RERA: Only 69 projects registered in Hubballi-Dharwad and Belagavi areas
- The progress achieved as far as registration under the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act 2016 is concerned is abysmally low in Hubballi-Dharwad and Belagavi areas where real estate business has witnessed significant growth
- Mr. Mohan said that though RERA registration has been made mandatory to bring in discipline in the real estate business, only 69 projects have been registered in Hubballi-Dharwad so far.
- Similarly, the number of projects registered with RERA is 31 in Belagavi, three in Vijayapura and one each in Gadag and Davangere.
- It is disappointing that these areas are lagging behind in RERA registration, he said.
- The Union government implemented this act throughout the country to regulate real estate business.
- It has provisions to safeguard the interests of builders as well as customers. Even real estate agents have been brought under the orbit of this Act.
- Therefore, no one could avoid registration under this Act. Everyone should understand that the arms of the State are long and can reach wherever they wish to. RERA officials have set in the process of compiling the data base of all projects that have obtained permission from the Urban Development Authorities and the Urban Local Bodies. Hence, it will not be difficult to identify all real estate projects across the State.
- Excuses such as lack of knowledge or information will not hold water and it was better to go for registration to avoid issues in future.
- Moreover, prolonged delay in registration of projects will attract more penalties. Sooner or later those having no RERA registration will have to face difficulties.
- All projects that have not been registered with RERA would be identified and acted upon. Those who will be caught will end up in paying hefty penalties. Apart from Civil Court procedures, there are provisions to imprison defaulters for three years, he added.
- RERA has also made provisions for customers to file complaints.
- All complaints will be taken up only after holding preliminary investigation and prima faciefound to be having merit.
- All process in RERA, including registration and filing complaints, are made online and office visits happen rarely. Arrangements have been made to hold district-level awareness workshops, he said.
Introduction ∗ Geothermal energy is thermal energy generated and stored in the Earth. Thermal energy is the energy that determines the temperature of matter. ∗ The Geothermal energy of the Earth's crust ...READ MORE
ವಾಕ್ ಸ್ವಾತಂತ್ರ್ಯದ ಹಕ್ಕು ಸ್ವೇಚ್ಛಾನುಸಾರವಲ್ಲ, ಆದ್ದರಿಂದ ಮಾನಹಾನಿಗೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಿಸಿದ ಐಪಿಸಿಯ ದಂಡನಾರ್ಹ ಕಲಂಗಳಿಗೆ ಸಾಂವಿಧಾನಿಕ ಸಿಂಧುತ್ವ ಇದೆ ಎಂದು ಸುಪ್ರೀಂಕೋರ್ಟ್ ಸ್ಪಷ್ಟಪಡಿಸಿದೆ. ಮಾನಹಾನಿಗೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಿಸಿದ ಭಾರತೀಯ ದಂಡ ಸಂಹಿತೆಯ (ಐಪಿಸಿ) ಕಲಂ 499 ಮತ್ತು 500 ಹಾಗೂ ಅಪರಾಧ ಪ್ರಕ್ರಿಯಾ ಸಂಹಿತೆಯ (ಸಿಪಿಸಿ) ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government is planning to introduce 100% reservation to Kannadigas in blue-collar jobs in private sector industries across the state. The state labour department has released the draft amendments to ...READ MORE
Direct Rice Sowing method proves a success in Ballari Owing to failure of rain in the months of June and July this year, or due to relentless motivation by the officials ...READ MORE
Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) will train construction workers workingin its poat graduate campus. They will be trained in six basic skills related to their work by the varsity, which has been ...READ MORE
The High Court of Karnataka recently expressed displeasure over the dwindling number of policewomen in the state. Justice A N Venugopala Gowda, who is monitoring the recruitment of police personnel in ...READ MORE
The process of getting fish-catch data related to inland fisheries is expected to get revolutionised with the development of a mobile-based application.The app, which has been developed by the Central ...READ MORE
What is Great Canara Trail A section of the trail a 108 km route from Ulavi to Castlerock, falling within the ambit of Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve is being readied, with the ...READ MORE
Ballari to play host to Janapada Rangotsava from April 21 Connoisseurs of art and music are in for an audio-visual treat at the three-day national-level Janapada Rangotsava from April 21 at ...READ MORE
ಮಾನಹಾನಿಯ ಸ್ವರೂಪ ಆಗಲಿ ಪುನರ್ವಿಮರ್ಶೆ
Karnataka plans 100% quota for locals in private
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams -19th- 21st
VTU to train construction workers
High Court: Prepare plan for recruiting women police
Fishery Friends- Karnataka
Everything you need to know about – “Great
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Welfare of acid attack victims