BBMP declares all wards as ‘Open Defecation Free’
- The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has issued a public notice declaring areas under its jurisdiction as ‘Open Defecation Free’. The notice has been issued after approval from the BBMP council recently.
- Until now, none of the 198 wards in the city had been declared free of open defecation
- It is only after this initial process is completed that the BBMP can apply for certification from the Quality Control of India, which will submit its report to the Centre.
- Just initiating the process of declaring the 198 wards as being Open Defecation Free (ODF) will earn 25 points under the Swachh Bharat Mission. In 2016, the city scored a zero in the category, as no part of the city was declared open defecation free. In 2017, the BBMP was able to declare 109 wards as ODF.
- As per the Swachh Bharat Mission standard for cities with a floating population of more than five lakh, there should be one toilet seat for every 100 men and two toilet seats for every 100 women.
- According to a survey by the Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy, nearly 85% of all public toilets are in the core city areas.
- The study also showed that the city needs at least 1,100 public toilet complexes.
- The BBMP has already found gaps in a few wards in the outer zones.
The RPBD is an annual event organised by the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA), as part of its outreach to the Indian Diaspora in various global regions. So far ...READ MORE
Chittoor cop first Indian woman to scale Mt. Elbrus Chittoor district Additional Superintendent of Police G.R. Radhika created a record by scaling Mount Elbrus, the highest mountain in Russia and in ...READ MORE
India signs MoU with Republic of Korea - bilateral air service cooperation India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with South Korea or Republic of Korea (RoK) after negotiations to enhance bilateral ...READ MORE
ಬರಪೀಡಿತ ಜಿಲ್ಲೆ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಇನ್ನು ಮುಂದೆ ಯಾವುದೇ ತಾಲೂಕಿನ ಶೇ.75 ರಷ್ಟು ಕೃಷಿ ಪ್ರದೇಶದಲ್ಲಿ ಬಿತ್ತನೆಯಾಗಿದ್ದು, ಶೇ.50ರಷ್ಟು ತೇವಾಂಶವಿಲ್ಲದೆ ಶೇ.33 ರಷ್ಟು ಬೆಳೆ ನಾಶವಾದರೂ ಆ ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಯನ್ನೂ ಬರಪೀಡಿತ ಎಂದು ಘೋಷಿಸಬಹುದು . ಹಿನ್ನಲೆ ಬರ ಘೋಷಣೆಗೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಿಸಿದ ಕಠಿಣ ಮಾನದಂಡವನ್ನು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರಕಾರ ...READ MORE
First State-owned wayside amenity centre to come up in Chittapur soon The first government-owned roadside multi-amenity centre to cater the basic needs of tourists and travellers is going to be established ...READ MORE
Israel Centre opens at IIMB The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) opened its campus to an Israel Centre on Sunday which is aimed at becoming a “bridge of academic collaboration” ...READ MORE
DBT Why in news? Acknowledging that problems have been experienced by three Union Territories (UTs) in the implementation of direct benefit transfer (DBT) for food subsidy, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) ...READ MORE
Escoms will have to reach for the sun to fulfil new RPOs Electricity Supply Companies (Escoms) in Karnataka will have to increasingly reach for the sun literally in the next few ...READ MORE
IMF staff recommended that the currency be included in the IMF’s benchmark foreign exchange basket Managing Director of the IMF Christine Lagarde also endorsed the yuan’s inclusion in the IMF’s Special ...READ MORE
Regional Pravasi Bharatiya Divas at Los Angeles
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
India- South Korea
“23rd ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 20th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 6th
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 16th July
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 24th August
China’s yuan for SDR basket inclusion
FRP for sugarcane farmers