Schools to be penalised if they fail to implement Kannada phase-wise
- Students from other States who enrol in schools in Karnataka between classes two and eight will have to study class one syllabus of Kannada.
- This has been designed to ensure smooth transition for students. This academic year, schools have to compulsorily start teaching Kannada in class one and ensure that it is implemented phase-wise and by the 2026-27 academic year, it should be taught in all classes from one to 10.
- Out-of-State students will subsequently have to study syllabus of the next standards. For example, if they join class four, they have to study first standard syllabus. In fifth standard, they have to study second standard Kannada textbook and so on.
- However, those who come from other States and enrol in classes 9 or 10 in Karnataka, will have to study syllabus prescribed by the Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board.
- The Department of Primary and Secondary Education has laid down the rules for implementation of the Kannada Language Learning Act, 2015.
- While government schools from classes one to four should follow the Nali Kali textbooks for Kannada, private schools should follow the Kali Nali textbooks. From class five onwards, Kannada needs to be taught as the first or the second language.
- If any school is found not teaching Kannada, then the education officials will conduct a surprise inspection and initiate action as per the Karnataka Education Act 1983.
State-owned aviation major, Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) thought so when it produced 39 Basant aircraft but stopped building them after 1980. Now, the Aussies want rich Indian farmers to check out ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government is planning to introduce 100% reservation to Kannadigas in blue-collar jobs in private sector industries across the state. The state labour department has released the draft amendments to ...READ MORE
Two reports released on Thursday, one at the global level and the other India-specific, say the country is on track to meet only two (under-five overweight and exclusive breastfeeding rates) ...READ MORE
Ten months since the launch of the Centre’s much publicised Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY), thousands of families living below the poverty line (BPL) across the State are still depending ...READ MORE
Preparation of Master Plans for the orderly development of Cities, Towns and Villages in the State and providing technical assistance to Urban Development Authorities, Planning Authorities and Local Bodies in the ...READ MORE
Criminalise marital rape: UNDP chief Recently Minister for Women and Child Welfare Maneka Gandhi submitted in Parliament that the government wouldn’t criminalise “marital rape,”. She said that the “concept of marital rape, as ...READ MORE
Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) will train construction workers workingin its poat graduate campus. They will be trained in six basic skills related to their work by the varsity, which has been ...READ MORE
KARNAKATA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, BANGALORE-1. PAGE:1 E(1)/31/2016-17/PSC Date : 29/04/2016 NOTIFICATION List of the candidates eligible for Personality Test for recruitment to Gazetted Probationers Group 'A' & 'B' services 2014 for which the main ...READ MORE
Solar energy sector The government approved a post facto agreement with Germany to expand bilateral cooperation in the field of solar energy. The Union Cabinet approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to ...READ MORE
A 25-year-old engineer with respiratory problems was the first to use a recently launched air ambulance service to rush to a hospital. Sandeep was brought in a helicopter from Toranagallu in ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Aircraft to spray seeds and fertilisers?
Karnataka plans 100% quota for locals in private
State of nutrition in the country
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme yet to see
Urban Development-Town and Country Planning
Marital rape – Need to be criminalised?
VTU to train construction workers
KPSC MAINS RESULTS 2015
Government approves pacts with Germany
Karnataka: Air ambulance debuts with flight from Ballari