BBMP declares all wards as ‘Open Defecation Free’
- The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has issued a public notice declaring areas under its jurisdiction as ‘Open Defecation Free’. The notice has been issued after approval from the BBMP council recently.
- Until now, none of the 198 wards in the city had been declared free of open defecation
- It is only after this initial process is completed that the BBMP can apply for certification from the Quality Control of India, which will submit its report to the Centre.
- Just initiating the process of declaring the 198 wards as being Open Defecation Free (ODF) will earn 25 points under the Swachh Bharat Mission. In 2016, the city scored a zero in the category, as no part of the city was declared open defecation free. In 2017, the BBMP was able to declare 109 wards as ODF.
- As per the Swachh Bharat Mission standard for cities with a floating population of more than five lakh, there should be one toilet seat for every 100 men and two toilet seats for every 100 women.
- According to a survey by the Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy, nearly 85% of all public toilets are in the core city areas.
- The study also showed that the city needs at least 1,100 public toilet complexes.
- The BBMP has already found gaps in a few wards in the outer zones.
Water Resources Minister M B Patil on Wednesday informed the Legislative Council that it would be unscientific to desilt the Tungabhadra dam, which has about 33 tmcft of silt deposition. Replying ...READ MORE
Zero Budget Natural Farming (ZBNF) The city’s vibrant gardening community where members are proponents of healthy and chemical-free grain, fruits and vegetables is contributing to the growing trend of urban farming. Many ...READ MORE
ಕ್ಷಯರೋಗ ಆಂದೋಲನ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ ? ರಾಜ್ಯದಲ್ಲಿ 'ಕ್ಷಯರೋಗ'(ಟಿಬಿ) ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣಕ್ಕೆ ಮುಂದಾಗಿರುವ ಆರೋಗ್ಯ ಇಲಾಖೆ ಜು. 2ರಿಂದ 13ರವರೆಗೆ ಸಕ್ರಿಯ ಕ್ಷಯರೋಗ ಪತ್ತೆ ಆಂದೋಲನ ಕೈಗೊಂಡಿದೆ. ಪರಿಷ್ಕೃತ ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ಕ್ಷಯರೋಗ ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮ'ದಡಿ ಬಿಬಿಎಂಪಿ ಸೇರಿದಂತೆ 31 ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಆಂದೋಲನ ನಡೆಸಲಿದೆ. ಹನ್ನೆರಡು ದಿನಗಳ ...READ MORE
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme has been in operation in all the districts of Karnataka State since 2006-07 which is being implemented in a phased manner. The primary ...READ MORE
Now, Aadhaar to check truant govt doctors In a major reform, the state government will introduce an Aadhaar-based attendance system to check absenteeism of doctors and paramedics at government colleges and ...READ MORE
CM dedicates Pavagada solar plant to nation Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, on 2nd March, said the mega solar power plant set up here was the eighth wonder of the world and a ...READ MORE
BDA to maintain 379.22 acres as public space The Cabinet has given approval for handing over to BDA 379.22 acres of land comprising tankbed, gomal and government land in Arkavathy and ...READ MORE
Government approves mechanism for sale of enemy shares Topic: Governance IN NEWS:The Union Cabinet has approved a mechanism for sale of enemy shares which at the current price is estimated at around Rs ...READ MORE
Scrub typhus is key encephalitis cause in eastern U.P.: study Why in news? Three years of data from Gorakhpur’s Baba Raghav Das (BRD) Medical College has confirmed that the majority of Acute ...READ MORE
Manipur Sangai Festival Topic: Art and Culture IN NEWS: The annual Sangai Festival was celebrated in northeastern state of Manipur. It is grandest festival of state named after state animal, Sangai, ...READ MORE
To offset silt in Tungabhadra dam: State plans to
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 20th
“2nd ಜುಲೈ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Rural Development- Rural Employment and Livelihood-
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 16th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 2nd
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 10th November
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 8th
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 22nd November