay in registration of projects will attract more penalties. Sooner or later those having no RERA registration will have to face difficulties.
- All projects that have not been registered with RERA would be identified and acted upon. Those who will be caught will end up in paying hefty penalties. Apart from Civil Court procedures, there are provisions to imprison defaulters for three years, he added.
- RERA has also made provisions for customers to file complaints.
- All complaints will be taken up only after holding preliminary investigation and prima faciefound to be having merit.
- All process in RERA, including registration and filing complaints, are made online and office visits happen rarely. Arrangements have been made to hold district-level awareness workshops, he said.
The Rajya Sabha passed the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015, The bill seeks to make the resolution of cheque bounce cases a speedier and less inconvenient affair. It introduces an amendment that ...READ MORE
Elephant census: Focus on numbers, sex ratio The four-day exercise to enumerate elephants, which concluded on 19th May, will not just throw up estimates on the elephant population, but will also ...READ MORE
Kalaburagi is now free wifi connected Kalaburagi is now wi-fi connected with the installation of a new, free wi-fi hotspot, at the city's Mahanagara Palike office premises. MP Mallikarjun Kharge inaugurated the ...READ MORE
World Trade Organisation - Nairobi meeting from December 15 to 18. India is likely to ratify the World Trade Organisation’s (WTO) Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA), aimed at easing customs rules to expedite ...READ MORE
ಸೌದಿಯಿಂದ ವಿಶ್ವದ ಅತಿದೊಡ್ಡ ಸೋಲಾರ್ ಪಾರ್ಕ್ ಯೋಜನೆ ಸೌದಿ ಅರೇಬಿಯಾ 13.03 ಲಕ್ಷ ಕೋಟಿ ರೂ. ವೆಚ್ಚದ ಸೌರಶಕ್ತಿ ಯೋಜನೆ ಆರಂಭಿಸುವ ಸಲುವಾಗಿ ಸಾಫ್ಟ್ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್ ಗ್ರೂಪ್ ಜತೆಗೆ ಒಪ್ಪಂದಕ್ಕೆ ಸಹಿ ಹಾಕಿದೆ. ನೂತನ ಯೋಜನೆಯಿಂದಾಗಿ ಸೌದಿ ಅರೇಬಿಯಾ ವಿದ್ಯುತ್ಗಾಗಿ ತೈಲದ ಮೇಲೆ ಅವಲಂಬಿತವಾಗುವುದು ...READ MORE
Direct Rice Sowing method proves a success in Ballari Owing to failure of rain in the months of June and July this year, or due to relentless motivation by the officials ...READ MORE
For import of an aircraft following steps were necessary till now For remittance of funds for import of aircraft, the approval of the ministry was mandatory. Scheduled Operators (airlines) and Regional Scheduled ...READ MORE
'Agni Sakhi' eco-friendly stove to light up 130 rural homes "Agni Sakhi', a boon to village home-makers in the taluk, has entered the kitchens of the women of Shidlaghatta taluk, thanks ...READ MORE
Introduction - Why Important Steel is the backbone of any modern economy. The level of per capita consumption of steel is often considered an important index of the level of economic ...READ MORE
Pressure mounts on State to reduce VAT on petrol, diesel With Gujarat, Maharashtra and Himachal Pradesh reducing Value Added Tax (VAT) on fuel from Wednesday, towing the line of the Centre ...READ MORE
Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 14th
Trade Facilitation Agreement
29th ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams -19th- 21st
Relaxed norms for aircraft import
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 27th
Steel Sector in India
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 12th-13th